Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Other options than RFF?

Started by November Fox, March 11, 2018, 12:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November Fox

This has been asked a thousand times and there are websites who list different procedures. However, I feel they are not comprehensive. It seems as though everytime someone lists the possibilities, there's always a new or different type of surgery not mentioned.

My wrists and forearms are pretty small and I'd rather not have a graft taken from that area. If anything I prefer a less visible graft (or no open graft at all, if that's remotely possible) and having some (sexual) sensation would be great...

Anyone here who had the same concerns? What possibilities have you found? Who will you go to, or have you been to already?
  •  

Pao

Check out the thread abou Dr. Ting's new technique. I wouldn't even consider phallo before I saw this on Transbucket.
  •  

CursedFireDean

ALT is an option if you're skinnier- I think sensation is almost as good as RFF.  But it isn't an option for people with larger thighs. I don't know TONS about it specifically because I'm not a candidate.

As someone with larger thighs, I'm personally looking at abdominal, but specifically from Dr. Christopher Nim at the London Team because they can do a nerve hookup about 50% of the time with the flap they take for the urethra. Sexual sensation isn't AS important with me and the scarring for this is usually hidden under the underwear.

I've also looked at MLD, but personally decided against it because I heard it can sometimes stretch top surgery results. That one I think is just under RFF and ALT in terms of sensation.

Dr. Ting's new procedure isn't really defined for sure yet and to my understanding he doesn't believe nerve hookups work and doesn't do them, so if sexual sensation is important, that's a big consideration with his procedure. He's not been extremely forthcoming with info but it's been great for the people who have gotten it to my knowledge. I think it results in the least scarring that I know of.

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

November Fox

Thanks man, that helps a lot! I had read about both MLD and ALT, but I felt weird about having part of a muscle used (that's how I understood it) and I'm not too happy about it altering top surgery results either (even if the chance is hypothethical).

I'm pretty skinny, so I'd make a good candidate for ALT, although I'm unsure about sensation (it would probably just be tacile sensation with the sexual sensation coming from the embedded c). I like abdominal too but am not sure I'd make a good candidate considering I have several weak spots around my navel (umbilical hernia) which I'd rather be left as undisturbed as possible. I could discuss it with Dr Nim and see what he thinks.

I've looked into Dr Ting's method as well but a chance of nerve hookup is pretty important to me. I'm glad there are options but also bewildered by them.
  •