Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Just started CDing again ~ any suggestions for panties?

Started by karenk1959, April 14, 2018, 12:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karenk1959

I am making progress toward accepting myself as a TG MTF without feeling abnormal and a freak. I just began wearing panties again around the house when my wife's not home and under my pants without beating myself up, feeling guilty or feeling ashamed ~ helping my dysphoria.

So, anyone have suggestions for panties that will make me feel as feminine as I can?
  •  

Roll

For me, my first instincts went to immediately grab some lacy thongs. While they felt good and feminine, they backfired a bit in that I did not look good in them at all. ;D It's definitely really dependent on your own personal tastes and body, but in general those are probably the most blatantly feminine. Though I liked cheeksters even better after trying them, since they do lift the butt a little. Regardless of cut though, it's all about the flourish. Too much lace is difficult to maintain and can be uncomfortable I've learned, but those nice little bows and patterns in more durable materials are amazing. Once it becomes a daily thing, cute is wonderful, machine washable is better. :P
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: karenk1959 on April 14, 2018, 12:26:18 PM
I am making progress toward accepting myself as a TG MTF without feeling abnormal and a freak. I just began wearing panties again around the house when my wife's not home and under my pants without beating myself up, feeling guilty or feeling ashamed ~ helping my dysphoria.

So, anyone have suggestions for panties that will make me feel as feminine as I can?
Shadowline makes incredibly silky nylon panties in plus sizes for larger gals, also in regular sizes. They come in brief or high leg styles and they last and last. I only wish they made them in more colors (they come in black, white, nude or candleglow). They cost a bit, but they're so worth it.

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown
  •  

NancyBalik

I'm a Vanity Fair gal, and admit to wearing the full- cut "granny panties."  For me it is the color (I'm partial to pink) and the feel of the fabric that helps me feel feminine.  I also love, love, love many of the floral and lace Soma panties—especially in the retro style.  As a daily underdressed and closeted CD, what I am wearing under my male clothes is VERY important to me.  They represent my femininity.  Nancy
  •  

Dena

You might consider a cotton hipster. Cotton is comfortable for all day wear and a hipster design is the best of both worlds. It stays up better than a bikini and it's cut low enough for a sexy feel that doesn't display above the top of your pants. I have worn them for years and have nothing else in my underwear collection.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: NancyBalik on April 14, 2018, 03:15:22 PM
I'm a Vanity Fair gal, and admit to wearing the full- cut "granny panties."  For me it is the color (I'm partial to pink) and the feel of the fabric that helps me feel feminine.  I also love, love, love many of the floral and lace Soma panties—especially in the retro style.  As a daily underdressed and closeted CD, what I am wearing under my male clothes is VERY important to me.  They represent my femininity.  Nancy
I love those VF granny panties, too. Sometimes I'm just in the mood to wear them. The pink and blue are my favorites. I wish more quality makers made more colors (I don't like Hanes or Fruit Of The Loom - they're cheap and feel like plastic).

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown
  •  

rbulova

My absolute favorite panty is the classic cotton band leg 'Granny Panty' by Carole, model # 3627.  Available from BeallsFlorida.com.  Only available in white:  would love to see them in pastels.

https://www.beallsflorida.com/online/carole-3-pk-band-leg-briefs-3627
  •  

Thea

My favorite panties are from

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeoLines

These are specifically made for transgender and crossdressing. They come in bikini and brief styles, in lots of colors. I find them reasonably priced too.
Most are hand made to order, so it takes a few weeks to get them.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Yvetteforfun

For me, selecting panties depends on various considerations; most importantly is what other clothes I'm wearing.  A-line, full skirt, baggy sweats..almost any kind of panty is fine...tight jeans, tights, tight skirts, I need to select panties that provide serious support.  I'm a "medium" front so depending on the outfit, a very supportive panty is all that is required. Occasionally, I'll need to do a partial tuck...and typically a nice form fitting panty will suffice.  I use gaffs too but only when absolutely necessary.  Panty selection is pretty easy if your wearing a panty girdle and probably a supportive type is best if the girdle is open bottom. Wearing a garter belt too needs some consideration; If you're ok with panty being way smaller than the garter belt, e.g., a standard lace garter belt paired with a bikini panty, then that's fine.  However, if you'd prefer the panty to generally cover the garter belt, you'd choose panties that were proportional in size to the garter belt. Hint:  garter belts are normally worn UNDER panties not over them.  You see lots of ads with the models wearing the garter belt OVER her panties...either they don't know (which a lot of younger models don't) or they are just prominently displaying the garter belt for sale purposes. It is much more difficult to pull panties down to pee when they are under your garter belt.   You can check Her Room or Bare Necessities for a HUGE selection of all types of panties.

Being from my generation, I absolutely adore full cut nylon granny panties.  They were the first kinds I tried on. My mother had a very nice selection..blues, pinks, whites and yellows.   I love paring them with a matching garter belt and sheer nylons...Such a sexy feeling.  I had several pair of Pixie Lace Semi-Sheer Bloomers made by Sugar Lace Lingerie, you can find her on ETSY.  They are sooo cute...  I wear them for certain special occasions  ;)

•  

HighHeeledMelanie

I love wearing rubber, a pair of rubber panties i would recommend :)
  •  

MikeP

I will second the shadow-line panties, but not to frilly but sure fit and feel great. 
If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

Lunarite

@Thea, I notice those LeoLines ones all say "no need to tuck". How true is this? Seems like compression shouldn't be enough to do the job convincingly. Maybe less of an issue for the young and those who've been on HRT for a while.
Related, do they hold everything in place securely and prevent movement?
They seem rather steeply priced, but perhaps worthwhile. I may keep an eye out for similar stores too; there's certainly the market!
  •  

Sonja

@karenk1959

Hi Karen,

Definitely try womens boyleg or hipster style underwear, there is plenty of styles and colours BUT these shapes will actually fit you and look good, too many other styles will not sit well unless you are post-op or want to 'tuck' properly. The thicker waistband also holds up much better for tgirls.
I usually wear these semi tucked without tape so it looks how I want it. see below for the styles I'm talking about.  The problem with bikkini shapes is the lower guset area just doesn't have enough material to cover all the bits in place so while the intention is there the end effect doesn't quite work without tucking. Of course post-op girls can wear everything - lucky B%$#@s  ...lol

https://www.bonds.com.au/womens/underwear/boyleg.html

Good luck,

Sonja.
  •  

helenmarie

Hello, This Helenmarie from the UK. I always wear girls cotton knickers during the day, they are more comfortable & fresher then some nylon ones. Having said that I still love silky/nylon ones as well, I wear these when going out under my mens clothes, & when dressing up in my best dresses.

love, Helenmarie
  •  

Jin

Microfiber fabrics have a bit of stretch and are forgiving of any bulges you may encounter. I love to choose pretty colors.
Everyone (male and female) should wear pink panties at least weekly, it helps keep you in touch with the Divine Feminine. And nothing says pretty and fun more eloquently than "pink panties!"

Banish fear!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Joanne ONeal

I have been underdressing for as long as I can remember. My favorite and now only ones are from K-Mart. They are called the Pink Series. Comes in a 3 pack, and a variety of colors. Silky, stretchy, hipster style, and big enough to everything in place. Very inexpensive too, around $10 for the 3 pack. 
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Thea on April 26, 2018, 10:40:38 PM
My favorite panties are from

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeoLines

These are specifically made for transgender and crossdressing. They come in bikini and brief styles, in lots of colors. I find them reasonably priced too.
Most are hand made to order, so it takes a few weeks to get them.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.  :)

I like Hister cut the best!
  •  

Donica

Check out Katie and Laura's Fancy Satin Panties. They have everything from string bikinis to hipsters. They are mostly nylon and a little spendy but they feel very feminine. They also do well to hide the evil twins and things. But for all day, everyday undies, cotton granny panties are the best and most comfortable. Just Google Katie and Laura's Fancy Satin Panties. Their website will show up.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •