Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on October 08, 2018, 08:30:09 PM
exactly .. once you subtract $42 from that.

off to bed
g'night

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Wow!!!  what a terrific bargain....  only $8.00 ???   Again, WOW.
I would have expected the sales tax or shipping to be $8.00 ... but certainly not the coat.
Nice catch!  ...
and thank you for posting the pictures of your new coat, with you in it!!!!  (in your pajamas!!!!) ;)

Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 08, 2018, 06:06:06 PM
Monday afternoon update:  According to the weather people, the temps tonight and early Tuesday morning will be just a little warmer at 21 degrees F !!!!  I am actually looking forward to winter... a winter wonderland of fun in the snow.  Plus, Christmas time just doesn't look right with sunny hot weather and palm trees.... at least not to this northern girl.
Danielle

I would love to have a white Xmass just once...having a scorching hot Xmass day is not all its cracked up to be LOL

By Contrast it was warming up nicely for us until today and now its turned cold and wet again

I would ave thought the same as you about the Jacket...and Faith scores.......nice one

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel

18 degrees is cold but missing Fall not good. I love the smell in the air in fall.

How cold does it get? I hiked between 0 and 7 degrees last winter in the park before dawn last winter. It was cold and I was alone in the park. Nothing like listening to owl chatter before dawn.

What type of outdoor cloths do you wear, brands, for the cold?
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Jennifer M

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 02, 2018, 09:22:05 PM
@Leslie601
Dear Leslie:
I am quite flattered and even surprised that some of my followers such as yourself would take the time to read all 74 pages and 1466 reply comments on my personal "Hunted Prey" thread. Although that is certainly a good way to get a snapshot of my life and my transition.  It is difficult for me to believe that my life events would garner so much attention and dedication from my readers and followers.
Read it, devoured it, embraced it, envied it. You look so comfortable in your own skin it's amazing. (And, as I may have alluded to elsewhere, 5'4" makes me jealous.) It is sad to hear about the family issues but happy to see you thriving in your new life.

•  

Donica

BUURRRR!!!. This Grandma's bones are chattering just reading about the cold you ladies live in.

Warm hugs from a old SoCal girl.
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Angie101

I just read this entire thread.  Danielle, you are a beautiful and lucky woman.  Your story is reminding me a bit of Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon, complete with the coffee shop.  Brought a smile to my face.  Looking forward to reading more.  I've been paying special attention to your cooking posts (minus the 10,000 calorie one).  I need to start cooking healthy meals and dump this excess weight.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Rachel on October 09, 2018, 06:44:43 PM
18 degrees is cold but missing Fall not good. I love the smell in the air in fall.

How cold does it get? I hiked between 0 and 7 degrees last winter in the park before dawn last winter. It was cold and I was alone in the park. Nothing like listening to owl chatter before dawn.

What type of outdoor cloths do you wear, brands, for the cold?

@Rachel
Dear Rachel:
Not just the owl chattering but also my teeth!!!
Actually if one is prepared for the cold, with warm and well made clothes, hats and gloves it can be quite refreshing taking a walk or being out and about in the crisp winter air and snow.
For really cold temperature and snow weather I like the very long length down coats with integrated hoods.  The well made ones can get a little expensive but are well worth it.
Just a few of the brands that I like are:
North Face
High Sierra
Patigonia
... and some others too.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for posting.  You are always welcome here.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jennifer M on October 09, 2018, 10:43:19 PM
Read it, devoured it, embraced it, envied it. You look so comfortable in your own skin it's amazing. (And, as I may have alluded to elsewhere, 5'4" makes me jealous.) It is sad to hear about the family issues but happy to see you thriving in your new life.

@Jennifer M
Wow...  another reader/follower that has just read my entire thread....
... thank you for your interest and for following.
I am quite flattered that you would take the time to do that...  thank you.

Also, thank you for your way too kind words.
Hugs and well wishes... and always feel free to post your thoughts here.
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Angie101 on October 10, 2018, 10:02:28 AM
I just read this entire thread.  Danielle, you are a beautiful and lucky woman.  Your story is reminding me a bit of Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon, complete with the coffee shop.  Brought a smile to my face.  Looking forward to reading more.  I've been paying special attention to your cooking posts (minus the 10,000 calorie one).  I need to start cooking healthy meals and dump this excess weight.

@Angie101
Thank you for your kind words and for following my thread ... 
...I am still overwhelmed that you would take the time to read my entire thread... all 76 pages and over 1500 reply comments.

Well, you now you know about all there is to know about my transition journey...
I sincerely hope that you found encouragement and information that can assist you in your transition journey.

Thank you for reading and following, please know that you are always welcome here.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on October 10, 2018, 08:05:25 AM
BUURRRR!!!. This Grandma's bones are chattering just reading about the cold you ladies live in.

Warm hugs from a old SoCal girl.
Donica.

@Donica
Dear Donica:
I would rather have the cool, cold, wet and snow ... than the scorching heat, lack of water, too much rain, mud slides, lack of electric power, wild fires, etc... that a lot of the rest of the country has had lately.....   plus  no crowded freeways and no traffic jams here.
The stunning scenery, the wild life, the fresh clean air and small town atmosphere are very enjoyable for sure. 

Thanks for posting your thoughts... please come here to my thread as often as you wish.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

lostinlonging

Hallo, beautiful lady.
You are looking more female than your gym friends with your body. It is good to read about your life and I am wishing you are happy and life is not troubling you. Much love and peace is sent to you from Germany.
Dank.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 10, 2018, 12:58:28 PM
@Donica
Dear Donica:
I would rather have the cool, cold, wet and snow ... than the scorching heat, lack of water, too much rain, mud slides, lack of electric power, wild fires, etc... that a lot of the rest of the country has had lately.....   plus  no crowded freeways and no traffic jams here.
The stunning scenery, the wild life, the fresh clean air and small town atmosphere are very enjoyable for sure. 

Thanks for posting your thoughts... please come here to my thread as often as you wish.
Hugs,
Danielle

Well, when you put it that way, you are sooo right :(
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

islandgirl

Hi Danielle! Thought I would stop in to say Hi! All the talk of cold temps gives me the shivers! We get cool and it gets wet here on the Island! As your temps getting colder, at least you have someone to cuddle up too!

I am still struggling with a major choice in my life. I am OK but stressed. Your positive outlook is always a reference point for me! Many Hugs!

Kelly
  •  

Jessica

@islandgirl

Quote from: islandgirl on October 11, 2018, 12:21:25 PM
Hi Danielle! Thought I would stop in to say Hi! All the talk of cold temps gives me the shivers! We get cool and it gets wet here on the Island! As your temps getting colder, at least you have someone to cuddle up too!

I am still struggling with a major choice in my life. I am OK but stressed. Your positive outlook is always a reference point for me! Many Hugs!

Kelly

Kelly, I'm glad to see you checking in with us here.  I do love seeing your posts!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: islandgirl on October 11, 2018, 12:21:25 PM

Kelly

@islandgirl
Dear Kelly:
It seems like forever since I have seen you post anywhere on the forums... I have missed your presence around the various threads.  In the last month you have only posted twice....  once here on my "Hunted Prey" thread and once on my "Book Readers and Writers" thread.   I can certainly understand your not being here as much based on what you stated about struggling with life changes and stress....  I sincerely and hopefully trust that you can get a handle of the issues that you are dealing with so you can start singing your "happy song" again soon.

Ah yeah, indeed, the cold is something that some of us in some areas of the country and the world have to deal with, but if one is prepared, winter can be an enjoyable season, plus as you intimated, it gives me the excuse to cuddle up to someone.... hmm, which of my Suitors are you thinking of when you mentioned that? ???

So Kelly, thank you for checking in, and please don't stay away so long... and again, wishing you well in taking care of your difficult and stressful issues.
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Hey there Danielle!!

Just dropping in to say Hi! Perhaps G'day would be more appropriate? Oh what the heck, have one of each.....
G'day and Hi from down under!

I have been a little absorbed in my own personal going ons lately and haven't really had a chance to stay up to date with all my friends here on the forum. The way you describe your town, it sounds like a really nice place to live. Nice people, beautiful surroundings, no traffic and the weather sounds very appealing to me. I prefer the colder temperatures to the searing heat we get here in the summer. You can always dress for the cold, not much you can do with the heat, other than try to escape it. I have to admit that I do enjoy the conveniences of living in a city. I guess my ideal place would be a smallish town with beautiful surroundings within 1.5-2 hours commuting time from a city. Where do I find such a place? Oh, and the climate has to be suitable too, some mountains nearby and maybe a lake or two. Am I asking too much? [emoji23]

Seriously, I am thrilled that you have been able to settle into your new town and call it home. It sounds like you really like living there. I'm so happy for you.

Lots of hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jayne01 on October 12, 2018, 05:20:36 AM
Hey there Danielle!!

Just dropping in to say Hi! Perhaps G'day would be more appropriate? Oh what the heck, have one of each.....
G'day and Hi from down under!

I have been a little absorbed in my own personal going ons lately and haven't really had a chance to stay up to date with all my friends here on the forum. The way you describe your town, it sounds like a really nice place to live. Nice people, beautiful surroundings, no traffic and the weather sounds very appealing to me. I prefer the colder temperatures to the searing heat we get here in the summer. You can always dress for the cold, not much you can do with the heat, other than try to escape it. I have to admit that I do enjoy the conveniences of living in a city. I guess my ideal place would be a smallish town with beautiful surroundings within 1.5-2 hours commuting time from a city. Where do I find such a place? Oh, and the climate has to be suitable too, some mountains nearby and maybe a lake or two. Am I asking too much? [emoji23]

Seriously, I am thrilled that you have been able to settle into your new town and call it home. It sounds like you really like living there. I'm so happy for you.

Lots of hugs,
Jayne

@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:
Thank you popping in to say "hello" and for your comments and sharing your thoughts on my thread.
I have been enjoying following you around the forums and reading about you and your life from afar.

Oh, for sure, where I live I really enjoy it, no rush hour traffic, no traffic jams, fresh air, mountain scenery, lakes and rivers, great hiking, distinct 4 seasons, trees, lakes, abundant wild life, and my small town coffee shop and because of small town living I know and have befriended many here, and I even have a few suitors.... 

I have not posted much that is exciting on my thread lately because not much new stuff is going on...  I am still seeing 3 interesting suitors... shyguy#3, dental hygienist#4 and everyday at the coffee shop barista#5.  I am still going weekly to the gym with my gym-gals group of 5 cis-women, and I continue to go to my monthly book club meetings with 7 or 8 women and a man or two.  I am busy with my business and all in all I am just living an enjoyable life... 
...you and others have heard me say it before...  "Busy people are happy people."

When I was in your town of Sydney last January during your (near 100 deg F) high-heat wave,  my small group of women friends and I rented a car and took a day-long road trip go the Blue Mountains...  we went through several small and cute towns along the way... I remember especially the beautiful little town of Katoomba in the middle of the Blue Mountains... only 6,000 or 7,000?? population and just about an hour?? West from downtown Sydney if I remember correctly.  Once there we went on the very Scenic Railway and then the very high ride up ride in the Scenic Cable Car over the top of the rain forest.  .... and then an hour farther West? the bigger town of Bathurst, approx 30,000 population?  and if I remember was only about 2 hours? away from downtown Sydney...

Both of those pretty towns might qualify and meet your specifications about towns you would want to live in. ... but in Sydney you have the big city atmosphere that you like and lots of activities and interesting nearby places to see including many beautiful sandy ocean beaches.
Note: I was very nervous about getting behind the wheel in the wrong side of the car and driving on the wrong side of the road....  I had to focus hard on driving safely under those conditions but all of my back seat drivers kept alerting me to my mistakes before I hit something.
We did get to the great beaches near Sydney... because where I live there are no ocean beaches ..,we made a point to get our swim-suits on and go visit Bondi Beach and also Manly Beach....  beaches are big, beautiful, hot and sunny, lovely sandy beaches.... beautiful for sure.

I personally think that you live in a very beautiful area in the world...  enjoy it to the max.

Again Jayne, thank you for posting on my thread and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 15, 2018, 11:05:48 PM
@Jayne01
Dear Jayne:
Thank you popping in to say "hello" and for your comments and sharing your thoughts on my thread.
I have been enjoying following you around the forums and reading about you and your life from afar.

Oh, for sure, where I live I really enjoy it, no rush hour traffic, no traffic jams, fresh air, mountain scenery, lakes and rivers, great hiking, distinct 4 seasons, trees, lakes, abundant wild life, and my small town coffee shop and because of small town living I know and have befriended many here, and I even have a few suitors.... 

I have not posted much that is exciting on my thread lately because not much new stuff is going on...  I am still seeing 3 interesting suitors... shyguy#3, dental hygienist#4 and everyday at the coffee shop barista#5.  I am still going weekly to the gym with my gym-gals group of 5 cis-women, and I continue to go to my monthly book club meetings with 7 or 8 women and a man or two.  I am busy with my business and all in all I am just living an enjoyable life... 
...you and others have heard me say it before...  "Busy people are happy people."

When I was in your town of Sydney last January during your (near 100 deg F) high-heat wave,  my small group of women friends and I rented a car and took a day-long road trip go the Blue Mountains...  we went through several small and cute towns along the way... I remember especially the beautiful little town of Katoomba in the middle of the Blue Mountains... only 6,000 or 7,000?? population and just about an hour?? West from downtown Sydney if I remember correctly.  Once there we went on the very Scenic Railway and then the very high ride up ride in the Scenic Cable Car over the top of the rain forest.  .... and then an hour farther West? the bigger town of Bathurst, approx 30,000 population?  and if I remember was only about 2 hours? away from downtown Sydney...

Both of those pretty towns might qualify and meet your specifications about towns you would want to live in. ... but in Sydney you have the big city atmosphere that you like and lots of activities and interesting nearby places to see including many beautiful sandy ocean beaches.
Note: I was very nervous about getting behind the wheel in the wrong side of the car and driving on the wrong side of the road....  I had to focus hard on driving safely under those conditions but all of my back seat drivers kept alerting me to my mistakes before I hit something.
We did get to the great beaches near Sydney... because where I live there are no ocean beaches ..,we made a point to get our swim-suits on and go visit Bondi Beach and also Manly Beach....  beaches are big, beautiful, hot and sunny, lovely sandy beaches.... beautiful for sure.

I personally think that you live in a very beautiful area in the world...  enjoy it to the max.

Again Jayne, thank you for posting on my thread and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,

It's so nice to see an update from you about your everyday life. Nothing special needs to happen to qualify for an update post. Your readers and I like to hear about living a normal everyday life. For those of us still in transition, whatever stage we may be in, there is not much normality in life. Free time is filled with various appointments, or constantly thinking about what the next step may be to reach our individual goals. Speaking for myself, I am looking forward to a time when I am not constantly thinking about transition related stuff. Following your thread with the mix of outdoor adventure, romance, socialising with friends and normal daily life give me something to look forward to. Please keep your updates coming about your enjoyable life.

Yes, I agree with you, that Sydney and it's surrounds are a beautiful part of the world. Katoomba is about 1.5 hours west of Sydney CBD on a good traffic day and Bathurst is maybe another hour west (maybe less?). Besides the hot summer days, the climate in Sydney is very comfortable, but we definitely do not have 4 distinct seasons. Autumn, Winter and Spring really don't have a whole lot to distinguish between them. The autumn air seems a little clearer with a few trees changing colour. Winter is colder, but often still warm enough during the day to wear only a light jumper. Spring is a bit of a mix between winter and summer, with the weather all over the place between rain, cooler temps and with the occasional hot days thrown in. Summer is something I could never predict. We have heatwaves that could  last a few days, up to many weeks, with the associated bush fires. Our bush is extremely flammable in dry, hot weather. The eucalyptus trees not only provide the wood fuel for fires, but they also contain the eucalyptus oil which burns very well. Incidentally, I'm not sure if you already know, the Blue Mountains get their name from the blue appearance they have from a distance. This blue appearance is created by the eucalyptus oily vapours surrounding the trees. These vapours react with the sunlight to create the blue appearance. I once saw the mountains from the western side and they looked purple. That looked really cool. I think it was nearly sunset with an orange sky, and that combined with the normal blue look created this amazing purple colour. Once a fire starts, it often breaks through any containment lines and then burns out of control. Over the centuries, the bush has adapted to regular fires and to some degree actually needs to be burned so that it can regenerate. It's amazing to see new green foliage growing out of a tree completely blackened by fire.

Funny thing, I was born in Sydney and lived here all my life and have never really been a beach goer. I am a terrible swimmer so the times I have been to the beach I don't go any deeper than where I can still touch the bottom. I spend more time being afraid of being washed out to see by a strong undercurrent, which has happened to me once or twice. Lucky I had a boogie board (body board) with me to keep me afloat. My heart rate increased quite significantly during those times. [emoji51] Overall, I do like where I live, except for the summer heatwaves!

I very recently started to occasionally drink coffee. I am starting to like it. Someday I would love to come visit your coffee shop and meet you for one of the famous coffees. I will be happy with a white lid, the pink lids are reserved for you. [emoji2]

Big hugs,
Jayne
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I would worry about the notorious sharks we all read about in the waters there! 

You've just started to drink coffee?  How have you survived up to now? Ha!  I love my coffee!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on October 16, 2018, 10:15:19 AM
I would worry about the notorious sharks we all read about in the waters there! 

You've just started to drink coffee?  How have you survived up to now? Ha!  I love my coffee!
Judi

@JudiBlueEyes
Dear Judi:
The SHARKS that we all here about at the Australian beaches were not an issue.   
At the beaches I visited there, they had protected areas (underwater nets I think) and if a swimmer or wader stayed withing the areas defined by the red flags then all was OK.

I also went way up north to Cairnes to snorkel at the offshore (about an hour or two boat ride) Great Barrier Reef.  We had to put on "sting suits" on to protect us from the Jellyfish stings that could be a serious issue.   

When snorkeling around the coral reefs the only Sharks we saw were the quite small and skinny Reef Sharks... they were curious about us but they soon became bored and swam off.  The tour operators told us that they do not pose a serious danger to humans...  I am so glad because at one point I had several swimming around me... but they soon went away as I continued my snorkeling adventure.

When I started my vacation trip there I was concerned as you had mentioned in your post comment but I never gave it another thought as the trip progressed.

Regarding COFFEE.... with my next door coffee shop so handy and my most interested barista suitor#5 there and always enticing me with her coffee offerings.... 
I am addicted... I also love my coffee....     
I have backed off a little with my coffee consumption particularly in the late afternoon and at dinner time, that seems to help solve my night time sleeping issues.

@Jayne01 .... you may want to experiment with all of the various coffee brands and blends.  Also if you go to an Espresso stand or espresso shop you can start trying things like Lattes and iced coffees, etc.

Thank you Judi and Jayne for reading and then sharing your thoughts here on my thread.  You are always welcome here.
Hugs,
Danielle

•