Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Musings on the end of transition. To SRS or not

Started by krobinson103, May 16, 2019, 11:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Devlyn on May 19, 2019, 08:20:31 AM
That's on your local legislators. My home state (Massachusetts) won't allow insurers to do business in the state if they don't provide coverage for transgender healthcare.
I happen to live in one of the most important states for right wingers, Florida.  This state helps to make or break presidential elections.  And the evangelicals fight like hell to keep us abominations as much closeted as it is possible!

Anyway, this does not change anything, because surgeons outside Florida don't disclose either which insurances they take!  Because there are only so few of them, they can afford to act like medical divas!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

krobinson103

As much as the medical system in America seems complex you are lucky in one aspect. There are insurance plans that cover SRS. Here in New Zealand they are excluded and the national system is so underfunded and under resourced that it has no hope of ever keeping up with the demand. Its a lot of money and time to not only pay for srs, but also find a way to keep the money flowing for those 6-10 weeks out of work!

I'm lucky that I have a lot of capital in my house, but, the issue is do I want to go further into debt to pay for something that may in the end, be a non issue.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on May 19, 2019, 02:31:01 PM

I'm lucky that I have a lot of capital in my house, but, the issue is do I want to go further into debt to pay for something that may in the end, be a non issue.
That is what I am contemplating.  I am of an age that one night stands are not very likely anymore, I don't have a domestic partner either, and the way it looks like nobody seems to race to me to be one.  This means the vulva vagina would be only for me.  I don't know if I want to deplete my nest egg enough to pay lots of money for it.
And in fact, I am starting to get some guild feeling that I am "stealing" from the inheritance of my son.  I know that this is stupid, but my parents left some money behind for me,, and I have the strong feeling I need to do the same for my son.  Some kind of passing forward idea.
I now that nothing will change hormonal for me, because the testes are gone for good, and in that aspect I am as much of a woman as I ever can be (I should not forget the one ovary I seem to have), and in reality, the reassignment surgery is nothing but being decorative for me, and just for me, nobody else will likely see it ever.
I can wear any female bottom, even a bathing suit without having telltale bulging, because what I have left of my penis is absolutely atrophied, and is not able for years now, to show any sign of a possible erection.

Will it be an issue for me, or can I live for the rest of the life with what I have? (don't have)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•