Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Orchiectomy

Started by SforaNymph, April 03, 2018, 11:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SforaNymph

I had an Orchiectomy done on March 23rd, 2018. I have a few questions like did your doctors keep you on spironolactone? I keep hearing that testosterone never leaves the body. Also does anyone know how long it takes for the testosterone to lower in the body? I am just curious is all.

Thanks,
Sfora
  •  

Devlyn

Spiro was stopped before surgery for me. I  was tested for estradiol and testosterone levels 19 days post op and I was in perfect female ranges on both.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

SforaNymph

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I was tested a month before surgery and my T levels were still high. So my doctor up all my doses, and than I got my surgery and wanting to stop the spiro but I don't know how long it takes for the T-levels to drop completely.

Thanks,
Sfora
  •  

Devlyn

I had the orchi because my T actually went up on spiro. Three weeks after the surgery: girl. :)

You're probably in those ranges now.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

SforaNymph

Lol I hope they drop cause I hate taking spiro, lol. Have you seen a huge drop in your T-Levels now that your not on Spiro anymore?

Thanks,
Sfora
  •  

Kristinagl

I had my orchidectomy on the 5th and stopped taking spiro that day. 3 weeks later I had my blood work done and my testosterone was almost non existent. I just saw my endro and he said after the surgery you no longer require spiro. Soooo yeah....that's my 2 cents hope it helps
  •  

SforaNymph

H, Thank you Kristinagl that does help a lot. Mine keeps telling me to stay on it permanently, and I'm like I shouldn't need it anymore. I may get a second opinion from another endro.

Thanks,
Sfora
  •  

Chris8080

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 03, 2018, 12:07:55 PMSpiro was stopped before surgery for me. I was tested for estradiol and testosterone levels 19 days post op and I was in perfect female ranges on both. Hugs, Devlyn

Exactly the same for me. Doc said I wouldn't need the spiro after surgery and since my script ran out a couple of weeks prior to surgery she didn't refill it. Happy days. Roughly a month and a half after surgery the estradiol and testosterone levels were at normal female levels.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: SforaNymph on April 03, 2018, 12:19:05 PM
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I was tested a month before surgery and my T levels were still high. So my doctor up all my doses, and than I got my surgery and wanting to stop the spiro but I don't know how long it takes for the T-levels to drop completely.

Thanks,
Sfora

I'm having my orchi tomorrow and my doctor told me that once it's done, it takes 48 hours for the T to completely leave the body. So yeah you don't need spiro anymore. I will not be taking it after surgery...Can't wait!!! Those urges to pee all the time even waking me up in my sleep are so annoying.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

SforaNymph

Hi Charlie,

Yah I am still taking spiro, proestrogen, and estrogen. The one thing I am noticing is my body hair is growing back faster since having the orchi, as well as erections, and so on, which I didn't have before the Orchi. Could it be possible to still have high T-levels even after testicles are removed?

Thanks,
Sfora
  •  

AnneK

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: SforaNymph on April 09, 2018, 03:36:56 PM
Hi Charlie,

Yah I am still taking spiro, proestrogen, and estrogen. The one thing I am noticing is my body hair is growing back faster since having the orchi, as well as erections, and so on, which I didn't have before the Orchi. Could it be possible to still have high T-levels even after testicles are removed?

Thanks,
Sfora

Hmm I don't think your T is higher, I don't think it's possible, but I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe talk to your doctor about it. About erections...well I've felt very...excited today and yesterday but I think it's psychological in my case, I just feel so much happier with my life and my body!
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: AnneK on April 09, 2018, 04:31:27 PM
How did it go?

Very well! I'm still a bit swollen but it doesn't hurt anymore and I'm just so happy to have the T out of my system :)
  •  

SforaNymph

Glad your surgery went well. I am consulting a different endocrinologist this Friday who is gonna take my blood, and so on. I do have to say that after my surgery being close to 3 weeks post op I am more happier than I was before surgery.

Sfora
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: SforaNymph on April 09, 2018, 07:29:10 PM
Glad your surgery went well. I am consulting a different endocrinologist this Friday who is gonna take my blood, and so on. I do have to say that after my surgery being close to 3 weeks post op I am more happier than I was before surgery.

Sfora

Did your scrotum shrink? Mine is still swollen so it's stretched and apparently the same size...I would really like it to shrink just a bit.
  •  

SforaNymph

Sadly no mine hasn't but my surgeon said over time it will shrink a little.

Sfora
  •  

Devlyn

The swelling and the "memory" of the skin take time to adjust to their final form. I have only a small percentage of what was there pre-surgery. Im 7 months post-op now.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 09, 2018, 08:02:18 PM
The swelling and the "memory" of the skin take time to adjust to their final form. I have only a small percentage of what was there pre-surgery. Im 7 months post-op now.
Good to know!! Right now for me it looks like there's a lot of extra skin lol... Not a pretty sight.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando Tapatalk

•  

Devlyn

I had a point where the scrotum skin actually looked the little
thing that dangles at the back of your mouth.  :laugh:
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 11, 2018, 09:51:00 AM
I had a point where the scrotum skin actually looked the little
thing that dangles at the back of your mouth.  [emoji23]
Devlyn did you feel like there was something hard in there the first few days? I'm 6 days post op and I was in the shower and touched there and it feels like there is 2 hard things in there. I'm trying to stay positive and think that it must be scar tissue or something else that feels hard but I'm brain is freaking out thinking she might have placed 2 testicular implants... I mean that would be ridiculous especially because she knows I'm trans and I wanted the flatness but now I'm scared that that's what happened :( I got my appointment with her tomorrow and I'm scared to know the answer.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando Tapatalk

•