Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Weapons, shooting, guns.

Started by Tracey, March 22, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Truth be told one cannot get out of bed and spend the day awake without breaking some sort of law.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Zumbagirl

I own guns, I'm not sure you would call me a gun nut, but I do love owning a assortment of different types of weapons. My primary reason for owning one is self protection and honestly if it were up to me, I would repeal nearly all gun laws in existence.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Hey Devlyn, what are you going to use on those squirrels?   :laugh:
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

Devlyn

.177 Crosman pellet rifle, 1,250 fps.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 29, 2018, 10:31:51 AM

Devlyn:
  YES, your Crosman and my Beeman have similar or greater muzzle velocity than a .22 Short.   
Great choices for squirrel and other similar varmints .. and both can take down more than just a squirrel.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Deborah

Once I gave my son a pellet gun and told him to shoot the backyard squirrels. The squirrels had become confused and thinking they were birds were destroying my bird feeder.  My son  inadvertently shot a window in the house next door and they called the police. A giant sheriff's deputy showed up at my front door.  I am not terribly small but this guy was Goliath. 

I told him it might have been my son and carefully walked him through the crime scene, pointing out the field of fire I had assigned my son and conceding he likely had shot outside those limits. 

The deputy actually seemed more amused than anything else and just told me to be more careful next time.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Dianne H

It was interesting reading what everyone carries and shoots.
Makes mine seem boring.

I carry a 1911 in an army shoulder holster to church and a 9mm derringer in my pocket.

We target shoot in the yard with either my Taurus 357 magnum with 38 rounds because they're cheaper or my Smith And Wesson model 29, 44 magnum.

My only hunting now of days is shooting mice in the house with my H&R 9 shot .22 with birdshot.
Christian
US Army vet
  •  

Deborah

Not a gun, but I thought I'd show my rainbow knife I got for Christmas.  This I do carry, particularly when I run outside.  I'm paranoid about dogs and have been chased too often not to have something.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Colleen_definitely

The bottle opener is a nice touch  :D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 29, 2018, 10:31:51 AM
My dad had squirrel problems and I took care of it with a 22 crossman pellet rifle using silver jet pellets, which were pointed. 41 squirrels in 8 months. After that, they weren't a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Deborah on March 29, 2018, 11:22:40 AM
Not a gun, but I thought I'd show my rainbow knife I got for Christmas.  This I do carry, particularly when I run outside.  I'm paranoid about dogs and have been chased too often not to have something.

Deborah:  I love the "drop-point" blade on your colorful knife... and the serrated saw-edge further back.... and yes, the bottle opener is a very nice touch. 

I have a number of really nice knives but many of them are Tanto tips of which I really like because the tip itself has a little more meat on it and is less apt to break off when doing terrible things to my knife.
Danielle

•  

Devlyn

Nice blade, Deborah!

I have a Mora steel boot knife. The damn thing is so sharp I get nervous every time it's out of its sheath!  :laugh:
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Mora knives are the best deal ever when it comes to sharp things.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 29, 2018, 12:23:28 PM
Mora knives are the best deal ever when it comes to sharp things.

@ Colleen: Yes, the Mora knives are terrific for sure.  The Swede's have always been a leader in quality knives.

I personally like the "Cold Steel" knives.  I "lost" one 2 months ago in January at the airport because I had forgotten that I had one of my small Cold Steel knives in my carry-on all-purpose bag that goes with me everywhere.  I wonder what TSA really does with the quality confiscated items that they collect?   

It's a very good thing that I didn't have my new ... loaded Ruger pink pistol in that bag too.....   it would not have turned out to be a good day for me.
Danielle

•  

Colleen_definitely

The worst thing to have to say at a TSA checkpoint: "well, this is embarrassing..."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 29, 2018, 12:42:40 PM
The worst thing to have to say at a TSA checkpoint: "well, this is embarrassing..."

@ Colleen:
So true.... but how could one successfully explain about the loaded handgun in my carry-on.... in such a way that I didn't miss my flight and have an immediate and unpleasant "meeting" with law-enforcement officials??
I don't think that saying "well, this is embarrassing is going to cut it"    LOL
Danielle

•  

Cassi

I just carry a string of piano wire around my belt.  It's always an accessible accessory, lethal and reminds me of my old days with the mob.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 29, 2018, 12:46:19 PM

@ Colleen:
So true.... but how could one successfully explain about the loaded handgun in my carry-on.... in such a way that I didn't miss my flight and have an immediate and unpleasant "meeting" with law-enforcement officials??
I don't think that saying "well, this is embarrassing is going to cut it"    LOL
Danielle

Nope, you get a nice little talk with the TSA people, the local police people, your lawyer person, the judge.  Missing your flight is the least of your worries.  Thankfully not something I know from personal experience.

I have had to go back on the shuttle to my car after checking in because I forgot to totally clear out my purse before a flight.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 29, 2018, 12:56:23 PM
Nope, you get a nice little talk with the TSA people, the local police people, your lawyer person, the judge.  Missing your flight is the least of your worries.  Thankfully not something I know from personal experience.

I have had to go back on the shuttle to my car after checking in because I forgot to totally clear out my purse before a flight.

Don't forget about the free room and board at the greybar hotel!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Cassi on March 29, 2018, 12:57:41 PM
Don't forget about the free room and board at the greybar hotel!

I wonder... can I get my favorite espresso there while waiting to clear things up??

•