News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Christine's Adventures on the "Transition Highway"

Started by christinej78, March 29, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Hi Everyone,                     02 September 2018

Last night a very good friend let me know that I have been building up way too much fat in the belly area. We examined my diet and therein lies the problem ... or I should say problems. I am eating and drinking way too much JUNK. I remember one of my doctors asking me why I eat that stuff; I told him: "Because it tastes good and is easy." This is not healthy and if I continue doing so will be detrimental to my plan to live at least another 25 years.

What kind of friend would tell me I'm looking like I'm pregnant? I'll tell you: "The best friend I have." A true friend will always be truthful and never tell you things just to make you feel good. I appreciate her honesty, I'll be healthier because of it. Thank you my Dear, I appreciate your honesty and candor.

Best Always, all my Love, Always
Chris

PS:
Chris is my new nickname suggested by my best friend.

The boobs are back in growth mode I'm happy to say.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Chris:  Thanks for your good report, especially the part about your best friend.
Pregnant... I don't think so  ;) :o ???.... but like you stated, it was an honest and true statement delivered as only a best friend could do.

Either way Christine, or Chris, I like both names but since you expressed your preference...
... it will now be Chris as far as I am concerned.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: christinej78 on September 02, 2018, 06:00:08 AM
Hi Everyone,                     02 September 2018

Last night a very good friend let me know that I have been building up way too much fat in the belly area. We examined my diet and therein lies the problem ... or I should say problems. I am eating and drinking way too much JUNK. I remember one of my doctors asking me why I eat that stuff; I told him: "Because it tastes good and is easy." This is not healthy and if I continue doing so will be detrimental to my plan to live at least another 25 years.

What kind of friend would tell me I'm looking like I'm pregnant? I'll tell you: "The best friend I have." A true friend will always be truthful and never tell you things just to make you feel good. I appreciate her honesty, I'll be healthier because of it. Thank you my Dear, I appreciate your honesty and candor.

Best Always, all my Love, Always
Chris

PS:
Chris is my new nickname suggested by my best friend.

The boobs are back in growth mode I'm happy to say.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

christinej78

It's been awhile since I last updated this thread so here goes with not too much info because there hasn't been much to write about.

My weight was a prominent issue for me; I have been hovering right around 150 pounds for weeks on end. Fifty-five years ago I joined the Navy; I weighed 152 lbs. and was 4' 23", I'm now 4' 21" and am much the same weight. I still have too much belly fat for my liking, it seems to be stuck there. I have eliminated almost all junk food, rarely eat anything that isn't healthy. I am continuously working which requires a lot of physical exertion yet my weight stays the same within a pound or two.

I realize I no longer have T so I guess I'll have to step up the exercise. I've never experienced this before as I was always able to shed fat and put on muscle. My best friend has told me that this is the way it works without T. I have no plans for adding one spec of T to my body nor do I want to. Since the start of HRT and the riddance of the testes, I have been happier than at any other time in my life. Still have a ways to go ridding myself of learned aggression, which is fortunately directed at myself. It takes time to cleanup after 77 years of living with T flowing through one's veins. Call it a work in progress and there is progress being made, thanks to my best friend and you folks here at Susan's Place. I have learned a lot from your posts and the sage advice you have provided. I've been here six months and four days. My life has changed an enormous amount in that time and I am grateful that it has taken place and continues to do so thanks to Susan's Place, it's members and the one fantastic Lady that occupies a special place in my heart and soul.

It's late and I need to go outside and fix the wiring mess in my ISP's Network Interface where the FIOS fiber optic data is converted to cat-5 WAN/LAN, It's a rat's nest of spliced wire. Just looking at it causes errors. It was so bad that the ability to Skype became impossible, and Skype is of extreme importance in this abode.

Almost forgot; I did something quite stupid last night. It was around midnight thirty when I took the first dog out for her last P break before going to bed. We went out the door and just as it closed I checked to see if I had my keys in my pocket. You guessed it, I didn't and was locked out of the house. Fortunately, I have a neighbor that keeps a spare key for me. Of course all the lights were out and they were in bed asleep. Unfortunately, I had to call them and ask them to give me the spare key. I'm sure they appreciated my phone call. When will I ever learn... probably never.

Best always to all, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

davina61

yes the tummy doesn't want to go, same problem here. The key thing , my flat has a self closing fire door and would lock me out, mum has a spare key but then my pone and car keys will be in the flat!!!!!Not done that yet but that now tempting fate-------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
My Dear Christine:
WHERE ARE YOU
....and why are you not keeping your thread updated ???

You have curious followers that want to follow your transition journey and your adventures.
I realize that you started another thread "My Life's Stories and Adventures"  in the Writing forum that you will be writing personal stories about yourself and your escapades but you have NOT posted any followup to your first September 26th posting there....  link below:
    https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,241176.msg2178834.html#msg2178834

So, the question remains, Where Are You ?...
...   you are missed by me and others here on the Susan's Place Forums.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 09, 2018, 12:21:13 PM
@christinej78
My Dear Christine:
WHERE ARE YOU
....and why are you not keeping your thread updated ???

You have curious followers that want to follow your transition journey and your adventures.
I realize that you started another thread "My Life's Stories and Adventures"  in the Writing forum that you will be writing personal stories about yourself and your escapades but you have NOT posted any followup to your first September 26th posting there....  link below:
    https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,241176.msg2178834.html#msg2178834

So, the question remains, Where Are You ?...
...   you are missed by me and others here on the Susan's Place Forums.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                             12 October 2018

I have been busy with many things, visiting doctors, having my body probed and pierced, having wax jobs, speaking of which, I had one that sent me to the doctor. I haven't had time to dig out the stories I want to post but I will when I return.

The doctor visits, for the most part, have been of the annual physical variety. As most of you know I am one of the youngest well seasoned transgender females on this site. When you become a member of the minority group known as "Seasoned Citizens" you will find there are certain dues you have to contend with, such as aches, pains, failing sight, need for prunes, etc. Twenty five years ago I saw a doctor once every ten or so years when I damaged something; now I see a doctor ten times a year. These visits are so frequent they have become social events.

I am fortunate in that I have a vast, out of necessity, network of very good doctors. As an example I recently found it necessary to pay a visit to my dermatologist. I recently had the lower half of my body waxed as I have been doing for several years. Most of you have probably heard of the Brazilian, you know the very private area in the V area between the thighs; a most tender area for certain.

I've had that area waxed numerous times without incident. Well, there's always a first time for everything and this Brazilian was mine. This puppy went south while in progress. I can withstand a lot of pain, and I withstood this, but let me tell you this was one painful procedure. It felt like someone was peeling off several layers of skin. As I found out after arriving home, this is exactly what happened. Now most of us MTF folks know what a scrotum is and how sensitive it and its contents can be. To be precise, mine is empty, like MT, nothing inside, post orchie; I think you have the picture. Oh that reminds me, I have photos of my orchie; anyone want to see them? The answer is you can't, they're private and shall remain so until I'm offered enough money for them that will allow me to buy a new Lambo.

I don't know why what happened, happened, but it did. A couple of layers of skin came off the MT sack along with the hair. This left a very sore spot in a very sensitive area. Off to the Dermatologist's office for an important visit. Long story short several layers of skin were missing. The only explanation seems to be the thinning of the skin due to HRT. Maybe the wax was too hot, maybe it was too cold. All I know it hurt like heck. A powerful steroid and anti-biotic has about cleared up the damage. I think that's my last Brazilian. Electro-shock therapy seems to be in my future.

During my Annual Physical exam, I had to have some lab work. The only thing that concerned my Doctor was my high LDL cholesterol, which was at 113, about 14 points too high. This was offset by the good  news; my Testosterone is at <3 (less than 3) and my estradiol is at 129.1. Now I know why I have been feeling so frisky lately.

I'm tired and am going to crash, I have to mow my lawn today as I have a very important mission coming up very soon, which I am very anxious to go on. Catch you all up later when I return...... make that: "If I return."

Best always, Love
Chris
  •  

pamelatransuk

Always refreshing to read your stories, Christine, but sorry to hear about the mishap and the pain you suffered from the Brazilian.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

christinej78

Quote from: pamelatransuk on October 12, 2018, 08:38:49 AM
Always refreshing to read your stories, Christine, but sorry to hear about the mishap and the pain you suffered from the Brazilian.

Hugs

Pamela

Hi Pamela,                              19 October 2018

The Brazilian was not as I had expected; a bit more abusive than previous episodes. Hopefully, I can find where the lady that used to do it for me went.

Back from my mission; all is going very well. I have lots to do and not much time to do it in. I gave myself a year to accomplish my life's quest; I now have 9 1/2 months remaining. My goal now is to have it completed before next summer. It's a major life change and one I want more than anything else in life.

I just returned to Texas today. My home is now where my heart is, which is no longer in Texas where I have been for the last 40 years.  I'll write about it once I have the photos where they can be posted.

This much I can tell you, this past week I have been happier than I have ever been in the 78 years I have lived aboard "Space Ship Earth." Today has also been one of the :( saddest days of my life; I had to return to the dwelling I exist in. Not all is lost, it's a necessary intrusion that will enable me to get to where I belong and to be with the most special :angel: person ever in my life.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

pamelatransuk

I am delighted to hear you have truly found happiness, Christine, and regret the temporary sadness.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

christinej78

Quote from: pamelatransuk on October 20, 2018, 06:04:16 AM
I am delighted to hear you have truly found happiness, Christine, and regret the temporary sadness.

Hugs

Pamela

Hi Pamela,                            20 October 2018

Thank you for the comments and concern. I don't think I knew what true happiness really was until she entered my life. She has become the driving and guiding force in it, and I cannot imagine what it would be like without her. I know this is a temporary and necessary situation; though unpleasant, it is bearable. I plan to make occasional visits so that will ameliorate the seperation. We do make use of Skype, which is another great asset.

Thanks again, hope all is going well for you on your end of this world.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

christinej78

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on October 27, 2018, 01:26:38 AM
Comment Deleted

@christinej78
Dear Christine:   Don't you know the rule here regarding your thread?

If you delete a comment your followers are expecting that you will post a new comment right away!!!

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 27, 2018, 10:29:40 AM
@christinej78

If you delete a comment your followers are expecting that you will post a new comment right away!!!

Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,            27 October 2018

Deleted? Who done it? Must have been the mice.

Best Always, Love
Chris
  •  

christinej78

@Alaskan Danielle
Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 27, 2018, 10:29:40 AM
@christinej78

Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                           18 November 2018

I didn't realize it has almost been the 30 magical days since I last posted on my tired old thread. Nothing new to report here in Texas. The weather reminds me of why I left Ohio. With climate change rearing its head four time each year I'm going to head to where the four changes are: 1. Spring, 2. Summer, 3. Spring, 4. Summer. I don't like being cold.

I don't know how all you folks up norte handle the cold and lack of sunshine. I have heard from very reliable sources that "Light Boxes" are a must and a fixture in most houses. I wish I could find a spot where the sun was shining 24 hours per day and was never below 85 degrees; somehow I think that's going to be a bit difficult to find.

I'll post a comment in the deleted post when you have a new avatar. Take care young lady and take care of your Tooth Bunny.

Hope you've ditched faker shy guy.

Best Always, love
Chris
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                    27 November 2018

Thanksgiving Day I was Skyping with the Love of my Life, when I felt the need to scratch my left leg. When I got to the ankle area I noticed that my leg was excessively warm, almost hot and the area was swollen and red with signs of Petechiae, clusters of red pinpoint spots. I realized the possibility of a blood clot or some other problem.

Friday I went to the emergency department at Baylor, Scott and White in Grapevine. They ran a blood test and an ultrasound of my left leg. They confirmed that I have a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis), blood clot in laymen's terms. This isn't something I wanted to hear.

When I began HRT I was prescribed Estradiol Transdermal Patches. At my second blood test my Estradiol was at 10 so my dosage was bumped up. I was cautioned that Estradiol can cause DVT. My thinking is that this condition has been present for a couple years and went unnoticed as it only presented as what appeared to be a rash.

I was prescribed Xarelto; this is a fairly new clot buster and seems to be working well. I have an appointment with my primary today and one with my Endo on Wednesday. I'm talking about this because there are known instances of DVT being triggered by Estradiol / Estrogen. This condition can be extremely dangerous to your health.

When I know more I'll post any additional information I have learned.

Best Always, love
Christine
  •  

mm

Sorry to hear you have DVT, you do need to get with your Endo and see if your estradiol can be adjusted so you don't get DVT.  Did they recommend more walking to help reduce your changes of getting more DVT's.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on November 27, 2018, 04:14:10 AM
Hi Folks,                    27 November 2018

Thanksgiving Day I was Skyping with the Love of my Life, when I felt the need to scratch my left leg. When I got to the ankle area I noticed that my leg was excessively warm, almost hot and the area was swollen and red with signs of Petechiae, clusters of red pinpoint spots. I realized the possibility of a blood clot or some other problem.

Friday I went to the emergency department at Baylor, Scott and White in Grapevine. They ran a blood test and an ultrasound of my left leg. They confirmed that I have a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis), blood clot in laymen's terms. This isn't something I wanted to hear.

When I began HRT I was prescribed Estradiol Transdermal Patches. At my second blood test my Estradiol was at 10 so my dosage was bumped up. I was cautioned that Estradiol can cause DVT. My thinking is that this condition has been present for a couple years and went unnoticed as it only presented as what appeared to be a rash.

I was prescribed Xarelto; this is a fairly new clot buster and seems to be working well. I have an appointment with my primary today and one with my Endo on Wednesday. I'm talking about this because there are known instances of DVT being triggered by Estradiol / Estrogen. This condition can be extremely dangerous to your health.

When I know more I'll post any additional information I have learned.

Best Always, love
Christine

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Oh my, oh my.....  I am so very glad that you recognized the seriousness of the symtoms that you saw and experienced on your leg, and got yourself to the hospital emergency room right away.   I am very glad that you knew that DVT's are nothing to fool around with for sure.

I will certainly be looking for your updates and for your postings...  please stick around and get well soon so we can all continue to enjoy your postings and musings on your threads.

Hugs and hugs and hugs
.... and wishing you well and a speedy recovery.
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 27, 2018, 12:26:16 PM
@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Oh my, oh my.....  I am so very glad that you recognized the seriousness of the symtoms that you saw and experienced on your leg, and got yourself to the hospital emergency room right away.   I am very glad that you knew that DVT's are nothing to fool around with for sure.

I will certainly be looking for your updates and for your postings...  please stick around and get well soon so we can all continue to enjoy your postings and musings on your threads.

Hugs and hugs and hugs
.... and wishing you well and a speedy recovery.
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                         28 November 2018

Thank you young Lady. I visited my primary Tuesday (Maybe it was today and maybe it was yesterday) 27 November 18. He said everything looks like it's going well. I'll most likely be on this med for 6 months and then wean off of it. I have an appointment with my Endo on Thursday so I should find out where my Estradiol level is. When this hiccup occurred, I removed all 97 patches. What a relief it was to get all that gooey stuff off my body. I was looking like the wall tile in a run down men's room in Alcatraz penitentiary.

We shall see what she has to say. Personally, I think this started long before this incident and prior to my even thinking about my transition so I don't think the Estradiol played much of a part in this if any at all. One does need to keep in mind that the older we are the more susceptible we are to certain negative medical occurrences; I'm older than most and younger than some. I'm also the oldest I've ever been and the youngest I'll ever be.

When I asked my Endo to bump my estradiol she cautioned me about the possibility of developing a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis), so I was well aware of what could happen. Sometime last year I noticed Petechiae around my ankles after mowing the pasture. As time went on the Petechiae increased; my thinking was that it itched like a rash. Certain OTC meds made things calm down. Little did I know what was in store for this old biddy.

Why am I telling you all this? I want you to be aware of the dangers and make you aware of the symptoms so if you have them you will seek medical intervention immediately. DVT is something you shouldn't ignore; it call kill or worse reduce one to a vegetable.

I'll return Thursday with an update from my Endo.

Best Always, Love
Chris
  •  

davina61

From another old f**t (though a youngster in mind) Mind how you go and hope it gets sorted soon XXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: davina61 on November 28, 2018, 03:57:40 AM
From another old f**t (though a youngster in mind) Mind how you go and hope it gets sorted soon XXXXX

Hi Davina,                   28 November 2018

Thank you for your thoughts and post. You're not an old f**t, you're a young one. Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional. I prefer and practice the latter.

Best Always, Love
Chris
  •