Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

[quote author=natalie.ashlyne link=topic=236395.msg2155080#msg2155080 date=1531791490]
I am so happy for you, you are amazing and all your suitors know  :) You have taught me that Alaska life can be fun. hehe
[/quote]

@natalie.ashlyne  ....  aweee, thank you for your way too kind words... 
... and regarding Alaska life being fun, it certainly is and much better for me than living in a big crowded city with all the hustle and bustle....    it is my opinion that one can have "fun" just about anywhere they live, it is all about how we ourselves view life and how we interface with our jobs, local friends and various activities...
... however, for sure there are obviously some bad places to live.

Stay positive and wishing you well with your transition.

Thank you for reading and following and for your comments... you are always welcome here....
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

sarah1972

snipped:
Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on July 16, 2018, 08:38:10 PM
You have taught me that Alaska life can be fun. hehe

I was glad to see some of the pictures. It seems the townspeople have not stuck you in a cabin without utilities and an outhouse after they lured you to their town... Oh wait, I am mixing the Alaska Trilogy with the Hunted Prey Thread again  ;D ;D ;D

I can only second Natalie: I am so glad you have found your little town. It is making you very happy!

Hugs, Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 17, 2018, 08:35:20 AM
snipped:
I was glad to see some of the pictures. It seems the townspeople have not stuck you in a cabin without utilities and an outhouse after they lured you to their town... Oh wait, I am mixing the Alaska Trilogy with the Hunted Prey Thread again ;D ;D ;D

I can only second Natalie: I am so glad you have found your little town. It is making you very happy!

Hugs, Sarah

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:  LOL  ;D.... you might be right, perhaps with all the commotion that I am causing here in town ...
...."they" should move me out to a cabin far away from town.

Yes, for any of my readers and followers that have not read the Alaska Trilogy book series... you really might consider putting it on your book list.   Some details can be found in one of my past posts on my thread...
        "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Oh, by the way Sarah ....  I thought you had mentioned that
you were going to submit an Alaskan Trilogy  "book report" on that thread...
....very good idea for sure.  Thank you.!!!!

Oh, and another by the way, I just love your new Avatar photo... thank you for updating your Avatar.... you look absolutely terrific, happy and wonderful.

As always, thank you for reading, following and commenting.
HUGS and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE:  Early morning, Wednesday, July 18, 2018
     Here it is mid-July already... the summer is half-over!!!

*yawn*- it is early... 5:40am and it is cool here this morning... 41 degrees... it is supposed to get up to 65 degrees today... partly cloudy... I will take it. 
Compared to many of the hot spots around the USA that I read about I am quite happy with the weather here.

I will be going to work early as I usually do... and most likely working late as usual.
  "Work is the yeast that raises the dough" (my dad always told me this when I was growing up)

I will be getting my coffee fix at the coffee shop as usual,
and most likely Barista Suitor#5 will be there...  pink lid????  a hug????  a flirt????     
What other friends of mine will I see there????

So, now that you know my plans....
***QUESTION:  What are some of today's plans and activities that my readers and followers have?

I will post more as the day progresses.
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 18, 2018, 08:55:51 AM
***QUESTION:  What are some of today's plans and activities that my readers and followers have?
Started with a quick perusal of emails and forums, answering some.  Then a dog walk.  Going into town next for some routine errands. 

This evening my wife and I are going to the Pride Market.  It is a regular Wednesday evening farmers/craft market, but this week, for Pride Week, everything is rainbow-themed.  I'll wear my trans pendant proudly.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

sarah1972

Yes, I can imagine the commotion your arrival has created. A beautiful, happy bubbly blonde single women with a great personality must stir up a few things. I have always wondered how much of the Alaska Trilogy matches your life. There are certainly similarities. We know the circumstances of your arrival have been different. Reading this thread, however, your arrival and the interest in you is somewhat similar.

I am waiting for the day you tell your readers, someone named a lake after you (Lake Danielle sounds pretty nice!) Also - the coffee shop being the center of town is a very nice match. Hard Luck Cafe seems to be very similar to your coffee shop next door.

I am glad to read that there have not yet been fights over your affection and that in general, your dating experience is a bit better than what the women in Hard Luck are experiencing.

The Alaska Trilogy talks a lot about the tight-knit community in Hard Luck, something you also mentioned about your town. There are a few dates described in the books and how the suiters prepare and dress up. Reminded me of your description of the efforts your suitor #3 went through!

All of Hard Luck's relationships have a very happy ending!! The women coming to town have transformed the town. You have also transformed your town: Your positive example has made it very easy to become acceptable to a transgender person!

So, yes, there are a lot of similarities but there are also differences. Of course, what I write is based on the little bit of information in your thread and reality might be quite different.

So I hope you have gotten your 20 acres of land after the first year, and of course, I do hope for a very happy ending!

Hugs, Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 17, 2018, 10:15:10 AM
Quote from: sarah1972 on July 17, 2018, 08:35:20 AM
snipped:
I was glad to see some of the pictures. It seems the townspeople have not stuck you in a cabin without utilities and an outhouse after they lured you to their town... Oh wait, I am mixing the Alaska Trilogy with the Hunted Prey Thread again ;D ;D ;D

Hugs, Sarah

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:  LOL  ;D.... you might be right, perhaps with all the commotion that I am causing here in town ...
...."they" should move me out to a cabin far away from town.

Yes, for any of my readers and followers that have not read the Alaska Trilogy book series... you really might consider putting it on your book list.   Some details can be found in one of my past posts on my thread...
        "Susans Writers and Book Readers"

Oh, by the way Sarah ....  I thought you had mentioned that
you were going to submit an Alaskan Trilogy  "book report" on that thread...
....very good idea for sure.  Thank you.!!!!

Oh, and another by the way, I just love your new Avatar photo... thank you for updating your Avatar.... you look absolutely terrific, happy and wonderful.

As always, thank you for reading, following and commenting.
HUGS and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 18, 2018, 08:55:51 AM

I will post more as the day progresses.
Danielle

So far I woke up after a somewhat restless night due to a sick kid. She had a really hard time sleeping. Before dropping her off at daycare, I had already completed a bunch of work emails and attended the first conference call of the day. Then I headed out for my first personal trainer session at the gym. Now I am tending to my sore muscles while getting ready for more emails, conference calls and investigating a few software problems a coworker discovered. Later picking up kiddo and maybe go to the playground. Rounding out the day will be a small project to fix something on our house.

Usual busy day :-)

Hugs, sarah

•  

davina61

Well my day is nearly done ,ok its 6.59 pm . As on holiday called in on mother first then down my lockup to work on panel van, painted some steering parts after wire brushing with drill and then ground down some welds and fixed a few holes and bits missed welding followed of course by more grinding and painting in primer. Managed to fit front suspension beam on my own , my 2 cousin that I rent unit from has done his knee so couldn't help. By then it was 4 pm so came home , showered and cooked tea ( chicken and spinach curry) fired up the lap top and started to type!!! So that was my day ,yet another hot sweaty and very dirty day so its feet up time now till bed and do it all over again tomorrow.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Nicole70

Danielle,

I wish I had a coffee shop so close to my work like you, I work from home so if I want a coffee or being English my favourite is tea, I have to make it myself, and I lack the local chitchat found in a cafe, and certainly don't have the eye of a barista [emoji6].

I was up early this morning, went for my morning walk, also had to check on some software updates that ran last night at work, all seem good.

Kids are on school winter break at the moment so I have some time off, taking them out for breakfast/ brunch to a local cafe, when I say local it's a 10 minute ride in the car, I live in the Adelaide hills where the amenities are spread far and wide.

Later I have my weekly electrolysis session, I call it my weekly torture session. Kids and wife want ham, egg, and chips tonight for dinner, a rare treat but yummy, so I'll be making that afterwards. I'm on my diet so I'll be having something healthy instead ☹️.

Thank you for keeping us updated in your life in Alaska, it gives us girls hope of life after transition.

Hugs,

Nicole
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 18, 2018, 11:35:59 AM
Yes, I can imagine the commotion your arrival has created. A beautiful, happy bubbly blonde single women with a great personality must stir up a few things. I have always wondered how much of the Alaska Trilogy matches your life. There are certainly similarities. We know the circumstances of your arrival have been different. Reading this thread, however, your arrival and the interest in you is somewhat similar.

I am waiting for the day you tell your readers, someone named a lake after you (Lake Danielle sounds pretty nice!) Also - the coffee shop being the center of town is a very nice match. Hard Luck Cafe seems to be very similar to your coffee shop next door.

I am glad to read that there have not yet been fights over your affection and that in general, your dating experience is a bit better than what the women in Hard Luck are experiencing.

The Alaska Trilogy talks a lot about the tight-knit community in Hard Luck, something you also mentioned about your town. There are a few dates described in the books and how the suiters prepare and dress up. Reminded me of your description of the efforts your suitor #3 went through!

All of Hard Luck's relationships have a very happy ending!! The women coming to town have transformed the town. You have also transformed your town: Your positive example has made it very easy to become acceptable to a transgender person!

So, yes, there are a lot of similarities but there are also differences. Of course, what I write is based on the little bit of information in your thread and reality might be quite different.

So I hope you have gotten your 20 acres of land after the first year, and of course, I do hope for a very happy ending!

Hugs, Sarah

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:   I love you analogies from the books that at times seem a few of them to be kinda somewhat similar to my experiences here.   I just finished the Alaska Trilogy last month about the same time as you.... I found the books riveting and very enjoyable because so much that is written about is what I can see all around me.

Ahhh, "Lake Danielle".... hmm, there are plenty of Lakes all around where I live but they are all already named... I wonder how to get the name of a lake changed...  I think that would be above my pay grade.

The "Hard Luck" town and coffee shop are a quite a bit a much rougher scene than where I am....  we do get some rough edged loggers and hunters in town but they are tame compared to what is sometimes noted in the book.

Yes, indeed, happy endings.... that is what we all strive for.... but my story ("book") does not have an end yet.... I am working hard to make a happy ending for me.

No, I have not gotten my 20 acres of land and have not had any marriage opportunities....  I only have 5 acres, not 20,  and I am in town with a nice house, definitely not out in a far off cabin.  I would not like that plus how would that work with my business anyway...  I like electricity and utilities, and stores nearby... and my nearby coffee shop.

It is all fun to read about, I would like to encourage my readers and followers to go to my
"Susans Writers and Book Readers" thread and look at some of the posts in mid June that discuss details about the Alaska Book Trilogy ....  they are great books to read.

Thanks again Sarah for your posts.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

How the hell do you have time for a full time job, house duties and chores, coffee breaks, endless walking events, posting, and still seem so very in control of your life. That would take an army to sort out for me. Mind yu my elder brother owns an accountancy firm (I got better school grades than him..) and earns $300k+ at the moment - answer is I wouldn't sell my transition for 10,000 times that..
And he gets paid for customer meetings on the golf course or shooting range...
And I got better grades and more qualified by a long way I think I missed something here...( a lot)

NVM im still here typing rubbish that may entertain. Will bet that its a lot bleaker for me, I think before Xmas..

L & H

Katie

:-\

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Again on July 18, 2018, 08:17:06 PM
How the hell do you have time for a full time job, house duties and chores, coffee breaks, endless walking events, posting, and still seem so very in control of your life. That would take an army to sort out for me. Mind yu my elder brother owns an accountancy firm (I got better school grades than him..) and earns $300k+ at the moment - answer is I wouldn't sell my transition for 10,000 times that..
And he gets paid for customer meetings on the golf course or shooting range...
And I got better grades and more qualified by a long way I think I missed something here...( a lot)

NVM im still here typing rubbish that may entertain. Will bet that its a lot bleaker for me, I think before Xmas..

L & H

Katie

:-\

@Katie Again:
Dear Katie:   Well, the advantage and many times a disadvantage is that I own and run my own business and I only have a very part-time employ during very busy times like tax time.   I work long hours at my office but in between client appointments and paperwork duties there can be long idle times which allow me to buzz over to the coffee shop next door to sort out my friends there, and I also can enjoy time on my laptop taking care of emails and satisfying my addiction to the Forums here.  Plus I can have the freedom to set my own work schedule... as long as I get my business done, all is OK.

If I had a spouse, kids, a bigger house, and I was employed by and worked for a company and had a boss and bosses... much of what I do now would not be easily possible... I would probably get fired, my spouse would divorce me, ... and I would have more restrictions on my transition goals and timeline.

I have no kids, no spouse, no family anywhere nearby so there is more available time and money for me to do other things that interest me... 
.....however I really do miss having a significant other to share my life with and to be my mutual best friend in the world... Ok, I am starting to cry a little just thinking about this fact of my life without many of the things that my married friends get to experience..

Thanks for following and commenting... you are always welcome here.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Dear Danielle
I really didn't want to upset you, I feel very bad about that, its just you seem to have so much going well for you and so many opportunities. I sincerely didn't mean for you to get upset, that's got me going now.
Please accept my sincere apologies, and definite best wishes for your future which by all accounts will be wonderful.
I suppose its the 'grass is greener..' situation. I think your 'If' situation seems to fit me quite well though, and I am well on the way to meeting all your 'probable' scenario.
Take care
Luv n hugz

Katie

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

sarah1972

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 18, 2018, 08:02:16 PM
Ahhh, "Lake Danielle".... hmm, there are plenty of Lakes all around where I live but they are all already named... I wonder how to get the name of a lake changed...  I think that would be above my pay grade.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

There is still a good chance... According to the Alaska DNR, less than 4,000 of roughly 3 Million lakes or surface waters have been named. Oh, and there is a form to suggest a name for a geographical feature...

•  

JulieAllana

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 19, 2018, 06:33:51 AM
There is still a good chance... According to the Alaska DNR, less than 4,000 of roughly 3 Million lakes or surface waters have been named. Oh, and there is a form to suggest a name for a geographical feature...

Oh Danielle!  You should definitely find one of the unnamed ones and submit that form!  That would be awesome!

Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Again on July 19, 2018, 04:44:13 AM
Dear Danielle
I really didn't want to upset you, I feel very bad about that, its just you seem to have so much going well for you and so many opportunities. I sincerely didn't mean for you to get upset, that's got me going now.
Please accept my sincere apologies, and definite best wishes for your future which by all accounts will be wonderful.
I suppose its the 'grass is greener..' situation. I think your 'If' situation seems to fit me quite well though, and I am well on the way to meeting all your 'probable' scenario.
Take care
Luv n hugz

Katie

@Katie Again
Dear Katie: 
Absolutely NO WORRIES .... you said nothing wrong and you did not upset me at all....

What did kinda upset me is toward the end of my previous post I started to get teary eyed as I got to thinking about my life...
I realized that I am very blessed, there are so many good and happy things that are going on and I am very thankful but, hey, I am 38 years old and the clock is ticking... never married, no kids, ... I am aware that I am missing out on so many good things that my married friends are involved in. 
It also got me to think about the bad things regarding my transition...  well, my parents, family and old pre-transition friends not accepting me and not in my life and I am so far away. 
It is those things that upset me, not anything that you said in your comments... no apology needed but thank you for being concerned.

Thank you for reading and following... and for your comments, please continue to come here often and share your thoughts.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

sent to @Katie Again

•  

Allison S

I just read about your date with suitor 4 [emoji4]
Very cute, I'm glad your suitors dwindled because you get to know the ones that matter...
I also wondered how you have the time, energy and mindset to do everything you do. You must be a robot [emoji23][emoji6]

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 19, 2018, 09:00:01 AM
What did kinda upset me is toward the end of my previous post I started to get teary eyed as I got to thinking about my life...
I realized that I am very blessed, there are so many good and happy things that are going on and I am very thankful but, hey, I am 38 years old and the clock is ticking... never married, no kids, ... I am aware that I am missing out on so many good things that my married friends are involved in. 
It also got me to think about the bad things regarding my transition...  well, my parents, family and old pre-transition friends not accepting me and not in my life and I am so far away. 
It is those things that upset me, not anything that you said in your comments... no apology needed but thank you for being concerned.
Dear Danielle,

I understand what you are feeling. My sister is 42 and single. She has described feeling very similar things to what you have said.

You are very special lady with a deep love for life. The way you open your heart when meeting new people sets a wonderful example for others to follow. I can honestly say you make the world a better place.

Try not to think to much about things you have missed out on. Dwelling on those kinds of thoughts can drive you crazy. There is a bright future ahead. For an optimist such as yourself, you will no doubt be a part of that bright future.

Here is a big (((((HUG))))) for you.

Jayne
  •  

Michelle_P

Danielle, the past is immutable.  It is what it is, and no amount of meditating on the past can alter it.

We DO have control over what happens in our lives right now.  We can determine the path we want going forward, and can steer our lives towards and along that path.  We owe it to ourselves to try and find the best possible path forward in life, no matter where we are currently at.  That past that put us where we are is done, unchangeable, and hardly worth worrying about beyond learning from our mistakes and avoiding those in the future.

Regrets for the past, fretting over lost opportunities and missteps, is wearying and unproductive.  We can learn from our mistakes, but we need not constantly relive them.   The past is done, frozen, behind us, and we should look forward, planning our next steps, considering our choices now in regards to what futures they may bring.

With love and respect,
Michelle

@Katie Again
Dear Katie: 
Absolutely NO WORRIES .... you said nothing wrong and you did not upset me at all....

Thank you for reading and following... and for your comments, please continue to come here often and share your thoughts.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Karen

@Katie Again
Dear Katie: 

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

You are such an incredible woman, role model and friend to so many.   We are all on a journey and the difference you are making in and beyond this community is incredible.  You have so much purpose, courage and strength ....and an incredible heart.   

Extra big hug.

Karen.
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •