Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Stevi's Saga

Started by Stevi, March 19, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevi

My wife and I went on a vacation trip of about ten days that ended yesterday.  After a 12 hour trip home yesterday I collected the mail from the overstuffed mail box.  Almost lost among the Woman Within and Roman's catalogettes I found letters from Social Security, NC DMV, my bank and my insurance company  I now have a Social Security card, a driver's license/real ID, a debit card, insurance policies correct name.  Bonus- the driver's license has an F on it, Too.  The wife said she thought I deserved better than an F.  I said it is closer to an A than that M ever was.

Most every thing is changed.  I have to see about several property titles.  I have to do my Discover credit card.  I was away from home and did not want to take a chance on getting that mucked up while I was somewhere they would not send me a new card.  Then there is tht Medicare business I related above.  I think it is likely OK but I'll check on that after this Memorial Day has come and gone.

I have done my part on the birth certificate.  That should be coming any day now.  The passport application is in the works, as well, I know because they cashed my check,  They say it could take four to six week weeks for my new book to arrive.  It hasn't been two weeks, yet.

Progress!

My next steps will be contacting the gym and beginning total unabashed 24/7 around the town.  I am not really hiding right now.  I went to the post office in the full femme attire I traveled home in yesterday.  Just the gym locker room and the a distinctly feminine suit in the pool.  For years now I have been wearing a pair of women' gym short and a women's top that was not to distinct.  More recently I have had to upgrade to a top with a bralette in it because of the girls wanting to show off in the cold water.

Simultaneously, I will announce to my and my wife's family.  They are all scattered around the country.  none of them live close by.  It will be an email broadcast for most all of them.  I have one brother that is not internet connected and my wife's two remaining sisters ate not either.  I will need to send them snail mail, I guess.

That is the state of Stevi's Saga as of this moment.   Time to get off to church.  I am trying the local UU to try to make meaningful accepting connections in my life.  Got to go.

Stevi
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Stevi on May 27, 2018, 08:15:59 AM
My wife and I went on a vacation trip of about ten days that ended yesterday.  After a 12 hour trip home yesterday I collected the mail from the overstuffed mail box.  Almost lost among the Woman Within and Roman's catalogettes I found letters from Social Security, NC DMV, my bank and my insurance company  I now have a Social Security card, a driver's license/real ID, a debit card, insurance policies correct name.  Bonus- the driver's license has an F on it, Too.  The wife said she thought I deserved better than an F.  I said it is closer to an A than that M ever was.

Stevi,

That's great news having your correct Name and gender marker now. I will take a "F" any day. I just cant wait until I get this far in my transition. Congrats.

Hugs,
         Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Stevi

Chelsea,

You are moving along.  Your successes and milestones are coming.  There are ups and downs, advances and setbacks. In the end, it will add up to progress for you.

My awakening was late in life and very slow when it started.  For a long time I tried to find some middle ground. Each step has been timid and tentative until about a year ago.  It was then that I sought out a therapist.  She wanted a short bio of my gender struggles sent to her before my first session with her.  When we sat down face to face, after some pleasantries and getting comfortable with her, based on my bio, she asked me how far I wanted go with my transition (surgeries and such).  There was no question on her part that transition, in some form, was in my future.  I had been vacillating and doubting and questioning and trying half measures for the previous nine years.  I had to try all that to know that it wasn't ever going to work.  Things have been moving along much more quickly as of late.  The goal is determined.  My wife has committed to that goal with me.  Things are happening for me/us, now.  It is great!

Hugs to you, too.
Stevi
  •  

HappyMoni

Stevi,
   So happy for all your progress. I know that that makes you feel better. My partner used to go to UU and it was very welcoming. I have a church allergy or I would consider going myself. I will be visiting your neck of the woods next month for my 'neither hair nor there hair repair' in Charlotte. I'll wave to ya.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Stevi

Moni,

I understand the root of your church allergy.  I have one, too.  Mine is a bit harder to account for.  I am a Christian but I haven't found any congregation that doesn't consider me a heretic in the extreme. Not likely to, either.  I am a religious sect of one. At least the UU's accept one and all, regardless your faith(less) tradition.  It is a place to interact with kind and thoughtful people.  That is what I am looking for with them. I know what I believe and why I believe it.  So, I don't need them or anyone else for that.

Stevi
  •  

Donna

That is so great. What's wonderful way to end a vacation than to find the mail box stuffed full of presents
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Stevi

Donna,

Yeah, the vacation was really good and the presents in the mail put a cherry on the top for me.

Stevi
  •  

Nicole70

Hi Stephanie,

I hope you are ok with that name, I saw on another post that was your chosen name, congratulations on getting your new documents, I hope to do that soon too. Glad you had a nice holiday, and were comfortable enough to be you. Best of luck with telling your families, I hope you find universal acceptance.

Hugs

Nicole
  •  

Stevi

I went for a swim this morning.  I used the men's locker room.  There are few members who use the pool when I am there and I rarely run into any men that are in either the locker room or the pool.  I, occasionally, share the pool with a woman or two,  This morning it was two.  They were done and gone when I got out after completing my mile.

After getting out of the pool I went into the men's locker room and stripped down.  The only private place to do that is inside one of the two shower stalls, behind the shower curtain.  Not a really spacious place to do that,  Since no one else was around I wrapped my self in a towel and went over to the locker to get dressed.  I did not put on a bra.  Too much chance of being caught doing that if someone did come in.  As I stood at the mirror to brush my hair I noted that I really do need to wear a bra.

I have peeked into the lady's locker room.  It is much nicer than the men's.  Newly remodeled by the looks of it.  A little more spacious in the showers but I think that is still the only truly private space to be fully naked in.  It is going to difficult to navigate this, I am afraid.  I currently arrive at the gym in my swim wear so that part of the routine need not change except for a prettier suit.  I don't know, yet, how to best handle the process on the way out.  While there are few people who use the pool at the times I do, the likelihood of crossing paths with someone in the lady's room is significant.  I will need to be completely private while disrobed.  Getting my street cloths from the locker section without tracking water all over then getting showered and dressed privately may be a challenge.

On the way out of the gym, I stopped by the front desk and asked Peggy how to contact the gym's manager.  Well, she informed me that she is the manager.  So, I opened up the conversation by asking if the gym had a transgender policy.  She said no, they do not.  I told her it is time for them to develop one and that I am transgender and I am completing my transition.  My new, legal, official name is now Stephanie and my gender is female.  I offered her time and assistance in getting their policy developed.  She will need to talk with the two owners.

She did not seem to be surprised or particularly uncomfortable.  Her comment was "That's the way things are, now."  From that, I don't know if she, personally, approves or disapproves.  Her personal views are only important to me is so far as they influence what they come up with policy-wise.  We are friendly to one another but not friends.  We have no interaction other than pleasantries while I am passing the front desk on the way in and out of the gym.

I will be out of town again for a little more than a week.  I give them that time and see what they have done when I get back to the gym again.

I need to contact Medicare again today to see if they are up to speed yet with the Social Security Administration's records.  While I was doing my laps, I remembered I need to get the proper documents to my employer so they can update their records.  Got to get that all together, too.

Things to do, people to see,
Stevi
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Stevi on May 27, 2018, 05:42:23 PM
Moni,

I understand the root of your church allergy.  I have one, too.  Mine is a bit harder to account for.  I am a Christian but I haven't found any congregation that doesn't consider me a heretic in the extreme. Not likely to, either.  I am a religious sect of one. At least the UU's accept one and all, regardless your faith(less) tradition.  It is a place to interact with kind and thoughtful people.  That is what I am looking for with them. I know what I believe and why I believe it.  So, I don't need them or anyone else for that.

Stevi
That's okay, I never understood why everyone  was supposed to believe the same anyway. Someone who sees things based on their own thought process is, in a word, refreshing.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Stevi

Just an update.

I checked with Medicare.  They said I need to be patient.  Not in so many words, but that was the jist.  If, after Social Social  has had 30 days to do what they need to do and Medicare still hasn't received the updates into their system, I need to get back to Social Security.  Be patient, Stevi.  But I am not!  Get out of my way people!  I've been waiting for, like, forever, so do it, already!

My wife and I arrived at our daughter's place on Wednesday.  I was in a summer dress when we got here and dressed down at my wife's instance and I am kinda OK with her reasoning.  Neither one of us wants to overwhelm our daughter.  What I ended up wearing was a pair of jeans and an oversized T-shirt.  I would rather have had on something a bit more expressive.  I did not do anything about trying to hide my peach gel finger nails, though.  My wife was worried about them. My daughter had to notice but did not comment or even indicate she cared one way or the other.

How is my daughter to "get used" to me being me if I am not really being me?  Yesterday, I was in work cloths  when my daughter got home from her work cause I was working on the moulding.  Today will likely be the same since I am still working and she is on her way home right now.

My wife is trying to protect our daughter from me to give her time to adjust.  I need for her to begin to deal with it.  My name has been changed and my name and gender marker are being distributed throughout the bureaucracies.  She needs to understand and begin to deal with these things.  We have a cruise, the three of us, scheduled for December.  Still a ways off but time flies whether you are having fun or not.  I fully intend to not have anything with me that is not distinctly my style and unequivocally feminine when I am on that trip.  I don't know how many times we will be together between now and then.  Sometime over this weekend, I need to discuss some of this with our daughter.  I need to know what is going on in her mind.

When we leave here, probably Monday morning, we plan to stop by Rock Hall, MD and see the last friend that ranks an in person reveal.  I am pretty sure she will be OK.  She is Catholic but I think she values kindness and mercy above strict doctrinal adherence.  I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Then there is one more trip to my wife's niece in male mode to fulfill my commitment to her.  When that is done, there will be a general coming out to one and all.  Our daughter needs to know that is in the near future as well so she can be prepared for what may show up from relatives on Facebook.

I am feeling really good about myself these days.  Last evening, though, I had a period of sadness mixed with anger.  I need to get this done but I am again in a bit of a holding pattern.  I know I need to wait here but it got to me last night.

I hope all of my friends here are getting along well.

Stevi
  •  

Donna

Best of luck with all that Stephanie. Hope it all goes well, I so understand the sheltering of the kids thing of the kids thing. They are way more understand than most give them credit for. My grand kids from my daughter all know and still love me.
Both of my wife's boys have refused to talk to the kids about me or let them meet me. It's a shame because as they get older it only makes it harder on them. By the time they finally meet me they may think I hate them.
It does suck
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Laurie

Hi Stevi,

Hun, I sincerely hope all goes well with your daughter accepting you as Stevi. Mine did not go well and it nearly killed me. Literally. I thought I was prepared for it if she didn't but I was so wrong. Family rejection hurts and hurts a lot. Throw that rejection on a person with existing low self esteem and self hate and it is a recipe for ... well ,lets just say it is not good. I listened to my friends and accepted trying an antidepressant when my therapist suggested it. I doubt I would be here now if I had not. My daughter and grand kids are lost to me now and it is still hurting a whole year later. Enough so that I fear stopping the medication.
  I do not mean to be a negative Nellie, but the hazard is there and I really hope you do not experience what I am. I hope you have all the support paths swept clean and ready for use if you need them. I am praying you won't.
   I hope things go well in MD with your friend too. Enjoy your time visiting family and friends.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Stevi

Laurie,

I remember well your episode with your daughter and the fallout that ensued.  I know its affect on you will linger for a long time.  Wish I had better news for you in that regard.  All of us have experiences that we desperately wish could be undone or in someway rectified that are not within our abilities to change.  We must push them aside, not allow them to demand our attention, and, instead, focus on the things in the present that can fill us with joys. 

I went through a similar thing with my younger daughter and feared the same was happening with her older sister.  I am fortunate that the older one is coming along and I am confident that, eventually, she will be OK with me.  So, I have no real fear that she will cast me aside.  For that, I count myself to be fortunate.  Still, it is difficult to hide/tone-down who I am while my daughter gets comfortable with who I really am.  I'll navigate this and all will be well.  I am confident in that.

Thanks for worrying,
Stevi
  •  

Stevi

Short and sweet.

Soon after arriving at our friend's place in Rock Hall, I broached the "subject."  I told our friend that I was transgender and that I was transitioning.  Her immediate question was, "You are still you, aren't you?"  We discussed a little of what transgender means in my case, in particular-  my struggles over my lifetime, my name change and more mundane things. Then it was to friendship as usual.

Later, when my wife and friend were alone, together, she asked my wife if she should make up another bedroom for me.  My wife said, "No way!"  My friend said, "Good!"

I was pretty sure this is how it would be received but there is always that nagging fear.  No need to worry.

Stevi
  •  

Chelsea

Stevi,
That is great news about your friend! I love that feeling of relief I get when my friends accept me. I'm always scared to death right before telling them.

Hugs,
   Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Stevi

Something funny,

My wife came in from the mail box yesterday.  She was laughing and said "Stephanie is real!"  I was somewhat perplexed.  All I could think of was that either my new passport ot birth certificate had arrived.  I was feeling  little miffed because I jumped to the conclusion she had opened my mail.  I wanted to be the one to open that particular piece of mail.  Well, she handed me the mail.  It was one of those deceptive pieces of junk mail that tries to look "official" and dupe you into buying auto repair insurance to "extend" your soon to expire warranty.  Evidently, my recent auto title name changes have triggered a rash of solicitations in Stephanie's new name.  This piece was the fourth one in three days. Stephanie is a part of the great mass of people from which businesses wish to separate money.

Something interesting,

I am working toward having cataract surgery in the near future.  Thursday, I kept my first appointment with my surgeon-to-be.  I walked up to the window to introduce myself and fill out the preliminary paperwork.  I am in the middle of getting my name and gender changed with the various bureaucracies.  Right now, Social Security and my NC driver's license are changed but Medicare and Humana are in the past, still.  I had no choice but to out myself.  Well, I started out by telling the woman behind the window that this is going to be a little different.  While standing there in a dress, jewelry and lippy, I gave her my deadname so she could find me in her appointment calendar and handed her my new driver's license.  She looked up at me and smiled.  Then she said.  "Yesterday, I finished reading 'Becoming Nicole.'"

(Becoming Nicole  The Transformation of an American Family---  The inspiring true story of a transgender girl, her identical twin brother, and an ordinary American family's extraordinary journey to understand, nurture, and celebrate the uniqueness in us all, from the Pulitzer Prize-winning science reporter for The Washington Post, Amy Ellis Nutt.)

Downer,

For a few days now I have been struggling, in spite of the couple of high points above.  I spoke with the gym manager, again, briefly, about the gym owner's as yet non-existent transgender policy.  No progress on that front, yet.  I don't really know how it will all work out yet.  The layout of the locker room is not going to make using it easy for me.  The management is likely going to resist accommodating me.  This not-so-little hurdle has gotten me thinking.  "What the *&*% am I doing.  As a non-op I have a feeling of being an impostor if I start using the women's facilities at the gym, in particular, and just living as Stephanie, in general.  To compound this feeling, while sitting in the surgeon's waiting room with my wife, we looked at photos from the last eight months or so.  I was in a number of them.  Only a few of them were of me as Stephanie.  Regardless, I was revolted by all of them.  I just can't see how I can get accepted into the world as a woman.  There is so much T damage to that face.  I have compromised with my wife in that I committed to doing a non-op transition.  I have been rethinking that commitment a little.   That doesn't fix the face but it does obviate the locker room issue by ridding me of that defining appendage.  I guess it is a matter that I am a bit unsettled right now.  I want a life where I am involved and accepted as a woman.  I am having doubts that is even remotely possible.

Stevi
  •  

Stevi

Happening Things ,

I got an email on Friday from the State Department.  They informed me I needed to submit a different, additional form to complete my paper work. the letter attached to the email was addresses to Stephanie and Ms Jones.  The issue was with the gender change.  I made an appointment via the web appointment scheduler for this morning at 11 am.  This form needs in person interaction.  The young lady in the passport office remembered me from my previous visit (I wonder why?) and we had a pleasant time dealing with the snafu.  Hopefully that is taken care of except for a little more waiting.

Called Discover today to change my name in their records and get a new card sent.  Discover is my primary credit card.  We are leaving for a trip to my wife's niece's place in a couple days and I wanted to get the card ASAP.  The cheerful young lady (from the sound of her voice) I got became even more cheery when I told her that I wanted to get a new card sent to me because my name wasn't Stephen anymore, but now, Stephanie.  She seemed so happy for me.  She took good care of me and I thanked her profusely.  A really pleasant and simple interaction.  Should have the new card in 1-2 business days.

Stevi

•  

Stevi

Been out of touch for a while.  We are in the midst of another renovation period for my wife's niece.  Busy as heck and not very well connected to the outside world.  I hope all the girls and guys I have been following along with their journeys are doing well.  Some of you were in bad times the last I was here and I really hope things have turned around for each of you. I hope the rest of you Have had lots of good things come your way.

I don't have time to check on all of you and I am so far behind.  I have been thinking of you all.

Stevi
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Stevi on June 21, 2018, 12:58:32 PM
Been out of touch for a while.  We are in the midst of another renovation period for my wife's niece.  Busy as heck and not very well connected to the outside world.  I hope all the girls and guys I have been following along with their journeys are doing well.  Some of you were in bad times the last I was here and I really hope things have turned around for each of you. I hope the rest of you Have had lots of good things come your way.

I don't have time to check on all of you and I am so far behind.  I have been thinking of you all.

Stevi

@Stevi:
Dear Stevi:  Thank you for checking in on your thread.   
Hey girl, I always say: "Busy people are happy people."   If one is busy, they do not have a lot of extra time to wallow in their sadness.
Here on the Forums, in your absence, life has been going on as it usually does.  Members are posting good news, sad news, happy posts and not so happy posts.   When you get a chance to catch up you will find all the things that keep us all coming back to the Susan's Place Forums.
Don't work too hard at your wife's niece's renovation project.....  you need some time for yourself eventually.

I'll be looking for your thread updates as you feel free to post them.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •