Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Christine's Adventures on the "Transition Highway"

Started by christinej78, March 29, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Christine,
Just hang in there my friend we cross all possible limbs for you.  You ill do it, and come out with shining colors!

Lots of hugs
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Katie Ellen

Hi Christine,

I just wanted to drop in to say that I hope you're doing better and pray that things work out for the best. You were always there to support me last year when things weren't going well for me and my wife.
I'm thinking of you!

Please take care of yourself.
Katie Ellen
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Chris:
I am glad that you had your followup exam a couple days ago... and that the news while not all bad, certainly did have some good news mixed in.

None of us are bulletproof, to use your term.   Medications, previous health issues and as you are painfully aware "age" are all a big factor.   Certainly any drugs we take, certainly HRT included, promotes positive things that we want to happen... but the side-effects can sometimes appear to be worse than what the drugs are treating.

I am 38 years old, in a couple weeks I will be 39, and I already know that I don't have the stamina and energy that I had some years earlier... I don't know how I will ever make it to 60 or more at this rate!!!.....  but I will keep on keeping on, staying as active as possible.

As our dear friend @Katie Ellen mentioned about supporting you with hope and prayers, I will be sending up prayers for your health as well....   and please know that others that follow your thread will also be certainly wishing you well with their thoughts, prayers, support and best wishes.

Please continue to keep us updated and continue your fight to regain your good health and then be able to focus again on your transition journey.... we are all your biggest fans and we are all rooting for you.

You are a bright shining star and an example for us all of staying positive in light of the difficulties that life throws at you.
My many HUGS and my well wishes to you. [emoji173]
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                       29 January 2019

Hmm, seems I have been neglecting this thread. After a bit of prodding I thought I'd take a few minutes before returning to the rack, (got up to P) to update everyone.

Have an appointment tomorrow, Wednesday 30 Jan 19, with a Hematologist to see what may have caused the DVT. There are certain factors (Markers) in our blood that may predispose us to these nasty events. Hopefully I'll find out I don't have any and can get back on my hormones. When I get the results, I'll let you-all know.

Thursday, 31 Jan 19, I have my preliminary appointment for a sleep study. I'm sure you all have read about the tree that jumped out in front of me. Well, some people sleep walk or walk in their sleep. Then there are folks like me that sleep drive or drive in their sleep. Apparently I have a problem that causes me to drop off at the most inopportune times, to wit the tree incident. I checked the tree yesterday, doesn't seem any worse for wear and tear. Darn those immovable objects; you should see the car. I'll try to post a photo one of these days before I send it off to the scrap heap.

That meet up kind of put a dent in my vehicle's ability to provide me protection from wet and cold weather so I decided to bring out my favorite car, that I have allowed to languish in semi-retirement, or maybe an extended vacation. At any rate, the trusty old Crown Vic seems to have developed a couple problems just sitting around. Since the CV was my trusty Police Car when I was a cop, I want to rehabilitate her and get her back on the road.

I chose to drive the Blazer only because it has a lot of room in the back for my tree tools and it works well for the three pups when they have to go somewhere. But, it is by far the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever driven or ridden in. There's just no room in the front area for anyone over 3 feet tall. Also the seats are a sorry excuse for something that holds our posterior in its confines. I think the people that designed this car were sadists; being in this car for any trip over 5 miles was/is a real pain in the can. Hopefully, I'll have the CV back in top notch shape in short order.

On Monday 11 Feb 19, I have a visit scheduled with my Endocrinologist. Between her, the hematologist, my vascular surgeon and my primary doctor, we will decide if I can return to Estradiol. Just a note here; We have been warned that Estradiol can cause DVT's; So can Testosterone. Both hormones cause the blood to be sticky but "E" makes it stickier than "T" does. Nothing is perfect, there's always something that can upset the apple cart.

Not to forget Thursday 28 Feb 19 I have another ultrasound of both legs at the local Baylor hospital. By the time all this is done, three months will have elapsed since Dena saved my life.

Since I am a poor decision maker, Dena and I have decided she will have the final say on my decisions, other than mundane items like which panties to wear today; I can make those without endangering anyone.

I gotta go, I got up to P, have a cup of hot chocolate, which I did and now it's time to return to the rack, lots to do today.

Thank You Dena Dear, I Love You, Christine

Remember folks, She saved my buns so I could continue posting my sordid life's story, which reminds me I haven't posted a story in a while.

My best recommendation for everyone is "Don't try the stuff I have done." It's a prescription for disaster.

Best Always, Love
Chris

Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Katie Ellen

Chris - You are not alone. I believe I've been to the doctor or ER more in the last year, than I have over the rest of my life! Some of that because of neglect (colonoscopy,etc), but a lot of it from my body getting older and/or HRT follow-up,etc.

I have a follow-up today with my urologist for my kidney stone surgery and I'm probably going to need to see my GP for my back pain from my fall last week.

Oh well, could be worse!

Take care!

Katie Ellen
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
It is so nice to see that you have returned to your thread to treat us all (your followers) to you wisdom and life endeavors as you travel down your personal transition road.

I am so happy that you survived your recent serious life events and that you are wisely seeking additional medical advice for various health issues.   You are only issued ONE BODY when you were born so you have to take the best care of it that you can... and as you have shared, it is wonderful to have someone special looking out for your well-being.

Thank you for allowing us and feeling free to share with us about you life endeavors...  you have certainly lived and interesting life so far, and I have a feeling that there is so much more to come for you.

As always, I will be eagerly following your thread and your postings all around the forums.   
Also, as you and I have already been doing, please feel free to continue exchanging PMs with me.
Great big HUGS and well wishes to you.
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                       26 February 2019

It has been almost a month since I updated this thread. My tree accident happened about a month and 9 days ago. I have a second car that I preferred over the Blazer, but chose the Blazer as my daily driver because it was handy for taking the pups to the places they have to go and for hauling my Arborist equipment.

Since I turned the Blazer into a  semi-drivable junk pile, I am limited in when and where I can drive it. Back in 2011, 09 June to be exact, I decided to quit driving my 2000 Crown Victoria; I let it sit for almost 8 years. I'd start it periodically to keep the battery charged and to let it know I hadn't forsaken it. About four years ago it wouldn't start; the electric fuel pump up and quit. So it sat here until the Blazer disaster. I have been working on the problems I have found with it that would prevent it from passing the mandatory safety/global warming inspection.

I found that the windshield wipers only worked on high speed and wouldn't park, the neutral safety switch is defective and of course the fuel pump, which is in the fuel tank, is Kaput and was immersed in approximately 17 or so gallons of 8 year old stale fuel. So far I have managed to extract over 15 gallons of that stinky substance, replaced the wiper motor and have the car ready for a new windshield, which I forgot to mention that it needs.

Tomorrow the neutral safety switch will be replaced and if time and weather permits, I will tackle the fuel pump which requires removing the fuel tank, a nasty job at best. I checked with the Ford dealer to see what they would charge and got an estimate of $1100.00. Being retired and on a fixed income, I decided I could do the job a whole lot cheaper and probably better. It just takes me longer due to the weather and sheer laziness. My current goal is to have it running by Friday. That may be fantasy, but what the heck, I can dream can't I.

The Crown Vic was my cop car and is still my favorite ride. It's fast and maneuverable and handles well. It's been over 140 mph during a few high speed chases, which I won against motorcycles. I won because I was a crazier idiot than the idiots I was chasing. Those days are long behind me and I know Dena would kick my backside if I ever tried anything like that again.

Once the Vic gets to Phoenix, it's going to the body shop for a minor bit of body work to patch the bullet holes and a nice paint job and new leather interior. I'm considering Pink in place of the original black with a pink and blue leather interior to replace the current dark gray.

Thursday I go in for another ultrasound of my legs to see if the DVT has hopefully  disappeared or is digressing at a significant rate. Will let you know. The drug I am on is Xarelto which seems to be working well. It does have some issues relative to bleeding out if cut or a hemorrhage occurs. There is no known antidote like there is for warfarin or some of the other blood "thinners' (actually anticoagulants) that some folks take. The med I'm on is usually a 6 month course of treatment. I have a little under three months to go if everything goes well and the doctor thinks I can be weaned off this drug. I'm sure I'll have to go on something to help prevent further DVT's or other clots. I'm hoping I can resume HRT; I miss it, I'm not as happy as I was, don't sleep as well as before stopping HRT, peeing is becoming slightly more difficult though not as it was before I began HRT. Everything is going to be up to my doctors; I have no intention of going it alone (self medicating), I have one habit I want to continue with and that's Breathing.

Take care, I'll post any info I get that's relevant to this situation.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
I just want you to hear it from one of your faithful followers... ME ...   that a MONTH is way too long for you to update us on your thread.   As followers, we want to follow and you have deprived us of going along with you during your latest life endeavors... good and bad adventures for sure.

I am so glad that have have survived your harrowing and life threatening events of late and that you are still with us here on the forums.

Please don't wait so long to check in next time... in fact, another update or two today would be just wonderful!!!   Pictures are allowed here also... just a reminder since you have not posted any pictures lately.

Many hugs, best wishes, and trusting for your good health,
Danielle

•  

Linde

Hello Christine.
I am very glad to hear that you are doing well, but going down that low to drive a Crown Vicy?  Even the interceptor versi ws a dog (same dog type as the Chevy Caprice interceptor I owned once)140 mph I did with a rented Mini cooper S in Germany on the Freeway, and I was not the fastest car there.  My chipped Quattro TT roadster could do close to 160 mph, and still was pretty Ok to handle.  But I would be scared like heck doing 140 in a Crown Vic!

Anyway, now that I am, like you,  a member of the club without balls, testosterone does not want me to drive that fast anymore anyway, and I do the easy peasy way of purely estrogen controlled emotions!

I hope you will continue to heal well, and everything goes as planned!
Take care and lot's of hug!
Linde

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on February 27, 2019, 09:34:03 AM
Hello Christine.
I am very glad to hear that you are doing well, but going down that low to drive a Crown Vicy?  Even the interceptor versi ws a dog (same dog type as the Chevy Caprice interceptor I owned once)140 mph I did with a rented Mini cooper S in Germany on the Freeway, and I was not the fastest car there.  My chipped Quattro TT roadster could do close to 160 mph, and still was pretty Ok to handle.  But I would be scared like heck doing 140 in a Crown Vic!

Anyway, now that I am, like you,  a member of the club without balls, testosterone does not want me to drive that fast anymore anyway, and I do the easy peasy way of purely estrogen controlled emotions!

I hope you will continue to heal well, and everything goes as planned!
Take care and lot's of hug!
Linde

Hi Linde,                                   05 March 2109                   "The 50th Anniversary of my Quitting Smoking."

On Thursday 28 February 2019, I had a "Bilateral Lower Extremity Venous Ultra Sound." In laymen's terms, they used a sonar system to check the two outer legs for blood clots. Today, 05 March 2019 I went to the records Department of Baylor Hospital Grapevine, Texas to obtain a copy of the radiologist's report.

The Radiologist's diagnosis: "No convincing sonographic evidence of DVT in either outer lower extremity." In other words, the Blood Clot (DVT) appears to be history.

There's still more testing to be done. I have a blood test scheduled with the Hematologist 17 April 2019 for a D-Dimer test. This is a complex test that indicates if there are remaining clots and how the body and meds are handling them (Disposing of Them).

Right now I feel very happy to have received this good news. I'm more happy because Dena spotted the DVT symptoms and sent me packing to the Hospital. She saved my life; if it hadn't been for her I would probably have ignored the symptoms until it was too late. Thank You Dena, You are the Love of My Life.

Hopefully, my Crown Vic will be running this week.

Hope all is going well for you Linde. I'm assuming your surgery went well, no complications and is completely healed.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Christine

It is so wonderful to read that yesterday the radiologist's report confirmed DVT problem resolved and I hope you get further good news and confirmation from hematologist on April 17th.

In case you don't know, I have a thread on HRT Board and as you may see there, I am going fulltime as soon as I sell my house - so hopefully in Summer.

Wishing both You and Dena good health and happiness.

Hugs to you both.

Pamela

•  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on March 06, 2019, 12:09:10 AM
Hi Linde,                                   05 March 2109                   "The 50th Anniversary of my Quitting Smoking."

On Thursday 28 February 2019, I had a "Bilateral Lower Extremity Venous Ultra Sound." In laymen's terms, they used a sonar system to check the two outer legs for blood clots. Today, 05 March 2019 I went to the records Department of Baylor Hospital Grapevine, Texas to obtain a copy of the radiologist's report.

The Radiologist's diagnosis: "No convincing sonographic evidence of DVT in either outer lower extremity." In other words, the Blood Clot (DVT) appears to be history.

There's still more testing to be done. I have a blood test scheduled with the Hematologist 17 April 2019 for a D-Dimer test. This is a complex test that indicates if there are remaining clots and how the body and meds are handling them (Disposing of Them).

Right now I feel very happy to have received this good news. I'm more happy because Dena spotted the DVT symptoms and sent me packing to the Hospital. She saved my life; if it hadn't been for her I would probably have ignored the symptoms until it was too late. Thank You Dena, You are the Love of My Life.

Hopefully, my Crown Vic will be running this week.

Hope all is going well for you Linde. I'm assuming your surgery went well, no complications and is completely healed.

Best Always, Love
Christine
It is great to hear the good news about your clots and all!
Yes, I lost my balls for good now.  I still have a little blood spotting, but I am told that is normal.  This made me to start to use female maxi pads.  A new learning experience was to find the best way to put them into my underwear and still fell OK comfy sitting on them! I am now so versed in doing this that I am ready to handle any Periode I might ever get.   >:-)

I think it is now about time, to phase out my guy briefs, because the extra packing pouch in them is not really needed anymore, and I. don't plan to use the convenience of urinals in my future life.

Any way, I hope the Crown Vicky  will be running nice and smooth for you, and glide with you all the way over to Arizona!

Good luck with the new maiden drive, and even more good luck with those DVT pests!
Love
Linde

•  

christinej78

Quote from: pamelatransuk on March 06, 2019, 06:01:55 AM
Hello again Christine

It is so wonderful to read that yesterday the radiologist's report confirmed DVT problem resolved and I hope you get further good news and confirmation from hematologist on April 17th.

In case you don't know, I have a thread on HRT Board and as you may see there, I am going fulltime as soon as I sell my house - so hopefully in Summer.

Wishing both You and Dena good health and happiness.

Hugs to you both.

Pamela

Hi Pamela,                                     07 March 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words and post. I'm happy you are going full time. I know you will enjoy being who you are and want to be. Originally, one of my regrets was that I didn't transition long ago. That's no longer the case.

Had I transitioned then, chances are I'd never have met Dena. Meeting Dena and falling in Love with Her has brought new meaning and purpose to my life.

I'll be sure to find your new thread and will bookmark it. I'm sure it will be interesting, informative and fun.

Wishing you everything good that life has to offer. I know you will be a success. God Bless You.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on March 06, 2019, 08:51:48 AM
It is great to hear the good news about your clots and all!
Yes, I lost my balls for good now.  I still have a little blood spotting, but I am told that is normal.  This made me to start to use female maxi pads.  A new learning experience was to find the best way to put them into my underwear and still fell OK comfy sitting on them! I am now so versed in doing this that I am ready to handle any Periode I might ever get.   >:-)

I think it is now about time, to phase out my guy briefs, because the extra packing pouch in them is not really needed anymore, and I. don't plan to use the convenience of urinals in my future life.

Any way, I hope the Crown Vicky  will be running nice and smooth for you, and glide with you all the way over to Arizona!

Good luck with the new maiden drive, and even more good luck with those DVT pests!
Love
Linde

Hi Linde,                              07 March 2019

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm glad the DVT appears to be heading for the ash heap. Those things can be more dangerous than most people think. Had it not been for Dena, I'd have most likely ignored it until it was too late.

Ol Miss Vicky has been languishing for 8 years. It'll be nice to have her as my main ride again. I've been driving a 1999 S10 Blazer (Chev), one of the most uncomfortable automobiles I have yet to drive and/or ride in.

I trashed off men's underwear about 49 years ago when my wife had me try a pair of her panties. No going back except one time when I purged. That didn't last long, just wasted a lot of money. Now I barely own anything male unless it's stuff for dirty work. I have some nice expensive clothing I'm planning on having a tailor feminize for me; too nice to trash or sell.

Take care Linde, enjoy not having those pesky things dangling between the legs. Getting rid of mine was like a dream come true. I could hardly wait to get in the OR and have them removed from my body forever. I never liked having them, even before I knew what they were for. Once I get to Phoenix my plan is for Dena and me to visit Dr. Ley and see about feminizing my outie into an innie.

Take good care my friend.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

mm

Dietlind, I hope wearing pads works out fine for you.  I could never could get use to the feeling and messiness of wearing them and sure glad when I found out about tampon.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: mm on March 07, 2019, 10:28:10 AM
Dietlind, I hope wearing pads works out fine for you.  I could never could get use to the feeling and messiness of wearing them and sure glad when I found out about tampon.
MM, I do pretty OK with the pads, tampons would not work on me, because I don't have he orifice to put a tampon in.  I hope I will done pretty soon with the pads, because my wound spotting becomes less and less.

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                        20 March 2019

Here we are, almost 1 quarter of the year used up. I did accomplish a few things, which will follow:

Monday evening I had a sleep study to find out why I keep falling asleep at inappropriate times. Dena had been on my case to get it done since last year. I wasn't procrastinating, it was a mix up at the doctor's office. Had I had it done when Dena suggested it, I most likely would not have had the accident I had 17 January 2019.

The sleep technician woke me up about 0625 Tuesday morning and said they found the problem. The only comment she made was: "Dena saved your life again." I have been trying to decode her message and have developed a couple theories, which I'll leave where they lie. Hopefully I'll have a follow up this week or early next week.

As you are probably aware I have been working on Vic, my favorite car, which was my cop car when I was a LEO. She is now running extremely well. On Thursday 14 March 19, I sent her to a shop to have the new fuel pump installed. At 1724 hours CDT I received a call that I could take Vic home and that she would be ready when I got there. I drove her home, the first time I had driven her in almost 8 years. What a pleasure it was to feel and hear the power of her mighty engine.

There were still a few things I had to do. She needed her fuel injectors cleaned, a couple rubber insulators installed on the exhaust system. I added  fuel injector cleaner to the fuel tank and drove her a fair amount. After about 150 miles the "Check Engine" light came on. She was running lean in both banks, a good indication that the injectors were a bit clogged. Added more injector cleaner and drove her a bit hard. The more I drove her the better she ran. On Monday 18 March 19 I took her in for inspection. She passed.

Yesterday I bought her a new set of tires; what a difference that made to her ride quality. I have continued driving her a bit hard, lots of hard acceleration to help clear the injectors. Today I took all my paperwork to the county tax office and registered her. They even allowed me to use the same plate she got about 15 years ago. When I got home I put the new sticker on her new windscreen and fastened the plate to the rear. She is now legal to drive in 50 of the 57 states. I did take her out for a couple fast romps. I'm sure she is as happy as I am to have her back doing what she does so well. I know she will enjoy having Dena at her controls once we get to Phoenix.

That's about it until I hear from the sleep follow up. I'll be sure to let you know the results.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Christine:
Thank you for posting your long awaited update...
It was interesting reading about your life endeavors and things your have been dealing with.

sleep .... cars.... and tires!!!!    No more blood clot issues thankfully!!!!!

Please stay healthy and alive my friend... I enjoy your musings on your thread and  your postings around the forums... and  the PMs that you send to me....

Hugs and best wishes for a happy life.
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Hi Everyone,                           27 March 2019

Today marks the 1st anniversary of my starting HRT; notice the key word "Starting." This first year of HRT has been interrupted by a DVT that appeared 23 November 2018; I have been off "Her-mones" ever since. I was on almost 8 months and have been off a bit over four. Yes, I am happy to be alive but not happy to be off.

I had my sleep study on 18 -  19 March. I have a follow-up appointment this Friday 29 March at 1145 hrs CDT. I'm anxious to learn what is causing my problem with staying awake. Hope it's something simple like "Eat more Chocolate Chip Cookies." That would be great but not going to hold my breath.

On 17 April 2019 I have an appointment for another D-Dimer blood test that looks for signs of disintegrating blood clots. If it's above 0.5 then I still have a clot or clots that need to be eradicated. Will I ever get back on Her-mones? I sure hope so as my transition is kind of like a car stuck in Neutral; going nowhere fast.

After the blood test I have an appointment with the hematologist 24 April to figure out how much longer I need to be on Xarelto and what can I do HRT wise. That will require a coordinated consultation between the Hematologist and my Endocrinologist.

So medically, that's where I am at this moment, thankfully, I'm still here.

Yesterday was the day the "wreck," my old Blazer was laid to rest. She served me well for almost 13 years. Believe me, I didn't shed a tear as I rode away leaving her sitting in the Auto Recycler's parking lot. She was without a doubt the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever ridden in or driven. Now it's Vic taking me where I need to go, though only during daylight hours.

Maybe next time I'll have something more interesting to write about. Wishing you all the very best along your journey along your chosen highway.

Lastly, but not leastly, I want to Thank the Love of My Life for Saving it. Thank You Dena, I Love You With All My Heart and Soul.

Best Always, Love
Chris
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@christinej78
Dear Chris:
Sending you my hearty CONGRATULATIONS on your ONE year HRT anniversary.   
A day that you will want to always celebrate for sure.

Thank for you update today, I am also glad that @Dena saved your life... 
... the Forums would not be the same without your incredible posts of your life endeavors.   I really mean that too!!!
I also am so very glad that you survived your DVT episode... that is dangerous stuff for sure!!!

Yes indeed, chocolate in any form, especially Chocolate Chip Cookies always helps me to sleep like a baby, I  hope that it works for you!!

Hey, how about a picture of your Crown Vic restored cop car???   I would enjoy seeing that if you feel so led to post it.

Thank you again for sharing your update, I always look for your postings whenever I log in.

Hugs and best wishes to you.
Danielle

•