Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Christine's Adventures on the "Transition Highway"

Started by christinej78, March 29, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Update and Misc BS                         13 June 2018

It's been one week since I posted on this infamous thread. Finally finished repairing a toilet that had been out of commission forever. Had to replace all moving parts. Nice to have a fully functioning bathroom close to my bedroom.

Visited my endocrinologist Monday to arrange for a bone density scan. My VA doctor suggested it to establish a base line for future reference. The referral should be ready today so I'll give the lab a call after they open.

The transaxle (how about that, a trans machine part) is finished and needs to be reinstalled in the trans-tractor. Do need a bit of help installing it; would hate for it to fall. Already spent $400.00+ on parts for it. Once it's bolted into place the rest will be easy.

Lots of tree work to do along with mowing. Weather has been decent, hot and dry. Do need rain; looks like there may be some at the beginning of next week.

Still haven't done anything with my bike; need to clean and lube it. It's the best method for me to keep in shape without going to a gym.

Since my endoscopy and colonoscopy, I have been eating less red meat and more high fiber foods and have further reduced the junk food. My BMI was 23.83 (18.5 - 24.9 range) at this last endo visit. I spoke to her relative to taking on additional trans folks. She has hired a new endocrinologist who will be starting in August. Once the new doctor is in place they will begin taking on additional trans patients, which is good for our community. Monday 11 June I called for an appointment and was able to get a 1220 hrs that same day.

If you found this post boring, don't feel bad, so did I.

That's about it for this week; off to the shower, slap on a couple new estradiol patches and have breakfast. Have a great week everyone.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine: 
OK now, it has been almost 2 weeks since you have updated your thread.... where have you been and why haven't you kept your readers and followers satisfied with your always interesting and thought provoking updates and pictures? ???

We are a curious bunch so it is past time for you to get on your computer and get your fingers on the keyboard and compose your long awaited posting and update here on your thread.   Your curious followers are indeed waiting impatiently to read what you have to say.

Hugs and well wishes as always...
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 26, 2018, 01:20:23 AM
@christinej78
Dear Christine: 
OK now, it has been almost 2 weeks since you have updated your thread.... where have you been and why haven't you kept your readers and followers satisfied with your always interesting and thought provoking updates and pictures? ???

We are a curious bunch so it is past time for you to get on your computer and get your fingers on the keyboard and compose your long awaited posting and update here on your thread.   Your curious followers are indeed waiting impatiently to read what you have to say.

Hugs and well wishes as always...
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                            26 June 2018

Holy moly, it's been 15 days since I posted on this thread. Let's see... what have I been doing that's boring during that time; everything:

1. Cleaning up my office, which hasn't been attended to since 2014. Reason: Don't like doing things I don't like doing.

2. Upgrading my PC's peripheral items: New illuminated Logitech keyboard. Now I can sit here in total darkness and find the keys I need while using the "Hunt and Peck" method of typing. I used to type over 200 words per minute. Problem was no one, including me, could read it. I added a 7 port USB 3.0 externally powered hub with a charging port. Added a Logitech Pro Webcam and a home grown camera stand that is quite nifty, if I say so myself.  My goal is to get Skype up and running soon. I did download Skype home version then deleted it with the intent of using Skype for Business. After consultation with Dena, I decided to take her advise and use the home version. The Business version costs money, Skype is owned by Micro Limp, who I detest with a passion so I will not be putting any more money in Bill and Malinda Gates' pockets. My next PC will NOT be running Windows; there's better stuff out there like Mac. I do not have stock in either. I do have several things in common with Bill gates; we both have been in: 1. the computer business; 2. In jail. If you don't believe me, look him up; he was arrested by the Albuquerque, NM police on 29 April 1975.

3. Had my "Bone Density" scan/test this past Friday. I asked the lady that tested me how my bones looked; she said they would probably make good soup. I should find out today from my endocrinologist whether that was a valid or fake CNN evaluation.

4. Over these past 2+ weeks we have had some windy weather. At one point it seemed like we were in a typhoon. I have been in them numerous times while working aboard ship operating in the Pacific Ocean. If you have never been in one, don't go looking for one because they are violent and dangerous. They are probably more dangerous than visiting and eating at "Mickey D's" "grommet" establishments. They really should supply free Ex Lax for desert with each order.

I did manage to do a fair amount of tree work during these past couple of weeks. Now all I have to do is clean up the branches that are scattered around the pasture. I have half a notion to call in someone with a large chipper to turn the branches into compost.

5. I have outed myself to just about everyone I know that I care about, a whopping total of 1 peoples. Unfortunately, I think that friendship turned out to be a pseudo friendship. I see it as a positive; I no longer feel obligated to send them Get Well cards. Yes, outing oneself is a very rewarding endeavor; you truly find out who your real friends are. One nice thing about my situation, having had only one friend, I didn't lose much. This brings to mind my Coyote friend I met last year. She initiated the friendship, which I felt was the highest honor I have ever received. She just liked being with me; if I called her she would come within 5 minutes if she was in hearing range. On 06 July 2017, she said goodbye and went off with the mate she selected. I miss her more than I miss most people on this planet. I knew she had to go away so she could be what she was supposed to be, a Real Coyote, a mate and Mom. Believe me, this portion of this thread is one of the truest things I have written about. This ain't no Sea Story nor BS

6. I have been letting my hair grow; nothing new to report on this item, still looks like moth eaten cotton. I'll give the magic mushrooms a year before I declare victory or just shave it all off like I had done the previous 14 years. I realize I'm not a spring chicken, I'll never be an attractive woman (there's not enough money on earth for that to happen) so most likely I'll just continue dressing as I have done for the past 6+ years and let people think what they want to think. All I care about in my transition is that I am happy with who and what I am. As long as I don't do something to harm someone other than me, I'll be fine and no one should take issue with it, though there will always be some Jack-Ass that will take issue with someone else's business.

7. My plan is to get Skype up and running within the last five days of June. The only thing that worries me is folks will be  able to see my messy office. It's my office so I can have it look like Albert Einstein's office did when he was alive.

8. I'm sure I have missed something. If I remember something please rest assured I'll forget it before I post again.

Ok Danielle, I posted for you, now answer these questions please:

a. Which model and cal. S&W did you take on your camping trip?

b. Did you practice with it before the trip or are you highly experienced with these toys?

c. If a Grizzly was charging you: would you run, stand your ground, climb a tree, play dead, start shooting.

That's it for this morning; it's 0656 hrs. CDT and I need to get to bed so I can get up this morning pretending like I had a good night's rest. I'm going to cheat and have a bowl of Ice Cream before I crash.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

christinej78

Welcome you-all,                         27 June 2018

Time for an early update:

Yesterday late afternoon I received a phone call from my endocrinologist. This past Friday I had a Bone Density Scan at Baylor, Scott and White in Grapevine Texas. She called me with the results of that test.

I have been diagnosed with Osteopenia; what this means is my bones are not as strong as they should be, but are not so weak that I am prone to breakage, otherwise known as Osteoporosis.

Since what she told me is relative to osteopenia and nothing to do with trans issues, and the meds are over the counter and the info is readily available on the net, I will disclose what I am supposed to do.

My  normal consumption of fat  free milk is about 2 gallons per week. I take a multi vitamin that has Vitamin D3 listed as 1000 IU 250% DV. She suggested adding another 1000 IU so I bought an OTC bottle of D3 50 mcg (2000 IU), which I will add to my daily Vitamin regime. I also take a 1000 mg Vitamin C tablet with rose hips. I presume the rose  hips are to help feminize my hips.

I have an appointment on the 30th of next month for a hormone check and a follow-up on my Osteopenia. At this juncture my bones wouldn't make good soup.

Guess it's time to hit the gym and start pumping Aluminum (easier than Iron and is more impressive looking). I know I'll never be an attractive woman, so I have decided to become a "hguot drah dessa hctib."

This concludes my transition update. I have transitioned surgically as far as I desire. I want nothing further than the Orchie I had this past April.

If and when I beat my body into something I like, I'll be back.

FIN

Hasta Luego mis amigos,
Christine

PS:

Rather than post again, I am editing my last post to keep my promise to my self. I meant this post to be my last post on this site and it is.

I realize this site is not mine, it belongs to Susan and she makes the rules. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with how some things are handled. Yesterday, and early this AM I decided to leave this site until the issues are resolved. I'm not the only one concerned about them.

I love the people here, and that is everyone. I will miss you folks and will work to help find a solution to these issues.

There are some of you that I feel very close to; you know who you are. I believe you have my contact info; please feel free to use it for your own use.

I hope everyone here that needs help finds it and has a successful and happy life. Everyone deserves a chance.

May God Bless each and every one of You, your Families, Pets and Friends.

Best Always, All My Love,
Christine
                                                                FIN
  •  

pamelatransuk

Thank you Christine. I have enjoyed following your story.

I like your latest comment about the Rose Hips.

I wish you every happiness and I hope you will stay on Susans as your posts are most enlightening.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Northern Star Girl

SNIPPED:
Quote from: christinej78 on June 27, 2018, 01:37:39 AM

- - - - - - - - - - -

Guess it's time to hit the gym and start pumping Aluminum (easier that Iron and is more impressive.) I know I'll never be an attractive woman, so I have decided to become a "hguot drah dessa hctib."

This concludes my transition update. I have transitioned surgically as far as I desire. I want nothing further than the Orchie I had this past April.

FIN

Hasta Luego mis amigos,
Christine

Dear Chistine:   Sorry to hear about your latest medical news but the report from your doctor and your frame of mind about how you are dealing with this latest health issue give me the impression that this is not a life ending condition... so that is good news as far as I am concerned.

Now, what I am concerned about is how you worded and phrased your last few sentences....
First, the good news:    I love your attitude about your transition and how you have accepted your progress as good as it will get without further surgical intervention.   I wish I could hear that kind of self realization and self acceptance from more transitioners on here.   Obviously if expectations are unrealistically too high, one is setting themselves up for major disappointment... as I have seen that happen.   In life we have to play the cards that we are dealt and we don't always get an Aces high full house or a Royal Flush.

Second, the disappointing news:   When you stated "I'll be back" and signed off with "Hasta Luego mis amigos" (see you later my friends)   .... I did not like how all of that sounds.   I, for one, am expecting to see and read further updates and comments from you on your thread and other various threads around the forums as you have be doing here on Susan's....

Dear Miss Christine:  Don't you dare leave us hanging here... without your constant presence to remind us all of how life is for a late bloomer.... we all want to know this important information that you dole out on your postings.   You have been here on the Forums for over 3 months, my dear friend on here, our own beautiful @Jessica warmly welcomed you when you became a member on March 16th, you are a Gold Subscriber,  and have posted 374 times since then.... 
...so Miss Christine, we are not anywhere being done listening to your story....  your followers and readers are a curious sort, and we want to know what you know and what you have to continue offering us.   So get back on your Texas horse or longhorn and continue on here on the Forums.

I am done (for now) with my tirade aimed at you so far... there may be more to come... so prepare yourself.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Donna

Quote from: christinej78 on June 27, 2018, 01:37:39 AM

Yesterday late afternoon I received a phone call from my endocrinologist. This past Friday I had a Bone Density Scan at Baylor, Scott and White in Grapevine Texas. She called me with the results of that test.

I have been diagnosed with Osteopenia; what this means is my bones are not as strong as they should be, but are not so weak that I am prone to breakage, otherwise known as Osteoporosis.

Since what she told me is relative to osteopenia and nothing to do with trans issues, and the meds are over the counter and the info is readily available on the net, I will disclose what I am supposed to do.

My  normal consumption of fat  free milk is about 2 gallons per week. I take a multi vitamin that has Vitamin D3 listed as 1000 IU 250% DV. She suggested adding another 1000 IU so I bought an OTC bottle of D3 50 mcg (2000 IU), which I will add to my daily Vitamin regime. I also take a 1000 mg Vitamin C tablet with rose hips. I presume the rose  hips are to help feminize my hips.

I have an appointment on the 30th of next month for a hormone check and a follow-up on my Osteopenia. At this juncture my bones wouldn't make good soup.

Guess it's time to hit the gym and start pumping Aluminum (easier than Iron and is more impressive looking). I know I'll never be an attractive woman, so I have decided to become a "hguot drah dessa hctib."

FIN

Hasta Luego mis amigos,
Christine

PS:

Rather than post again, I am editing my last post to keep my promise to my self. I meant this post to be my last post on this site and it is.

I realize this site is not mine, it belongs to Susan and she makes the rules. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with how some things are handled. Yesterday, and early this AM I decided to leave this site until the issues are resolved. I'm not the only one concerned about them.

I love the people here, and that is everyone. I will miss you folks and will work to help find a solution to these issues.

There are some of you that I feel very close to; you know who you are. I believe you have my contact info; please feel free to use it for your own use.

I hope everyone here that needs help finds it and has a successful and happy life. Everyone deserves a chance.

May God Bless each and every one of You, your Families, Pets and Friends.

Best Always, All My Love,
Christine
                                                                FIN

Oh Christine o am going to miss you girl. Wish you could stay and work things out but you have to do what you have to do. Remember you have friends here and we all support you. I've enjoyed our chats and always look forward to hearing from you either here or PM. Please stay in touch girl. 💕💗Love Donna💗💗
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

christinej78

Hi Everyone,                   Friday 13 July 2018

It has been exactly 3 months since my Orchiectomy Friday 13 April 2018. By the way, this is the last Friday the 13th for this year (Thanks Dena for that info).

The information I have for you-all is, in my opinion, more important than my promise to not post here:

As I mentioned l have been diagnosed with Osteopenia. This can be caused by several things, for example: low Testosterone, low Estrogen, lack of weight bearing exercise, little to no exercise and LONG TERM USE of Prilosec/Omeprazole.

My "T" after the orchie was 10 and my estradiol was 58, which my endocrinologist is happy with. This is not the cause of my osteopenia, it is too short of a time period to have had any detrimental affects and I am on Estradiol, which takes over for the missing "T."

I recently saw my Gastroenterologist's PA and asked to get off the Prilosec/Omeprazole and on to something else. Unfortunately, I have a condition that needs proton pump inhibitors so this was not possible. She recommended additional Vitamin D3 and the addition of a calcium citrate supplement, which is a natural form of calcium as opposed to most other forms which are made from calcium carbonate, "ground up rock" (an easy explanation), which can be found in much of the fat free milk sold in stores. If you are lucky enough to live within a 350 mile radius of Tuttle, Oklahoma, you can probably find a Braum's Dairy store; their fat free milk uses the calcium from milk, as they use two gallons of whole milk to make one gallon of Fat Free milk. I am fortunate, I have Braum's Dairy stores close by and buy their milk exclusively. Actually, I need to go there this morning as I am down to about a small glass full.

Please do yourself and everyone that loves you a favor and have a Bone Density Scan, especially if you have been on Proton Pump Inhibitors long term.

I do watch this site as a visitor so I can keep abreast of you all. To keep you abreast of my breasts, they are a growin, and becoming quite noticeable  :) :) :), and I love it. One of the fun things is watching men look at me (I wear a lot of pink, which is one of my favorite colors) and seeing them stare at my chest. That's positive affirmation.

All is well here, been doing some heavy tree work :) and enjoying it. The weather has been fairly warm, high 90s and low 100s :) :).

Dear Chelsea, I hope everything is improving for you and hope you know I do care a lot for you. Please take care of yourself, you're very important to everyone here at Susan's.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
.....  WELCOME BACK TO YOUR THREAD and back to the Susan's Forums.

***I, for one, missed seeing your presence here.

Thank you for posting your last update today... and for your "good news" report....
...and for keeping your followers and readers informed about your life events.

Hugs, and well wishes to you,
Danielle

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Christine

It was a wonderful surprise to see you have returned to posting. I hope you continue to post but I understand we all need a break at times.

I thank you for your advice and which I thoroughly support as I have had bone problems since 2007 and have regular bone density scans and have previously had infusions. All is well at present and my next BDS should be April 2019 (previous was January 2017) and of course when I attend for the BDS, they will see my medical records and note like you that I am on HRT.

I doubt I will be public by April 2019 - wish I could be though!

Love to you

Pamela  xx

•  

christinej78

Quote from: pamelatransuk on July 14, 2018, 06:56:38 AM
Hello Christine

It was a wonderful surprise to see you have returned to posting. I hope you continue to post but I understand we all need a break at times.

I thank you for your advice and which I thoroughly support as I have had bone problems since 2007 and have regular bone density scans and have previously had infusions. All is well at present and my next BDS should be April 2019 (previous was January 2017) and of course when I attend for the BDS, they will see my medical records and note like you that I am on HRT.

I doubt I will be public by April 2019 - wish I could be though!

Love to you

Pamela  xx

Hi Pamela,                   15 July 2018

Thank you very much; happy to be back. Like I said, I watched as a visitor.

Bone problems are nothing to ignore as you are obviously aware. My osteopenia is kind of strange; it's in my right hip and spine, the left hip is fine. Go figure. I've been on Prilosec/Omeprazole for over 20 years. I wish I could get off of it but I have a hiatal hernia. During my first endoscopy, they found my esophagus to be so irritated it looked like the red butts of the zoo monkeys that have the distinction of owning them. I have the pictures here somewhere but doubt that they would pass muster if I posted them. That irritation caused a lot of scar tissue to build up in that area, which necessitates dilation periodically. This whole thing caused a problem called dysphasia (trouble swallowing), which then leads to choking. I have to be extra careful when eating, small bites, water handy and never swallow after having exhaled. I need that air to cough the stuck food out. Nice subject... ugh.

I hope you have your issues totally under control. Best to get after these thing early on before they become more serious.

Why not go public now? This day and age hardly anyone cares and the only stares I get are from men, which I do enjoy. I love the confused look on their faces.

Gotta run, late for a Skype visit.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                             26 July 2018

Things are moving along; Have met a very nice and beautiful young lady I like a lot. I'm a lot older than she is so I'm hoping the age difference isn't an obstacle. The fact that I fell asleep and fell out of my chair the last time we had dinner probably didn't help my case and the fact that she had to tie a rope around the chair and me just so we could finish eating didn't win me any points either.

Here's the part I left out in my original post on someone else's thread: When it was time to go home, she had to load me into a wheelbarrow and push me out to the cab. I just hope I can recover my dignity enough that she will have dinner with me tomorrow. I will load up on No-Doze and several energy drinks so I don't have a repeat performance. I have to get this old age thing under control. My mind thinks I'm 25 and the mirror tells me I'm 125.

Have another dinner date this evening. Now if I can only remember where this other lady lives.

Gotta go now; I shall return.

Best Always. Love,
Christine

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on July 26, 2018, 03:03:18 PM

Things are moving along; Have met a very nice and beautiful young lady I like a lot. I'm a lot older than she is so I'm hoping the age difference isn't an obstacle. The fact that I fell asleep and fell out of my chair the last time we had dinner probably didn't help my case and the fact that she had to tie a rope around the chair and me just so we could finish eating didn't win me any points either.

Here's the part I left out in my original post on someone else's thread: When it was time to go home, she had to load me into a wheelbarrow and push me out to the cab. I just hope I can recover my dignity enough that she will have dinner with me tomorrow. I will load up on No-Doze and several energy drinks so I don't have a repeat performance. I have to get this old age thing under control. My mind thinks I'm 25 and the mirror tells me I'm 125.

Have another dinner date this evening. Now if I can only remember where this other lady lives.

Best Always. Love,
Christine

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Your readers and I will be anxiously awaiting your next installment of "Dinnertime with younger women" ...
Perhaps during the dinner you need to keep sipping lots of hot black coffee, you know, the kind you used to drink when you were in the Navy... that will keep you awake for sure.

Hmm, having troubles keeping all of your lady friends sorted out? 
Perhaps you should have an "old school" black book to keep names, numbers and date appointments... mixups are not a good thing when it comes to the ladies.   
Hint, if you just address them by "Dear" or "Honey" then there will not be the danger of mixing up names and calling her by the wrong name... that usually ends the date very quickly.

Good luck in advance... I hope that things go well for you tonight.
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 26, 2018, 03:14:02 PM
@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Your readers and I will be anxiously awaiting your next installment of "Dinnertime with younger women" ...
Perhaps during the dinner you need to keep sipping lots of hot black coffee, you know, the kind you used to drink when you were in the Navy... that will keep you awake for sure.

Hmm, having troubles keeping all of your lady friends sorted out? 
Perhaps you should have an "old school" black book to keep names, numbers and date appointments... mixups are not a good thing when it comes to the ladies.   
Hint, if you just address them by "Dear" or "Honey" then there will not be the danger of mixing up names and calling her by the wrong name... that usually ends the date very quickly.

Good luck in advance... I hope that things go well for you tonight.
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                          27 July 2018

I got back from my dinner date; had a wonderful time, didn't fall out of the chair, found her home after a few trips around the block. Took those few before I recognized her standing out front. I just thought it was a hitchhiker thumbing a ride.

My eyesight ain't what it used to be; I'm almost to the point where I need a "driving eye dog." I do have a new prescription for glasses so I'll take it to the VA in the morning and drop it off at the eyeball store; have to go there to have my hearing appliances repaired. The right aid eats power cells like they were gummy bears, causing the batteries to leak and ooze battery gunk in my ear. Sure doing a number on my right ear. It's causing the hair in my ear to grow  10 times faster than normal.

This is a really nice lady; I've had dinner with her twice now. Now please keep all this under your hats, neither one of them know about each other and they don't know about this site, thank goodness.

All went well, I behaved myself as best that I could; don't think I committed too many faux pas. All in all it was a successful evening, well almost. I accidently ran over her foot as I was leaving. She didn't yell too much so I guess it wasn't hurt too bad. I did call her when I got home; she was in the emergency room having a cast put on her right leg.

Gotta go now, will update latter today.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

•  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:   I am glad that your dinner date went well, considering that you almost ran over her with your car. 

Regarding your other comments, I am having a difficult time knowing if you are telling a true story or if you are kidding... I know that you like to kid around... which is good... laughter is good medicine.

Thanks for keeping us updated....
   Oh, by the way, the rule here on the forums is  ... "Pictures or it didn't happen"  ... so we need to see pictures, or is your date camera shy???   Since she is in the emergency room and has a cast on her broken leg, she won't be able to run away from you so easily now.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 27, 2018, 12:52:44 AM
@christinej78
Dear Christine:   I am glad that your dinner date went well, considering that you almost ran over her with your car. 

Regarding your other comments, I am having a difficult time knowing if you are telling a true story or if you are kidding... I know that you like to kid around... which is good... laughter is good medicine.

Thanks for keeping us updated....
   Oh, by the way, the rule here on the forums is  ... "Pictures or it didn't happen"  ... so we need to see pictures, or is your date camera shy???   Since she is in the emergency room and has a cast on her broken leg, she won't be able to run away from you so easily now.

Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                              27 July 2018

Being a fairly compassionate soul, I drove on down to the emergency room to see my lady friend. They had just finished her whole body cast. As bad as this appeared to be, I couldn't figure out why she didn't scream louder. I'd have at least stopped and hauled her down to the local "Doc-In-The-Box" that's open 24x7.

Needless to say, my stock seems to have dropped big time; when I came up close to shake her hand and ask her if I could sign her brand new cast, she threw the bed pan at me... and it weren't empty. I kind of think she may have been upset over something. She kind of acted as though she had been subjected to severe trauma of some sort.

I tried my durnedest to calm her down, which  didn't work so I got  her onto a gurney and wheeled her out to the parking lot. Problem was, by the time I found my car I forgot she was in the parking lot and drove home without her.

I have a feeling I won't be seeing much of her anymore; she didn't even thank me for getting her to the parking lot. Just can't please some folks these days.

About the camera and photos, I bought a camera about 2 years ago and I still haven't figured out how to make it work. I went out to YoobTube and the guy demonstrating how to use it only spoke Chinese and the subtitles were in Korean. Didn't do me a nickels worth of good. When I finally figure out where to turn it on I'll let you know.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

christinej78

OK, do you want the Whole truth and nothing but the truth" Here's the whole truth of what I have written over the past few posts:

Things are moving along; Have met a very nice and beautiful young lady I like a lot. I'm a lot older than she is so I'm hoping the age difference isn't an obstacle.

Best Always. Love,
Christine
------------------------------------------

Hi Danielle,                          27 July 2018

I got back from my dinner date; had a wonderful time, didn't fall out of the chair,

This is a really nice lady; I've had dinner with her twice now.

All went well, I behaved myself as best that I could; don't think I committed too many faux pas. All in all it was a successful evening

Gotta go now, will update latter today.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

Hi Danielle,                              27 July 2018

Best Always, Love,
Christine
                                   27 July 2018
The above are the truthful elements of my last three posts. The text that follows is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth:

I had dinner with Tia Anne Thursday evening; she was in town so we got together for dinner and a wonderful conversation.  The first time we had dinner was almost two months ago.

She's an absolutely beautiful and wonderful lady. I like her a lot and enjoy her company. Hopefully I'll get to meet her wife one of these days. I'll let her tell you the rest of the story.

The first lady exists; I like her a lot, more so than I have wanted to like anyone for a long time. She is absolutely beautiful and a fantastic lady. We see each other occasionally but not as often as I'd like; logistics are a problem. Time will tell where things will go. I have to keep in mind that I have been single for 35 years and I will have completed 78 orbits around the sun on "Space Ship Earth" in a few days. That's when I qualify for my astronauts patch.

Why am I telling you this here on Susan's website? Most of you know I goof around and kid quite a bit' probably enough to get my butt kicked off the site.

I have told my lady friend how I feel; by making it public I hope she will know I am serious and not in kidding mode. One of the problems that come with kidding around too much is no one takes you seriously. Where  will things go? Only time will tell. Had I done nothing, nothing is the only thing that could have happened. I have always believed that if you want something, ask for it; you have a 50/50 chance of getting a yes. If you don't ask, your chances are near zero. I like the odds for asking.

The last part brings to mind a question asked of Babe Ruth and his answer. Someone asked Babe how he managed to hit so many home runs. His answer was, and I have to paraphrase here: "Most people don't know that I hold the record for being struck out. You can't hit the ball unless you swing the bat."

Good night, I have an appointment at the Fort Worth VA outpatient Clinic at 1100 hrs. today.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello Christine

Thank you for all your stories especially those of yesterday and today. I really appreciate your humour.

I am truly happy that you have found a young lady you are very fond of and that you have let her know how you feel.

I wish you success both in romance and on your journey in general.

Hugs

Pamela

77 or 78 is not too old and anyway as you stated, your mind tells you that you are 25.

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                     29 July 2018

While typing what was to be this post, it was blown away by my wonderful fat fingers hitting the wrong key; which one? I haven't a clue. This has happened so many time you would think this brain dead author would write her posts on another medium rather than IE, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Time for a new PC.

Did see my beautiful lady friend today; she is fine. I think I have previously mentioned that I have been single 35 years; I miss spoke, it should have read "been on my own 35 years." I was separated two years before the divorce so technically, I have been single 33 years.

During all those years I have worked hard to construct and maintain a wall around myself to protect me from becoming romantically involved with another woman. I have dated several nice ladies but never allowed them to cross over to my side. The wall I built was impenetrable, no one ever breached it...... Until Now.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on July 29, 2018, 05:51:03 AM
Hi Folks,                     29 July 2018

While typing what was to be this post, it was blown away by my wonderful fat fingers hitting the wrong key; which one? I haven't a clue. This has happened so many time you would think this brain dead author would write her posts on another medium rather than IE, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Time for a new PC.

Did see my beautiful lady friend today; she is fine. I think I have previously mentioned that I have been single 35 years; I miss spoke, it should have read "been on my own 35 years." I was separated two years before the divorce so technically, I have been single 33 years.

During all those years I have worked hard to construct and maintain a wall around myself to protect me from becoming romantically involved with another woman. I have dated several nice ladies but never allowed them to cross over to my side. The wall I built was impenetrable, no one ever breached it...... Until Now.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

@christinej78
Dear Christine:   Wow-whee, what wonderful NEWS that you are reporting!!!   You need to tell us more about this very lucky young lady that you are infatuated with.

Where did you meet?   Please describe her in more detail.  What does she do for a living?  What do both of you like to do when being with each other on a date?  Where do you both like to go when on a date?  What things do you talk about when just relaxing and conversing?

Just to make certain that you know the rules here on the forums...
    "Pictures or it didn't happen"    Of course, like I do in many cases you can mask the person's face to conceal her appearance and give her some privacy... 

Again, Christine, I am very happy for you as I am certain that all of your readers and followers are as well.
Please keep us updated about this exciting NEWS.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

•