News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Christine's Adventures on the "Transition Highway"

Started by christinej78, March 29, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Hello Everyone,                 13 May 2018

Today marks one month w/o nuts; One of the best things I have ever had done to my body.

Weather was nice, slight wind so I did Poison Ivy eradication today. Will repeat the process again tomorrow, weather permitting (low wind).

I am feeling fine, I am happy, low in aggression, calm, sleep well, pee better each day, boobs are starting to poke a tiny bit, the nips are sensitive, my hips and booty seem to be expanding based upon how my jeans and slacks fit (more feminine). I don't think I have lost any strength, I lifted and carried several large logs today w/o any extra effort.

This next week I should be climbing the trees that need work. That will be the real test for strength and stamina; all bets are off until that reality check. My gut says "No Problem." One of my goals is to maintain my male fitness and actually improve it. I know I can never pass as a woman, just too rough around the edges. If the edges were ground off there'd be nothing remaining. I can't live in a fantasy land of my own making. That said, I am having fun, and that's one of the important things that should count for all of us.

Best Always,
Christine

Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

christinej78

Good afternoon everyone,            15 May 2018

Learned something this past week after I had put my previous Estradiol patch on: I had placed it about an inch above my bellybutton, Big mistake. That area has a bit of flab and is subject to a lot of rolling and folding from bending over. It caused the patch to loosen and almost get lost during a shower. I had to add adhesive tape over it to keep it in place until it was time to replace it, which it was today.

Took all the tape and the patch off; lots of residue from the tape but nothing noticeable from the patch, Applied baby oil and let it sit for a few minutes. Was able to get it all off but it took longer than patch residue. Took a shower, and applied the new patch along my side where it isn't subject to bending and folding skin. Lesson learned.

Also need to get the flab off and that means stopping the enormous quantities of junk food starting today. Also need more aerobic exercise so out comes my road bike for a spring cleaning, lube and adjustments. It'll take a couple of weeks riding it before my butt and crotch acclimate themselves to those wonderful road bike saddles (seats). They remind me of the cutting side of a fire axe blade being used for a seat. I did learn several years ago that panty liners of a reasonable thickness are a tremendous help in reducing the pain and suffering (torture).

I had my chest, back and Brazilian area waxed about one week before my orchi surgery. This AM I noticed that the hair on my chest and abdomen is barely noticeable and what is returning is very fine compared to growth prior to HRT and orchi. The hair on my chest has always reminded me of a giant Brillo pad.

That's it for today, I'm going to start my diet tomorrow as I have a lot of junk food to get rid of before commencing it. Just joking, the diet has commenced. I am going to allow a small and measured amount of junk food once a week. My goal is to lose at least 10 pounds of fat, get rid of the flab in front and rebuild my six-pack. We'll see how this goes. If I fail, you be the first to NOT hear about it. I've done this before and I won't fail.

Something I learned long ago was reinforced today: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Years ago I climbed a mountain just to see what I thought would be a beautiful beach on the other side. When I got there all I found was another mountain. Decided to accept what I could accomplish rather than trying to do the impossible.

Best Always,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Laurie

Hi Christine,

I hear you about that tummy problem. I worked decades on my beer belly and now want it gone. I have thought of getting a bicycle but I doubt it would really get that much use. That and I am a loyal opponent to giving up roadways to cyclists that don't like sharing the roads with cars. Here in the Portland area they have been catered to too much and to the expense of motorists. AND it costs them NOTHING. They ride on the sidewalks when they have bike lanes. Few obey traffic laws running stop signs and lights. They block traffic when they feel like it. So I really do not care to join their ranks. I feel road rage at them every time they get catered to and I'm usually not even behind the wheel of my pickup.
  Sorry, sore subject but good exercise. I'll walk.

I try to watch what I eat but I love food. Portion size is my downfall. Good luck with reducing your excesses.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Laurie on May 15, 2018, 09:56:20 PM
Hi Christine,

I hear you about that tummy problem. I worked decades on my beer belly and now want it gone. I have thought of getting a bicycle but I doubt it would really get that much use. That and I am a loyal opponent to giving up roadways to cyclists that don't like sharing the roads with cars. Here in the Portland area they have been catered to too much and to the expense of motorists. AND it costs them NOTHING. The ride on the sidewalks when they have bike lanes. Few obey traffic laws running stop signs and lights. The block traffic when they feel like it. So I really do not care to join their ranks. I feel road rage at them every time they get catered to and I'm usually not even behind the wheel of my pickup.
  Sorry, sore subject but good exercise. I'll walk.

I try to watch what I eat but I love food. Portion size is my downfall. Good luck with reducing your excesses.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Good evening Laurie,                      15 May 2918

I completely agree; I hate bikes mixing with cars on major roadways. I ride in a fairly quiet neighborhood where I just ride laps. I know where the nitwits live so I watch their driveways for stuff coming out in my direction. I wear super bright clothes so no one has an excuse that they didn't see me. Of course that won't do me a lick of good if I am "Road Pizza."

I try to get to where I ride 22 miles every other day; that's as far as I generally push it. Once in a while I'll shoot for 36 miles.

Haven't had any junk food today. Tomorrow, I will make a schedule for my weekly junk treat.

Thanks my Dear.

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

Donna

Would love to take up riding again but back is not going to allow it.
I have been loosing a crazy amount of weight lately and my wife even noted my butt is disappearing. Not what I wanted to hear.
Just healthy food and smaller portions. 1 year and 4 months and 90 pounds lighter now.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Laurie

I want to apologize to responsible cyclists. Many cyclists are good stewards of the roads and ride as they are supposed to obeying laws. These I thank. I will admit that motorists also are part of the problem. My main complaint are those that ride in the middle of back roads blocking the way and city cyclists that have no respect for laws, pedestrians and auto traffic.. But more of all are the politicians that cater to them like is done in Portland.
  I regret my other post can be taken as bashing all bicyclists. That is not my intent.

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Donna on May 15, 2018, 11:01:46 PM
Would love to take up riding again but back is not going to allow it.
I have been loosing a crazy amount of weight lately and my wife even noted my butt is disappearing. Not what I wanted to hear.
Just healthy food and smaller portions. 1 year and 4 months and 90 pounds lighter now.

Hi Donna,             15 May 2018

That's fantastic. I'm sure you feel great. Hope you reach your target goal on schedule.

Quote from: Laurie on May 15, 2018, 11:14:35 PM
  I want to apologize to responsible cyclists. Many cyclists are good stewards of the roads and ride as they are supposed to obeying laws. These I thank. I will admit that motorists also are part of the problem. My main complaint are those that ride in the middle of back roads blocking the way and city cyclists that have no respect for laws, pedestrians and auto traffic.. But more of all are the politicians that cater to them like is done in Portland.
  I regret my other post can be taken as bashing all bicyclists. That is not my intent.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,                    15 May 2018

You won't get any argument from me. I think they're an arrogant bunch. The city here even encourages them to ride on the narrow congested streets. I plane to go to a city council meeting and complain about the city encouraging them to ride on these tiny high traffic roads. Won't do any good, but at least I'll give them a chunk of my mind.

Best Always mis amigas, Love you both.
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Hi everyone,           16 may 2018

Another surprise yesterday, the remainder of my prescription showed up in the mail without me mentioning it was missing. Our Fort Worth VA is getting better. Thanks folks.

Best Always,
Christiene
  •  

christinej78

Hello Everyone,                  17 May 2018

Long day today, too many trees need pruning. They will get done in due time.

Went on a diet; cut out the junk food. It's been only two days and no junk. Checked my weight, down 6 pounds. I'm almost down to the weight I was the day I joined the Navy 55 years ago. I've had one small DumDum lollipop, two 12 ounce bottles of 7up and that's it.

Still haven't made a schedule for my one day of the week for junk.

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                      19 may 2018

Here we are two days beyond the prior update. Weighed myself again, this time with only underwear. One pound over my weight  the day I joined the Navy 55 years ago, two inches shorter and two balls lighter.

Speaking of balls, now that I know how much better I feel physically and mentally without them, my only regret is that I didn't have them removed years ago. Everything is better now, happiness, calmness, disappearing aggression, better sleep. The orchie was one of the most positive things I have ever done to my body and HRT is right in there with it.

I'm letting the "Magic Mushrooms" work their magic; hopefully by November when my 3rd post op is due, I'll have some decent "Speed Bumps" adorning my chest.

If I could pick what I wanted in boobs, I'd want a set like Carol Wayne had. She was two years younger and passed away 13 January 1985 by drowning. She made over 100 appearances on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson appearing as the Matinée Lady.

If I could develop a set like hers were, I'd never get bored; I'd always have nice things to play with.

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Hi Everyone,                      21 May 2018

Here it is, Monday AM, I should be in bed. Any how, I was walking past a full length mirror when I caught a glimpse of my profile... ok, so I looked. I noticed little speed bumps poking out from under my white T-shirt. The ends of those bumps seem more sensitive than they have in the past. Does this mean they are groooowing?

As soon as I figure out how to use the simple camera I bought last year, I'll take a photo of the twins and post them. Are we allowed to do that? Before I do that I think I better consult with a higher authority.

I'm off to LaLa land.

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

Dena

Before you do anything you will regret, street wear and swim wear are ok. Nudity and underwear are not.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Donna

Quote from: christinej78 on May 21, 2018, 01:14:26 AM
Hi Everyone,                      21 May 2018

Here it is, Monday AM, I should be in bed. Any how, I was walking past a full length mirror when I caught a glimpse of my profile... ok, so I looked. I noticed little speed bumps poking out from under my white T-shirt. The ends of those bumps seem more sensitive than they have in the past. Does this mean they are groooowing?

As soon as I figure out how to use the simple camera I bought last year, I'll take a photo of the twins and post them. Are we allowed to do that? Before I do that I think I better consult with a higher authority.

I'm off to LaLa land.

Best Always,
Christine

Welll I sure hope they are growing for you. Nothing better than owning your very own pair of girls
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Dena on May 21, 2018, 01:17:48 AM
Before you do anything you will regret, street wear and swim wear are ok. Nudity and underwear are not.

Quote from: christinej78 on May 21, 2018, 01:14:26 AM

Hi Dena,            21 May 2018

I was just checking to see if you actually read every post; you DO!

Now everyone will know for certain we can NOT gat away with breaking the rules. You passed the test 300%.

100 for reading the post, 100 for how quickly you responded and another 100 for staying up 24 x 7 watching over all your little peeps.

Best Always, Love
Christine

PS:
Right here and now, I'm not trying to be funny; Thank you for keeping Susan's Place and all of us safe. You are our MaMa Hen. Love You
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Donna on May 21, 2018, 02:13:36 AM
Welll I sure hope they are growing for you. Nothing better than owning your very own pair of girls

Hi Donna,                  21 May 2018

Yesterday I was noticing they seemed more sensitive than before. My little dog "Friday" likes me to carry him during part of our walk; he can see better when he is up at my level. When I picked him up and held him close to my chest I noticed a sharp jabbing pain that was more intense that before. Does this mean they might be having a growth spurt?

The last time I went through puberty all I cared about was getting rid of that nasty beard Willy was sprouting. There'd be several hairs poking out so I'd yank them out. Next time I took a bath there'd be twice as many. Kept doing that plucking bit until I realized it was a futile effort. Now I have them all waxed off. 

Friday loves to watch TV; his favorite move is "Shane" staring Alan Ladd. It's a two hour flick and he will watch the whole movie, unlike me who falls asleep through most movies.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Donna

For me my growth spurts have come thru with a solid pain followed by a very strong and intense tingling over several days. They started tingling again last night so hopefully here I go again. My wife won't let me buy any more than one bra at a time now until they pick a size and that difficult with the weight loss as well reducing the band size. Lol so now I have 7 beautiful 40C bras I can't wear anymore, so sad.
I hate shaving but I have shaved the privates for so many years now that the growth is rather slow which I can deal with for now.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Donna on May 21, 2018, 11:12:18 AM
For me my growth spurts have come thru with a solid pain followed by a very strong and intense tingling over several days. They started tingling again last night so hopefully here I go again. My wife won't let me buy any more than one bra at a time now until they pick a size and that difficult with the weight loss as well reducing the band size. Lol so now I have 7 beautiful 40C bras I can't wear anymore, so sad.
I hate shaving but I have shaved the privates for so many years now that the growth is rather slow which I can deal with for now.

Hi Donna,                          21 May 2018

Thanks for the info. The pain I have is only when something presses against the boob right over the nipple.

After I wrote that sentence I started laughing; here I am, almost 78 and I'm talking about my boobs. Forty-eight years ago when I first started wearing women's wear, who would have "thunk" I'd be conversing, via a computer, with a gorgeous lady in Canada, about boobs and their growth patterns. Wow, times have changed and "That Be Progress."

I really like your new avatar; you are gorgeous and HOT. You're so HOT Canada is going to have an early Spring.

Thanks Bunches mis amiga.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Donna

Lol. Too funny. Your making me blush. I can appreciate the beauty of your statements and feel the same about being here and being able to talk about damn near anything.
💗💕donna💗💕
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Donna

So I finally started a thread of my story. It's called " On Becoming Donna" and hopefully it's readable. I'm going to add more as time goes on but I sometimes get to emotional writing.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Donna on May 21, 2018, 02:48:06 PM
Lol. Too funny. Your making me blush. I can appreciate the beauty of your statements and feel the same about being here and being able to talk about damn near anything.
💗💕donna💗💕

Donna, That's the beauty of Susan's Place, we are free to be who we be.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •