Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I despise dresses

Started by JanineTheGamer, April 12, 2018, 12:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanineTheGamer

That may seem strange. The first time I dressed up, it was an ugly yellow thing, which may have ruined my perception of dresses. Even imagining myself with breasts, a pixie cut and curves, I never could see myself in one. Is that strange?
  •  

Jessica

I guess to each their own, but today I spent the afternoon in a dress and loved it.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

MollyPants

I don't think so. I have a lot of female friends who just don't wear dresses. They look great in jeans and T-shirt and that's their look. Some others will habitually go for a dress and they look great too. It's just a matter of personal preference and style. Personally I love dresses much more than jeans as infine much more comfortable and less hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

I'm full-time, but live almost exclusively in trousers and tops. I'm happy to put on a dress for an occasion,  I like having the opportunity to dress up and look nice, but comfort and practicality win most days.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Gertrude

Skirts and dresses are more comfortable to me. It's something cis men find out when they start wearing kilts. I think for some women, they grew up in a time when they had to wear dresses and such so when they had an opportunity not to, they went the other way hard. Then there is the factor of shaving legs. Wear pants and it's not necessary. Younger women in the US for the most part haven't lived in a culture where wearing a dress is expected, save for socons like Mormons and such. That said, when I see video of people in other countries, even modern 1st world European ones, women seem more likely to be wearing dresses and skirts. Maybe for me it's a rejection of a life lived inauthentically, but I feel like a normal person in a dress, where as in male mode, I feel like an actor on stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I love em rarely wear them though.
I bought this one hoping to one day wear it on a night out.

I so far never have gotten to wear it out :(

•  

Cassi

I haven't worn a dress as yet and am still grappling with whether or not I'm going to wear those outfits with no pockets.  Dealing with the thought of being too exposed, lol if that makes sense.  We'll see.  Still working on weight which seems to be going somewhere and again, we'll see.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on April 12, 2018, 03:40:19 PM

Now, if I had a figure like Rachel here, I'd be in a dress all the time, lol. :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurel D

I don't wear them too often. I only own one dress and two skirts. ( Unfortunately I bought the two skirts at the very beginning of my transition so they no longer fit. They are way too big.) I work six days a week.  So when I'm not in my uniform. I'm mostly in jeans and a shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Anne Blake

I have a couple of pairs of pants but virtually never wear them. I have a load of skirts and tops and a few dresses, mostly sundresses for summer and three or four fancy ones for special gatherings. I have tried to wear pants but they are just not for me. I did wear some denims and boots today for trying out some Harleys at the bike shop but then got out of the pants as soon as I got home. Each to their own.

Tia Anne
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I think it's a special occasion thing. I have kept this dress for my first night out since the beginning of my transition.
But so far it has not happened. It spends it's time gathering dust D:
It's lovely to where something special once in a while :')

•  

TonyaW

I love dresses and skirts and would wear them more often if it were practical. 

In winter here they almost always require tights so it's harder to get a casual look. 

Skinny jeans and leggings are awesome also so it doesn't bother me that I don't wear skirts more often. 

Rachel Christina, I have 3 dresses waiting in my closet for a place and time to wear them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Drexy/Drex

Love my goth kilts...specially in summer
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I have a number skirts, casual and dressy that I wear in the summer.  I have a few dresses but I don't wear them often.  I have gone to weddings all dressed up which I thoroughly enjoyed.  One of my sisters told me you don't need a reason to dress nicely. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: markie on April 13, 2018, 07:44:25 AM
Love my goth kilts...specially in summer

Aren't they wool and HOT?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on April 12, 2018, 03:40:19 PM

OMfreakingG, Rachel, you're beautiful! You must find or create an occasion to wear that dress! And look at other styles besides. You've definitely got the looks, girl - show off a little.

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown
  •  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: Anne Blake on April 12, 2018, 08:43:34 PM
I have a couple of pairs of pants but virtually never wear them. I have a load of skirts and tops and a few dresses, mostly sundresses for summer and three or four fancy ones for special gatherings. I have tried to wear pants but they are just not for me. I did wear some denims and boots today for trying out some Harleys at the bike shop but then got out of the pants as soon as I got home. Each to their own.

Tia Anne
Anne, I have a feeling that you're one of those ladies that can wear anything and look stunning.

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown
  •  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: JanineTheGamer on April 12, 2018, 12:16:48 AM
That may seem strange. The first time I dressed up, it was an ugly yellow thing, which may have ruined my perception of dresses. Even imagining myself with breasts, a pixie cut and curves, I never could see myself in one. Is that strange?
I love wearing dresses and skirts with pretty tops or soft sweaters.  But I also really like long tunics over leggings or tights. I'm about to order some women's jeans (but NOT skinny jeans!) to see what I think. Being older, I'm very into comfort and I like clothes that are loose fitting or flowing, especially if they're of the silk/satin/nylon/poly fabrics.

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Thanks Sarah. One of these days soon I will get a night out going.
It's nice to reserve them for special things.
I would love to go to a wedding. Never been since I transitioned

•  

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: Cassi on April 13, 2018, 10:32:38 AM
Aren't they wool and HOT?
Traditionaly  yes  but many are made of cotton these days
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •