Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Did anyone like Krypton?

Started by Julia1996, March 26, 2018, 06:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

I saw the first episode of krypton and I was totally not impressed. I found it kind of hard to follow. Maybe because Im not a big superman fan. Tristan explained a lot of it to me but I still found it hard to follow. For one thing I didn't understand why they didn't have super powers and couldn't fly. He explained they only had super powers when they were on earth,  yeah.....ok. Tristan really liked it so Im going to end up watching more of it Im sure. Did anyone else like it?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I just know about kryptonite, that mineral that is not good for Superman.
It is from planet Krypton.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 26, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
I just know about kryptonite, that mineral that is not good for Superman.
It is from planet Krypton.

Chrissy

Yeah that's something else I never understood. If it's from his own planet why does it make him sick?  Superman is just kind of weird really.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

My guess is that it had to do with the radioactive composition of Kryptonite, which are pieces of exploded planet Krypton.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 26, 2018, 07:17:03 PM
My guess is that it had to do with the radioactive composition of Kryptonite, which are pieces of exploded planet Krypton.

That makes sense. I could ask Tristan but I don't want to get him started and wake up his inner nerd. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 26, 2018, 07:08:01 PM
Yeah that's something else I never understood. If it's from his own planet why does it make him sick?  Superman is just kind of weird really.

The kryptonite becomes lethal under a yellow sun, just like Superman gets his powers under a yellow sun :)

That's why nobody has powers in Krypton, they have a red sun.

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on March 26, 2018, 08:05:55 PM
The kryptonite becomes lethal under a yellow sun, just like Superman gets his powers under a yellow sun :)

That's why nobody has powers in Krypton, they have a red sun.
That's exactly what Tristan said. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MaryT

I watched the first series, which ended in the UK a couple of weeks ago.  I am very familiar with the Superman mythology and when I was small, I was enamoured of a pictorial map of Krypton in Giant Superman Annual number one.

Even so, I didn't particularly enjoy it, although having seen the first series, I will watch subsequent ones if I can.

After the first episode, I nearly stopped watching because I had too much on my plate but the presence of the character Adam Strange intrigued me.  I enjoyed the adventures that he shared with Alanna in Mystery in Space.  However, in Krypton, Adam Strange is a selfish and deceitful little wannabe superhero who stole his "power" from Alanna's father, whereas in Mystery in Space, Adam Strange is a swashbuckling archaeologist while waiting to be beamed to the planet Rann and Alanna.  I am sure that the opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark is inspired by the opening scenes of the first appearance of Adam Strange in Showcase (right down to the hat but no whip) although I didn't read that story until it was reprinted in Strange Adventures. 

•