Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you think you are/were "trapped in the wrong body"?

Started by PurpleWolf, March 28, 2018, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 29, 2018, 12:51:01 AM
Being that I wish my parents would have never met and I never had been born I suppose it would be fair to say I feel a bit trapped in the wrong body

:(
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Hmmm, don't all of us, or at least most of us, that are transgender transitioning believe that we were trapped in the wrong body??   Why else, I wonder,  would we be personally compelled to go through the expensive, long and uncomfortable journey of HRT and transitioning?
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

It's MY body, but some bits need adjusting to match the body image in the brain.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 29, 2018, 12:43:04 PM
It's MY body, but some bits need adjusting to match the body image in the brain.

Michelle:   You are very correct... an  excellent thought that you have.   Perhaps the "Wrong Body" is the incorrect term....   along the lines of your reply, how about: "I am trapped with my physical body that does not match my mental image in my brain... it must be altered!!!!"
Danielle

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 29, 2018, 12:50:28 PM
Michelle:   You are very correct... an  excellent thought that you have.   Perhaps the "Wrong Body" is the incorrect term....   along the lines of your reply, how about: "I am trapped with my physical body that does not match my mental image in my brain... it must be altered!!!!"
Danielle

Report to Deluce NM for neuro-alteration.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

•  

Daisy Jane

I think the whole "trapped in the wrong body" thing was likely a clumsy attempt for a trans person to explain to what being trans feels like to people who had no prior concept of gender identity. I think it's common that whenever a new idea is introduced to the general public, the language used hasn't been fine tuned.
  •  

Allison S

I was always proud of my curves. This threw me for a loop for so many years. But in the end, overall my body in my view can use a few, well a lot of, tweaks. Hrt is saving my confidence, possibly my life at this point. Differences between males and females are just more obvious and distinct the older we get, I think. Me and my body are ready to cross that line. Maybe a little too ready, hence my impatience!! 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 29, 2018, 01:09:49 PM

But, can I bring my mother with me?

Sweetie, I'm already here waiting for you!  If you hadn't miss my response to you "outing" me as an alien, you would  have known that :(

BTW, only sad because you missed it.  I think I've probably missed a lot of responses.  Especially when a thread gets hit by a lot of posts.  Not intentional and never mean to shun anyone, just an oversight, sadly.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Allison S on March 29, 2018, 01:45:17 PM
I was always proud of my curves. This threw me for a loop for so many years. But in the end, overall my body in my view can use a few, well a lot of, tweaks. Hrt is saving my confidence, possibly my life at this point. Differences between males and females are just more obvious and distinct the older we get, I think. Me and my body are ready to cross that line. Maybe a little too ready, hence my impatience!! 

I can relate to this Alli, I've always had a big butt.  Now it's even biggggggggger :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

falk

I feel like "trapped in the wrong body" is something purely for/because? of cis people. It just feels like an oversimplification to me.

That said, I feel trapped in a dead body, mine specifically. But I don't know how much of that is because of gender or my own mental illness [alterhumanity/otherkin]. It's like that "girl" is dead yet I'm wearing her like a unfashionable coat so everyone treats me like her anyways.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on March 29, 2018, 01:45:17 PM

@ Allison:   Great attitude about always being proud of your curves... having those beautiful curves will be a blessing as HRT improves what is already there with your curves, your soft female looking face and your female mental attitude.

I think that I posted a photo in some thread somewhere of my college young-man appearance.   I was a small runt of a guy 5'4", no muscle, no bulk and not a picture at all of a young man.   My face was very soft looking and definitely not masculine at all, with a girlish voice to match, my voice never did drop much with my puberty.   All of that definitely worked for my benefit.  If I would have stayed as a male, I would be most miserable today as I was in high school and college... being around masculine class-mates, especially the jocks, was a constant torture of bullying and rude insults.  I even got less than nice comments from many of the girls back then.

So, Allison, I am glad that you are proud of your curves and I will be happily following your HRT progress as you keep us updated.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

V M

Quote from: Daisy Jane on March 29, 2018, 01:19:09 PM
I think the whole "trapped in the wrong body" thing was likely a clumsy attempt for a trans person to explain to what being trans feels like to people who had no prior concept of gender identity. I think it's common that whenever a new idea is introduced to the general public, the language used hasn't been fine tuned.

I've kinda thought that as well

Now that I've been on HRT awhile I actually think I've got a pretty kickin' body, it's just the annoying dangler and being expected to "Be a man" all my life that bugs me out
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Cassi on March 29, 2018, 01:51:41 PM
Sweetie, I'm already here waiting for you!  If you hadn't miss my response to you "outing" me as an alien, you would  have known that :(

BTW, only sad because you missed it.  I think I've probably missed a lot of responses.  Especially when a thread gets hit by a lot of posts.  Not intentional and never mean to shun anyone, just an oversight, sadly.

@ Cassie, my alien mother....
I don't think that I did miss your response about me outing your as an alien...  hmmm?   We had a fun time with that exchanging replies.
Danielle

•  

Sephirah

Interesting question. And very interesting replies. Here are my thoughts on it, for what they're worth.

