Started by ChrissyRyan, March 11, 2018, 03:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on March 11, 2018, 10:39:09 PM
Lately I just want chicken. Anything and everything chicken... so weird lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

@ Allison S:     
No, not weird at all.
YES, I usually get chicken instead of beef on my tacos and burritos and on my salads...  and I make lots of chicken casseroles, sandwiches, etc.
Danielle   ... previously Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Cassi

My favorite sandwich meat is Pastrami.  My mom was really into it and I guess I have some of her tastes.

Bacon of course is a fav.

The other day I began experimenting with foods using the crock pot.  I took a couple packs of Mushroom gravy, mushroom soup and crocked some steak.  Finished the last of it earlier today - the juice was delightful.

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Cassi on March 12, 2018, 12:17:21 AM
My favorite sandwich meat is Pastrami.  My mom was really into it and I guess I have some of her tastes.

The other day I began experimenting with foods using the crock pot.  I took a couple packs of Mushroom gravy, mushroom soup and crocked some steak.  Finished the last of it earlier today - the juice was delightful.

Cassi:  Crock Pots and Slow Cookers are wonderful.  I use them all the time... I prepare something in the morning before I go to work, set the Crock Pot on Low and when I come home the Crock Pot has my meal hot and ready for dinner.
Appie  ..... aka Danielle, Aspiringperson

•  

MollyPants

I love tarka dhal. It's just tastes so nourishing. And nearly all Indian food :)

I'm also a huge fan of
Steak tartare
Chocolate mousse
Belgian buns
Taleggio cheese
Freshly baked bread with butter
Picallili
Pickle
Beef steak tomatoes

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

MollyPants

I love pastrami sandwiches!!

•  

Julia1996

Steak.
Pizza.
Sushi.
Salad.
Mushrooms.
Pickles.
Seaweed chips.
Spinach.
Squash.
Spaghetti.
Lasagna.
Cheese.
Tofu.
Hummus .
Pineapple.
Soda water.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 12, 2018, 06:03:13 AM
Steak.
Pizza.
Sushi.
Salad.
Mushrooms.
Pickles.
Seaweed chips.
Spinach.
Squash.
Spaghetti.
Lasagna.
Cheese.
Tofu.
Hummus .
Pineapple.
Soda water.

Okay Sweetie,  we know this list isn't right!  Not one mention of   C H O C O L A T E !!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on March 12, 2018, 05:34:33 AM
I love pastrami sandwiches!!

With Mayo for me :)

Was in Chicago once wasting time until my flight was close to beginning.  Found a Subway Food place and ordered a pastrami sandwich - They didn't have it.

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Cassi on March 12, 2018, 11:23:19 AM
With Mayo for me :)

Was in Chicago once wasting time until my flight was close to beginning.  Found a Subway Food place and ordered a pastrami sandwich - They didn't have it.

@ Cassie:  I like pastrami too... that was a big deal in the L.A. area and in New England when I lived in those places....  a little greasy unless you get the good stuff.   

Subway sandwiches are just fine... I get lots of veggies on mine with either the cold-cuts or maybe turkey instead and then have it toasted.  Also since I lived in Connecticut for a few years (they called sub sandwiches "Grinders") the restaurants would just about throw you out of their place if you asked for mayo and/or mustard on the sandwich... their standard was oil and vinegar... which, to this day I always ask for that...  I like that.. you should try it some day if you have not already...   even though I LOVE Mayo on a lot of my other sandwiches and foods that I prepare ..... on Sub Sandwiches I always get the Oil and Vinegar.
Appy  aka: Danielle  previously Aspiringperson

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 12, 2018, 11:40:37 AM
@ Cassie:  I like pastrami too... that was a big deal in the L.A. area and in New England when I lived in those places....  a little greasy unless you get the good stuff.   

Subway sandwiches are just fine... I get lots of veggies on mine with either the cold-cuts or maybe turkey instead and then have it toasted.  Also since I lived in Connecticut for a few years (they called sub sandwiches "Grinders") the restaurants would just about throw you out of their place if you asked for mayo and/or mustard on the sandwich... their standard was oil and vinegar... which, to this day I always ask for that...  I like that.. you should try it some day if you have not already...   even though I LOVE Mayo on a lot of my other sandwiches and foods that I prepare on Sub Sandwiches I always get the Oil and Vinegar.
Appy  aka: Danielle  previously Aspiringperson

Whereabouts in LA?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Cassi on March 12, 2018, 11:41:54 AM
Whereabouts in LA?

It was in the far western part of the Valley....   Canoga Park, now West Hills.... I lived just a few blocks from the Ventura County Line and very near the Ventura Freeway (101)...  on Valley Circle Blvd.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 12, 2018, 11:44:49 AM
It was in the far western part of the Valley....   Canoga Park, now West Hills.... I lived just a few blocks from the Ventura County Line and very near the Ventura Freeway (101)...  on Valley Circle Blvd.

Cool!  A Valley Girl fer sure!

I was raised in North Long Beach.  Late wife had been born and raised in Lakewood so after marrying her, moved there and raised her daughter with her.  When she passed in 09' I had to get legal guardianship and continued raising our daughter and now she's raising me, lol.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

So much good food.  No miracle whip. 

Cool whip topping, okay.  Home made, even better!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Chill'n like a villan with da whip being cool!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 12, 2018, 01:17:24 PM
So much good food.  No miracle whip. 

Cool whip topping, okay.  Home made, even better!

@ Chrissy:    Yes, so much good food mentioned on this thread... of course not all of us like the same things, and that is good...  it would be a boring world if all of us liked and disliked the same things.

I happen to like Mayo and Miracle Whip both...  makes good salad dressings, essential  for many sandwiches and great for making Tartar Sauce and French Fry Sauce. ... also for mixing with canned tuna or chicken to make tuna or chicken salad sandwiches and salads.  Miracle Whip is a nice lower fat and lower calorie substitute.

Oh yeah, Cool Whip topping OK but I would rather make my own with Whipping Cream and a little sugar and a tiny amount of vanilla.....  mmm, mmm, good.
Danielle

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 12, 2018, 01:39:32 PM

@ Chrissy:    Yes, so much good food mentioned on this thread... of course not all of us like the same things, and that is good...  it would be a boring world if all of us liked and disliked the same things.

I happen to like Mayo and Miracle Whip both...  makes good salad dressings, essential  for many sandwiches and great for making Tartar Sauce and French Fry Sauce. ... also for mixing with canned tuna or chicken to make tuna or chicken salad sandwiches and salads.  Miracle Whip is a nice lower fat and lower calorie substitute.

Oh yeah, Cool Whip topping OK but I would rather make my own with Whipping Cream and a little sugar and a tiny amount of vanilla.....  mmm, mmm, good.
Danielle

I forgive you for liking Miracle Whip ::(
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 12, 2018, 01:39:32 PM

Danielle

Danielle,

You articulate as an accomplished chef would and your food pics are examples of enticing presentations.  I, for the most part, simply eat!

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 12, 2018, 01:50:05 PM

Danielle,

You articulate as an accomplished chef would and your food pics are examples of enticing presentations.  I, for the most part, simply eat!

Chrissy

Chrissy:  Oh, don't be fooled, I do indeed like to eat.... 
I like to cook and bake obviously so that is a win-win for me.
Danielle

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 12, 2018, 01:52:26 PM
Chrissy:  Oh, don't be fooled, I do indeed like to eat.... 
I like to cook and bake obviously so that is a win-win for me.
Danielle

That can save money and make for better food too!
  •  

Gertrude

You need to go to Katz' Deli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •