Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Stevi's Saga

Started by Stevi, March 19, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paige

Hi Stevi,

You probably know this but if you comment in a thread you want to follow, it will show up when updated in the "Show new replies to your posts" at the top of the screen.

If that doesn't work for you could try the  "Recent Topics" link.

Take care,
Paige :)
  •  

Stevi

On the Fitness Center Fight Front Line,

I put together my letter to the owner of the fitness center who canceled my membership rather than talk things over with me.  I had a number of objectives in mind while writing it.  Maybe foremost was to get it all in written form. I gave him pertinent information about me and my needs and asked that he reconsider.  I pressed the point that I believe he violated the terms of our membership agreement.  I offered to work with him to resolve the matter amicably.  I, also, let him know that I had adversarial options that I would resort to if in a two week period he did not establish a good faith dialog with me.  I think I was conciliatory but, I, also, let him know I am not playing games, either.

I sent the letter out by first class certified mail.  It should complete its journey, practically across the street from the post office, in two days time.  His clock should start ticking on Wednesday.

Stevi
  •  

Nicole70

Quote from: Stevi on July 16, 2018, 08:12:38 AM
Hey girls and guys,

I need some help.  There are so many of you running threads to chronicle you journeys.  I think it is great and I am trying desperately to keep tabs on all of you.  The various threads are scattered over several forms and sub-forums.  Sometimes the forum activity is so fast and furious that your thread is pushed down the list to where I don't readily find it.  Or, I might not get a chance to look at all the forums where my favorite people are doing their journaling in the time available.  Is there any method you can recommend to make it easier to know when there has been a reply that freshens up the threads I am trying to follow closely?

What a problem to have.  Too, many friends to keep track of.

Stevi

Hi Stevi,

Not sure if you use or like to use a smartphone, or have a tablet device, I use Tapatalk, you can follow posts, or if you have replied to a post then you get a list of posts that have updated, it also lists post you have not yet read.

Nicole
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Stevi on July 16, 2018, 08:12:38 AM
Hey girls and guys,

I need some help.  There are so many of you running threads to chronicle you journeys.  I think it is great and I am trying desperately to keep tabs on all of you.  The various threads are scattered over several forms and sub-forums.  Sometimes the forum activity is so fast and furious that your thread is pushed down the list to where I don't readily find it.  Or, I might not get a chance to look at all the forums where my favorite people are doing their journaling in the time available.  Is there any method you can recommend to make it easier to know when there has been a reply that freshens up the threads I am trying to follow closely?

What a problem to have.  Too, many friends to keep track of.

Stevi

@Stevie
I "Bookmark" the member's threads that I follow closely so I can easily find them even if they are not on the Recent Topics list. 
Some days there are lots of postings happening and stuff gets booted off of the Recent Topics list within a few hours sometimes. 
So, try the "My Bookmark" list, I think you will be happy with how that works for you.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Stevi on July 16, 2018, 03:29:37 PM
On the Fitness Center Fight Front Line,

I put together my letter to the owner of the fitness center who canceled my membership rather than talk things over with me.  I had a number of objectives in mind while writing it.  Maybe foremost was to get it all in written form. I gave him pertinent information about me and my needs and asked that he reconsider.  I pressed the point that I believe he violated the terms of our membership agreement.  I offered to work with him to resolve the matter amicably.  I, also, let him know that I had adversarial options that I would resort to if in a two week period he did not establish a good faith dialog with me.  I think I was conciliatory but, I, also, let him know I am not playing games, either.

I sent the letter out by first class certified mail.  It should complete its journey, practically across the street from the post office, in two days time.  His clock should start ticking on Wednesday.

Stevi

@Stevi:   All the proper moves for sure... starts out nice and ends up being firm without being overtly threatening.  Nicely done.
Please be sure to keep us all updated about the future events with this. 

Thank you for posting this...
Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Laurie

Hi Stevi,

I have read the sagas contained herein of the less than satisfactory escapades with both Medicare and the fitness center. You are one determined lady! I don't go to a fitness center (wouldn't know what to do if I did) but I do hope you eventually get an adequate solution to the issue. As for the medicare gender correction venture you have me wondering now. I had thought my experience at the local SSA office was a painless experience in taking care of both Medicare and SSA. But now you have me wondering about the gender designation. I have not used either new cards yet so I do not know if it is right or not. I guess I will have to look at that online site you spoke of.
  Congrats on the coming out letters and good luck with the rest of the responses. I hope your luck is way better than mine was. But hey, life happens and sometimes we loose. Sometimes we win. Keep the faith and your resolve.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Stevi

Paige, Nicole, Danielle,

Thank you for the pointers about better navigation of the forums.  I add them to the mix and see what I can do to keep better tabs on all of you.  I have the impression that there are many more of us to keep tabs on than there used to be.  Maybe, I am just more interested.

Danielle,

I don't really expect the fitness center owner will respond well.  But, who know, I might be wrong.  It is important to me to do this the right way which happens to be the easy way.  Will he smart or obstinate?

Laurie,

The gender and name issue is such a bear.  I have been involved, lately, with more than my usual number of health care provider interaction.  I have been fortunate in that I have not had a lot of need for them most of my life.  Now that I am customizing some of the original equipment while trying to keep the badly worn systems functioning, I have needed to call on them more than I used to.  Right in the middle of trying to get my documents corrected.  At some point I expect my insurance carrier to finally get with the program and start denying payments for that Stephen fellow I have been needing to drag to the doctors with me.  That will just be the icing on this cake.

One and all,

An update on the coming out letter.  Other than the one sister who already knew, not one peep from anyone.  Still early and I know there is a lot to take in.  Maybe, I should start checking death notices around the country.  There may have been a recent spike in the death rate from EHS (Exploding Head Syndrome). 

Seriously, I am trying to keep it all in perspective, but I am starting to get worried. 1 for 7 makes for a really bad batting average.

Stevi.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Stevi on July 16, 2018, 06:38:15 PM

An update on the coming out letter.  Other than the one sister who already knew, not one peep from anyone.  Still early and I know there is a lot to take in.  Maybe, I should start checking death notices around the country.  There may have been a recent spike in the death rate from EHS (Exploding Head Syndrome). 

Seriously, I am trying to keep it all in perspective, but I am starting to get worried. 1 for 7 makes for a really bad batting average.

Stevi.

I counted your sister and the long time friend you taught to sail.  That is 2 my friend. Some you will not hear back from and other need time to assess things. Hang in there, all is not lost yet.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Nicole70

Quote from: Stevi on July 16, 2018, 06:38:15 PM
Maybe, I should start checking death notices around the country.  There may have been a recent spike in the death rate from EHS (Exploding Head Syndrome). 

[emoji23] so funny, I'm glad you are keeping your humour, let's hope in time they all come round.

Hugs

Nicole
  •  

Stevi

Laurie,

I was focusing on my siblings with the reference of 1 for 7.  You are right to point out the brighter picture which is-  Of those important people I have told and I wish to carry forward with me into my new life, which totals 19, 8 have come with me.  Of the remaining 11, siblings and their spouses, none have, as yet, refused to come along.

Felt like a SLAP to me.  Thanks, my friend.

Stevi
  •  

Stevi

Danielle,

Thanks for the tip.  A little tweaking of the display order of the replies so last in is first out and I now have a folder, "Susan's Gang", among my bookmarks with my own Saga and 13 of my favorite sister's escapade journals at the ready.  Humm. 13?  That will not do.  Oh, I forgot Laurie's better half.  That will fix it.  Make that 14 sister's.  There are more, for sure.  Just have to track them all down one more time and drop them into my folder.  Loose the hounds, the hunt is on.

Stevi
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Stevi on July 16, 2018, 07:59:42 PM

Felt like a SLAP to me.  Thanks, my friend.

Stevi

If you feel you need that slap I can oblige you. I can probably get my Aussie protege to do it too...

No, not a slap, just a hug,
  Laurie

•  

Stevi

Herding the Bureaucrats.  Looked at my health insurance related web sites.   No gender changes yet.  That is no surprise.  They have made a half-hearted attempt at changing the name.  Most places it is still Stephen.  A couple of places, like my printable ID card and some health services discount cards that I can print out, it is Stephan.  Now, where did they get that?

Spoke with a very pleasant young lady who had to consult someone higher up, I suppose.  She could fix the name but the gender is still waiting for SSA and Medicare to get their act together.  She proposed 45 to 90 days for the rate of flow for the information from SSA to Medicare to them.  She says I should have a new card with the correct name in hand in about ten days.  Let me think, where have I heard something like that before?

If I have a Medicare and a health insurance card with my correct name and no gender info I will be fine until my PCP wants to setup a mammogram.  I have an appointment with her the end of next month so that may be sooner than you might think.  I have been seeing her for a number of years and I was open with her about my breast development and my welcoming attitude toward it from the beginning.  I am well developed enough and they have been around long enough that she may begin to think it is prudent.

:eusa_wall:
Stevi :icon_crazy:
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Stevi
Dear Stevi:  Ahh, yes, the government bureaucrats.... they do things their way and we can't do anything about it.
I went to get a vehicle title changed and I rushed over there at 8:30AM thinking that they would be open.... WRONG....  the door is locked with a sign that says that they open at 9:30AM.... through the glass door window I could see 4 employees in there sipping coffee and chatting away with each other... what is up with that?  I decided to stay there and wait as the line grew longer....  in the meantime my business is closed because I am not there.
I am running my own business as you know....  I have posted hours on my office door but if I am there working before or after hours as I almost always do, my door is open and my "open" sign is displayed... no way, as long as I am in my office, can I afford to turn away clients...
... but I guess that the Motor Vehicle department has a monopoly on their business so the public is at their mercy.

This is the way it is, the way it has always been, and the way it will always be....   I guess we just have to grin and go with the flow as best we can.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Stevi on July 17, 2018, 10:41:50 AM
Herding the Bureaucrats.  Looked at my health insurance related web sites.   No gender changes yet.  That is no surprise.  They have made a half-hearted attempt at changing the name.  Most places it is still Stephen.  A couple of places, like my printable ID card and some health services discount cards that I can print out, it is Stephan.  Now, where did they get that?

Spoke with a very pleasant young lady who had to consult someone higher up, I suppose.  She could fix the name but the gender is still waiting for SSA and Medicare to get their act together.  She proposed 45 to 90 days for the rate of flow for the information from SSA to Medicare to them.  She says I should have a new card in hand in about ten days.  Let me see, where have I heard something like that before?

If I have a Medicare and a health insurance card with my correct name and no gender info I will be fine until my PCP wants to setup a mammogram.  I have an appointment with her the end of next month so that may be sooner than you might think.  I have been seeing her for a number of years and I was open with her about my breast development and my welcoming attitude toward it from the beginning.  I am well developed enough and they have been around long enough that she may begin to think it is prudent.

•  

Donna

Spoke with a very pleasant young lady who had to consult someone higher up, I suppose.  She could fix the name but the gender is still waiting for SSA and Medicare to get their act together.  She proposed 45 to 90 days for the rate of flow for the information from SSA to Medicare to them.  She says I should have a new card with the correct name in hand in about ten days.  Let me think, where have I heard something like that before?

So crazy making for sure Stevi. I received my new health care card about two weeks ago and it was all good and then this past Friday I received another letter. Seem I'm now included in the provinces cervical cancer screening program and have to book my Pap smear. They do make me shake my head some days. My other insurance changed all the names and charts and then sent the confirmation letter to "Mr Donna B"
Got to love it. I hope all goes well with your family and the rest of your coming out
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Paige

Hi Stevi,

I wonder about the necessity of mammograms.  You may be the age where cis-women normally get mammograms but your breasts are considerably younger than theirs.  I wonder if there's any science that actually backs up this type of screening on transgender individuals and are there any studies that suggest older transgender women especially late-transitioners are prone to breast cancer?

Just curious, have a nice day.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Paige on July 17, 2018, 03:13:24 PM
Hi Stevi,

I wonder about the necessity of mammograms.  You may be the age where cis-women normally get mammograms but your breasts are considerably younger than theirs.  I wonder if there's any science that actually backs up this type of screening on transgender individuals and are there any studies that suggest older transgender women especially late-transitioners are prone to breast cancer?

Just curious, have a nice day.

@Paige  @Stevi
Dear Paige and Stevi:
For your information, I have already had 2 breast exams and then a Mammogram early this year. 
I have full B or a C cup and my doctor felt that a Mammogram would be in order since I have been on HRT for over 3 1/2 years.   The good news is that the exams and the mammogram results were good.
I guess that this is kind of a right of passage for a transwoman.

I discovered that some cis-women call a Mammogram a "titty-squisher"  ....  for good reason I found out!!!!

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Stevi

Paige,

What I quipped about a mammogram was a little bit of tongue-in-cheek.  I expect that I will need to out myself more times even though I have Medicare and insurance card in my name, if/when the doctor sends me off to a new set of people that will look at me funny 'cause there is an M down in the record system somewhere.

But Danielle is right.  The cells that began to multiply to make the new breast tissue are not first generation.  They are distant descendants of the originals.  That makes them subject to some copying errors.  Then there is just the possibility that something goes astray.  Maybe not quite as high a risk as a cis-woman but a significant risk nonetheless.

Besides, cis-men get breast cancer, too, on occasion.

Stevi
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 17, 2018, 10:52:03 AM
Ahh, yes, the government bureaucrats.... they do things their way and we can't do anything about it.
I sometimes thing there are three sure things in life. Death, taxes and employment when you have a government job!  ;D
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Stevi

Yesterday, afternoon I got my first reply to my sibling coming out letter.  It was an email from my younger brother's wife.  She opened the email addressing me as Stevi and admitted it felt strange to do so.  But, she wanted to be as supportive as she could.  She told me she had been active in an LGBT church and was well acquainted with our struggles.  She had seen the improvements in people's lives when they had come to terms with themselves and began to live openly in accord their reality.  She expressed hope that I would have the same outcome.

My sister-in-law relayed my brother's take.  She told me he said he would not condemn anyone for how they choose to live their lives, but he was struggling with how to workout our relationship, going forward.  He had expressed to her that, looking back, it was not all that surprising of a development.

I profusely thanked my sister-in-law for her acceptance and hopes.  I told her to let my brother know that I would give him time and space to work it out.  And, he was welcome to call on me any time about this matter or anything else.

This is pretty much what I expected from the two of them.  I'll take it!

Stevi
  •