Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on November 20, 2018, 06:57:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Danielle, I will be preparing a turkey in a new way for me.  I've roasted, broasted, bbq'd and deep fried, but this time I will Spatchcocked it!  What in the world!  Butterflying it.......  takes less time, the dry brining will reduce the moisture that is introduced while brining in a salt soak, which can make it a bit rubbery.  I will cook it straight on the oven rack with the dressing and root veggies below in a pan soaking up the drippings.  This will put a crimp in my traditional gravy prep, but I always work it out.
Mashed taters, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, sweet taters, Candied Bacon Brussels sprouts (from a recipe from @Laurie), drop biscuits, grandson made Mac and Cheese, homemade cranberry sauce, with a big bowl of that stuffing and a platter of roots.
For dessert homemade pumpkin pie and hand-whipped cream.

It will be a 'thankful' event with friends and family. 
Our doors are always open for those without family nearby and invite all we know.

Hugs and smiles from a
California girl

cc: @Alaskan Danielle
@Jessica
Dear Jess
How you are planning to prepare the turkey sounds very interesting, I have never heard of that method previously. 

All the side dishes that you are planning to serve are just what is needed for a proper Thanksgiving dinner, including your grandson's Mac&Cheese.   And of course Pumpkin Pie for dessert.

If I lived near by, I would consider crashing your party and bring my guest (#4) and pull up 2 chairs to your dinner table.   I will be looking for your report on how your turkey turned out and also a recap of your Thanksgiving dinner time with family and friends.

Thank you for posting and sharing...   you are always very welcome on my thread... ALWAYS !!!
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 20, 2018, 09:14:20 PM
I thought I would drop by and say hello, but to my shock and horror I see 'necked' feet everywhere. All I can say is, "What in the Wild World of Sports is going on?" (I'll give you slim pickens for clues on who said that.) What is the podiatrist convention in town? Anyway, hello Danielle! I will close my eyes to the little piggies and offer up my shocking plan to have turkey on Thanksgiving.  We are staying home. I will try to keep my vegetarian daughter in law away from the turkey goings on. Everyone pitches in to do a part on Thanksgiving here. My fav is home made stuffing covered with gravy. I make the stuffing. Speaking of Turkey, anyone seen Laurie? (Luv ya!)
Moniker
@HappyMoni
Dear Moni:
Just where have you been?   We have been posting "Toasty Toes" pics here on my thread for 2 weeks.... lots of fun, you are most welcome to join in.
Oh yes, your Thanksgiving goings on sound wonderful... yes stuffing...
....and the turkey, and the mashed potatoes.... LOTS and LOTS OF GRAVY !!!!!!

Please follow up with a Thanksgiving update when it is over and one.

OH, BY THE WAY....  your new Avatar/Profile picture shows an absolutely beautiful and very pretty YOU !!!!

Thank your for sharing and posting, you are always welcome on my thread... and do consider posting a "toastie toes" picture.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 20, 2018, 05:18:34 PM
To my readers and followers:

Question:  For my USA followers...  What are your Thanksgiving Day plans on Thursday November 22 ???

One of the married ladies in my gym-gals group has invited me and told me to bring a guest to her home for Thanksgiving Dinner with her family.

I have accepted and you probably already know who I may invite as my guest to come with me.

I will be bringing fresh baked dinner rolls, home made raspberry jam, and deviled eggs,   
and an apple pie to help with dessert.

Danielle

Hi Danielle,                           21 November 2018

I know "zackley" who you have in mind: "Fake Shy-Guy #3," Correct? Number 4 the "Tooth Bunny," who else, aside from me, would you choose; besides I have the love of my life so I wouldn't go unless you invited both of us.

I am preparing a wild turkey, well I think it's a wild turkey. Actually, it was in the road as I was driving along under the posted speed limit as I usually do and didn't get out of the way before I clobbered it. It's kind of roughed up and doesn't look like much but it looks good enough. Besides, once I have pulled all the feathers out and scrubbed it up a bit, it should be fine. My friend across the street came over and helped me extract it from the grill of my car; it came out fairly easily..... in multiple pieces. The only thing that bothers me is its head, kind of strange looking, downright ugly if you ask me now that I have given it some thought. My friend that helped me rescue it from my grill (not the BBQ kind) said it didn't look like a turkey. Maybe it's an "iggle" or a pigeon, definitely not a robin as it's all black with 10 foot wings and a head that looks like it was made to tear meat off dead bodies. All I know for certain is it sure messed up my grill and radiator. I just hope I got all the grill parts out of the carcass; don't think melted plastic grill parts will do anything for the taste.

Funny thing, several folks I had invited to Thanksgiving dinner abruptly canceled out after they got a good look at the turkey.

Have a Very Happy Thanksgiving and may the Good Lord bless you and all of your friends and everyone here at Susan's Place.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

HappyMoni

Hey Chris, can I vulture a guess, I mean venture a guess that that ain't no turkey. Sounds like something out of the Addams family menu, you know, where they serve the drinks with smoke coming out of  the cup. lol "Mind if I smoke?"

Danielle, sorry I am late to the 'toe main' course. I just popped in for the dessert. Work, that pesky thing, has kept me busy and I don't visit with all the exotic Susan places I would like to visit these days. Hope you and all your popcorn eating friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know the food is a big part of Thanksgiving, but I hope everyone will remember the truly important part of the day. It's the GRAVY! It's the GRAVY!  ;D
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Danielle, we're cooking a goose, probably to be stuffed with chestnuts & sausage. Looks like just me and my sweetie for t-day this year.

I'll post some foot shots when I get a chance (not nekked, I have some new pretty heels I want to show off). Moni, when Sadie plays footsie, her toes aren't mating with her partner's toes ;-).

Also, dunno if you caught my other news, I've been accepted into the cast of a local production of the Vagina Monologues in February, including writing and speaking a new intro this group's monologue about having a trans vagina.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: SadieBlake on November 21, 2018, 04:59:03 AM
Danielle, we're cooking a goose, probably to be stuffed with chestnuts & sausage. Looks like just me and my sweetie for t-day this year.

I'll post some foot shots when I get a chance (not nekked, I have some new pretty heels I want to show off). Moni, when Sadie plays footsie, her toes aren't mating with her partner's toes ;-).

Also, dunno if you caught my other news, I've been accepted into the cast of a local production of the Vagina Monologues in February, including writing and speaking a new intro this group's monologue about having a trans vagina.

Come on Sadie, your toe shot? Got to be rated XXX right? lol  Cool news. Now, that vagina monologue, does that come in different sizes? How many times a day do you use it? Dang doctors always coming up with this new stuff.  :P

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 21, 2018, 05:08:07 AM
Now, that vagina monologue, does that come in different sizes? How many times a day do you use it? Dang doctors always coming up with this new stuff.  :P

At this point I'd be happy with a vagina analogue.

How does that song go?
[emoji445] See youuuu in Septemmmmber [emoji445]

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 20, 2018, 11:00:42 PM
OH, BY THE WAY....  your new Avatar/Profile picture shows an absolutely beautiful and very pretty YOU !!!!
Moni, I have to agree with Danielle.  You look lovely!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

davina61

Gravy a meal on its own, looking great Moni and Steph . Have to wait till xmas for my roast turkey, have a good blow out every one and make loads of pigs in blankets and bacon stuffing rolls
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

HappyMoni

Davina I have to ask. Is Thanksgiving in your country based on being thankful for ditching the US, (the colonies?) Especially the last two years, I'd be thankful.

Thank you for the comments on my picture ladies, your comments do make me feel good. I am in excellent company when I look at your pictures Steph, Kathy and Davina. Beautiful. That and talking gravy with Davina and Sadie's promise of sexy foot photos, well I'm getting the vapors here. I need some Danielle weather to cool me down. Where is that girl anyway? Have a great holiday if I don't see ya later. I just lost ten pounds and now we get Thanksgiving, really?  :o

]
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 21, 2018, 03:58:13 AM
Hey Chris, can I vulture a guess, I mean venture a guess that that ain't no turkey. Sounds like something out of the Addams family menu, you know, where they serve the drinks with smoke coming out of  the cup. lol "Mind if I smoke?"
I know the food is a big part of Thanksgiving, but I hope everyone will remember the truly important part of the day. It's the GRAVY! It's the GRAVY!  ;D

Hi HappyMoni,                   21 November 2018

After everyone canceled out, I decided to take the carcass to a local vet that specializes in exotic wildlife. It's not a Turkey it's a Buzzard as you correctly guessed. Well it's resting in the roaster waiting for me to turn it on tomorrow. I'll have it for dinner if it smells better than it does at the moment. I think the high temp in the oven will cancel out the odor emanating from the carcass as it sits in the kitchen waiting for start time. Do you think I should have kept it in the reefer instead of leaving it on the counter top for a week?

Maybe it'll turn out fine and will start a new trend in Thanksgiving dinners. If anyone is hungry tomorrow, stop by for a Road Kill dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

HappyMoni

Oh...thanks for the invitation, Chris! Well, I got this thing..agh...and I'd really like to be there with ya, but you know, it's kind of expected that we be here! So, ah... you know I would be there for you if I could right? I'm sure if you dowse that bird with enough booze, it will be delicious.
Moni

(PS I just watched my partner throwing up  over night after Chinese food. If you have any doubt, ditch the bird!)

]
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Chris,

I would not eat it.  I would not take any chances on it.

Get a good, safe, delicious meal.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

SadieBlake

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 21, 2018, 05:08:07 AM
Come on Sadie, your toe shot? Got to be rated XXX right? lol  Cool news.

Pffft silly Moni this is quite PG IMO ... I got a lovely compliment while getting coffee after running some errands this morning, a woman said "you look amazing" ... I mean I'd done OK and was wearing my one nice outfit ... it was nice to hear, made my morning :-)

🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: SadieBlake on November 21, 2018, 11:03:09 AM
Pffft silly Moni this is quite PG IMO ... I got a lovely compliment while getting coffee after running some errands this morning, a woman said "you look amazing" ... I mean I'd done OK and was wearing my one nice outfit ... it was nice to hear, made my morning :-)

That is a nice compliment for you, or anyone, to hear.  Some people say the nicest things.
More people should!

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 21, 2018, 05:58:01 AM
At this point I'd be happy with a vagina analogue.

How does that song go?
[emoji445] See youuuu in Septemmmmber [emoji445]

Stephanie

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
Wow-zers....  YOUR BRAND NEW AVATAR/PROFILE picture is very beautiful...   I love it ... your hair looks absolutely wonderful... and your smile!!!!!   

Yes, the Vagina Monolog Analog....   very exciting for sure.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: SadieBlake on November 21, 2018, 04:59:03 AM

@SadieBlake
Dear Sadie:
Thanks for sharing about your Thanksgiving meal plans.  Have a wonderful meal and a great time with your sweetie.

Wow, your posted shoe picture and your pretty design hosiery looks absolutely beautiful.

Yes, I do recall that you mentioned that were accepted into the Vagina Monologues ....  I know that you will do all of us "proud" here on the Forums....     Go out there and do your best!!!

Thank you for sharing and posting,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on November 21, 2018, 03:00:20 AM
Hi Danielle,                           21 November 2018

I know "zackley" who you have in mind: "Fake Shy-Guy #3," Correct? Number 4 the "Tooth Bunny," who else, aside from me, would you choose; besides I have the love of my life so I wouldn't go unless you invited both of us.

I am preparing a wild turkey, well I think it's a wild turkey. Actually, it was in the road as I was driving along under the posted speed limit as I usually do and didn't get out of the way before I clobbered it. It's kind of roughed up and doesn't look like much but it looks good enough. Besides, once I have pulled all the feathers out and scrubbed it up a bit, it should be fine. My friend across the street came over and helped me extract it from the grill of my car; it came out fairly easily..... in multiple pieces. The only thing that bothers me is its head, kind of strange looking, downright ugly if you ask me now that I have given it some thought. My friend that helped me rescue it from my grill (not the BBQ kind) said it didn't look like a turkey. Maybe it's an "iggle" or a pigeon, definitely not a robin as it's all black with 10 foot wings and a head that looks like it was made to tear meat off dead bodies. All I know for certain is it sure messed up my grill and radiator. I just hope I got all the grill parts out of the carcass; don't think melted plastic grill parts will do anything for the taste.

Funny thing, several folks I had invited to Thanksgiving dinner abruptly canceled out after they got a good look at the turkey.

Have a Very Happy Thanksgiving and may the Good Lord bless you and all of your friends and everyone here at Susan's Place.

Best Always, Love
Chris

@christinej78
Dear Chris:
Well you pretty well summed it up..... 
it is no secret,
my Thanksgiving dinner guest will by my Tooth Fairy Suitor #4  [emoji173]

Your dinner preparations sound "interesting"  ....
Question:  do the wild Turkeys taste about the same as the one's that we get in the supermarkets?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and you Thanksgiving plans.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 20, 2018, 09:14:20 PM
I thought I would drop by and say hello, but to my shock and horror I see 'necked' feet everywhere. All I can say is, "What in the Wild World of Sports is going on?" (I'll give you slim pickens for clues on who said that.)

Believe the word is spelled "nekkid" and your movie reference has me on a hot seat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

I must say everyone here is looking very lovely. Naked toastie toes and all.

I'm staying home and cooking an 18lb turkey with all the trimmings.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •