Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

For those of us Transitioning from Male to Female ; What is your height

Started by judithlynn, March 15, 2018, 10:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For those of us Transitioning from Male to Female ; What is your height without shoes

5'4"   64in   162.56cm or less
5'5"   65in   165.10cm
5'6"   66in   167.74cm
5'7"   67in   170.18cm
5'8"   68in   172.72cm
5'9"   69in   175.26cm
5'10"   70in   177.80cm
5'11"   71in   180.34cm
6'0"   72in   182.88cm
6'1"   73in   185.45cm
6'2"   74in   187.96cm
6'3"   75in   190.50cm or greater

kitchentablepotpourri

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 16, 2018, 11:34:45 AM
I can't speak for the OP, since I am not them.

My purpose is a combination of curiosity, and to help me in understanding the body shapes and wardrobe issues out there.  I've worked with a number of women on wardrobe and styling, and having a better understanding of sizing, associated measurements, and issues we run across helps me to pick better starting points for the folks I've worked with.

I've also used some of the numbers to help educate trans-friendly shop owners and customer service folks in selecting the right outfits for trans customers; basics like things to avoid, styling decisions to work best with common body shapes, and so on.

Yes, it is possible to look very good in spite of the different body proportions and height many of us have.

Oh, I'm 5'7".   I lost an inch plus, somewhere in the past several years.  If someone finds it, please just donate it to a good cause.
Cis women come in different shapes and sizes, so most trans women can easily find clothes and shoes to fit them: and there is already a lot of advice for Cis women to help them choose clothing styles that best suit their particular body shape, and the same advice applies to trans women.

And some department stores offer personal shoppers as a complimentary service, and they will help pick out clothes to you create your best looks, and advise you on which styles look best on you.

Are you a personal shopper?
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Thadrea on March 16, 2018, 10:05:07 AM
I am 5'4"; was this height when I started HRT, never got any taller.
Hi, Thadrea!

I see that you are new here, so I just want to take a moment to welcome you to Susan's.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled poll.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

amberwaves

5'10" though I'm wondering if I shrank a little.  I'll have to get a new measurement soon.
  •  

Cassi

I use to be 5' 10" but someone; ogre, fairy, or leprechaun stole 2 1/2 inches :(
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

smart_michelle

Hi - I'm 5'2'' and a bit!

If I wear heels I have a slightly better outcome when reaching for items on high shelves in supermarkets!

But my height is a great advantage for passing in public though!

Michelle
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: smart_michelle on March 16, 2018, 03:02:40 PM
Hi - I'm 5'2'' and a bit!

If I wear heels I have a slightly better outcome when reaching for items on high shelves in supermarkets!

But my height is a great advantage for passing in public though!

Michelle

If I was 5' 2" I'd be ducking not passing :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

big kim

I stopped growing at 15, was 6'3" but am now 6' 1 & 1/2". Not sure if its 28 years HRT or age (61 in October)
  •  

Hannah Samira

I've voted for 5'10" but the reality is I'm somewhere between 5'9" and 6'0", just never properly measured myself. I have people around me who are clearly only about an inch taller than me claiming they're 6'3" and then people about a foot smaller than me claiming to be 5'4" so my whole idea is really skewed!!

As for you girls saying you're about 5'4"?? I am JEALOUS!!
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: kitchentablepotpourri on March 16, 2018, 12:23:28 PM
Are you a personal shopper?

;D

Not officially, but I've probably assisted over 30 transitioners with wardrobe selection and fitting.

It turns out that many just starting to come out as women at an older age are a bit shy about the retail environment and shopping, and would rather engage a member of their own community to assist them than a personal buyer in a store.

There are often budget limitations in starting a new wardrobe as well, and many of the shops that are more budget-friendly (consignment and thrift stores, remainder stores, etc) tend to not have much in the way of personal staff.

I've helped older transitioners with a number of things, such as selecting appropriate office apparel, dressing for special events, and age-appropriate wardrobe.  It can be a bit difficult for a 40+ person with their inner 15 year old coming out to shop appropriately and put together a good flexible wardrobe out of a few pieces (rather than the closets full of complete yet inappropriate outfits that don't support mix-and-match that I see too often).

Hmm. 🤔  I suppose you could call me a pro bono personal shopper! 😄

Meanwhile, back to our regularly scheduled thread...  I'm still 5'7"
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

jennie.ayana

•  

steph2.0

When they put my height on my drivers license back in the Cretaceous period I was 5'6". I was measured earlier this year at 5'5".

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Balerie

•  

GCHR88

My drivers license says 5'7",  I haven't measured myself in about a decade though.
  •  

TicTac

I am 5'7 but it seems so are most people here, which I find interesting.
  •  

I Am Jess

6'2" here but I'm usually standing 6'5" because I'm always in heels (unless I'm wearing tennis shoes).  I only own a couple of pairs of flats and I don't really like them.  I may only be 6'1".  Either that or my kids have all been going through growth spurts!   ;)
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: I Am Jess on March 29, 2018, 04:32:22 PM
6'2" here but I'm usually standing 6'5" because I'm always in heels (unless I'm wearing tennis shoes).  I only own a couple of pairs of flats and I don't really like them.  I may only be 6'1".  Either that or my kids have all been going through growth spurts!   ;)

And another reason you're my Super Hero, I look up to you!

Shorty (5'7" - somewhere I lost 3" in height) :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Zille

Quote from: kitchentablepotpourri on March 16, 2018, 10:40:50 AM
What is the purpose for all of these questions in regards to physical measurements of trans women; is the OP suggesting that if one is more petite then their transition is more valid than larger framed trans women?  I've seen very petite trans women (as well as intersexed) who are very unpassable, and very tall trans women who could be runway models, and vice versa. So these questions are pointless, unless it is an ego boost for the OP to compare her features to larger framed trans women, and somehow feel superior?

I would say without knowing, but from how I read these myself, that it's actually about acceptance.

I'm personally, 6'1 (185cm) and find it liberating to see all the different answers but especially that I'm not alone and others have possibly the same thoughts. Like our own "tall Amazonian princess" at 6'7, I find it so beautiful and encouraging.

It's not to shame anybody, but to help people with various dysphoria get past themselves.

But maybe the OP can shine more light on the thoughts behind this. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Rumples

Turn to page 137:
You enter the room, Rumples slowly turns to face you, tilts her head and let's out a slight smirk. Everything you were, are, and ever will be disintegrates into absolute nothingness.
Your adventure ends here.
  •