Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Your favorite bands that no one has heard of?

Started by TicTac, April 01, 2018, 11:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TicTac

This is the 2018 edition of a thread made way back in the day by riotgirl. It was really popular but it is old so here is a new one!

The band can't be linkin park popular, but at the same time the band can have a fandom you know? So do not worry about it too much!

I will start it off with 2 bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9-eyCcFX4&list=PL_WcN4ixUof42p3bThdYNU5DF-JbNpj1_&index=20

•  

Roll

First, Electric Six! They had a few novelty meme type hits that aren't their better songs just out of comedic value, with their best stuff remaining on the obscure side. Huge cult following though. Bizarre blend of countless genres all with total nonsense lyrics.

Second, KMFDM. Industrial band I loved as a kid. Definitely a band that many people may have heard of, and heavily influential in certain circles, but never had mainstream success almost by choice (had a feud with MTv back when it was that or nothing). Personal favorite song is Anarchy, but won't link it here because of language/objectionable content. Instead, linked song is Ultra, probably their best known song in the 90's except maybe Juke Joint Jezebel(which was on Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack, which despite being the soundtrack to a video game movie was crazy successful and chart topping since it was a crazy good compilation of Industrial, hard rock, etc. songs from major 90s bands in the genres like Stabbing Westward, Type-O Negative, and Gravity Kills).

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Evienne

I mean I could make a list of orchestras that create totally epic music but you asked for band so I found this one guy, not that long ago that I found I really loved. It seems when I try to show other people they get upset from his voice but I grew to actually really like it.
The music is like a rock/orchestra combo which is just so freakin' cool for me.
Oh yeah, the name is Major Voice btw.

But not only do I love the music, I found him through the music videos and I just LOVE these videos so much. The style is amazing, I know plenty of people will disagree with me but for me, this is really great.

I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 20, 2018, 01:14:29 AM
I mean I could make a list of orchestras that create totally epic music but you asked for band so I found this one guy, not that long ago that I found I really loved. It seems when I try to show other people they get upset from his voice but I grew to actually really like it.
The music is like a rock/orchestra combo which is just so freakin' cool for me.
Oh yeah, the name is Major Voice btw.

But not only do I love the music, I found him through the music videos and I just LOVE these videos so much. The style is amazing, I know plenty of people will disagree with me but for me, this is really great.

This sh*t is awesome! How can anyone not like this?? Totally will be adding these songs to my music playlist!  :icon_headfones:
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Roll on April 02, 2018, 07:30:05 AM
First, Electric Six! They had a few novelty meme type hits that aren't their better songs just out of comedic value, with their best stuff remaining on the obscure side. Huge cult following though. Bizarre blend of countless genres all with total nonsense lyrics.

Second, KMFDM. Industrial band I loved as a kid. Definitely a band that many people may have heard of, and heavily influential in certain circles, but never had mainstream success almost by choice (had a feud with MTv back when it was that or nothing). Personal favorite song is Anarchy, but won't link it here because of language/objectionable content. Instead, linked song is Ultra, probably their best known song in the 90's except maybe Juke Joint Jezebel(which was on Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack, which despite being the soundtrack to a video game movie was crazy successful and chart topping since it was a crazy good compilation of Industrial, hard rock, etc. songs from major 90s bands in the genres like Stabbing Westward, Type-O Negative, and Gravity Kills).

The guy in the first video was really getting down lol damn. Pretty great music you post there though!
  •  

TheDelBel

I love Bis. They've made some pretty good songs, and this one is my favorite:
<3
  •  

RabbitSpectre

>)

I have some for you.

Polaris (Melodic hardcore - just breaking into the world scene)

Rabbit Junk (Digital hardcore/hardclash/riot girl - very politically and ethically outspoken <3)

Clawerfield (Cybermetal/melodic industrial hardcore)

Holding Absence(Post hardcore/melodic hardcore)

Knuckle Puck (Punk/posthardcore/pop punk - just gaining greater popularity)
  •