Quote from: SarahFehrman on May 07, 2018, 02:29:11 PM
I love your dress, Devlin!

Hugs,
Sarah From Chi-town

Thanks, Sarah from Chi-town!  :-*

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Allison S

Crossing the street some guy says "how u doing, sir?" to me for no apparent reason.. Hm... Ok

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: Allison S on May 07, 2018, 02:42:03 PM
Crossing the street some guy says "how u doing, sir?" to me for no apparent reason.. Hm... Ok

How blind was he?!

Hugs,
Sarah From Chi-town
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Allison S    Well, that is less than cordial... unless that guy had seen you previously back when you were not as passable as you appear now in the picture that you just posted, it is hard for me to believe that he thought you were a guy.  Did you have a friend with you... that is important for support and for "safety in numbers"
Rudeness to the max...
I agree with what @SarahFehrman stated: "How blind was he?"

Now, Allison... do not be dissuaded and dismayed... keep getting out there and keep going forward toward your transition goals.  Remember, it is a work in progress, ever improving.
By the way, I think that you look great... nice hair, eyebrows look good, lipstick done nicely and fingernails polished ... and your white t-top and black shorts look really good on you....     You have nothing to feel bad about.  Remember, those guys can't make you feel bad unless you permit yourself to feel bad. 
You are in control of how you feel and how you act.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs,
Thanks for your post and for sharing.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Michelle_P

There are subcultures that place a very strong emphasis on machismo, and for a male to be 'tricked' by another is considered a serious violation of machista perspective.  Males feel compelled to point out what they perceive as another male cross-dressing. This subculture doesn't currently have any acceptance of the concept of being a transgender person.

In short, some people are dangerous jerks, because that's how they were raised.

I expect to be misgendered in contacts with persons from these subcultures.  I just make sure I have a clean exit path available in case things escalate.

Now, back to being fabulous!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Thats where you are wrong Allison!, Those weren't guys, just large erect rats.
Forget stupid comments like that, you look great!

Looking good too Davina!

•  

V M

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on May 07, 2018, 04:35:53 PM

Looking good too Davina!

LOL - Some of my neighbors fit that description  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allison S

Congrats Davina! Beautiful photo that will always be part of your journey [emoji4]

Quote from: SarahFehrman on May 07, 2018, 02:44:44 PM
How blind was he?!

Hugs,
Sarah From Chi-town

Hmm not sure, he was carrying a pizza pie so there is some hope..maybe..

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 07, 2018, 03:00:50 PM
@Allison S    Well, that is less than cordial... unless that guy had seen you previously back when you were not as passable as you appear now in the picture that you just posted, it is hard for me to believe that he thought you were a guy.  Did you have a friend with you... that is important for support and for "safety in numbers"
Rudeness to the max...
I agree with what @SarahFehrman stated: "How blind was he?"

Now, Allison... do not be dissuaded and dismayed... keep getting out there and keep going forward toward your transition goals.  Remember, it is a work in progress, ever improving.
By the way, I think that you look great... nice hair, eyebrows look good, lipstick done nicely and fingernails polished ... and your white t-top and black shorts look really good on you....     You have nothing to feel bad about.  Remember, those guys can't make you feel bad unless you permit yourself to feel bad. 
You are in control of how you feel and how you act.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs,
Thanks for your post and for sharing.
Danielle

Thank you, I can't be certain what he said. I got plenty of cat calling and people glancing. I went out there to face exactly this, and I did. I was so scared before of predators and any possible danger (I am usually alone, anyone is welcome to join me though). But besides guys checking me out and catcalling.. There was no issue at all.

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 07, 2018, 04:13:33 PM
There are subcultures that place a very strong emphasis on machismo, and for a male to be 'tricked' by another is considered a serious violation of machista perspective.  Males feel compelled to point out what they perceive as another male cross-dressing. This subculture doesn't currently have any acceptance of the concept of being a transgender person.

In short, some people are dangerous jerks, because that's how they were raised.

I expect to be misgendered in contacts with persons from these subcultures.  I just make sure I have a clean exit path available in case things escalate.

Now, back to being fabulous!

Thank you, Michelle. It means a lot coming from someone as fabulous as you. I always loved your style, and even more, your grace. People can come after (petty), but at the end of the day, we're still living our lives the way we want. This is victory for us. I don't revel in winning, but it is nice being able to by LIVING MY LIFE.
I think that was worth the emphasis lol! [emoji4]

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on May 07, 2018, 04:35:53 PM

Looking good too Davina!

It was just one guy. Again, I'm not sure exactly what he said and really a old white guy's comment doesn't bother me. I don't mean to offend anyone, just saying for me to be walking in nyc and only get one possible comment like that is astounding.

•  

SashaGrace

Just to show I do have a variety of outfits, not just going out dresses, here's today's look minus the essential glasses as I can't see owt without them!! There's a Northern expression to confuse the majority of you haha

'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

Alyssa Bree

Quote from: SarahFehrman on May 07, 2018, 02:18:59 PM
Alyssa, you look gorgeous! Once you're on HRT, you'll be off and running. Hold on tight, girlfriend - it's going to get good!

Hugs,
Sarah From Chi-town

Thank you Sarah! I really really needed that.
Your NEEDS drive your WANTS which drive your ACTIONS. To not take action is to not meet your needs.

I am like an archaeological excavation - being uncovered piece by piece, slowly...methodically... until all of the real ME stands proud in the light of day.
  •  

Alyssa Bree

Sasha,

You look simply amazing!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Alyssa
Your NEEDS drive your WANTS which drive your ACTIONS. To not take action is to not meet your needs.

I am like an archaeological excavation - being uncovered piece by piece, slowly...methodically... until all of the real ME stands proud in the light of day.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Everyone, meet my hot friend!! :) you look lovely Allie!
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Maybebaby56

Quote from: I Am Jess on May 03, 2018, 08:45:32 AM
Look who I ran into last night......

That is so cool!  I am jealous.  I have been wanting to meet Ashley for quite some time.

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

RoRo

First off, I am so glad I joined here. I am Raquel by the well and I am a fully transitioned MTF. So many beautiful women here both outside and inside. I have found a great place.

Raquel

** I will post some photos in the near future(possibly this weekend)** Probably not a bikini photo. :)
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on May 08, 2018, 04:34:46 PM
Everyone, meet my hot friend!! :) you look lovely Allie!
[emoji173] love you

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

barbie

Yes. Of course, it is OK. But if you want to hear ma'am, you may trim your eyebrows a little bit.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: RoRo on May 08, 2018, 05:48:28 PM
** I will post some photos in the near future(possibly this weekend)** Probably not a bikini photo. :)

Hi, RoRo,

Expecting to see some of your photos. Bikini photos are allowed here, and I once posted a bunch of my bikini photos taken at beaches. I may post more bikini photos this summer.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •