Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Weapons, shooting, guns.

Started by Tracey, March 22, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Am Jess

Quote from: Donica on September 13, 2018, 10:56:57 AM
OMG Katie! What a pain. Will I have to go through all that to buy and carry a can of pepper spray? I just found out it's illegal in California? WTH!!!???? REALLY????? WHY???? I fear for my safety. I just want a damn can of pepper spray. No wonder crime is so bad in California. All the guns are in the wrong hands. Sorry! Stepping off my soapbox now!

This is not correct.

Pepper spray is legal to use in California but only in self defense situations.  Pepper spray must be in a container that holds no more than 2.5 ounces of the chemical.

California law does prohibits several classes of people from buying, possessing, or using pepper spray: 
people convicted of a felony or any assault crime, in California or any other state or in the federal system; and those convicted of misusing the spray (in non-self defense situations)

minors (except minors over 16 years old, who may purchase and possess pepper spray as long as their parent is present or gives written permission), and

those addicted to any narcotic drug.

So unless you are in one of the prohibited groups you may legally carry pepper spray for self defense.
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I must say it is rather odd to see California requiring a MINIMUM capacity for something, lol.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Donica

Jess! Did you miss my last post?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

I Am Jess

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on September 13, 2018, 01:53:46 PM
I must say it is rather odd to see California requiring a MINIMUM capacity for something, lol.

lol  I edited to correct that....
  •  

I Am Jess

Quote from: Donica on September 13, 2018, 02:42:24 PM
Jess! Did you miss my last post?

I just saw it.  It wasn't there when I posted my response.  Looks like they were about the same time.
  •  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Gertrude

And it's one of the reasons why I'll never live in CA. The right to defend yourself, property and others is a liberal concept. Restricting rights is not. Unfortunately it's a tribal thing and if you don't buy into the whole narrative, it's a problem. It's a shame there are no true liberal places to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Gertrude on September 13, 2018, 06:15:47 PM
And it's one of the reasons why I'll never live in CA.

I hear you!

And, I am looking through my home office window out over the ocean, 74 degree breeze coming through the window, bright blue skies to top it off...

People on this forum understand compromise perhaps better than any other demographic in the western world.

Kate
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quiet:

Not quiet:  (and who says you can't take an open class 3 gun shotgun turkey hunting?)
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: KatieP on September 13, 2018, 06:30:03 PM
I hear you!

And, I am looking through my home office window out over the ocean, 74 degree breeze coming through the window, bright blue skies to top it off...

People on this forum understand compromise perhaps better than any other demographic in the western world.

Kate

It's one of my non-negotiables, even when I got married. Motorcycles too. I find that if you have a right and you give it up, it's hard or impossible to get back. I grew up in NY and it's much more restrictive than where I live now vis a vis firearms. Is NY better for trans issues? Yes, but I moved 16 years ago and couldn't go back if I wanted to. Too expensive and it's gotten worse regulations and tax wise. As far as weather goes, Santa Cruz is about perfect, but that place can be both expensive and nutty.
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on September 13, 2018, 06:31:24 PM
Quiet:

Not quiet:  (and who says you can't take an open class 3 gun shotgun turkey hunting?)

Sweet stuff Colleen!!!... Silence is golden!... and... Sweet scattergun there!!! I  love a left hand charging handle too!... That is one thing I loved on that REPR I posted!!

Hugs!

A 😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Donica

I used to have a HK 91 in 7.62 NATO. It's charging handle was on the left side too.
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Donica on September 15, 2018, 12:31:32 PM
I used to have a HK 91 in 7.62 NATO. It's charging handle was on the left side too.

I had a HK 91 with the collapsible stock back in the day as well!... My favorite 7.62 I have owned was a IMI Galil... Bought it in Colorado and sadly had to sell it when I moved back to CA since it was on the original ban list in the 90s :-(
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

SonadoraXVX

I have preban imbel 762 FNFAL, 2 556 M4s/M16A2s, all in pieces, due to Californias draconian assault weapon laws. No time to register them, so I broken them down into baggies and secured them, completely legal.

Now just shoot a 22lr 10/22 and will look into a SA 22lr revolver, to just plink, when time allows it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

King Malachite

I absolutely love guns, too!  I have my concealed weapon's permit, but no money to buy a gun, lol.  I'd really like to own a revolver one day, as they are my favorite.  I'd like to own various types of weapons too.  A shot gun would be high on my list.  :)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Love weapons too, since my childhood days, shooting at birds and cans, with a crossman 760. Now too broke too shoot any of my 30 caliber rifles, shotguns or  larger caliber pistols or revolvers.

I'm looking at a heritage rough rider 22lr in 6.5 inch barrel blued revolver locally. Have a 10/22 already, hoping ciener will make more 22lr conversions for my 9mm hi power.

Miss them days roaming my grandmother's ranch plinking, birds, snakes, rocks and trees, with my crossman 760 in northeastern mexico.

Simple is good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

V M

Took my old reliable "Siggy" P226 out to the range awhile back, It was kinda fun plinkin' off a few and I was pleasantly surprised with my accuracy after all these years  8)   
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: V M on September 16, 2018, 07:57:54 PM
Took my old reliable "Siggy" P226 out to the range awhile back, It was kinda fun plinkin' off a few and I was pleasantly surprised with my accuracy after all these years  8)

When a girls got, she's got it VM!!!... I've got a low mileage P226... Such a great trigger on those things!... I only have two other handguns left besides the Sig... Both 45s, a Glock 21sf and an HK USP...

•  

judithlynn

This takes me back. When I was in my teens I was in the Full bore rifle  shooting team with my weapon as the Lee Enfield .303 rifle with a Telescopic sight.  In the CCF we also had the Bren LMF Mk 3 and the Sten Mk 5. Great personal weapons. We also had a number of GPMGs MG42. Great weapon, most of which had been captured from the German Army & SS..

Also when growing up, being from the country , we had a pair of  nice shotguns for killing rabbits etc . I just cannot remember what ones they were but I do remember my Dad always telling me to keep them clean and well oiled after we had been out shooting rabbits and me covered in mud in my wellies! From memory I was about 10 or so then.

Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

Colleen_definitely

OK I've been a bit busy lately but here's a few more:

Speaking of great triggers and accurate the top one is a Tanfoglio Stock II.  It's a factory competition pistol meant for IPSC/USPSA.  It's a phenomenal pistol and I've taken it to several big 2 and 3 gun matches.  Below it is possibly the best value in full size pistols going: the CZ P09.  It's just a great shooting pistol, certainly not as fancy as the Tanfo but for the money it really is hard to beat.  It's my go-to pistol for the more physical matches where I really don't want to crawl through gravel with the Tanfo.

Short, sweet, and quiet.  Registered short barrel rifle Vector Mini UZI with an AAC Avenger suppressor, and an SBR CZ Skorpion Evo 3 with an AAC TiRant-45

FN FS2000 with a YHM Phantom 762 suppressor and Aimpoint PRO, affectionately named the tactical space tuna.  I placed 11th out of 115 with this rifle and my P09 at this year's Desert Brutality 2 gun match in Phoenix.

Finally one I saw in the used display at a Cabela's somewhere: a Dreyse 1907 .32 ACP.  It's just adorable in an ugly sort of way and I couldn't resist buying it for $100 or so.

•