Quote from: PurpleWolf on March 28, 2018, 08:50:53 PM
I always felt uneasy about that phrase. It felt almost as if I was expected to feel trapped in someone else's body, other than my own.

This is important. And something where it can very easily be said that "wrong" equals "not yours". But I don't think that's always the case. I think it's possible to see your body as both wrong, and your own. And to feel trapped within it.

Speaking personally, I feel more... hmm... trapped inside my own head. I do a lot of work with consciousness. Getting in touch with my subconscious, through relaxation techniques, meditation, trance work, autohypnosis... those kinds of things. The act of shutting the body off and letting the mind be... free, as it were. When free of the physical constraints and allowed to be who I feel myself to be, in every aspect, it's an entirely different, and wholely liberating experience. One I really can't put into words.

Coming back to physical reality can be a very jarring, very uncomfortable experience. For me personally. I suspect different people at different stages of transition will have varying feelings about this... but speaking only for myself... yes, sometimes I do feel trapped. Imprisoned, sometimes. In a world that sees one thing when you feel entirely something else. Like wearing a costume you can't remove. Where you mentally scratch yourself over and over looking for the zipper, to step outside that. And feel worse when you can't find it.

The body is mine, but it isn't right. It isn't a reflection of who I am. And every single time I'm reminded of that, I feel trapped. I feel like screaming "If only you could see the real me you would understand."

So in that sense, I do think it describes how I feel pretty well.

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Cassi on March 29, 2018, 01:54:17 PM
I can relate to this Alli, I've always had a big butt.  Now it's even biggggggggger :)

So you have that donkey booty! Lol it's actually something many women have surgery for

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 29, 2018, 02:13:23 PM
@ Allison:   Great attitude about always being proud of your curves... having those beautiful curves will be a blessing as HRT improves what is already there with your curves, your soft female looking face and your female mental attitude.

I think that I posted a photo in some thread somewhere of my college young-man appearance.   I was a small runt of a guy 5'4", no muscle, no bulk and not a picture at all of a young man.   My face was very soft looking and definitely not masculine at all, with a girlish voice to match, my voice never did drop much with my puberty.   All of that definitely worked for my benefit.  If I would have stayed as a male, I would be most miserable today as I was in high school and college... being around masculine class-mates, especially the jocks, was a constant torture of bullying and rude insults.  I even got less than nice comments from many of the girls back then.

So, Allison, I am glad that you are proud of your curves and I will be happily following your HRT progress as you keep us updated.

Hugs,
Danielle

Oh wow that's so nice of you!!! I didn't experience too much bullying in school but I did experience a LOT of rejection. It was miserable for me too. And yet here you are now.. a true inspiritation and so humble too [emoji4]

I wanna go blonde when my hair gets longer but I want it to reach my behind first! Lol I always liked barbie dolls [emoji12] ok my arrogance is a bit high there but I do have a vivid imagination!!

•  

V M

Quote from: Sephirah on March 29, 2018, 02:31:50 PM
Interesting question. And very interesting replies. Here are my thoughts on it, for what they're worth.

This is important. And something where it can very easily be said that "wrong" equals "not yours". But I don't think that's always the case. I think it's possible to see your body as both wrong, and your own. And to feel trapped within it.

Speaking personally, I feel more... hmm... trapped inside my own head. I do a lot of work with consciousness. Getting in touch with my subconscious, through relaxation techniques, meditation, trance work, autohypnosis... those kinds of things. The act of shutting the body off and letting the mind be... free, as it were. When free of the physical constraints and allowed to be who I feel myself to be, in every aspect, it's an entirely different, and wholely liberating experience. One I really can't put into words.

Coming back to physical reality can be a very jarring, very uncomfortable experience. For me personally. I suspect different people at different stages of transition will have varying feelings about this... but speaking only for myself... yes, sometimes I do feel trapped. Imprisoned, sometimes. In a world that sees one thing when you feel entirely something else. Like wearing a costume you can't remove. Where you mentally scratch yourself over and over looking for the zipper, to step outside that. And feel worse when you can't find it.

The body is mine, but it isn't right. It isn't a reflection of who I am. And every single time I'm reminded of that, I feel trapped. I feel like screaming "If only you could see the real me you would understand."

So in that sense, I do think it describes how I feel pretty well.

Very wise words and relatable description Sephirah  :)

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 29, 2018, 02:16:51 PM
@ Cassie, my alien mother....
I don't think that I did miss your response about me outing your as an alien...  hmmm?   We had a fun time with that exchanging replies.
Danielle

Good, maybe earthlings here will think we were joking, cross your third eye!.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Cassi on March 29, 2018, 03:21:45 PM
Good, maybe earthlings here will think we were joking, cross your third eye!.

....and our 3rd breast!!!  ::)

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 29, 2018, 03:56:55 PM
....and our 3rd breast!!!  ::)

Intially, I was a little upset about you letting our "3rd" breast out of the bag but maybe someone here will feel compassion for us and we'll be able to get or 3 3d Cup Bras for a song??????

( o ) ( o ) ( o )

Oh, wait a minute, your's haven't matured yet:

( o ) ( o ) ( o )
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •