News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Stevi's Saga

Started by Stevi, March 19, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Stevi on September 21, 2018, 02:17:49 PM
I am checking in.  We arrived home on Wednesday afternoon.  Power was on.  The house itself is in good shape.  Roof undamaged.  The water level around and under the house was an historic high. eight inches above that of Irene.  Even at that level it did not reach the floor joists.  I did loose the washer, dryer and freezer in the utility room.  In the grand scheme of things, we made out well.

I have no cable or internet access at home so I need to visit the McDonalds in town. 

Stevi

Uh huh. The only reason I go to McD's is for the internet access, too. The Double Quarter Pounders have nothing to do with it.

Seriously, I'm glad you didn't have serious damage!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Stevi on September 21, 2018, 02:17:49 PM
I am checking in.  We arrived home on Wednesday afternoon.  Power was on.  The house itself is in good shape.  Roof undamaged.  The water level around and under the house was an historic high. eight inches above that of Irene.  Even at that level it did not reach the floor joists.  I did loose the washer, dryer and freezer in the utility room.  In the grand scheme of things, we made out well.

I have no cable or internet access at home so I need to visit the McDonalds in town. 

Stevi

@Stevi
Dear Stevi:
  I think that you should count your blessings.... the appliances you lost in the utility room are easily replaced compared to what could have happened to your home....

... hey, the good news is that you mowed your lawn before you evacuated to you daughter's place.  I am still chuckling about that when you mentioned it one of your previous post replies.

Most of us have watched the NEWS and seen pictures and descriptions of the widespread and severe damage the storm caused.... again, you can count your blessings.

Thanks for posting this good news,....  all of your followers are happy for you.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 21, 2018, 02:22:53 PM
Uh huh. The only reason I go to McD's is for the internet access, too. The Double Quarter Pounders have nothing to do with it.

Seriously, I'm glad you didn't have serious damage!

Stephanie

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:  I have to stay away from fast food.... the Double Quarter Pounders are indeed good but it seems that the Half-pound of hamburger meat and all the other things that go in it can make my bathroom scales act up and show that I gained more weight than what the burger weighed!!!   Go figure!!

... and yes indeed @Stevi .... we are all very glad that you didn't have more serious damage.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 21, 2018, 02:32:00 PM
@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:  I have to stay away from fast food.... the Double Quarter Pounders are indeed good but it seems that the Half-pound of hamburger meat and all the other things that go in it can make my bathroom scales act up and show that I gained more weight than what the burger weighed!!!   Go figure!!

I was only joking...

...sorta. Very rarely I let myself indulge but once in a while it counts as comfort food! [emoji488] ❤️

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Stevi

After collecting a wheelbarrow full of pine tree branches, my lawn looks really great.  All the clipping were deposited in the back corner of my next door neighbor's lot.

I went for my walk this morning.  Huge piles of branches and marsh grass washed to the high water mark.  Along the river, I saw a home with the lawn littered with the rip rap rocks that used to line the river back out front  It would have been frightening to have stayed at home through it all.

The McD is only serving via the drive-thru.  I had a large milkshake to "pay" for my internet access.

I am off to the grocery now.  Take care all.

Stevi
  •  

Nicole70

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad your home was relatively untouched, I can't imagine how stressful it must have been not knowing how your house has faired, I know at the end of the day it's just bricks and mortar, but at the same time it's home.

Hope you get your internet reconnected soon, take care.

Nicole
  •  

Donica

Dear Stevi! I'm so glad it wasn't any worse than you first thought. Home sweet home. There's nothing like being back at your own home. I hope it doesn't take them too long to restore the internet. It's been years since I've been inside a fast food restaurant. It's not the McD burgers that hook me. It's the fries. Extra large please!

Welcome home hugs!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Laurie

Hi Stevi,

I was glad to hear you are back home and that things could have been a lot worse than they are. I hope you are back to normal operation soon.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

randim

Hi Stevi,

Glad you weathered the storm relatively well.  New Bern was on the news a lot.  Looks like it got hit pretty hard in general.
  •  

Stevi

Internet service restored.  I have an insurance adjuster due this afternoon to look at the inundated appliances and under the house at the ductwork.  The water level did reach high enough to compromise the insulation on it and likely hasten the corrosion of the metal pipe.  I probably should replace it on principle.  It is original to the house and I have already done some patch work this past spring.  Maybe the insurance will help a little after the deductible.   A new washer and dryer are on order and scheduled for delivery next Thursday.

Also, on next Thursday's agenda is a phone conversation with my lawyer about the legal action against the owner of the fitness center.  I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you all for your concern for us and how we made out.  We have been inconvenienced by Florence.  So many others have been so severely impacted.  Do what you can for them.  We are fine.

Stevi
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Stevi on September 27, 2018, 06:54:57 AM
Internet service restored.  I have an insurance adjuster due this afternoon to look at the inundated appliances and under the house at the ductwork.  The water level did reach high enough to compromise the insulation on it and likely hasten the corrosion of the metal pipe.  I probably should replace it on principle.  It is original to the house and I have already done some patch work this past spring.  Maybe the insurance will help a little after the deductible.   A new washer and dryer are on order and scheduled for delivery next Thursday.

Also, on next Thursday's agenda is a phone conversation with my lawyer about the legal action against the owner of the fitness center.  I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you all for your concern for us and how we made out.  We have been inconvenienced by Florence.  So many others have been so severely impacted.  Do what you can for them.  We are fine.

Stevi
@Stevi
Dear Stevi:
Thank you for your report and update letting your followers know that things are becoming OK with you and your home.
It is certainly wise of you to have your insurance company and getting the inspection for you areas of your home that may have water damage. ....  this is also quite obviously important for electrical and electronic appliances and devices.

Oh for sure, do continue keeping all of us updated.... and also please keep us updated regarding your legal actions regarding the fitness center.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

•  

Stevi

I recently had a general physical exam with my PCP.  She found that my prostate was not normal so she setup an exam by a urologist.  I had the exam done today.  I was treated respectfully by all of the staff.  I was properly gendered throughout the visit.  The doctor and I had a good laugh about me being his first female prostate exam. :laugh:  :laugh:  I could not very well hide my transness from him.  After he called a female chaperone into the room, I lifted my skirt when he asked. 

He admitted that he did not have much, none really, experience with prostates that had been on nearly zero T for as long as mine has been.   He was concerned enough that he recommended that he do a biopsy to be sure there is no cancer.  That has been scheduled.  Better safe than sorry.

The insurance adjuster came later in the day.  He could not include the washer, dryer or freezer in the damages since they are not part of the structure.  They are personal property.  I do think he was generous, otherwise.  He wrote up the ductwork, which was partially submerged, the water heater, an inspection of the AC/heat pump which was close to water level, just to be sure, and (the generous part) replacement of the insulation between the floor joists which "may" have incurred damage.  I am sure the floor insulation is fine.

I can begin work while I wait for the check.  There is a $2000 deductible but I can do most of the work myself so I am hoping the check covers the bulk of the materials that I really need.  My most pressing task is the ductwork.  I want to get it done while it is not too hot to be without AC or too cold to be without heat.  He said I should see a check in about 3 to 4 weeks.

The washer and dryer replacements are due for delivery in a week.  The freezer is already repaired and down to 10 below.  I replaced the compressor startup module for about 40 bucks.  We will let it run for some time and avoid filling it too much until we are confident in it.

Stevi
  •  

Laurie

Hi Stevi,

Thank you for the updates. I am glad your damages were not that bad. A pian in the tail for sure. Speaking about pains in the tail, I laughed at your doctor's comment about your exam. I am glad he is going to do a biopsy to be sure there is nothing terrible to worry about. We already have too many members in the Big C club. Out gatherings are sad affairs anyway, no fun at all.
  Keep your spirits up and if you cannot do that come talk to us. We might be able to help you there.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Donica

Great update Stevi. I'm guessing they had to replace a few power poles to get your internet back up and running? I'm glad to here everything is going well. It has been a few years since I've bought a washer and dryer. Back then you could get a nice set for less that $500 ea. Again, great news Stevi!

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Stevi

Life continues.

An insurance adjuster came by last Thursday.  He poked around the house, took some pictures, asked some questions and made some measurements.  He decided that it would take almost $10,000 to clean up and make the necessary repairs.  The policy has a $2000 deductible.  It is now in the hands of FEMA and my insurance agent.  I think I will come out OK since a lot of that is labor much of which I will be doing myself.

The new washer and dryer arrived today.  Clean clothes!   The insurance didn't cover the old ones.  They are not part of the structure so they were not in the figures.  That is oK.  They were used when we bought them almost nine years ago.  They went through Hurricane Irene and needed to be resuscitated.  We were contemplating replacing them before Florence showed up to make our minds up for us.

Stevi
  •  

Stevi

The fitness center situation.

We had a conversation with our lawyer.  She presented a multi-pronged plan.  We are on board for most all of it.  She  needs to put the whole package together for us to review before we head to court.  North Carolina does not have any protection in place with respect to transgender discrimination.  So we are left with some other avenues.  Breach of contract and consumer protection laws.  She feels we have good cases for both.  In addition, we are convinced the the defendant is driven by transphobia.  That possibility opens the door to punitive damages in addition to civil damages.  Since we intend to make the transgender aspect an integral part of our case, we have decided to try to make the case high profile with publicity on our terms.  It is possible, maybe likely, that the transgender aspect of this case will become known outside the courtroom and a subject at the coffee houses in these parts.  We are going to look into publicizing it on our terms rather than having to play defense.

I am living full time in the community as a woman.  All my documentation has female as my gender marker.  All of our family and people of importance in our lives know of the changes I have made.  I have one work associate that needs to be brought on board, for better or worse.  I was going to tell him a while back but when I called him he was in ICU dealing with heart issues.  I opted to focus on him and his recovery rather than dump my news on him.  He was doing much better last we talked so it is about time he gets the word.  That will be everyone of importance.  No reason to not be loud and proud after that.  I will step into the media lights and make this case about mistreatment of people, transgender people, with what little legal leverage I can bring to bear in North Carolina.

It will be  a month or more before the case is filed.  My lawyer intends to do this meticulously so that we have the best chance to not get any of the parts of our claim dismissed.  She has a lot of research to do so she gets it right.  I'll report back as things develop.

Wish us luck,
Stevi
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Stevi on October 04, 2018, 10:09:25 PM
Life continues.

An insurance adjuster came by last Thursday.  He poked around the house, took some pictures, asked some questions and made some measurements.  He decided that it would take almost $10,000 to clean up and make the necessary repairs.  The policy has a $2000 deductible.  It is now in the hands of FEMA and my insurance agent.  I think I will come out OK since a lot of that is labor much of which I will be doing myself.

The new washer and dryer arrived today.  Clean clothes!   The insurance didn't cover the old ones.  They are not part of the structure so they were not in the figures.  That is oK.  They were used when we bought them almost nine years ago.  They went through Hurricane Irene and needed to be resuscitated.  We were contemplating replacing them before Florence showed up to make our minds up for us.

Stevi
@Stevi
Dear Stevi:
It is so nice to hear that your Hurricane Recovery process is going well.... it sounds like that the financial resolves are going to take care of the big bulk of the recovery costs....   regarding the washer and dryer, it sounds like you ready for an upgrade anyway, the Hurricane just made that happen a little faster.

I was just about to ask about your update regarding your fitness center issues???  I just saw that you posted about that as I was hitting the "send post" button.....   great minds think alike.  It appears to be good news, but it will take time......

Every time I come to your thread I am just so happy to see your terrific Avatar/profile picture..
definitely a beautiful picture.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Michelle_P

Wow!

Stevi, thank you so much for taking this on and pushing for justice and fair treatment for yourself and all our brothers and sisters.  Contract law is practically sacred territory in our courts, and the thought that someone would unilaterally breach contract simply because they object to the nature of the party they contracted with is an incredibly bad precedent to let stand.

Go get 'em!

Hugs and thanks!
Michelle P.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Stevi

Danielle and Michelle,

Thank you for your support and encouragement.  This is likely to be a long battle.  Penny is being a trooper about all of this.  It is another stress inducing thing I have brought upon her.  I am so grateful to her for standing by me through it all.  She is worrisome about things and can think of more things that can go wrong with a situation than you can shake a stick at.  Even so, she is is vehement that the fitness center owner has done wrong to both of us and "needs to pay".
So much so, she is willing to risk the potential fallout from the inhabitants of this rural North Carolina community.  The town itself is somewhat cosmopolitan in that it has a significant portion of retirees from up north.  The larger area is mostly the born and raised here in Southern Baptist county.  Having said that, I have, except for this fitness center situation, been treated quite well by everyone I have had to interact with in the past few months that I have been living as myself. 

Danielle, I am pleased to see the avatar picture every time it appears on my screen, as well.  I did the makeup myself.  It is more than I do on a routine basis.  But having done it and have it turn out so well gives me confidence that I can "clean up well' if the need arises.  That may be the case if the publicity part of this legal situation puts me in front of a camera.

Thanks, girls,
Stevi
  •  

Donica

Great update Stevi!! I'm glad you are standing up for your rights. NC needs to step out of the stone age's. I hope the publicity of your case reaches all the way to the West Coast. I will be following all media outlets as well as your updates here at Susan's for your story.

Go get them ladies.
Donica.
  •