News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Christine's Adventures on the "Transition Highway"

Started by christinej78, March 29, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Hi Christine
I think it would be very unfair if you would be forced to eat chocolate chip cookies!  If I am not allowed to eat them (because off diabetes), you should not be either! 
I hope they find a solution for you sleep problems.  I have my own, but a Cpap machine seems to have solved mine.  I  am on this air pump now for almost 20 years, and do well with it!

I hope your blood clot condition will be over and healed soon, and you can get back onto the good stuff!  And off the two of us can march towards a nice set of bottom surgery!
Take care and be well
Hugs
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on March 27, 2019, 06:00:27 PM
Hi Christine
I think it would be very unfair if you would be forced to eat chocolate chip cookies!  If I am not allowed to eat them (because off diabetes), you should not be either! 
I hope they find a solution for you sleep problems.  I have my own, but a Cpap machine seems to have solved mine.  I  am on this air pump now for almost 20 years, and do well with it!

I hope your blood clot condition will be over and healed soon, and you can get back onto the good stuff!  And off the two of us can march towards a nice set of bottom surgery!
Take care and be well
Hugs
Linde

Hi Linde,                             27 March 2019

Thanks for the nice comments Linde. Dena and I have discussed bottom surgery. Her thinking is the Cosmetic/Zero Depth would be appropriate for me. As I have mentioned previously I have no desire to be with a male so why go through the extra  surgery and maintenance a full depth VJ requires.

Once I'm settled in Phoenix, Dena and I will discuss it further and then make an appointment with Dr. Ley for her opinion. One of the things I want is to do this without General Anesthesia and no sedation. I would prefer a spinal or epidural as opposed to GA. I don't do well with it and I had problems the last time I had it, which was about 5 years ago.

I hope you're all healed from your recent surgery and are enjoying the freedom one experiences without the distraction caused by the evil twins.

One thing for certain, I don't miss those two nutty things and "Wilma" doesn't seem to either; She gets a lot more rest these days.

Take care mis amiga.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on March 27, 2019, 07:40:55 PM
Hi Linde,                             27 March 2019

Thanks for the nice comments Linde. Dena and I have discussed bottom surgery. Her thinking is the Cosmetic/Zero Depth would be appropriate for me. As I have mentioned previously I have no desire to be with a male so why go through the extra  surgery and maintenance a full depth VJ requires.

Once I'm settled in Phoenix, Dena and I will discuss it further and then make an appointment with Dr. Ley for her opinion. One of the things I want is to do this without General Anesthesia and no sedation. I would prefer a spinal or epidural as opposed to GA. I don't do well with it and I had problems the last time I had it, which was about 5 years ago.

I hope you're all healed from your recent surgery and are enjoying the freedom one experiences without the distraction caused by the evil twins.

One thing for certain, I don't miss those two nutty things and "Wilma" doesn't seem to either; She gets a lot more rest these days.

Take care mis amiga.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Christine
I am a minimal depth believer, too!  But you idea of doing this with a local and no sedation, is a pretty tall one!  We are talking about a surgery that lasts several hours, and requires some extensive fine needle work and creative sewing!  That means, your neither parts have to be motion free for quite some time.  I have my doubts if that can be guaranteed with a spinal only?  If it is know that you did not do well the last time, and the data of that surgery is available, a good anesthetist  could mix a cocktail based on that data that is less complicated for your system.  The earlier you and the medical team are getting to talk about this, the better everything can be arranged in such a way that you will do pretty Ok with the anesthesia, while still meeting the technical requirements of the surgeon.  And the result will be a win/win situation!

I wish you further luck with everything, and everything work out well, we can later do a vulva comparison to see which one is prettier!  >:-)

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 27, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
@christinej78
Dear Chris:
Sending you my hearty CONGRATULATIONS on your ONE year HRT anniversary.   
A day that you will want to always celebrate for sure.

Thank for you update today, I am also glad that @Dena saved your life... 
... the Forums would not be the same without your incredible posts of your life endeavors.   I really mean that too!!!
I also am so very glad that you survived your DVT episode... that is dangerous stuff for sure!!!

Yes indeed, chocolate in any form, especially Chocolate Chip Cookies always helps me to sleep like a baby, I  hope that it works for you!!

Hey, how about a picture of your Crown Vic restored cop car???   I would enjoy seeing that if you feel so led to post it.

Thank you again for sharing your update, I always look for your postings whenever I log in.

Hugs and best wishes to you.
Danielle

Hi Danielle,                         27 March 2019

I have one problem with Chocolate Chip Cookies, no matter how many or how few there are I'll eat every one of them. I especially like them frozen as well as almost any cookie. Does Oreo ring a bell?

The Crown Vic needs to be repainted. I plan to have it done once I'm in Phoenix. Dena knows folks in the paint business that do impeccable work so I'll probably have them strip it and clean up the minor dings (Hail), bullet holes  and anything not perfect. I was thinking of having it painted Pink but decided to keep it black. The interior didn't suffer  from the prolonged storage outside, still looks new inside. I do want to have it reupholstered in dark denim blue with bright pink accents. Haven't decided on the design yet.

Texas has Vanity plates, which are produced by a civilian company that has a contract with the state. Once I had Vic up and running I decided to buy a special plate for her. I went to their site and found that I could get a pink plate with white letters, seven to be exact. I called them up and asked if I could have MTF TRAN. They said yes, took my order and $195.00 of my money. I thought I would have the neatest plate in Texas. I was told it would take about 4 weeks for the plate to be produced. After about a week and a half I called them to check on the status of my order. I was told that the Texas Dept. of Transportation declined my requested plate because my choice was a derogatory statement. I called Tex Dot and had a chat with some lady that explained the rules to me. I tried to explain that that statement was not derogatory and that it was in reference to me.

I was told I had the right to appeal their decision but my chances of prevailing were slim to none. Since I plan on being out of here and in Phoenix, Arizona soon, there was no reason to waste my time with the appeal. When I get to Phoenix, I'll try my luck there.

As soon as I have Vic cleaned up and I've had my Saturday bath, I'll have a photo taken of the both of us that might be worth posting.

One thing I have noticed is that Vic runs better each day. I think she enjoys doing what she was built to do. I usually find a place where she can get some real exercise without endangering anyone or breaking too many speed laws, which we all know I would never do.

Take care young lady; I hope your back is all healed and that you are feeling fine. Please take care of yourself and watch for that pesky ice.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on March 27, 2019, 08:34:14 PM
Christine
I am a minimal depth believer, too!  But you idea of doing this with a local and no sedation, is a pretty tall one!  We are talking about a surgery that lasts several hours, and requires some extensive fine needle work and creative sewing!  That means, your neither parts have to be motion free for quite some time.  I have my doubts if that can be guaranteed with a spinal only?  If it is know that you did not do well the last time, and the data of that surgery is available, a good anesthetist  could mix a cocktail based on that data that is less complicated for your system.  The earlier you and the medical team are getting to talk about this, the better everything can be arranged in such a way that you will do pretty Ok with the anesthesia, while still meeting the technical requirements of the surgeon.  And the result will be a win/win situation!

I wish you further luck with everything, and everything work out well, we can later do a vulva comparison to see which one is prettier!  >:-)

Hi Linde,                         27 March 2019

You've got a deal; we can compare, photograph and post them; then everyone can vote for their favorite.

The closest I came to GA recently was when I had my Orchie. I discussed everything with the anesthesiologist the day prior and we settled on Propofol only, no intubation, my upper torso was elevated, no sedation (Benzos) and a small dose of Fentanyl. Nothing else. That I can handle. I can't handle Benzos of any kind, intubation and the volatile ethers used to maintain anesthesia, Rocuronium bromide (muscle relaxant) and all the other garbage they pump into ones system.

I had surgery in June of 2018 on my left hand using the Bier block method. I had no sedation, was fully conscious. They use Lidocaine, which was only partially successful at numbing my hand. I felt most of the surgery, not a big deal. I enjoy pain, especially when it stops. The main reason I try to avoid GA is that it is extremely dangerous for folks my age. We shall see what we can come up with. The other thing I would like is to watch the surgery real time. I may have to settle for a DVD of the surgery.

Thanks and take care Linde.

Best Always, Love
Chris

•  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on March 27, 2019, 11:43:15 PM
Hi Linde,                         27 March 2019

The main reason I try to avoid GA is that it is extremely dangerous for folks my age. We shall see what we can come up with. The other thing I would like is to watch the surgery real time. I may have to settle for a DVD of the surgery.

Thanks and take care Linde.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Come on lady, you are not that much older than I am!  A good anesthetist takes age into account when doing that stuff!  Your hand and orchi was child's play, because those are short duration surgeries, but when they go down there to remodel your parts, they need a few hours, because Leggo has not developed a kit for that stuff, yet!

I wanted to observe my orchi, but the surgeon refused to let me, he said he is not interested in hearing me criticizing his work while he is doing it.  Now I have no idea how to do an orchi, and could not do one on me ever, even if I would want to!  He cut everything away I could use to try it out!
Life is just not fair.
But raise your concerns with the surgical team, and together you can work on a solution for your concerns!

Have some nice seat time in the Vicky!
Linde

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on March 28, 2019, 07:29:08 AM
Come on lady, you are not that much older than I am!  A good anesthetist takes age into account when doing that stuff!  Your hand and orchi was child's play, because those are short duration surgeries, but when they go down there to remodel your parts, they need a few hours, because Leggo has not developed a kit for that stuff, yet!

I wanted to observe my orchi, but the surgeon refused to let me, he said he is not interested in hearing me criticizing his work while he is doing it.  Now I have no idea how to do an orchi, and could not do one on me ever, even if I would want to!  He cut everything away I could use to try it out!
Life is just not fair.
But raise your concerns with the surgical team, and together you can work on a solution for your concerns!

Linde

Hi Linde,                        29 March 2019

Lots of news  today, but first off Anesthesia: My knee surgeon and his group practice quit using GA about 10 years ago due to most patients being older ladies and men. GA has a bad history relative to older folks. I did a lot of research on this and it isn't something I want to fool with. The last time I had it, it took me a good two weeks to get my brain halfway back to abby-normal. Don't want to try it again

The aforementioned surgical team uses a spinal or epidural along with a slow Propofol drip to keep you in the twilight zone. Granted knee replacement surgery is of shorter duration than GCS, about 1.5 - 2 hours to replace a knee. When I had my orchi they insisted I be out so we settled on a propofol drip and a little Fentanyl if necessary. From the photos I have of my surgery, it just might be a bit uncomfortable if one is awake. I still regret not pushing harder to watch.

Had my sleep follow up. Here's the diagnosis:
1. Obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome, moderate to severe, severe in the supine position.
2. Nocturnal hypoxemia is also recorded within oxygen nadir of 81%. 4% of the total sleep time is spent in O2 saturation less than 88%.
5. Her sleep is somewhat fragmented. 142 arousals (please keep minds clean) are recorded with an index of 43 per hour.

The report is five pages long. I sent the original full color report to Dena; she is smarter than me and knows a whole lot more than I do about these things.

As Dena has speculated, they also think it's possible I have a mild case of Narcolepsy. They wanted to try a med and I refused the offer.

As an aside, they gendered me correctly while there and in the report. There was one typo where they stated: "She has abnormal sensations in his feet." I can overlook that and laugh at the humor of that statement. They always use Christine when they address me. Any more, when someone asks for my name, I tell them Christine; it has become automatic because that's who I am.

This coming April "Foos-Day" I have another sleep study, this time while wearing a CPAC or whatever it's called. If I get a good night's rest and don't have all the near death events I experience, I'll be getting one to live with.

Now, as for Vic, she needs some front end work, stuff left over from before I let her rest for 8 years. The pitman arm needs to be replaced along with the upper ball joints and tie rod ends. I have all the parts that I bought about 8 years ago. I'm having trouble getting the Pitman arm off the sector shaft (spline shaft that comes out of the steering gear box that the pitman arm is attached to). If you have rack and pinion steering, the pitman arm doesn't exist.

I soaked it with penetrating oil yesterday afternoon. I'm going to try again using the pitman arm puller I used yesterday w/o success. If it works, I'll replace everything today and have the front end aligned tomorrow. If it doesn't work I may apply heat directly to the pitman arm using my acetylene torch, being careful to not directly heat the sector shaft.

If all else fails, I'll put it back together and work on it Monday if I can find a super heavy duty pitman arm puller. The one I am using is one I borrowed from O'Reilly's Auto Parts; it isn't up to the task. A really good one made in the USA can cost several hundred bucks. Not a good investment for occasional or one time use. I have several options I am letting circulate in my feeble brain.

That about does it for today; next update should occur next Tuesday after my next sleep over.

Thanks Linde, when are you planning your bottom surgery? Once I'm settled in Phoenix, Dena and I will venture over to Dr. Ley's office for a consult on mine. I hope they have kits I can select from by then. I want a Pretty Kitty.

Not much older than you? I bet I have at least 10 or more on you. I'll be 79 this year if I make it to August. No plans on checking out in the next 25 years unless another tree jumps in front of me. Hopefully that possibility will be eliminated shortly.

Best Always, Love
Chris
  •  

davina61

Be carful of the oil seal in steering box if using heat, last one I changed I cut into it with a very thin cutting disc and split it being careful not to cut the sector shaft.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Dietlind on March 28, 2019, 07:29:08 AM

Life is just not fair.

Linde

I have no desire to see what they are doing! The general was great except for the 3 days of feeling crappy after...
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on March 29, 2019, 11:06:42 AM
Hi Linde,                        29 March 2019

Lots of news  today, but first off Anesthesia: My knee surgeon and his group practice quit using GA about 10 years ago due to most patients being older ladies and men. GA has a bad history relative to older folks. I did a lot of research on this and it isn't something I want to fool with. The last time I had it, it took me a good two weeks to get my brain halfway back to abby-normal. Don't want to try it again

The aforementioned surgical team uses a spinal or epidural along with a slow Propofol drip to keep you in the twilight zone. Granted knee replacement surgery is of shorter duration than GCS, about 1.5 - 2 hours to replace a knee. When I had my orchi they insisted I be out so we settled on a propofol drip and a little Fentanyl if necessary. From the photos I have of my surgery, it just might be a bit uncomfortable if one is awake. I still regret not pushing harder to watch.
if th surgical team is comfortable with this, it should be OK!

Had my sleep follow up. Here's the diagnosis:
1. Obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome, moderate to severe, severe in the supine position.
2. Nocturnal hypoxemia is also recorded within oxygen nadir of 81%. 4% of the total sleep time is spent in O2 saturation less than 88%.
5. Her sleep is somewhat fragmented. 142 arousals (please keep minds clean) are recorded with an index of 43 per hour.

The report is five pages long. I sent the original full color report to Dena; she is smarter than me and knows a whole lot more than I do about these things.

As Dena has speculated, they also think it's possible I have a mild case of Narcolepsy. They wanted to try a med and I refused the offer.

As an aside, they gendered me correctly while there and in the report. There was one typo where they stated: "She has abnormal sensations in his feet." I can overlook that and laugh at the humor of that statement. They always use Christine when they address me. Any more, when someone asks for my name, I tell them Christine; it has become automatic because that's who I am.

