News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

"Your die has been cast
    *Yes, at this point in my life, I can definitely say that my die has been cast... and I am HAPPY !!!
"

Yes, this is all that's important in life, Happiness! 

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Donica

Very inspiring indeed Danielle! I do hope your two friends are BIG enough to handle the larger Critters (.50AE or at least .44mag)?

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Donica on August 27, 2018, 07:23:36 AM
Very inspiring indeed Danielle! I do hope your two friends are BIG enough to handle the larger Critters (.50AE or at least .44mag)?

Hugs,
Donica.

Hi Donica,                     27 August 2018

I see you think a lot like me; heavy steel for heavy critters. I'll add my favorite, S&W 500 Mag snub-nose. Nice concealed carry, just a bit bulky. heavy, makes a big bang (impressive), decent recoil (keep one foot in front of the other) and the flash at night is awesome. When it hits its mark the mark knows it's been hit. The .50 AE, it looks "Bad A**" and weighs 8 pounds loaded. Not a lady's carry weapon; home defense, YES.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on August 27, 2018, 07:23:36 AM

Hugs,
Donica.

@Donica   @christinej78
Dear Donica and Christine:
I hear you both.   I do own a .44 Mag, but I seldom carry that heavy cannon on my hikes...  way too much gun for my 5' 4" frame.... plus the kickback is arm-breaking, the blast is ear-deafening, and the flash is blinding if fired in twilight or dark conditions.

The good news is that I never hike in the woods alone, and the others I am with usually have their handgun on them.   As I mentioned in some earlier posts of mine, my favorite protection weapon is my Ruger GP-100 .357 Magnum... plenty of power to stop or at least slow down most critters and my backups that I hike with can always chime in with their firepower.

Thanks for posting your thoughts and thanks for reading my thread.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 27, 2018, 12:36:14 PM
@Donica   @christinej78
Dear Donica and Christine:
my favorite protection weapon is my Ruger GP-100 .357 Magnum... plenty of power to stop or at least slow down most critters and my backups that I hike with can always chime in with their firepower.

Thanks for posting your thoughts and thanks for reading my thread.
Hugs,
Danielle

I had on of those. mine was a 4" barrel with rubber grip. I loved it. I just couldn't hit anything with it unless it was right in front of me lol. It's bark would still burn the paint off the wall  ;D.

Be safe girl! lots of hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on August 27, 2018, 02:12:10 PM

I had on of those. mine was a 4" barrel with rubber grip. I loved it. I just couldn't hit anything with it unless it was right in front of me lol. It's bark would still burn the paint off the wall  ;D.

Donica.

@Donica
Dear Donica:   
Exactly what I have too... mine is a 4" barrel, just right for easy carry, and it also has the Hogue Rubber grip. 
Very comfortable higher power gun to shoot, what makes the GP-100 especially nice is that the barrel has a full underlug which puts some extra mass below the barrel.... thus decreasing the kick and barrel rise when the gun is fired.
Danielle

•  

Donica

Quote from: christinej78 on August 27, 2018, 12:22:36 PM
Hi Donica,                     27 August 2018

I see you think a lot like me; heavy steel for heavy critters. I'll add my favorite, S&W 500 Mag snub-nose. Nice concealed carry, just a bit bulky. heavy, makes a big bang (impressive), decent recoil (keep one foot in front of the other) and the flash at night is awesome. When it hits its mark the mark knows it's been hit. The .50 AE, it looks "Bad A**" and weighs 8 pounds loaded. Not a lady's carry weapon; home defense, YES.

Best Always, Love
Christine

Hi Christine! Yes, heavy steel for heavy critters indeed. I'm not sure if it weighs 8 pounds but I was thinking of the Grizzly .50AE. It's like a fat 1911A1. But you are right. They are just too much to carry around on a hike. Plus, I wouldn't trust a semi-auto if I really needed it to work. I think Danielle's wheel gun is much more dependable.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Donica on August 29, 2018, 07:58:31 AM
Plus, I wouldn't trust a semi-auto if I really needed it to work.

Virtually every military org, and most law enforcement orgs, who REALLY need their weapons to work, use semi-autos.

;D

Kate
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I find it amusing how a .357 was more than enough to protect oneself from animals until bigger cartridges came out. Did the marketing departments for these bigger rounds also hand out body armor to bears?

And as somebody who has had revolvers lock up, I assure you that a semi automatic is far easier to get running again under pressure.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE,  10:50AM  Wednesday August 29, 2018
Wow, where has the summer months gone ???... It will be September 1st in a few days on Saturday.
The trees are starting to show some color and some are dropping their leaves already.

The weather here went from pleasant and warm to cooler and cold in a snap, like someone flipped a switch.
Right now it is overcast and the temperature is 46 deg F and maybe going up toward 50 this afternoon.  Then tonight down in the low to mid-40's.
I still have more hiking to do but I will most likely be wearing sweatshirts and coats and not my tank tops.

This work week is going OK, nothing exciting, nor anything bad...   I was at my next door coffee shop this morning and lingered there for a while chatting with friends, and also with the owner there and of course I exchanged smiles and a few sweet words with my favorite Barista #5

Tomorrow on Thursday going to the gym in the afternoon with my workout-girls group... and then Thursday night is my Book Club meeting.   The coming weekend I do not have any firm plans but I am certain that I will be busy and happy spending time either reading and taking care of my household and yard chores or perhaps spending a little time with one or more of my friends.

There was some talk of a game party potluck at one of the gym girls group lady's home this weekend but I have heard nothing yet... perhaps I will find out more when I go to the gym today.

So, there it is...   nothing to earth shattering to report. .......   yet  ;)

I trust that my readers and followers are having a great day.
Please feel free to jump in here with your comments and posts....

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Thank you so much for your update! Usually, when you post such an inconspicuous update, there is a larger surprise waiting for you and you could share some exciting news with your readers later in the day.

Seems like we both have gym day. I am already done ;D another hour with my personal trainer in the books.

Ugh - maybe we could get a median on outdoor temperatures, while you are digging out the sweaters, I am hunting for the smallest bikini I can find... 96F with a heat index of 105F and a heat advisory in effect. I can try to bottle 20 F and send them over to you!

A little quiet time can be enjoyable too.

Hope the potluck becomes reality, nothing better than hanging out with friends!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 29, 2018, 01:59:52 PM
Wow, where has the summer months gone ???... It will be September 1st in a few days on Saturday.
The trees are starting to show some color and some are dropping their leaves already.

The weather here went from pleasant and warm to cooler and cold in a snap, like someone flipped a switch.
Right now it is overcast and the temperature is 46 deg F and maybe going up toward 50 this afternoon.  Then tonight down in the low to mid-40's.
I still have more hiking to do but I will most likely be wearing sweatshirts and coats and not my tank tops.

This work week is going OK, nothing exciting, nor anything bad...   I was at my next door coffee shop this morning and lingered there for a while chatting with friends... and also the owner there and of course exchanged smiles and a few sweet words with my favorite Barista #5

Tomorrow on Thursday going to the gym in the afternoon with my workout-girls group... and then Thursday night is my Book Club meeting.   The coming weekend I do not have any firm plans but I am certain that I will be busy and happy spending time either reading and taking care of my household and yard chores or perhaps spending a little time with one or more of my friends.

There was some talk of a game party potluck at one of the gym girls group ladies this weekend but I have heard nothing yet... perhaps I will find out more when I go to the gym today.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on August 29, 2018, 09:20:27 AM
I find it amusing how a .357 was more than enough to protect oneself from animals until bigger cartridges came out. Did the marketing departments for these bigger rounds also hand out body armor to bears?

And as somebody who has had revolvers lock up, I assure you that a semi automatic is far easier to get running again under pressure.

Hi Colleen,                29 August 2018

The last time I went bear hunting, I stumbled upon a bear den; my clumsy trundling around in the brush woke her and her cubs up. She came out of there full of furry fury and wearing Level IV Body Armor. I whipped out my .500 S&W mag, got off three rounds to the center of mass; the next thing I knew she was on top of me ready to chomp my head. All of a sudden, I heard a knock on the door which awakened me from my fantasy dream.

The main thing with any gun is knowing how to use it and being very proficient in its use. The 500 is a fun gun to shoot; it's recoil is not brutal, it will rise a fair amount but not violently. It will push you back so always have the correct stance, left foot out front, right foot to the rear with a good amount of spread for a right handed shooter; just the opposite for a lefty. Aside from fun to shoot, it is expensive, about $2.00 per round and that was 15 years ago.

Just checked the prices, anywhere from $2.00 to $3.00 per round.

Stay Safe

Quote from: KatieP on August 29, 2018, 08:59:28 AM
Virtually every military org, and most law enforcement orgs, who REALLY need their weapons to work, use semi-autos.

;D

Kate

Hi Kate,

I think the main reason they carry semi-autos is the magazine capacity, ease of reloading and the ability to accurately place multiple rounds where it counts ... rapidly. The military version of the 1911 is a great gun for combat. You can drop it in the mud and it will still function.

Quote from: Donica on August 29, 2018, 07:58:31 AM
Hi Christine! Yes, heavy steel for heavy critters indeed. I'm not sure if it weighs 8 pounds but I was thinking of the Grizzly .50AE. It's like a fat 1911A1. But you are right. They are just too much to carry around on a hike. Plus, I wouldn't trust a semi-auto if I really needed it to work. I think Danielle's wheel gun is much more dependable.

Hugs,
Donica.

Hi Donica,

My Desert Eagle 50 AE is very heavy when loaded, one in the chamber and whatever the mag holds (shows you how much I remember), I last shot it 14 years ago. I really wanted the Grizzly 50 AE but it wasn't available the day I stumbled across the DE 50 AE. As you said, it's a fat 1911 and isn't as heavy as the DE.

I'm with you on the dependability of a wheel gun. I've had semi-autos stove-pipe, never have had a wheel gun jam up. Best is to carry a backup piece (gun).

Quote from: Donica on August 27, 2018, 02:12:10 PM

Donica.

To Everyone here,               29 August 2018

If you decide to carry a gun, get one that fits your hand, is easy for you to shoot, will stop whatever it is you need to stop, and is reliable. Get training from a good instructor and then practice, practice. When you are out and about, situational awareness is extremely important; stay away from places where you know trouble exists. If your gut feeling says danger is eminent, listen to it and get out of there quickly. Avoid confrontations but if you have to resort to force don't hesitate and be prepared to use it. Your life is more important than some jerk that wants to harm you.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy life, that's what we are here for.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for your everyday life update. Autumn (Fall) is my favourite time of year. The air is clearer and somehow seems fresher, the trees get pretty colours and the temperature is not too cold to still enjoy outdoor activities. Question: Do your seasons change on the 1st of the month or on the solstice/equinox around the 21st? In Australia we use the 1st of the month to mark the change off season.

It's nice to have a less busy day at work occasionally and have enough time to relax a little and linger at you favourite coffee shop.

Oh, my wife and I went to the movies a couple nights ago and watched Book Club. It reminded me of you with your regular book club meetings. I must admit, while watching the movie I became very envious of the close friendship between the four women in the book club. Are the books you read actual paper books where you have to manually turn the pages or do you read them as ebooks? I switched to ebooks a while back. I am a very slow reader so it takes me a long time to finish a book. I found having an ebook in my phone gave me more opportunities to read a chapter if I have some free time wherever I may be because my phone is always with me. It has been a very long time since I've read a book, maybe 2 years. Transitioning has occupied my mind 24/7 and I haven't been able to concentrate on reading. Hopefully that will change now that things are progressing well for me.

Have fun at the gym! I hope your game party happens. It sounds like fun.

Hugs,
Jayne

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 29, 2018, 01:59:52 PM

This work week is going OK, nothing exciting, nor anything bad...   I was at my next door coffee shop this morning and lingered there for a while chatting with friends, and also with the owner there and of course I exchanged smiles and a few sweet words with my favorite Barista #5

There was some talk of a game party potluck at one of the gym girls group lady's home this weekend but I have heard nothing yet... perhaps I will find out more when I go to the gym today.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

GingerVicki

Wow the handguns mentioned are heavy hitters. Nothing wrong with that but I guess I have to feel like a wimp.
I was thinking about getting a nice compact .380 for safty. I am sure most thugs don't wear body armor or Kevlar shirts.

https://carrylikeagirl.com/products/luxe-lace-concealed-carry-cami?variant=38474647685

Using a .357 or .44 I'm sure someone could shoot the target person and the other 5 people behind them. That's quite the lawsuit. Carrying firepower like that someone would need an umbrella insurance polity.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: gingerViktorKay on August 29, 2018, 03:43:45 PM
Wow the handguns mentioned are heavy hitters. Nothing wrong with that but I guess I have to feel like a wimp.
I was thinking about getting a nice compact .380 to keep in my purse. I am sure most thugs don't wear body armor or Kevlar shirts.

Using a .357 or .44 I'm sure someone could shoot the target person and the other 5 people behind them. That's quite the lawsuit. Carrying firepower like that someone would need an umbrella insurance polity.

@gingerViktorKay
Well, regarding the type of handgun that may be necessary, it really depends on what your are defending yourself against.   The compact .380, a small 38, or a compact 9mm semi are great for conceal carry and putting in your purse... and will defend you against "most" encounters with urban humans that want to do you harm.

Out in the wood and wilds where I live... especially when hiking, those above mentioned handguns are just about useless when defending against bears and other wild animals that need to be stopped before that can do me harm.   
I really don't need a canon but the .357 magnum revolver is a great compromise...   plenty of hitting power, and still light and small enough to easily carry in a holster or backpack. 

As @Colleen_definitely hinted in her earlier comment ... back in the day, the .357 Magnum was considered a "hunting pistol" when it was first introduced  .... but the manufacturers have keep coming out with larger and more powerful guns and ammo so some don't consider it to be the powerful weapon that it is..

The problem with something like a .44 Magnum of which I own, compared to the .357  it is a heavy beast, the kick will break your arm, the noise and concussion will deafen everyone and everything in a 100 yard radius, and when fired in darkness the flash is blinding.

Thanks for your comment and for following my thread.  You are always welcome here.
Best wishes,
Danielle

•  

GingerVicki

I agree totally. I would hate to have to try to defend myself against a bear with anything less than a .357 handgun. I would still consider it a fair fight.

With a .380 it may be better to attack a bear like the movie 10,000BCE when they hunt the Mammoth with spears.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Another Wednesday August 29, 2018 UPDATE... 1:30pm in the afternoon.

Well I ate a light lunch at noon, and I am working at my office getting my work done...    I just got a phone call from my suitor #3 and he wants me to go to dinner with him this evening, he asked me to wear my dress that is his favorite...  oh my, which one?  He has complimented me on a few of my dresses since I met him.....  it sure is nice to have someone that I can dress up for...  so I guess that we are not going to a burger joint to get burgers and fries... and it is going to be just a little more formal tonight.   I will leave work a little early today and go home, get a shower, fix my hair and nails, and get my good clothes and shoes on.   FUN !!!!!

So @sarah1972 ... you were right!!!!

Hugs, Danielle

Quote from: sarah1972 on August 29, 2018, 02:13:15 PM
Thank you so much for your update! Usually, when you post such an inconspicuous update, there is a larger surprise waiting for you and you could share some exciting news with your readers later in the day.
Hugs,
Sarah

•  

Katie Jade

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

sarah1972

Wow! How amazing. #3 is working very hard to lose the "shy" designation. So happy for you!

And yes, every girl wants to have the chance to dress and likes to dress up. So glad you have a chance to do so in the middle of the week. We all know it takes some extra time compared to before to get ready. So leaving work early sounds like a good idea.

I know I don't have to remind you of the well known rule: Pictures or it did not happen - I am sure your readers are looking forward seeing them.

Have a very nice evening Danielle!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 29, 2018, 04:31:39 PM

Well I ate a light lunch at noon, and I am working at my office getting my work done...    I just got a phone call from my suitor #3 and he wants me to go to dinner with him this evening, he asked me to wear my dress that is his favorite...  oh my, which one?  He has complimented me on a few of my dresses since I met him.....  it sure is nice to have someone that I can dress up for...  so I guess that we are not going to a burger joint to get burgers and fries... and it is going to be just a little more formal tonight.   I will leave work a little early today and go home, get a shower, fix my hair and nails, and get my good clothes and shoes on.   FUN !!!!!

Hugs, Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 29, 2018, 04:31:39 PM

Hugs, Danielle
How exciting Danielle!!!!

Have you figured out which dress is his favourite? He may be testing you to see if you have been paying attention to his comments. Don't worry about it to much. You will look beautiful no matter what you choose to wear. He will be too mesmerised to remember which is his favourite. [emoji3]

Have a great time!!!

Hugs,
Jayne

•