Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 16, 2018, 09:36:19 AM
Sunday Morning, 6:15AM

In a couple hours I will be arriving at the starting line of a local running event....  I will try to get a few of my friends to take some photos of my involvement in the running.... and hopefully of me arriving at the finish line.!!!  :)

I love to get involved in these kinds of energetic activities... I end up at the end being stiff and sore for a day or two, but participating not only is good for my body, but it is good for my self-esteem and how I feel about myself.  Plus it is a great way to be involved with new friends and acquaintances and to be seen as a involved member of my small local community...  very important for my personal life and as well for my small local business. 

Wish me well....  I will post more later.
Hugs,
Danielle

Good luck Northern Star*Girl!
Love to see pics, or it didn't happen. 

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:  Sunday afternoon 2:30pm
I got back home about 45 minutes ago from my running event and took a long hot shower and I am certainly stiff an sore but I fully agree with what @Jayne01 mentioned:

Quote from: Jayne01 on September 16, 2018, 03:09:25 PM
Hey Danielle,

You are probably well into your run by now, or it may possibly be over already. It's hard to keep track with these timezone differences. I hope you had/are having fun.

I find the feeling after completing a running event is worth the pain during the event and the sore muscles that follow. It's a real sense of accomplishment. I am still on a big high from my run yesterday and my sore body is a reminder that I have done something good for myself, physically and mentally.

Go Danielle, GO!!!!!
Looking forward to your pics.

Hugs,
Jayne

One of my good friends from my gym gals group is making dinner for me and another friend that I ran with.... so we will be enjoying that this afternoon....   
I will indeed try to get a few pictures posted later, perhaps tomorrow.

Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 16, 2018, 05:44:45 PM
I got back home about 45 minutes ago from my running event and took a long hot shower and I am certainly stiff an sore but I fully agree with what @Jayne01 mentioned:

One of my good friends from my gym gals group is making dinner for me and another friend that I ran with.... so we will be enjoying that this afternoon....   

Hugs,
Danielle

Hey Danielle!

Congratulations on participating in the run. Rest well and enjoy the dinner being prepared for you and your friend. It is well deserved. Tomorrow, you can start thinking about what event you will do next.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Congratulations Danielle for completing this running event! How nice to have friends cooking dinner for you!!!

You and @Jayne01[/b][/size] made me remember , I have 8 weeks before my running event and given that this will be my very first ever, I really need to start training [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Calling an Uber is not really an alternative here....

Hope you can relax tonight and enjoy a nice dinner with friends....

Hugs, Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 16, 2018, 05:44:45 PM

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Rayna

Danielle,

Good for you to complete a race! It is such a feeling of accomplishment. And usually a bit of relief. I don't really race any more because I found it too hard to relax and enjoy. I was always pushing, pushing...

Have a great dinner and evening.
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

davina61

Wish I was fit enough, there was a 1/2 marathon / fun run in Worcester on Sunday . City centre roads closed  past my workplace , good job not open Sundays!!! So is suitor#4 rubbing in the liement ??
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Great way to spend an afternoon and meeting new peeps always fun. Congrats on the Run...between you and Jayne we have a couple (or more) hard core runners.

Hope you have a great nite to go with it

Take care

liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Donica

I have to agree with Davina. I'm getting to old and broken to run. I do walk up and down 5 flights of stair every day  ::)
But still Danielle, we were there with you and wow! we made it the whole way too. Whooo! I'm tired  ;D. Enjoy your dinner girl!

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

christinej78

Hi Danielle,                   18 September 2018

You are looking great and it looks like you are having a great time up there in Santa Land; come to think of it, you might want to join his munchkins and help make toys for the kids. Christmas is just around the corner and you are as close to Santa's workshop as anyone I know.

Keep up the physical activity, it will pay off when you get to be my age and beyond. Just don't do like I did and go to the extreme.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on September 18, 2018, 02:55:46 PM
Hi Danielle,                   18 September 2018

You are looking great and it looks like you are having a great time up there in Santa Land; come to think of it, you might want to join his munchkins and help make toys for the kids. Christmas is just around the corner and you are as close to Santa's workshop as anyone I know.

Keep up the physical activity, it will pay off when you get to be my age and beyond. Just don't do like I did and go to the extreme.

Best Always, Love
Chris
@christinej78
Dear Chris:
Thank you for visiting my thread once again to share your thoughts and comments.  Oh yeah, Christmas time is a big deal here, but it is certainly a big deal in a lot of other places as well.

Yes indeed, I like to stay active as you have read my posts on my thread detailing my various activities.  Oh, no worries about me overdoing it, I do have a little common sense left even though I am a blonde. 

I will hopefully be posting some pictures of my last weekend's event... soon... maybe sooner.... all in good time.

Again, thank you for following my thread and for your replies and comments.
Hugs and well wishes to you.
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:  Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Here are pictures of the Charity Run that I participated in over last weekend.

The event was for raising funds for the families of 2 volunteer fireman that recently lost their lives fighting a wild fire near town.  Both men were long time residents, military veterans,  and they and their families are well known and well loved by all the town.

It was a rainy, dark and damp day but that can be a better than running an event in the hot weather.  The run was set up on the half-marathon route regularly used in town.  (13.1 miles  or  21.1K)

Thanks for reading and following my thread... comments are always welcome.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Dear Danielle,
Well done.
Indeed well done supporting this benefit event, and well done for making the whole distance. You look like you are enjoying yourself in the first picture (big smile) but I assume the other pictures are taken later as you can see the concentration on you face, just a little. And why not, its a long way to run. Whats best is you still look lovely :)

I hope that the event raised enough funds to meet what the bereaved families needed, and community spirit like this makes me happy, both when seeing it and when being involved (Hmm, not done anything for a while, I shall have to rectify that I think)

Keep up the good work

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

islandgirl

Way to go Danielle! Loved running that distance and for such a great cause!
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 19, 2018, 10:43:39 AM

The event was for raising funds for the families of 2 volunteer fireman that recently lost their lives fighting a wild fire near town.  Both men were long time residents, military veterans,  and they and their families are well known and well loved by all the town.

It was a rainy, dark and damp day but that can be a better than running an event in the hot weather.  The run was set up on the half-marathon route regularly used in town.  (13.1 miles  or  21.1K)

Hugs,
Danielle

Wow! A very commendable charity Danielle! I think we all love our firemen and definitely feel the loss to the families and the firemen that lose their lives while fighting fires to save us. Firemen are the bravest people I know. In California, we all gladly buy them meals and help to make them as comfortable as possible during their shift changes while fighting all the wildfires here and where you are.

Warm hugs Danielle!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

Danielle, thank you for posting your photos.  It is always so good to see your smiling face, and it is heartwarming to see you participating actively as a comminuty member.  You are an inspiration to all of us, newbies and old biddies alike.

As a volunteer firefighter myself, I am happy to see a community making an effort to support the families of fallen firefighters.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 19, 2018, 10:43:39 AM

Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle for supporting these families of those fallen firefighters.  It shows more of your beautiful self and empathy towards others.

Those pics show that it's real.  How long was the race?  You look fit enough to run a marathon!
I'm getting ready to do a 1/2 in a few months for the local women's shelter.

It does feel good doesn't it, both helping and hurting!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on September 19, 2018, 06:09:05 PM
Thank you Danielle for supporting these families of those fallen firefighters.  It shows more of your beautiful self and empathy towards others.

Those pics show that it's real. How long was the race? You look fit enough to run a marathon!
I'm getting ready to do a 1/2 in a few months for the local women's shelter.

It does feel good doesn't it, both helping and hurting!

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Thank you for your comments  ....  oh yeah I run marathons frequently so the half marathons give me kind of a break...  the charity running course through and around town was set up on the established half-marathon course... and we did run/jog the "half" (13.1 miles)   We all had a good time, no one was trying to break records except at the end there were a few that started sprinting at the last mile...

Oh yes, for sure, doing events like this makes one feel good about helping others and regarding the hurting and stiff legs and knees...  once the discomfort subsides, one feels better about themselves...  it is a real booster to one's psyche and outlook on life..

Thanks for following and commenting,
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Sonja

@Alaskan Danielle  - Hey Danielle - you look great in those photos!!  Marathon Barbie! LOL but seriously good on you for  joining in for those 2 brave firefighters. Great stuff!

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Nicole70

Danielle,

You look great, the weather looked really cold but I guess it's much nicer than running in the blazing heat. You did fantastically to run that distance, honestly I'd not fancy walking it. The funds raised are for a very good cause, those poor families loosing a father or partner.

Hugs

Nicole
  •  

stephaniec

•