Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Has anyone ever shaved their cat?

Started by Julia1996, March 25, 2018, 01:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Hi everyone. My brother asked me where he could buy a blade for my clippers for use on animals. I asked him what he planned to do with it and he said he was going to clip his cat. I've never heard of clipping a cat. I told him I didn't think you were supposed to clip cats and that I thought it was like bad for them. He said you could clip a cat and that he didn't intend to shave her to the skin or anything only give her like a buzz cut. She's long haired and she's shedding and the hair all over his room is driving Tyler nuts. Has anyone ever clipped their cat and was the cat ok afterwards?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Allison S

I have to find a surgeon so I can get one! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Allison S on March 25, 2018, 01:48:14 AM

Lol.😂
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cindy

I can't see any reason why not if the cat will let him. I imagine the cat may be a little upset.

I use to clip my long hair collie during the hot weather here.

I've also shaved rats, rabbits and possums and still have the scars from the rabbits and the possums.

•  

zirconia

The Panasonic model ER807PP-A is specifically meant for pets, and can be used for both dogs and cats. Many cats don't like the sound of electric clippers, though, so some salons use hand clippers and/or trimming scissors instead...
  •  

Dani

Take the cat to a pet grooming place. Let the professionals do it. It may cost a bit more, but it will be done right.
  •  

Dena

Animals don't have the ability to tan as they receive their protection from the sun threw their fir coat. If the coat isn't left long enough to protect their skin from the sun, they must remain indoors until their coat regrows. A pet grooming shop would know the best coat length for the health of your cat. On the other hand, daily usage of a cat brush would help keep the shedding under control and the cat would appreciate the extra attention.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Brush the cat's fur, the cat will love it

Please do not shave the cat, it would be inhuman and the cat will hate you forever
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on March 25, 2018, 09:53:42 AM
Brush the cat's fur, the cat will love it

Please do not shave the cat, it would be inhuman and the cat will hate you forever

He won't be shaving the cat. He was talking about it in front of my dad and my dad told him that shaving the cat was the most grabasstic thing he had heard and not to even think about shaving her. I will suggest the cat brush to him. And don't ask me what grabasstic means. I have no idea. My dad and his friends use that word to describe stuff that's really dumb but Im totally sure it's not a real word of any kind.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dena

Google the word and you will get the urban dictionary. I would post a link to it but the urban dictionary often violates the site policy on language as it's much more earthy than a regular dictionary.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Julia1996

I never thought about googling it. Duh. Lol. Ok, well I might have known it was a Marine slang word.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

sarah1972

Either way, he should get his own tools for shaving the cat. Better to set boundaries now than waiting for him to ask for cat toys...

•  

Deborah

When we lived in Panama my wife used to shave our collie since it was so hot.  He didn't really like it but would sit still if she told him to.  He did learn to run whenever he saw the clippers come out though.

She would shave his body leaving a mane on his head and a tuft at the end of his tail so he always ended up looking like a skinny lion.  She just used the same clippers she used on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

V M

I'm glad your father was able to reason with him
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Allison S on March 25, 2018, 01:48:14 AM

Lol I was thinking the same thing  I want mine bald
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

The cat at work got shave twice a year and the hair grew out fine
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Deborah on March 25, 2018, 11:30:49 AM
When we lived in Panama my wife used to shave our collie since it was so hot.  He didn't really like it but would sit still if she told him to.  He did learn to run whenever he saw the clippers come out though.

She would shave his body leaving a mane on his head and a tuft at the end of his tail so he always ended up looking like a skinny lion.  She just used the same clippers she used on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well technically my clippers would work for shaving an animal but I use them on humans and I don't know if animal hair would dull them. Instead of the plastic guide combs to determine length my clippers use different blade sets that snap on.  The blades are $70.00 each set and I wouldn't risk letting him shave an animal with any of my human blades. He's lucky I use them on his hair. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

No.

I think I would not do this.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •