Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

AngryMoni's rant on hateful 'love'

Started by HappyMoni, March 18, 2018, 06:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

I was doing some Amazon browsing and stopped by the recommendation spot and totally lost my 'mellow.' There was a book about 'transgenderism' whatever that is. It turned out to be a religious explanation of how the Bible views being transgender. Oh, the proclaimed love for us was everywhere. Love, love, love! Of course,  that was followed by 'God created men and women' and we should stay as we are born. Acting on our feelings of dysphoria was us falling into sin. This drivel is written by people with no idea what it is like to be transgender. If you have read any of my posts, I think I come off as a pretty mellow gal, but this really steamed my blood. There are some good religious people out there who will read this garbage and it will mess them up, convince them maybe that pursuing our true paths is a bad thing. They can take their 'love' and sanctimony and go soak  their heads. I say that with 'love' of course.
AngryMoni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Jessica

The only thing I can say is that some branches of Christianity seem to have veered off from the true meaning of love, acceptance and forgiveness of Christ's message, to mean if you don't agree with me, you are a sinner and must change or be damned.
I do believe they are a minority, and that most Christians follow their heart, which reflects the teachings of their faith.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Deborah

How is what they are saying a deviation from their faith when in the very first thing written after Christ's death it says,

1 Cor 6:9-10, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (RSV2-CE)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Deborah on March 18, 2018, 08:02:17 PM
How is what they are saying a deviation from their faith when in the very first thing written after Christ's death it says,

1 Cor 6:9-10, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (RSV2-CE)

dive into the different translations of the original text and, depending on who does the translating, it changes the meaning of the entire verse .. and not just that one.

Just thought I'd point that out.

My biggest problem with the bible is that MEN translated it based on their opinion and culture of the time. My belief is that most of the translated bible does not mean what it originally did or what most people think it does.

I have no desire to get into any type of discourse so I won't be back in this thread. I know what I believe, that's enough for me.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donna

I agree there is major hypocrisy and that why I left the church's and never get into religious debates. My blood boils every time and I don't like that.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

HappyMoni

Just for clarification, I am an atheist and I posted this on the atheist thread. In my life I try not to disrespect anyone unless they are hurtful. In my opinion, people who preach that my being a sinner for being trans is ridiculous and I give them no credibility. I can do without their 'love.' When the 16 year old or the person who is just trying to make it through life with awful dysphoria are exposed to these beliefs, that to me is downright mean and I have no respect for that. I don't care how  old the book is that they read from, in my opinion, they are being harmful to others. I have no use for any god who would create me as trans and then condemn me for it. Well, that isn't really my point. I don't want fellow trans people hurt in the name of religion, social grouping, tradition or any other institution. We have a hard enough road. I generally respect people who follow their beliefs, I really do. It doesn't mean I respect their beliefs.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Donna

I'm waiting to bump into my parking stall neighbor. She is very religious ( her right) but it will be interesting to get her take on me now.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Deborah on March 18, 2018, 08:02:17 PM

@Deborah
I was raised in the church only in my young years.  I never studied the Bible, aside from Sunday School. So I apologize for my ignorant comment.  What I got from church was "love thy neighbor" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".  I don't see love in that book about transgenderism that Moni was referring to.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Deborah

Quote from: Jessica on March 18, 2018, 08:51:56 PM
@Deborah
I was raised in the church only in my young years.  I never studied the Bible, aside from Sunday School. So I apologize for my ignorant comment.  What I got from church was "love thy neighbor" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".  I don't see love in that book about transgenderism that Moni was referring to.
The problem with the New Testament is that it is incoherent in defining a specific belief or set of beliefs.  It says different things in different books that were written at different times by largely unknown authors who had never known Jesus themselves. 

So what you were taught was correct. 

What the other people who don't like us are saying is also correct. 

The scriptures can mean nearly anything you want them to mean by reading passages in isolation which is really the only way to make any sense of it at all.  It cannot be read as a whole without devolving into a mass of confusion.  If this were not so then there would be one United Church instead of the multitude that actually are.

My point is that we cannot convince them with words because they have words on their side.  They have Jesus' own actions on their side in choosing to be rude and confrontational.  They have Jesus' words on their side in cursing those who don't agree with him.  We have Jesus' words and actions supporting us too.  So it always devolves to my Jesus is better than your Jesus just as in the larger scheme it's always been my God is better than your God.

It has never been any different than that.  They are simply behaving as Christians have always behaved; just ask the Albigensians.  Unless you can convince them that the Bible is not in any way the inspired word of God then conversation is fruitless. 

The only solution to stopping their deliberate harm of us lies in the ballot box in November by taking that strain of Christianity out of power.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

AnneK

Quotedive into the different translations of the original text and, depending on who does the translating, it changes the meaning of the entire verse .. and not just that one.

Therein lies the problem.  No matter which version you get, someone considers it to be the absolute word of god.  They can't all be right, but they certainly all be wrong.  However, some are definitely worse than others.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •