Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Favorite plays or musicals?

Started by Liam_Robin, March 20, 2018, 04:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liam_Robin

I'm a huge theatre fan, so I thought it would be fun to talk about favorites with other people.

My favorite musical is either In The Heights, or The Great Comet of 1812.

My favorite play is one I saw off-Broadway called Homos, Or Everyone In America.
  •  

Kylo

Amadeus, No Exit, Macbeth, Rope's End, Faust, Love & Understanding, The Crucible, Pygmalion, Waiting for Godot, A Few Good Men, The Phantom of the Opera, Gangster No. 1, Angels in America, Victor/Victoria, Hamlet, Soweto's Burning, Look Back In Anger, The Sound of Music, Gaslight, The King And I, The Producers, Bent, Titus Andronicus
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Liam_Robin

Quote from: Kylo on March 20, 2018, 09:50:43 PM
Amadeus, No Exit, Macbeth, Rope's End, Faust, Love & Understanding, The Crucible, Pygmalion, Waiting for Godot, A Few Good Men, The Phantom of the Opera, Angels in America, Victor/Victoria, Hamlet, Soweto's Burning, Look Back In Anger, Gaslight, The King And I, The Producers, Bent, Titus Andronicus

The Crucible is one of my favorites! I wanted to see the Broadway production of it a couple years ago, but I didn't get the chance to go to it.

I saw a local production of The King And I a while ago. I enjoyed it!
  •  

Kylo

I used to live up near Stratford where they do a lot of good Shakespeare stuff, which was nice, now I'm closer to Plymouth and they do a lot of new, quirky plays and musicals whereas I prefer the older or heavier stuff... I guess if I got myself to London more often I'd be up for that, it's just finding the time. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Evienne

I was in community theater twice and enjoyed it.
In one I was a butler in a play called "But Why Bump Off Barnaby" and the other I was a flamboyant interior decorator in "Move Over Mrs Markham." That second one though, boy was that one fun.

Otherwise, talking on a grander scale I am a big fan of Phanotom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and Man of La Mancha as far as musicals go.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

DawnOday

cirque du soleil   Any Version
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Pink Floyd at the Griffith Observatory
Miss Saigon - Leah Solango
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Evienne

Quote from: DawnOday on May 01, 2018, 01:31:01 AM
cirque du soleil   Any Version
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Pink Floyd at the Griffith Observatory
Miss Saigon - Leah Solango

Ooooooo. I saw Cirque Du Soleil, Mystere in Las Vegas on New Years ever of 2009 going into 2010. That was a fun memory. I bought the soundtrack CD after it and still have it. Really fun and cool to see.
Rocky Horror is a good choice as well  :eusa_clap:
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •