Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Christine's Adventures on the "Transition Highway"

Started by christinej78, March 29, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 29, 2018, 08:26:25 AM
@christinej78
Dear Christine:   Wow-whee, what wonderful NEWS that you are reporting!!!   You need to tell us more about this very lucky young lady that you are infatuated with.

Where did you meet?   Please describe her in more detail.  What does she do for a living?  What do both of you like to do when being with each other on a date?  Where do you both like to go when on a date?  What things do you talk about when just relaxing and conversing?

Just to make certain that you know the rules here on the forums...
    "Pictures or it didn't happen"    Of course, like I do in many cases you can mask the person's face to conceal her appearance and give her some privacy... 

Again, Christine, I am very happy for you as I am certain that all of your readers and followers are as well.
Please keep us updated about this exciting NEWS.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                               29 July 2018

I appreciate your comments and your desire to know more. More than anything else, I have to do whatever I can to protect her; she is aware of Susan's Place and the fact that I post here and write about our relationship in very guarded terms. I do not want our relationship to become fuel for a tabloid three ring circus. She means more to me than anyone else has ever meant to me in my entire life. I'm not about to jeopardize our relationship as it is and as I hope it will grow to be. I am sure you and everyone on Susan's Place understands and respects my decision.

If at some point in time she decides to post about our relationship on this site, she can decide what she wants to make public. She is an extremely intelligent and rational woman, and I respect and applaud whatever decision she makes.

I did mention that I will no longer be writing goofy posts/stories trying to be funny. That part of me here at Susan's is dead; the "Funny Man's" is history. My plan is to post what I hope will be informative, helpful, factual and uplifting. If something funny and or embarrassing happens to me, is true and does not cause harm to anyone other than me, then I will post it.

I have another post to make, which is the one I attempted to make earlier when my fat fingers interrupted the process and purged the system of my entire text. I shall return after I post this and take care of my kids, Abbie, Friday, and Ella; they appreciate having their meals and walks on time, every time.

Hasta luego mis amigas.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Susan Baum

Quote from: christinej78 on July 29, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
I did mention that I will no longer be writing goofy posts/stories trying to be funny. That part of me here at Susan's is dead; the "Funny Man's" is history. My plan is to post what I hope will be informative, helpful, factual and uplifting. If something funny and or embarrassing happens to me, is true and does not cause harm to anyone other than me, then I will post it.

Christine, mi amiga,
It's OK if the Funny Man rides off into the sunset - but only if he's replaced by the Good Humor Lady.

Lord knows you never want or intend to hurt others but the way you relate to us with your (ahem) different and (possibly) offbeat view of your life's events gives a whole passel of us varmints reasons to smile.

Protect and shield your new friend; we'll meet her when she's ready to meet us.

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Susan Baum on July 29, 2018, 06:16:37 PM
Christine, mi amiga,
It's OK if the Funny Man rides off into the sunset - but only if he's replaced by the Good Humor Lady.

Lord knows you never want or intend to hurt others but the way you relate to us with your (ahem) different and (possibly) offbeat view of your life's events gives a whole passel of us varmints reasons to smile.

Protect and shield your new friend; we'll meet her when she's ready to meet us.

Susan

Thank You Susan,                     29 July 2018

I appreciate your understanding of where I am coming from. She means so much to me; even I cannot find all the words to describe how I feel about her and how happy she makes me. I wish I could be with her 24 X 7, but life's circumstances prevail. I am working on my plans to rectify this so I will have the flexibility to do what needs to be done. Her happiness and safety are of paramount importance to me.

She managed to penetrate my wall undetected by me until she was in. My thinking is when I was constructing it, the Man upstairs fixed my plans so she had a way in that only she could detect and use. I am grateful for his intervention in my life now, in the past and in the future.

Ah, the "Good Humor Lady," I like that and will have her come out once in a while when appropriate. I thank you for her.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                            30 July 2018

Trans Update
Yesterday was VA Clinic day; some good and some eh. Arrived at the audiology department about 2 minutes late, not a big deal. Reported in for my appointment; the receptionist looked me up in the computer and said: "You don't have an appointment, your last appointment was 30 May 18." I know I made the appointment, it was in my computer. She offered me the opportunity to wait as a "Walk-In" which I took. About an hour and a half later, I got in to see a technician. He said all the corrosion in the right aid was caused by perspiration. He asked me if I sweat heavily around the right ear. I told him no more so than the left ear. Rather than argue with him, he was bigger than me, I asked him to make me an appointment with my hearing doctor. I now have an appointment at 1130 hrs. 07 September 18 to see the doctor and order the new appliances. As of now, I'm stuck using my original hearing aids, which are at least 7 or 8 years old. They work better than no aids but not much.

Next it was downstairs to kill time before my appointment at the Women's Clinic. Stopped at the snack bar, bought a large Coke and sat down. I got to thinking of the eye exam I had a couple of weeks prior and decided to have a talk with the lady checking folks in. I told her the eye exam I had there at the VA was suspect and that I went to my civilian eye doctor and had another exam, which was more comprehensive than the 5 minute quickie exam by the "In-and-Out-Burger" guy , who was moonlighting as an eye doctor at the VA. I asked if I could have them fill my prescription from my real eye doctor rather than the burger guy. NO Such Luck, they only fill prescriptions they produce. I said Thanks but No Thanks, I'll just buy my glasses at WallyWorld.

Went back to the snack bar and sipped some of my Coke until it was time to head to the Women's Clinic. As luck would have it, I got a really nice young lady that helped me get myself "Officially" transferred to the Women's  clinic. I now have an appointment 24 August with my new VA doctor. That made my day.

Next post: Today's Update.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine.... the Good Humor Lady  ;)    I like that new moniker of yours... humor and happy attitudes are not only encouraging and helpful to others but also can make you feel better about life and about yourself.

Your update is really good news for you in a lot of ways.
Congratulations on getting your appointment next month with your new VA doctor.... you have that really nice young lady to thank for that.

Again, thank you for updating your readers and followers.
Hugs and well wishes...
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Tatiana 79

Dear Christine

I just read through your whole thread and found it incredibly inspirational with your positive attitude.
I know that I'm late contributing to your thread,  but as Danielle said there are some of us waiting to hear about your current events and I'm so happy to hear about your budding relationship and dare I say it could lead to the L word, which I most sincerely hope you find because I believe it is Life's greatest gift to experience and share together.
Thank you so much for your help in the past and I'm looking forward to sharing our futures together because much of what we have done in our lives is very similar.

And I see that you like to play in trees do you ?
  I'm going to have to p.m. you some stories I think you'll find amusing about some of my playing with trees.

All my very best to you
Love Tatiana
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 30, 2018, 06:11:26 PM
@christinej78
Dear Christine.... the Good Humor Lady  ;)    I like that new moniker of yours... humor and happy attitudes are not only encouraging and helpful to others but also can make you feel better about life and about yourself.

Your update is really good news for you in a lot of ways.
Congratulations on getting your appointment next month with your new VA doctor.... you have that really nice young lady to thank for that.

Again, thank you for updating your readers and followers.
Hugs and well wishes...
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                      31 July 2018

Thank you for the nice comments; Susan Baum deserves the credit for the "Good Humor Lady." , which was her idea. Honestly, I'd never have thought of it. As soon as I saw her suggestion I jumped on it.

Continued 01 August 2018 Had to suspend writing; important issues to address.

My favorite person in the world, deserves all of the credit for helping me see that my sometimes stupid and caustic remarks are not helpful to anyone. She is a blessing in my life; she makes my life have purpose and worth living to it's fullest.

I'm far behind in my updates / posting. Shopped for a new PC, bought my first Dell. Now all I have to is install it and download all the files from my old HP unit. The HP has been a problem child since the day it was brought home from the maternity ward. As soon as it arrived it began  exhibiting anti social behavior Hopefully this task will be completed by this afternoon and the Dell will make Michael proud.

Visited my Endocrinologist Monday afternoon. We discussed my progress with HRT. She had the nurse draw blood for a hormone check. She said there was no need to test for testosterone as the supply line has been severed and there is no chance they have returned from the medical waste dump. I should get a report today or tomorrow. If my Estradiol hasn't gone up she plans to increase the dosage. What ever she does, I hope it ups the size of the headlights.

Stopped by the local WallyWorld emporium and selected new frames for my next set of peepers. When i'm searching for new frames I never look at the price tag until I have selected the style I want. Only then will I look. The pair I selected are very pretty, are a translucent reddish pink, almost a Candy Apple red. They looked stunning on this old biddy and her pink outfit. Looked at the price tag and almost passed out from sticker shock. They cost a whopping $9.00. I thought I was seeing things or there was a mix up with the price tag. Nope, they were about the pretties and cheapest frames I have ever purchased. They should be ready the 8th of August.

Unfortunately, when I picked out the frames I didn't have my prescription so I had to wait until Tuesday the 31st to pick up  a copy of my prescription and take it to the nice lady at WallyWorld's eye-ball store.

I know I'm forgetting something; just don't remember what I forgot. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense until you consider the source.

Think I had better close this post out and post it so I can edit it in the afternoon while I'm trying to figure out what it was that I said.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

EDIT NOTE:It did need some editing; I did fall asleep several times before I posted it.
  •  

Susan Baum

Quote from: christinej78 on August 01, 2018, 04:47:16 AM
I know I'm forgetting something; just don't remember what I forgot. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense until you consider the source.

Think I had better close this post out and post it so I can edit it in the afternoon while I'm trying to figure out what it was that I said.
Hi, Christine,
Between recalcitrant computers, medical waste and CRS (Can't Remember Squat) disease, I think the Good Humor Lady is making her debut. (Interesting word, debut. Can't type it without thinking about my own too-large caboose.  :P)

Thank you for the credit, but I really never quite thought of you as a man; you've always been a lady in my eyes. Opinionated, maybe, but always a lady.

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Susan Baum on August 01, 2018, 01:51:02 PM
Hi, Christine,
Between recalcitrant computers, medical waste and CRS (Can't Remember Squat) disease, I think the Good Humor Lady is making her debut. (Interesting word, debut. Can't type it without thinking about my own too-large caboose.  :P)

Thank you for the credit, but I really never quite thought of you as a man; you've always been a lady in my eyes. Opinionated, maybe, but always a lady.

Susan

Hi Susan,                               02 Aug 2018

Opinionated? Me? Heaven forbid. I've never had an opinion I didn't think everyone should agree with. Uh Oh, there I go again; stop right here.

As for the "Funny Man's," I got that from the Movie "Stalag 17" It was from a line spoken by Otto Preminger when he was speaking to /questioning a prisoner.

Yes, I have been known to have an opinion or three; sometimes even more.

Thanks again.

Best Always, Love,
Christine "Good Humor Lady"
  •  

christinej78

UPDATE: News                        02 Aug 2018

Yesterday, I received my hormone lab report; my Estradiol is low and the dreaded Testosterone is UP(?). Holy cow, a second Orchie? That only occurs when they either leave behind part of a testicle or the orchi was a unilateral orchie (one testicle) and the second is being removed.

My endocrinologist sent a note that she will be issuing another prescription that will increase in my estradiol level. Hopefully, that will cause an increase in headlight wattage, something like "High Beams" pointing skywards.

Since she has told me how to increase my dosage, I can do it quite easily and as soon as the script arrives, run it down to the VA and have them fill it.

The Dell PC is up and running. Problem is... I'm not. Everything in Win 10 appears totally different from 8.1, which wasn't and isn't worth a hoot. Trouble is, I'm an Old Dog and don't take kindly to learning new tricks. I Like my kibbles and bits placed in the same spot every time. Hunting is for young pups.

Aside from the above, all is well; I'm finally getting around to cleaning my desk and doing a general cleaning of the office. While working on the area where the new PC was to go, I found over $100.00 worth of gift cards. I should be able to have three meals one day... if I don't misplace them again.

The weather seems to have moderated a bit. The last three days have been nice, mid 90s. low humidity, and nice breezes, It must have been my charming attitude and personality that caused the change.

Again, I think there is something I have forgotten, just can't remember what. Maybe I'll do better if and when I get a bit more sleep.

Time to crash.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Like you said, a basically good news report... except of course for the medical news about your T Levels... and OMG, a 2nd Orchi???

You will like Windows 10 much better that the Windows 8 nightmare.

I got a kick out of how you worded the breast changes....
    "Higher Headlight Wattage"
    "High beams pointing Skyward"

As always, I am enjoying reading your updates.
Please continue to keep them coming often.

Wishing you well with all that is going on in your life.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 02, 2018, 10:34:43 AM
@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Like you said, a basically good news report... except of course for the medical news about your T Levels... and OMG, a 2nd Orchi???

You will like Windows 10 much better that the Windows 8 nightmare.

I got a kick out of how you worded the breast changes....
    "Higher Headlight Wattage"
    "High beams pointing Skyward"

As always, I am enjoying reading your updates.
Please continue to keep them coming often.

Wishing you well with all that is going on in your life.
Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                       02 August 2018

Thanks young lady; the hormone imbalance was explained to me by an expert, my special friend. She said that since I had the blood drawn right at the end of the patches application time (84 hours) the dosage I was receiving was tapering down. The boost in dosage should resolve the issue. Fridays and Tuesdays are my patch change day. With all the patches I am aware of they are 3 day, four day. I chose to do 84 hours per patch, Tuesday morning, Friday evening.

Something I just thought of is that we had been having hot weather, I was perspiring a lot and that didn't help the patch remain firmly attached to my skin.

I'm not completely sold on Win 10. I didn't realize it was a huge change from 8. I should have listened to my lady friend's advice and gone with the Apple. Since the Dell was relatively inexpensive compared to the Mac, and I thought it would be an easy transition, I bought the Dell. Won't happen again. I will probably switch to Mac not too far down the road. When I do, I know someone I am going to heavily rely on to help me with that conversion.

Thanks again, take care up yonder and try to stay warm.

Best Always, Love,
Christine 

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: christinej78 on August 02, 2018, 03:33:22 PM
Hi Danielle,                       02 August 2018

With all the patches I am aware of they are 3 day, four day. I chose to do 84 hours per patch, Tuesday morning, Friday evening.

Something I just thought of is that we had been having hot weather, I was perspiring a lot and that didn't help the patch remain firmly attached to my skin.

Best Always, Love,
Christine 

Like minds think alike! I also follow the 84 hour rule instead of the 3/4 day rule for patches and secondly last week was also very hot (as is today) in UK with temperatures of 30C or 86F and indeed likewise patches risky somewhat due to perspiration and hence I add some tape.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

christinej78

Quote from: pamelatransuk on August 03, 2018, 03:51:23 AM
Like minds think alike! I also follow the 84 hour rule instead of the 3/4 day rule for patches and secondly last week was also very hot (as is today) in UK with temperatures of 30C or 86F and indeed likewise patches risky somewhat due to perspiration and hence I add some tape.

Hugs

Pamela

Hi Pamela,                        03 Aug 2018

I thank you for your confirmation that I'm not totally whacked out; whacked out... Yes; totally... No.

I didn't add tape  this time, mainly because I didn't think of it. I have used it before when I noticed the patch didn't feel secure.

My prescription / script is increasing my Estradiol so I'll start the new dose tonight. Hope it kicks the boob voltage up, turns the High Beams on and lights up the sky..

Hope all is well on your side of the pond. It's been nice here, hot but not too hot and lower humidity.

Making a quick trip to Brazil this afternoon; will return in time to see a very special lady.

Thanks again; Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

Donna

The method of choice here is to put a theraderm covering over the patch to help secure it. They are about50 cent each and are surgical grade wound and bandage coverings. They keep your cloths from moving the patch as well as hold better when sweaty
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Donna on August 05, 2018, 11:40:07 PM
The method of choice here is to put a theraderm covering over the patch to help secure it. They are about50 cent each and are surgical grade wound and bandage coverings. They keep your cloths from moving the patch as well as hold better when sweaty

Hi Donna,                    06 Aug 2018

Thanks for the info; where can I get them? We have CVS, Walgreen's, WallyWorld, Kroger, etc. and a few independent drug stores.

Right now I have multiple patches on; my dosage has been bumped up. I was looking for a quart of Estradiol per day but someone wisely decided otherwise. I think I ended up with xxx.xxx mg of estradiol. Seems to be working, my boobs seem to have taken a jump and are tender. They also look nicer as they poke out while wearing a t-shirt. This transition thing is way more fun than I ever imagined. I'd like to do it a second time; unfortunately, it's a one shot deal.

Take care Donna; tell your wife I said Hello and give her a kiss on the cheek for me.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Hello Folks,                  12 August 2018

Just a quick note to let you know that my new avatar is actually me as I normally present when I'm out and about. Rarely do I wear anything masculine unless it's a day like yesterday was; lots of rain. I wore an old pair of men's sneakers when outside just due to rain and the possibility of mud.

Got my new peepers from the Walmart Vision Center yesterday afternoon. The lady I bought them from gave me a nice pink hard case for them.

Received some new Pink Navy ball caps yesterday.

My increased dosage of Estradiol seems to be working; my parking lights are showing and they have a nice golden glow. The 17th of this month will mark the 5th month on HRT. It be doing great.

Best Always, love
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Wowzers.... a pink Navy cap and a pink case for your new glasses.

Your new real life Avatar-profile photo of you looks great.
Thank you for updating us ... yes, HRT WORKS!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                        22 August 2018

Don't zackly know why my boobs started to shrink; yes they have shrunk too much to suit me. Not sure what is causing it. I have been on an antibiotic, Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim oral. This med was prescribed due to a puncture wound to my left foot at the last joint of my great toe. Since I've been on the drug, I have lost about 10 lbs.; I'm at the weight I was the day I joined the US Navy over 55 years ago.

Unfortunately, it's not a wise decision to stop an antibiotic prior to the end of the treatment course. I looked up the drug and didn't find anything that it would cause this temporary setback.

This week I plan to begin the process of changing my gender and legal name. Since I was born in Ohio, a very good state to be from.... far away from, it appears that some clown in the "Ohio Department of Health" refuses to allow a gender change on a birth certificate. I believe the law allows it but the misguided individual that runs the department won't allow it. "Currently, the Ohio Department of Health refuses to issue birth certificates with updated gender markers. From "NAME & GENDER CHANGE GUIDE FOR OHIO RESIDENTS (ADULTS) 

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to start here in Texas and get everything done here first, saving the Ohio stuff for last.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Sorry to hear about your injury and the resultant and unexpected weight loss, perhaps you should ask your doctor about that.... unexpected weight loss can be an indicator of other issues that may need medical intervention.  Please tell me that you will talk to your doctor soon.

Arhhh... OHIO is defintiely a good state to be from....  there must be some way or some agency that can assist you in getting your birth certificate gender and name changed.   Be sure to ask around and perhaps start a new thread titled, "State of Ohio Name and Gender Change difficulties"... there might be other members on here that have gone through the same thing.

Thanks for posting your update... and please don't lose any more weight.  For some that would be a blessing but for others such as yourself you don't want to lose any more, especially if it is unintentional.

Thanks for your report, I will be looking for your update.
Hugs,
Danielle

•