Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Weapons, shooting, guns.

Started by Tracey, March 22, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

I don't get along with the baby Smith revolvers, they rotate in my palm and the cylinder release likes to grind the skin off of the knuckle on my right thumb

I like them but they like my flesh too much so we keep apart.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 23, 2018, 01:28:13 PM
I don't get along with the baby Smith revolvers, they rotate in my palm and the cylinder release likes to grind the skin off of the knuckle on my right thumb

I like them but they like my flesh too much so we keep apart.

If and when I pack, it's my Springfield 9mm. 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

For me it's usually a Kahr cm9 9mm. In bear country it's a Glock 10mm with pocket nuke ammo.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 23, 2018, 01:38:36 PM
For me it's usually a Kahr cm9 9mm. In bear country it's a Glock 10mm with pocket nuke ammo.

LOL.  Now the most important question?  What color is it?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Stainless and black for the Kahr and basic black for the Glock. I'm not much for turning guns into fashion statement.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 23, 2018, 02:44:31 PM
Stainless and black for the Kahr and basic black for the Glock. I'm not much for turning guns into fashion statement.

Darn, I was soooooooooooooooo looking forward to loosely holding my pink plated 9mm and waving it in the air like a Valley Gurl :)

Just kidding, 357 is still nickel plated and 9mm black.  Now my 12 gauge Mossburg is rainbow with pretty flowers glued to the barrel - not :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Barb99

Only have one. It's my carry gun (when I carry, which I should probably do more often) S&W Shield 9mm. I like the size. It's easy to carry in my purse.
I make it to the range once or twice a month just to make sure I can still hit something!
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Anne Blake

Ok Devlyn, good thread so if it's alright with you I will add a bit to your original question. If you do carry concealed, what is your preferred method? When I have thought about it my purse was to insecure and easy to get away from reach, I virtually always wear a skirt so the thought of a thigh holster seemed obvious, most upper body systems seemed too lumpy and bulgy......what do you all do. By the way, if I were to carry it would probably be a 9mm, maybe a Sig, at least something with a safety but then I am fairly ignorant of the options.

Tia Anne
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Cassi on March 23, 2018, 03:00:11 PM
Darn, I was soooooooooooooooo looking forward to loosely holding my pink plated 9mm and waving it in the air like a Valley Gurl :)

Just kidding, 357 is still nickel plated and 9mm black.  Now my 12 gauge Mossburg is rainbow with pretty flowers glued to the barrel - not :)

Lol, at the last match I shot I had some refinishers begging to do a paint job on my FS2000. They weren't willing to do a Hello Kitty theme on it.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 23, 2018, 03:54:49 PM
Lol, at the last match I shot I had some refinishers begging to do a paint job on my FS2000. They weren't willing to do a Hello Kitty theme on it.

Most likely because the bad guys were already making guns look like the Hello Kittys and had to be shut down.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

No, they simply didn't want to deal with copyright infringement.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Cassi on March 23, 2018, 04:13:53 PM
Most likely because the bad guys were already making guns look like the Hello Kittys and had to be shut down.

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 23, 2018, 06:37:39 PM
No, they simply didn't want to deal with copyright infringement.

Cold hard cash wins out over conspiracy theory again.  :laugh:
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 23, 2018, 06:40:55 PM
Cold hard cash wins out over conspiracy theory again.  :laugh:

Aha, my prettie!, that's what the conspirators want you to think!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

KathyLauren

I qualified the bare minimum on basic training: FN 7.62mm rifle, Browning 9mm and Browning SMG.  I haven't held a firearm since.  A friend of mine once said, "I'd like to see you with a gun."  I answered, "No you don't.  The only way I'll pick up a gun is if I intend to shoot someone."  I'd have to borrow it of course.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Cassi

Wife #2's father was a retired LA Cop and had that disease where your hands shake.  And I really think we got along better than his daughter and I did. 

Anyway, the first time I met him, he ID'd himself, I ID myself (kinda let dog butt sniff'n) and he pulls out a 32 breach loader.  Due to his medical issues he couldn't operate an revolver or automatic.

On top of that his waving the pistol around scared the crap out of his daughter.

Sadly, I received notice from the LAPD Protective League that he had passed away and Wife #2 and I were in the process of getting divorced.  Really miss the guy.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Gertrude

I'd love to have a Jovino Effector. Closest thing today might be a Smith model 69 combat magnum or a charter arms pit bull in 45acp. Charter is coming out with a snubbie in 41 mag and 45 Colt. That said, with 5 kids , 2 in college and expenses, I've had to put gun purchases on the back burner. Maybe some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Gertrude on March 23, 2018, 10:07:54 PM
I'd love to have a Jovino Effector. Closest thing today might be a Smith model 69 combat magnum or a charter arms pit bull in 45acp. Charter is coming out with a snubbie in 41 mag and 45 Colt. That said, with 5 kids , 2 in college and expenses, I've had to put gun purchases on the back burner. Maybe some day.

Yeah kids!!!!!
They're as expensive as transisioning.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Gertrude on March 23, 2018, 10:07:54 PM

I have a "Police s&w model 10 snubnose and I love it... it is heavy duty and will handle +P ammo. A few years ago I bought a ruger model 101 snubnose .357 magnum... I sold it because it was very tough on my hand.. it was a very light revolver and had a very hard kickback that dug into my hand... might have been good for a defensive round or two but plinking and practice not so good.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

My favorite revolver is a Ruger Gp-100 4" barrel Full Under-lug with a Hogue comfort grip.  The under-lug adds enough weight to help reduce the kick.  Very comfortable to plink with.  Out of impulse (and a Dirty Harry) fan I bought a S&W 44 magnum years ago.. it is a cannon for sure and if I fired it at night I would be blinded by the flash and also would be deaf for hours.  Good for Grizzley Bears I would think.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •