Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Passing dysphoria

Started by Utterly Confused, March 15, 2018, 06:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utterly Confused

Heya,

So I am a little concerned to start transitioning as I don't want to be in that awkward phase where I look like a really butch female.  I am at an all girls school doing my senior year and I want to start T as soon as I leave but I am worried that I won't pass for my first year of Uni.  I am still yet to cut my long hair and I have to wear a dress (uniform) which I hate but I am so scared to start and just not look how I want.

Does anyone have tips on how to get over these fears or personal experiences on how you went?

Thank you all

Dex
  •  

Oblivion

I think it's just a case of changing your mindset and the way you look at transitioning. Give yourself smaller goals to aim for that will make you feel good about yourself rather than worrying about what you're going to end up looking like. So you might start off with cutting your hair, changing your wardrobe,binding, getting some cologne. The small things that add up to improving self confidence and decreasing dysphoria. I joke about my butch lesbian phase and it's a lot easier to look back on it now but during the time I was pre-T and out and could do nothing about it for a year and a half I just made myself feel as masculine as I could and would do little things like get my hair cut regularly and buy a new shirt or something to reinforce validation if I needed it. It's definitely a difficult tiime but if you break it down it's more manageable and less anxiety inducing than thinking about the end result. I've been out for nearly 2 years and I'm still not where I want to be but at least I'm still moving forward on the right track. Have to keep positive and moving forward, mate.
  •  

mm

Utterly Confused,  Oblivion had some good ideas do small things and you see how they add up and you start to feel better about yourself.  Can you start T before the end of the school year so you will be so much better for starting Uni?  Uni is so much more accepting from my experience.
  •  

Kylo

Uni is generally full of people experimenting with style and other things, you should be fine there. The transition process takes some time for most people when it comes to passing. You have to accept there is only so much you can do and be patient, the rest has to happen biologically.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •