Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle’s Chronicles

Started by Northern Star Girl, April 08, 2018, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

@Alaskan Danielle

I recently watched this cute, but sometimes silly movie "A Frosty Affair" (It is a 2015 television movie, 96 minutes.)   It was not really about a physical affair.   

The scenery made me think of our very own Alaskan Danielle!  That is because the movie has venues of small towns and the cold, snow covered, mountainous wilderness of Alberta, Canada. Yes, there are snowmobiles, a bear, a cabin, frozen lakes, and beautiful scenes.

It is a romantic comedy adventure movie about a small town teacher who is about to get married but after a blizzard, she gets into an adventurous trek with a stranger named Reford, in an effort to arrive on time in the city for her wedding.

This could be a fun movie for Danielle and her Suitor #4 Tooth Fairy to watch together.  Yes, I'd put it in the chick flick category, but even some guys would enjoy it. 

For everyone else, consider snuggling up with another and enjoy the movie.  Get out some kettle corn and hot chocolate.  Or maybe some great snicker doodle or molasses cookies! 

(The movie was streamed from Netflix or Amazon, I cannot remember which one.)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 22, 2018, 10:01:01 PM
UPDATE:  Saturday December 22, 2018

I was Baking today:
As promised, I have some pictures of the Cinnamon Rolls that I made today.
Lots of Cinnamon, Raisins and Chopped Walnuts.   On half of them I frosted them with a Butter Cream Frosting.   I made 3 dozen, (6 cake pans full)
I will give most of them away to my friends as my Christmas gifts.
Danielle

Wow Danielle! They look perfect. Do you make your own dough? I would love to know how or what you use for your cinnamon rolls. I have a few recipes for the really sticky gooey Cinnabons I want to try. They had some bread dough in a can where I shop but I don't know how light and fluffy it will be. I guess trial error will tell.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on December 23, 2018, 02:18:56 PM
Wow Danielle! They look perfect. Do you make your own dough? I would love to know how or what you use for your cinnamon rolls. I have a few recipes for the really sticky gooey Cinnabons I want to try. They had some bread dough in a can where I shop but I don't know how light and fluffy it will be. I guess trial error will tell.
@Donica
Dear Donica:
I make my own dough, it is not that difficult, and is much better than frozen or canned dough.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Here is the recipe that I use.  Makes 1 1/2 to 2 dozen. Refer to my previous posts for the pictures.
Hugs,
Danielle

*In a sauce pan, mix:
     ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
     2 cups whole milk
     ½ cup granulated white sugar
*heat to almost boiling, but DO NO BOIL
*remove from heat... cover and let cool for 45 - 50 minutes
*when mixture is still warm, sprinkle in 1 package of Active Dry Yeast (0.25 ounce packet)
*let it stand for a minute or two
*add 4 cups flour
*stir and cover for 60 -75  minutes, the dough because of the yeast will double in size
so make certain that you start out with a big enough pan or pot.
*add ½ cup more flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt
*stir mixture together but do not overwork the dough

now you are ready to make Cinnamon Rolls
*generously sprinkle work surface with flour
*form the dough into a rectangle and roll out to no more than ¼ inch thick
*1 cup melted butter sprinkled onto the dough, it sounds like a lot but more butter is better!!!
*½ cup sugar over the butter
*sprinkle in lots and lots of Cinnamon and add raisins and chopped walnuts
*start rolling the dough like you would a sleeping bag, then make slices like shown in the picture I posted, no more than 1" thick
*in 3 round cake pans add 2 teaspoon melted butter in each
*place 6 rolls in each cake pan and let rise for 30 minutes
*bake at 375 to 400 degrees for 17 - 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown
*while the rolls are cooling out of the oven and still warm, to add more delicious calories you can frost with a cream cheese frosting or butter cream frosting.
end
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

Thanks Danielle! I'll try this first. Would it work to substitute whole milk with soy milk?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on December 23, 2018, 04:31:38 PM
Thanks Danielle! I'll try this first. Would it work to substitute whole milk with soy milk?
@Donica
Dear Donica
No... it has to be whole milk.  If you use skim milk or 1% then it is 1/2 Milk and 1/2 half&half...
If you skimp on the fat, oil and butter they will not be very good.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

I'd try with the soymilk anyway.  My wife loves to bake.  She substitutes soymilk for regular milk all the time and has never had a recipe fail yet.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Dena

Scalding the milk or using powdered milk adds another dimension to the flavor. I tend to use one or the other in my bread making when I am going after a more complex flavor. This doesn't apply to sourdough or french bread because the milk sugar will throw off the flavor. For those breads it's water, salt, flour and sourdough starter or yeast. Never eliminate the salt from bread as the bread will become inedible.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dena on December 23, 2018, 09:30:04 PM
Scalding the milk or using powdered milk adds another dimension to the flavor. I tend to use one or the other in my bread making when I am going after a more complex flavor. This doesn't apply to sourdough or french bread because the milk sugar will throw off the flavor. For those breads it's water, salt, flour and sourdough starter or yeast. Never eliminate the salt from bread as the bread will become inedible.

@Dena
Dear Dena
Good points that you made about making breads.   In my Cinnamon Roll recipe that I posted here on my thread, scalded milk is exactly what I like to use to make my Cinnamon Roll dough.  I like it better than using powdered milk.

Quote*heat to almost boiling, but DO NO BOIL

Some baking recipes call for scalded milk; that is, milk brought nearly to a boil and then cooled down. Scalded milk makes yeast breads lighter and sponge cakes springier. It also helps dissolve sugar and melt butter, and extracts the most flavor from vanilla beans, cinnamon, citrus peels, and other flavor agents.
Older recipes said to scald milk to kill bacteria and an enzyme that prevented thickening in recipes. Today, most milk is pasteurized, so the bacteria and enzyme are already gone. Also, scalding milk raises the temperature, which helps dissolve yeast and melt butter when added to bread recipes

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 23, 2018, 09:39:51 PM
@Dena
Dear Dena
Good points that you made about making breads.   In my Cinnamon Roll recipe that I posted here on my thread, scalded milk is exactly what I like to use to make my Cinnamon Roll dough.  I like it better than using powdered milk.

Some baking recipes call for scalded milk; that is, milk brought nearly to a boil and then cooled down. Scalded milk makes yeast breads lighter and sponge cakes springier. It also helps dissolve sugar and melt butter, and extracts the most flavor from vanilla beans, cinnamon, citrus peels, and other flavor agents.
Older recipes said to scald milk to kill bacteria and an enzyme that prevented thickening in recipes. Today, most milk is pasteurized, so the bacteria and enzyme are already gone. Also, scalding milk raises the temperature, which helps dissolve yeast and melt butter when added to bread recipes

Hugs,
Danielle

I'm guessing scalding the milk actually makes mixing a little bit simpler seeing how it does activate the yeast and melt the butter

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 23, 2018, 09:51:06 PM
I'm guessing scalding the milk actually makes mixing a little bit simpler seeing how it does activate the yeast and melt the butter

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

@Arianna Valentine
Dear Arianna,
You are correct about the yeast and the butter... and it also helps to dissolve the granulated sugar.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
Danielle

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 23, 2018, 09:57:30 PM
@Arianna Valentine
Dear Arianna,
You are correct about the yeast and the butter... and it also helps to dissolve the granulated sugar.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
Danielle
Will see I've never actually baked homemade bread the homemade bread that I've made come from the store pre Frozen and little logs so you just thought out for like 8 hours and it don't really make good sandwich bread but it tastes so good

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Jessica

Lemon pie for Christmas???
Pumpkin tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on December 23, 2018, 10:10:45 PM
Lemon pie for Christmas???
Pumpkin tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Your Lemon Pie looks great... and I love Pumpkin Pie any time of the year!!!
Thanks for sharing and posting your Lemon Pie photo.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Dena

Scalding the milk is something I do when making parker house rolls or loaf white bread without the bread machine. Scalded milk taste a little off however when combined with the other flavors in bread, it improves the flavor. Powdered milk is reserved for the bread machine as it permits a delayed cycle or I can make super dense milk by upping the milk to water ratio. When I scald the milk, I add butter, salt and sugar to it as it cools to take advantage of the heat.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Arianna Valentine

There is so much good food on this thread I just want to know is it free delivery

•  

Anne Blake

OK, since baking has taken over Daniels romance novel for the season, I have a quandary seeking a solution. My partner has recently become gluten intolerant. We truly miss the chewy elasticity that gluten provides in bread. One of my gluten rich favorites is potato bread for cinnamon rolls. Is anyone here aware of any gluten free bread recipes that actually make good bread or cinnamon roles?

Desperate Tia Anne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Anne Blake on December 24, 2018, 03:01:58 PM
OK, since baking has taken over Daniels romance novel for the season, I have a quandary seeking a solution. My partner has recently become gluten intolerant. We truly miss the chewy elasticity that gluten provides in bread. One of my gluten rich favorites is potato bread for cinnamon rolls. Is anyone here aware of any gluten free bread recipes that actually make good bread or cinnamon roles?

Desperate Tia Anne
@Anne Blake
Dear "Desperate" Tia Anne:
I wish that I had a magic recipe for you to be able to make tasty and satisfying Gluten Free breads and dough for cinnamon roll, dinner rolls, etc.
Like you perhaps, I have found that most Gluten Free breads are dry, crumbly, and with a texture that is not pleasing.   

Based on my baking experiences the key to making a decent gluten free bread or other recipes that call for flour is to use Gluten Free Flour that is made with White Rice Flour... and NOT made with Brown Rice Flour or other flours.

The substitution with Wheat Flour is a 1:1 ratio and the rest of the recipe does not change.   Particularly with Gluten Free baking, do not skimp on the eggs, butter, oil and whole milk... to be anywhere near successful, it needs to contain plenty of those types of fats that go into a regular bread or dough recipe.

I would suggest that you go to your food market and look at the available Gluten Free Flours... the ones made exclusively with White Rice Flour and that do not contain a variety of other flours... those are the ones that you would want to use.

Please let me know if you have further questions and keep me tuned into your Gluten Free baking experiences.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

To all of my readers and followers: The Day Before Christmas 2018

This year has been a whirlwind of activity...  It is time now for me to slow down and to ponder all of my  successes and blessings that I have experienced in spite of the potholes in the road that have shaken me up with failures, disappointments and frustrations.

I believe that this goes for everyone... you do not have to do too much reading on the Forums threads to determine that there are others that are not doing as well as yourself, and they deserve our support and encouragement... please make that your purpose and calling and be kind and understanding to others.

The Susan's Place Forums has been a safe haven for me to share my life endeavors, the good and the bad... 
I trust that you also find this place a safe, friendly, welcoming and encouraging place to be.

Soon I will be off to go back "home" for the very first time in 2 years.  That was the last time I saw my parents, family and friends... and that is when I went Full-Time, quit my male-mode gainful employment and relocated to where I am now to start my own small business.   
I am very uncertain as to what kind of acceptance I will "find" back home but I need to go.   My parents did not accept me when I left and they are not getting any younger, my old friends back home all but erased me out of their book .... but hopefully I can show them that being a transwoman is not a freakish thing, no wild clothes and way overdone makeup, etc. but rather a respectable and responsible person.

So anyway...  I am Wishing You All
A Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year in 2019
I trust and hope that all of you will follow your dream.
Live long and prosper!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Nicole70

Merry Christmas Danielle, wishing you all the best this festive season, my fingers are crossed you have a lovely time with your family.

[emoji319] [emoji319]

Hugs

Nicole
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 24, 2018, 04:17:59 PM
To all of my readers and followers: The Day Before Christmas 2018

This year has been a whirlwind of activity...  It is time now for me to slow down and to ponder all of my  successes and blessings that I have experienced in spite of the potholes in the road that have shaken me up with failures, disappointments and frustrations.

I believe that this goes for everyone... you do not have to do too much reading on the Forums threads to determine that there are others that are not doing as well as yourself, and they deserve our support and encouragement... please make that your purpose and calling and be kind and understanding to others.

The Susan's Place Forums has been a safe haven for me to share my life endeavors, the good and the bad... 
I trust that you also find this place a safe, friendly, welcoming and encouraging place to be.

Soon I will be off to go back "home" for the very first time in 2 years.  That was the last time I saw my parents, family and friends... and that is when I went Full-Time, quit my male-mode gainful employment and relocated to where I am now to start my own small business.   
I am very uncertain as to what kind of acceptance I will "find" back home but I need to go.   My parents did not accept me when I left and they are not getting any younger, my old friends back home all but erased me out of their book .... but hopefully I can show them that being a transwoman is not a freakish thing, no wild clothes and way overdone makeup, etc. but rather a respectable and responsible person.

So anyway...  I am Wishing You All
A Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year in 2019
I trust and hope that all of you will follow your dream.
Live long and prosper!
Hugs,
Danielle

The only thing I think that I can request of you on your journey back to your family is that you be careful and you be safe and you come back to us because I can truly say that you mean so much to all of us here you are truly an inspiration you're always there with a kind word and I loving heart.

Love Arianna [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

•