Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Official "You Look Fabulous Darling" 9.0

Started by V M, March 24, 2018, 04:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

So.. Bandana's, yay or nay ? Also .. It's me after just waking up, not shaven and no tinted moisturizer but fem? yes or no?

- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Shambles on August 18, 2018, 10:45:13 AM
So.. Bandana's, yay or nay ? Also .. It's me after just waking up, not shaven and no tinted moisturizer but fem? yes or no?

@Shambles
I am not particularly a bandana fan but I suppose if hair is a mess or perhaps riding a motorcycle or other activity that blows hair around a bandana might be a good thing...   or as you stated, just waking up and not yet doing a lot of fix-up.
...as far a what it does for appearance, it is not for me but if it works for you and your like how it looks on you, that is the most important thing.   
In a way it does increase your feminine look a little with the particular bandana in your picture...you could even go further of course because you have the options of more feminine colors and patterns that will greatly influence the look that you are going after.   
I am just thinking out loud here, and I may not know what I am talking about, so take it or leave it when it comes to my opinion that I expressed.

As always, I enjoy reading your posts and viewing any pictures that you include...  it is great to see how others such as yourself are getting along in your transition journey.  Please keep keeping on and posting your updates.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Denise

@Kendra and I are going clubbing with @charlie.nicki tonight. I've been looking forward to this night for 8 months.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Denise on August 18, 2018, 09:32:20 PM
@Kendra and I are going clubbing with @charlie.nicki tonight. I've been looking forward to this night for 8 months.

Wheee!  "photos or it didn't happen!"
LOL!  Good times, ladies. Have fun!

Meanwhile, @Laurie, @Jessica_Rose, Susan, @RandyL, and Michelle_P were out on the town enjoying some good Italian dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Denise    cc: @Kendra   @Charlie Nicki
Dear Denise:
You are looking GOOD !!! ;)
I trust that you 3 ladies will have a lot of fun together...
"Be good, but if you can't be good, be very careful"  ... this is always what my dad told me whenever.  :)

Remember now... pictures or it didn't happen.
Thanks for sharing and posting.
Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donica

Oh Denise! I'm sure you and Kendra rocked the clubs last night. You look fabulaus.

Hugs,
Donica.

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 18, 2018, 10:08:58 PM

Meanwhile, @Laurie, @Jessica_Rose, Susan, @RandyL, and Michelle_P were out on the town enjoying some good Italian dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Michelle? I'm guessing your road trip with Laurie has wandered close to Jessica_Rose, Susan and RandyL's turf? It's so nice to see that all of you are good friends. Looking fabulous ladies.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I want a group of trans friends :'(
I have never met a trans person so far in Ireland.
In fact I only ever met one trans person in all my life . That was Jessica here on the forum when we where both in Switzerland. It's cool to talk with someone who has been through so much of what you have, especially when you believed in the beginning you where all alone.

Y'all look great and happy!

•  

Harley Quinn

The wedding was a lot of fun. I can't find the pictures of me and the bride... 😑

At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Denise

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I felt great last night and wow @Kendra must have been on fire because she was smokin hot!

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 18, 2018, 10:08:58 PM

@Michelle_P trust me girl it happened but was happens in Bogotá stays in Bogotá.

We danced nonstop for 4 1/2 hours without a break.  My ears are still ringing and we left over 6 hours ago.

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Harley Quinn on August 19, 2018, 08:59:00 AM

Quote from: Denise on August 19, 2018, 09:06:28 AM

Wow gorgeous all of you! And love the dresses [emoji7] Harley that's so your color

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on August 19, 2018, 07:41:35 AM
I want a group of trans friends :'(
I have never met a trans person so far in Ireland.
In fact I only ever met one trans person in all my life . That was Jessica here on the forum when we where both in Switzerland. It's cool to talk with someone who has been through so much of what you have, especially when you believed in the beginning you where all alone.

Y'all look great and happy!
It was a great 2 hours together, but at the end of the day I returned to my apartment alone. When you're a member of the 1%, and all the other members are hiding, it is very hard to find them. I'm sure they're all around you, but how will you ever know? That is hard, and I'm sorry it is so difficult.

I am lucky that there is a transgender support group here in my city. I wouldn't really call them friends so much as acquaintances, but they are supportive and we help each other to find local resources and organize Pride and similar things. And if one or more can turn into a friend that would be so nice!

Similarly with Susan's, as that's what brought this group together. Again, our online connections must be called acquaintances from which a friendship (or more  ;D ) can bloom. I wish more people on Susan's were willing to put their location on their profile, as that could help some of us to connect. In my case, I have gleaned hints of people who live nearby and can try to make connections. But it is slow and has taken years.

I hope you can stumble into some trans friends!
All the best, Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

KathyLauren

The wedding was a lot of fun. I can't find the pictures of me and the bride... 😑

Wow, Harley, you look adorable!  I love the dress!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

MollyPants

The wedding was a lot of fun. I can't find the pictures of me and the bride... [emoji58]

You look stunning Harley! That is a gorgeous dress!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Allison S on August 19, 2018, 09:11:09 AM
Wow gorgeous all of you! And love the dresses [emoji7] Harley that's so your color

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
The bride picked it out for me. It turned out well.

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 19, 2018, 09:41:50 AM
Wow, Harley, you look adorable!  I love the dress!
Thank you. $23 on Amazon... what a find!

Quote from: MollyPants on August 19, 2018, 09:51:10 AM
You look stunning Harley! That is a gorgeous dress!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thank you. Probably best bridesmaid dress you could hope for!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Harley Quinn

I'd say yes and no. The way you have it worn (to me) is very "biker" or "cleaning lady"  and not very flattering.  Unless you're riding, I'd tie it a little differently. There are quite a few ways to the a bandana that are functional and very feminine. I wear bandanas "ALL" the time. I have like 30 of them. I have never found the cleaning lady look flattering. I do wear my bandana like that under a helmet, but I always tie it differently once I'm off the bike.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

You looked amazing here Harley. Super cute!

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: RandyL on August 19, 2018, 09:30:48 AM
It was a great 2 hours together, but at the end of the day I returned to my apartment alone. When you're a member of the 1%, and all the other members are hiding, it is very hard to find them. I'm sure they're all around you, but how will you ever know? That is hard, and I'm sorry it is so difficult.

I am lucky that there is a transgender support group here in my city. I wouldn't really call them friends so much as acquaintances, but they are supportive and we help each other to find local resources and organize Pride and similar things. And if one or more can turn into a friend that would be so nice!

Similarly with Susan's, as that's what brought this group together. Again, our online connections must be called acquaintances from which a friendship (or more  ;D ) can bloom. I wish more people on Susan's were willing to put their location on their profile, as that could help some of us to connect. In my case, I have gleaned hints of people who live nearby and can try to make connections. But it is slow and has taken years.

I hope you can stumble into some trans friends!
All the best, Randy

Having a support group is great.
I think I may end up in one but it will be in a city 2 hours away.
I won't mind though because I think I am being helped with this new group with my physical transition :)
Its actually kind of nerve wracking!

•  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on August 19, 2018, 12:43:07 PM
You looked amazing here Harley. Super cute!
Thank you. I saw a girl with a tiny waist today, and immediately you popped into my head... you still had a better waistline. 😂
  •  

Donica

Hi Shambles. May I ask why you want to wear a bandana? It is kinda biker like. I ask because I think you look beautiful in your avatar. In my opinion, I think a wig is a better way to go instead of a bandana. But I know wig's can be very hot in the summer. I'm just thinking out loud. What ever make you feel good girl. That's the most important thing.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •