Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Question for those who have already had an orchiectomy

Started by Daisy Jane, March 08, 2018, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daisy Jane

So I was on a road trip moving from Virginia back home to Minnesota and I got my orchi near Detroit on Saturday while driving back. Now I'm home in MN, mostly resting, but some of my favorite local bands will be playing this Saturday. I'm dying to see some live music and a lot of my friends will be there so I can expect tons of hugs.

Now, my question is how did you feel one week post-surgery? The swelling in my scrotum has receded a little bit, but it's still about the size of a lemon. I'm somewhat concerned about spending so much time on my feet. Not sure if I'll be able to find seating.
  •  

Devlyn

My independent side says go. My mother hen side says rest.

My experience is probably (hopefully) different from yours. A week after surgery I was still four days away from my "orange" splitting open along the suture line and dumping out a passel of blood. Just think long term before you make your decision.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

iamthatiam8

Like Devlyn i had a lot of swelling aswell so it was uncomfortable to move but if you can move go party girl
I have traveled through madness to find me.
                                               -Danny Alexander
No matter what darkness has covered over my light i am a descendent of an ape, what can possibly stop me.
                                                                           -ME
  •  

Daisy Jane

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 08, 2018, 02:14:00 PM
My independent side says go. My mother hen side says rest.

My experience is probably (hopefully) different from yours. A week after surgery I was still four days away from my "orange" splitting open along the suture line and dumping out a passel of blood. Just think long term before you make your decision.

Hugs, Devlyn

Wait, are you saying that the wound opened up and bled at some point?
  •  

Devlyn

Yeah, it sure did. :o

The surgeon said one of the internal stitches must have let go and the blood found an exit point.
  •  

Devlyn

I documented my entire orchiectomy the best I could. I was frightened and unsure when it started going south. I wasn't posting realtime but I eventually got it all posted.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,224375.0.html
  •  

Daisy Jane

Well, I went to the show tonight. I met up with some friends beforehand and then took my painkillers once I knew I wouldn't have to drive for a while. Even still, one week was clearly not enough healing time as I was in excruciating pain. Apparently having to speak at high volume increases pain. I ended up leaving early. Thankfully both of the bands I missed were local so I know I'll have opportunities to see them again. Having just moved back, I would still say it was worth it because I got to see so many friends.
  •  

Devlyn

Glad you got out, and really glad you were smart enough to throw in the towel.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Daisy Jane

Thanks! And thanks for linking me to your story. It was quite helpful!
  •  

Yuusui

I had mine a little over a week ago, here in Minneapolis, and I am pretty much up and running again with almost no swelling at all. Where did you go to see the bands?

justine77

Hi Daisy Jane,  the main problem I had after my testicles were taken out was that I couldn't walk properly for about a week afterwards. I had a kind of pulling sensation in the groin/lower abdomen area. I rested up for the 1st week and was fine after that. After 2 weeks I was back to normal.  hth  Justine x
  •