Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you pass or not?

Started by Priya, March 04, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgie

I do get mammed fairly often.  Especially from behind.  And if I don't have to speak.

But also, won't convince anyone at close range...but then again, just being as femme as I can without transitioning at this time.

•  

Galyo

In person, without talking: yes. I usually get "she" and "her", which is great.

On the phone: no. My voice is a dead giveaway, and I hate it. Still need to go through voice-therapy again, but I'm not confident that it will help much as I've had voice-therapy prior to transitioning and it did squat. At this point I mainly just want to go on voice-therapy as an excuse so I can get voice-surgery at a later stage.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: MarieLouise1982 on April 13, 2018, 01:34:47 AM
Wow , I think you look absolutely lovely and have no worries at all , although you are a woman so we all have our insecurities about how we look.

Hugs

Marie x
Thank you [emoji173] I had makeup on here so it helped a lot! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

BrandiYYC

I do work hard at making an attempt but I don't really 'pass' as anything except for Brandi, and besides my voice honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.  :)
  •  

Maria77

At work, I don't really pass, but since I work in education I don't care.  In public it's been a couple of years since I had any problems.
  •  

juanita

women and men come in all sizes and shapes. I will admit i don't pass because i am over 6ft tall and built like a linebacker.I guess what i am saying is that i have seen women that don't pass was women. I am trying to be happy being trans.  :)
  •  

Donna

Quote from: Allison S on March 28, 2018, 06:20:19 PM
Nope but I felt like doing my makeup anyway for group. Been feeling like a major fraud lately but, hey, I'm going through puberty 2.0 over here... maybe 6 months isn't my "peak" moment but it is what it is. I wann try to embrace it more

Looking good Allison. I would ma'am you in an instant.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

amandam

I could "mostly" pass when younger but haven't for awhile. The biggest problem is my weight. I don't put in on on the belly. I put it on high up in the torso, which is supposed to be healthier. Anyway, it makes me look "muscular" and I have wide shoulders, wings, etc. from it. It's made worse with any muscle. Anyway, my goal is to lose 30 lbs and my torso will melt. Then we'll see.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: juanita on May 12, 2018, 11:15:12 AM
women and men come in all sizes and shapes. I will admit i don't pass because i am over 6ft tall and built like a linebacker.I guess what i am saying is that i have seen women that don't pass was women. I am trying to be happy being trans.  :)

Juanita, welcome to Susan's Place! The part about being happy being transgender is the key. Passing is an abstract concept. I am neither man nor woman, am I "passing" by not "passing"?  :laugh:  It doesn't matter, I'm happy being the unicorn in the crowd.  :)

You have the right idea, keep your on the prize of happiness and you'll do fine. See you around the site.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Donna

Quote from: Devlyn on May 12, 2018, 11:42:21 AM
Juanita, welcome to Susan's Place! The part about being happy being transgender is the key. Passing is an abstract concept. I am neither man nor woman, am I "passing" by not "passing"?  :laugh:  It doesn't matter, I'm happy being the unicorn in the crowd.  :)

You have the right idea, keep your on the prize of happiness and you'll do fine. See you around the site.

Hugs, Devlyn

Love the comments Devlyn. Always so on the nail head. Love being a unicorn, lol I even have unicorn undies.
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Donna on May 12, 2018, 11:20:45 AM
Looking good Allison. I would ma'am you in an instant.
Thank you so much! Sadly, I still get sir'd at this point 7 months on hrt but you know what, I really can't let it get me down anymore.
Thanks again[emoji4]

•  

Doreen

Well.. I get mammed and never sirred.. My voice is fine on phone & off, well in female range.  I just performed in front of a  live audience of about 40 folks, and noone was s>-bleeped-<ing, pointing fingers, laughing behind hands etc.. at me.. 

Does that qualify as 'passing'?  Then I pass :)  That being said I did have far too many people ask me why my face was red :/  Isn't being in the sun with pale skin lovely?  :angel:
  •  

Maybebaby56

Quote from: Devlyn on March 04, 2018, 01:36:01 PM
Passing only works in a world that rejects a gender spectrum.

I would hazard to guess that is a very large percentage of the world.

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

Jin

Not even in my dreams for these last years. In my youth I could easily pass with only a tiny effort.

That ship has sailed. Now I am just me, and not trying to be anything.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Donna

I left the house in a rush today to go to a new job site and didn't do make up at all. Felt so uncomfortable but after all was Done today there was not a single sir and comment about it. Even my daughter didn't comment when I meet her on site.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: juanita on May 12, 2018, 11:15:12 AM

Hi @juanita 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.
I agree with @Devlyn that the prize is being happy, keep your eye on that goal.

I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

LizK

Well I don't know anymore...I was definitely in the no camp but of late some strange stuff has been happening...Not every head in the restaurant turns and stares at me...I never get misgendered....I may not get gendered correctly but more recently I tend to get gendered. I have been actively watching people now for a week and I draw looks as does any woman but they have all seemed to be quite fleeting. I have doors held for me and have recently even been flirted with.

I had almost given up any semblance of just blending in but I think more recently I can achieve at least that. My wife and daughters both commented that they had noticed that more recently I do not attact attention like I used too...so I guess that progress lol I even got offered a mother day drink when we went out for lunch on Sunday...I was pretty happy with that outcome...I guess what's more important for me is whom I see in the mirror and more recently I am seeing her more and more.

Do I pass or not?

EDIT: Avatar picture is a few months old
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Nooms

I'm not sure if I do or don't. I get upset easily so I try not to think about it 😊
Never without my camera...Our ability to capture a moment and freeze it forever in creative imagery is something that touches my very soul!
  •  

Alanna1990

I'm happy to say that I pass every day, even when talking, to such degree that my mind stopped bugging me with insecurities about it, BUT, I do get weird looks since where I live the average height for girls is 5' 2'' with a LOT of girls being way smaller, I'm 5' 7'', not to tall but here I feel like a giant.
  •