This coming April "Foos-Day" I have another sleep study, this time while wearing a CPAC or whatever it's called. If I get a good night's rest and don't have all the near death events I experience, I'll be getting one to live with.
[/quote]
You still have to learn a little more how to have a good case of sleep Apnoe.  I manged to wake up 80 times per hours, which means, I barely slept!  Never went into any kind of REM sleep!  Because of this, I also had a day study following this, to determine how ell I could stay awake.
I am now on a Cpap for about 20 years, and it is important to find the face/nose piece that works best for you.  This is really the make or brake of using the Cpap religiously every night.  I tried about 5 different nose/face pieces, until I found my current one.  I monitor my sleep with a smart watch, and I have REM sleep periods of 4 to 5 hours a night!  I am really sleeping!
Now, as for Vic, she needs some front end work, stuff left over from before I let her rest for 8 years. The pitman arm needs to be replaced along with the upper ball joints and tie rod ends. I have all the parts that I bought about 8 years ago. I'm having trouble getting the Pitman arm off the sector shaft (spline shaft that comes out of the steering gear box that the pitman arm is attached to). If you have rack and pinion steering, the pitman arm doesn't exist.

I soaked it with penetrating oil yesterday afternoon. I'm going to try again using the pitman arm puller I used yesterday w/o success. If it works, I'll replace everything today and have the front end aligned tomorrow. If it doesn't work I may apply heat directly to the pitman arm using my acetylene torch, being careful to not directly heat the sector shaft.

If all else fails, I'll put it back together and work on it Monday if I can find a super heavy duty pitman arm puller. The one I am using is one I borrowed from O'Reilly's Auto Parts; it isn't up to the task. A really good one made in the USA can cost several hundred bucks. Not a good investment for occasional or one time use. I have several options I am letting circulate in my feeble brain.
My son could tell you moe about that stuff, he is a master Mechanic for almost 15 years now, and is running a big repair shop.

Thanks Linde, when are you planning your bottom surgery? Once I'm settled in Phoenix, Dena and I will venture over to Dr. Ley's office for a consult on mine. I hope they have kits I can select from by then. I want a Pretty Kitty.

Not much older than you? I bet I have at least 10 or more on you. I'll be 79 this year if I make it to August. No plans on checking out in the next 25 years unless another tree jumps in front of me. Hopefully that possibility will be eliminated shortly.

Best Always, Love
Chris
You only think you are that much older, I'll be 76 next month.  I am lucky that this intersex thing keeps me looking way younger than I am.  It is now my time to reap the benefits of it, most of my life I had to suffer in some way or the other because of it!  For age I set a lofty goal of getting 150 years old, after all, I want to have some time to have fun being a woman!  I really wonder if the intersex keeps the interior of my body as young as it's exterior?

Lots of hugs
LInde

•  

christinej78

Hi Ladies,                             02 April 2019

Had my second sleep study last night / this morning. Used a CPAP machine, started with a nasal piece (2 different styles) and then graduated to a face mask. The latter seems to be the direction I will be going. Had a lot of REM sleep (don't remember the dreams I supposedly had) and left there fairly well rested.

Using the CPAP will require some serious changes here at home. The pups currently sleep with me. That will soon stop. I'll let them have the current bedroom and I will move to one with it's own bathroom, the Mother-In-Law room, currently used for storage.

I have been packing things for the move to Phoenix and this room is where the boxes are stacked. I think there's enough room for the bed. I'll miss the pups but that's the price I have to pay so I can hopefully avoid additional unexpected sleep episodes.

The accident I had in January was a rude awakening. Dena had been on my case to have the study back last year and the night of the accident She warned me and asked me to not go to the Dairy store. In my arrogance I didn't listen to Her; we all know the result of my stupidity. Dena is now in charge; I'm a poor decision maker when it comes to me. I have always taken too many chances, constantly pushing the envelope; an accident looking for a place to happen. It finally caught up to me. Fortunately, only the car, tree and my ego were damaged. The car? It's in the junkyard where it should have been the day it came off the assembly line. That's the best I can say for the Chevy S10 Blazer.

Time to have Bfast , wash my hair and shower. The sleep study entails a large number of electrodes attached to one's melon. Mine is full of gooey goop that kept the electrodes in place. Later this week I should learn exactly which machine I will be getting. It'll probably be Nuclear Powered and in my favorite color PINK. That's what the sleep tech has requested.

Thank You Dena for saving me from myself; three times and counting. I Love You With All My Heart and Soul.

Back when I know more.

Best Always, Love
Christine

•  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on April 02, 2019, 10:01:24 AM
Later this week I should learn exactly which machine I will be getting. It'll probably be Nuclear Powered and in my favorite color PINK. That's what the sleep tech has requested.

Thank You Dena for saving me from myself; three times and counting. I Love You With All My Heart and Soul.

Back when I know more.

Best Always, Love
Christine
And along that line you'll learn that that air pump is your second best sleeping partner!  She is hugging my face for some 20 years already!

Good luck with getting the pink one, mine is some kind of industrial gray!
Linde

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                     03 April 2019

Today there are a couple items Vic needs taken care of. She needs a new fuel filter and the Pitman Arm removed without resorting to heat from a torch.

The fuel filter needs to be replaced for two reasons: the fuel that was in the tank when I started reviving her was 8 years old. It smelled bad and needed to be removed. The fuel lines were filled with this old gunked up stuff and there was some remaining in the tank.

So far she has run about 500 miles, some of it hard in an attempt to force the fuel system cleaner to purge the system of contaminants. By replacing the filter, I'll be able to tell just how much junk has made it to the filter. If it is fairly clean then I can allow her to run 5000 miles before replacing it again.

The next item is removing the Pitman Arm from the sector shaft. So far it has been a pain in the posterior. Tomorrow I should have something arrive that will make removing the pitman arm a lot easier. I'm hoping to have the arm replaced tomorrow without resorting to heating the pitman arm. Will let you know how it goes.

I'm going to Dallas Saturday 06 April for our monthly MTF meeting. Hopefully there will be several new members.

Will update the pitman arm adventure later today.

This is my 600th post on Susan's; that's a lot for this old gal.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on April 03, 2019, 02:06:53 AM
Hi Folks,                     03 April 2019

Today there are a couple items Vic needs taken care of. She needs a new fuel filter and the Pitman Arm removed without resorting to heat from a torch.

The fuel filter needs to be replaced for two reasons: the fuel that was in the tank when I started reviving her was 8 years old. It smelled bad and needed to be removed. The fuel lines were filled with this old gunked up stuff and there was some remaining in the tank.

So far she has run about 500 miles, some of it hard in an attempt to force the fuel system cleaner to purge the system of contaminants. By replacing the filter, I'll be able to tell just how much junk has made it to the filter. If it is fairly clean then I can allow her to run 5000 miles before replacing it again.

The next item is removing the Pitman Arm from the sector shaft. So far it has been a pain in the posterior. Tomorrow I should have something arrive that will make removing the pitman arm a lot easier. I'm hoping to have the arm replaced tomorrow without resorting to heating the pitman arm. Will let you know how it goes.

I'm going to Dallas Saturday 06 April for our monthly MTF meeting. Hopefully there will be several new members.

Will update the pitman arm adventure later today.

This is my 600th post on Susan's; that's a lot for this old gal.

Best Always, Love
Christine
My son (master mechanic), has a cool device for removing parts that require hatting, but don't like flames.  It is some type of inductive heating they use for it.  It just heats the part that is needed to be heated, and off it comes.  I am absolutely amazed how smooth this works!  I bet you could find something like it at a place that rents out tools (Napa???), and use it for the Vic.  I would probably flush the tank out, to make sure you have no solid matter inside, and get all the old varnished stuff out of it!
Good luck with the old girl!
And hugs, too!
Linde

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                        26 Apr 2018

Had a visit with the Hematologist Wednesday 24 Apr 19. My result from the D-Dimer blood draw and test on Wednesday  17 Apr was better but nowhere near normal; normal is <=0.49. Mine was 1.73, down from 2.31 earlier in the year. This can mean several things, clots are still present, clots are still forming. All I know is I'm still on Xarelto and will be for at least another month.

On Wednesday 15 May I'll have another BT and then see the doctor again on 22 May. We have talked about stopping Xarelto for a month and going on Warfarin (rat poison) for a month and then having another blood test that will tell if my body has a propensity to produce clots. Right now it's continue as I have been doing and wait and see.

Went to the Endocrinologist yesterday. Still on No-mones and it'll have to stay that way for the time being. Still sitting at a traffic light in a stalled car.

Sleep issues have been somewhat of a bear. I have moderate to severe Sleep Apnea. I started using a CPAP machine, which I have had trouble with. It's either me or the machine. I finally had a decent night's sleep last night, which was after the sleep tech at the Sleep Doctor's office changed some of the settings on the machine; she did this remotely so it's a high tech unit. She made a couple more changes for me today so I hope I'm over the hump in adapting to sleeping with it. Time will tell.

My little pooch Friday, the only man in the house, had his teeth cleaned Wednesday while I was at the doctor's office. He had to have one tooth extracted that was cracked, loose and infected. Thankfully he's doing a lot better today.

That about does it for this boring update. When I know more I'll update this thread.

Best Always, Love
Christine
That's about it for now.
  •  

Linde

Good day my friend
You will get used to the air pump.  I had difficulties in the beginning, too, but once you found the right face piece and the right pressure and ramping settings, you will sleep like a baby with it.  As i said, i am on the thing since a t least 20 years now, and it is automatic for me to put the face piece on before I turn the light of! It has become a simple routine for me!

The blood clot situation sucks, and that is why my endo wants me to not have more than 150 E in my blood.  Was your level higher at the time when it started?

I hope they can put you back onto the real fuel soon, so you can keep up with the Vicky when she runs!

See, you have a guy dog, but I have a lady dog, and as a got girl she currently has a UTI.  What else should one expect of a female?

Take care and have a little fun!
Linde

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on April 26, 2019, 05:17:50 PM
Good day my friend
You will get used to the air pump.  I had difficulties in the beginning, too, but once you found the right face piece and the right pressure and ramping settings, you will sleep like a baby with it.  As i said, i am on the thing since a t least 20 years now, and it is automatic for me to put the face piece on before I turn the light of! It has become a simple routine for me!

The blood clot situation sucks, and that is why my endo wants me to not have more than 150 E in my blood.  Was your level higher at the time when it started?

I hope they can put you back onto the real fuel soon, so you can keep up with the Vicky when she runs!

See, you have a guy dog, but I have a lady dog, and as a got girl she currently has a UTI.  What else should one expect of a female?

Take care and have a little fun!
Linde

Hi Linde,                       26 April 2019

Thanks for posting mis amiga. The CPAP has been a pain in the can. They have a portal for the patient to see the results of their treatment with the machine. The problem is the website was designed for the 95% of the population that haven't a clue. Unfortunately, something designed for them is essentially useless for an engineer. It's not doing much for Dena and me so I have been having the doctor's sleep tech print out what she sees, which is much more detailed. Logistics is a problem and she has other things she needs to do besides answer my questions.

We made some changes to the machine's settings; decreased the ramp time, upped the minimum pressure and the maximum. They gave me three full face masks, S, M, L. They fitted me with a M. Last night I switched to L and slept the best so far. I want this thing to work. I'm sick of being paranoid while driving and I'm sick of just dropping off to sleep without warning.

My accident 17 Jan 19 was enough for me, and it got my attention big time. It was totally my fault because I didn't listen to Dena when she warned me not to go that night. She is now in-charge; I only make mundane decisions like which shade of pink panties to wear. 

As far as the clot issue, it is what it is. I'm not about to risk a stroke or death by self medicating for E. I don't have to worry about T, it's history. Somehow this will get resolved on the positive side, just don't know how or when. I'm going to let the Doctors and Dena make the decisions. I haven't the expertise or medical knowledge to risk going it alone.

Aside from these issues, everything is fine. Vic is running well, in fact better than expected, especially for having been stored and exposed to the elements for 8 years. She needs the A/C fixed, I have the parts, a blower and the climate control module. The blower is a no brainer and easy to replace. Not so for the CC module. It goes into the firewall behind the engine, which will require removing hoses and other items just to get at it. It's on a low priority list at the moment. If it ever warms up maybe I'll get "rountoit."

My priority now is to sell the collector cars I have; once they are gone I'm off to be with Dena in Phoenix. She is the Sunshine in my Life and I want to be with Her for as long as I am on the green side of the lawn; in the case of Arizona, the sunny side of the sand and or rocks. The only place I want to see grass is anywhere I don't have to care for and/or mow it.

My "E" was 58 the first time it was checked. I don't recall what it was when the clot reared it's ugly head. This is something that will take time to resolve. I may have to remain a Eunuch that presents female.

I have three pups, Abigail (Abbie), Friday and Ella. Abbie is a mixed breed terrier, Friday is a Jack Russell and Ella is an Australian Shepard with a full tail. Friday is the Man of the house, everyone else is female. Friday has it "maid."

Take care Linde; help keep the folks here at Susan's Place informed; you have a lot of expertise, which you do share; thank you for doing so.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

christinej78

Hello out there.                          19 May 2019

Here is a quick update:

CPAP
Friday 17 May 2019 - Machine replaced due to defect. Had an intermittent problem that would leave me gasping for air in the middle of the night. Dena figured out it must have a defective air pressure sensor. Called the supplier and they replaced it, under warranty, with a new unit. Used it last night and it worked as it is supposed to.

DVT
Had another D-dimer blood draw Wednesday 15 May 2019. Will learn the results Wednesday 22 May 2019. The result will determine how we proceed with treatment and my suspended HRT. Whatever Dena, the Doctors and I decide, will be subjected to extreme caution and safety.

Phoenix & Cars
Cars are now visible and can be viewed. A collector is coming to see them sometime in the next two weeks. We've looked at recent sales of similar cars and it appears that they are in demand due to their rarity. As soon as they are sold, I'll be on my way to be with Dena so fast that my shadow will be my only remaining vestige in Texas.

More later this week.

Best Always, Love
Christine

•  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on May 19, 2019, 02:58:16 AM
Hello out there.                          19 May 2019

Here is a quick update:

CPAP
Friday 17 May 2019 - Machine replaced due to defect. Had an intermittent problem that would leave me gasping for air in the middle of the night. Dena figured out it must have a defective air pressure sensor. Called the supplier and they replaced it, under warranty, with a new unit. Used it last night and it worked as it is supposed to.

DVT
Had another D-dimer blood draw Wednesday 15 May 2019. Will learn the results Wednesday 22 May 2019. The result will determine how we proceed with treatment and my suspended HRT. Whatever Dena, the Doctors and I decide, will be subjected to extreme caution and safety.

Phoenix & Cars
Cars are now visible and can be viewed. A collector is coming to see them sometime in the next two weeks. We've looked at recent sales of similar cars and it appears that they are in demand due to their rarity. As soon as they are sold, I'll be on my way to be with Dena so fast that my shadow will be my only remaining vestige in Texas.

More later this week.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Dear Christine
All there points sound positive to me!  Just keep on trucking!
Hugs
Linde

•  

Rayna

Hoping for a quick and lucrative sale!
Love Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •