Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaitylynn

LOL, speaking of work...my boss finally bought some correctly cut shirts for me.  The only issue is they are made of a material that I feel I am certain will be destroyed in short order, but the effort is nice :)
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Kendra on April 14, 2018, 01:38:48 PMI was able to simply show up one day as my true self.  No big meetings or email announcements necessary.

Honestly this is exactly what I plan on doing. I only heard one other person, Gage a youtuber (works in retail and has been promoted to manager now I believe), mention doing the exact same thing. Thanks for sharing, I didn't know this was your approach.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Roll

I still have no plans to become much of an activist, but I've found my voice a bit and am trying to start speaking up on social media.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ToriJo

I survived another round of facial electrolysis. And my first round of surgical prep electrolysis. I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to complete my first round, but I did - and it wasn't as horrible as I expected it to be.
  •  

Allison S

Vanilla ice cream [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

ToriJo

I'm exhausted and sore from transition stuff, but I'm also realizing how amazing it is to not hide anymore.
  •  

kaitylynn

Approval for genital hair removal through my insurance came!  My laser center admin contacted me and they received written auth to proceed.  That means I get a bunch of zapping on the 27th as it is my last facial session and the start of genital region.  I put in for the day off so the area has time to cool down.

It is amazing the directions life will take when we focus intent.  Transition is a long process and I knew that it would be one step at a time, but I never imagined it would this amazing!

Thank you, every one of you for the support you have given :)
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Artesia

They attempted the patch with me.  I have oily skin and it lasted all of a day before falling off.  I think skin type might have an effect on the effectiveness of the patch.  For me the patch had zero effect.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

christinej78

To all,                16 Apr 2018

As I viewed the posts on this thread and looked at the photos, I saw absolute beauty in every single one of them. I'm relatively new to TG and older than most on this planet, I hope I can attain at least 10% of the beauty I see here, and elsewhere on Susan's Place.

Thanks for allowing me to be here; it's an honor and privilege to be a member of the neatest and most interesting group of people on Spaceship Earth.

What makes me happy today? YOU ALL.

Best always; love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Denise

My parents!  They made me happy today.  I actually cried tears.  I'm 56, my dad is 88.  I just got divorced and I gave my ex everything.  Therefore I'm living pretty much paycheck to paycheck with some limited savings.

They offered to gift me enough for a down payment on a condo instead of throwing all my money into a rental.  The other thing is, they gendered me 90% correctly this whole weekend.  They deserve a special place.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

SarahFehrman

Quote from: Denise on April 16, 2018, 01:51:36 PM
My parents!  They made me happy today.  I actually cried tears.  I'm 56, my dad is 88.  I just got divorced and I gave my ex everything.  Therefore I'm living pretty much paycheck to paycheck with some limited savings.

They offered to gift me enough for a down payment on a condo instead of throwing all my money into a rental.  The other thing is, they gendered me 90% correctly this whole weekend.  They deserve a special place.

Denise, that's so wonderful - your parents are absolutely precious! I'm so happy for you. That's proof that we all deserve a second chance at having the lives we're supposed to have and that it IS possible! Happy condo hunting, girlfriend!

Hugs,
Sarah from ChiTown
  •  

Kendra

Your parents are amazing. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

MollyPants

I finally emailed a private clinic and hopefully will have a consultation soon. :) Plus it was sunny today and I was working from home so I had my lunch outside in my garden wearing one of my favourite dresses which is just wonderful.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

SiobhánF

You have awesome parents. I'm so happy they are so supportive! <3
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Faith

This was last night but @Jayne01 kept me up past my bedtime.

Those that have read my verbal crap know about me & mirrors, also know that I put in a larger mirror for my wife despite how they affect me.

Last night, while I was in there to remove my face, I looked in the mirror and Faith was looking back. She's old and wrinkled but she was there. I teared up, for some unknown reason, and almost broke down. I had to look away before I lost it and ruined the moment .. but it was a good moment.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on April 17, 2018, 06:19:43 AMLast night, while I was in there to remove my face, I looked in the mirror and Faith was looking back. She's old and wrinkled but she was there. I teared up, for some unknown reason, and almost broke down.

Oh Faith Faith Faith... you know why it was emotional. I clearly remember the first time I saw her looking back at me. At first she was smiling, then she was crying. With very few exceptions she has always been there to great me with a happy grin ever since.

She seems like a nice girl, even if she's so much older and more wrinkledy than you.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Amie June

Quote from: ToriJo on April 14, 2018, 07:30:15 PM
I survived another round of facial electrolysis. And my first round of surgical prep electrolysis. I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to complete my first round, but I did - and it wasn't as horrible as I expected it to be.

I applause your courage to take on electrolysis! I went to a consultation and was scared off by the process. I think I would need general anesthesia. Good luck in getting rid of those nasty man hairs :) I can't wait to look in the mirror and not see them.

Lindy
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

sarah1972

At Montreal Airport to update my Nexus Card since I got a new Passport last year. Both Nexus Card and Passport Show "Male"...

The officer asks: "How are you related to this person?" Later calls me back "Madam" and gave me a full paper of instructions how to get my gender updated for "whenever the new papers come"....

I have tears in my eyes ruining my makeup....

•  

christinej78

Denise,           17 Apr 18

Congratulations! You are very lucky to have such fine and generous parents; not everyone is so fortunate. Good luck finding your dream condo. I'm sure you will have fun looking, finding and moving in.

Tell your folks I said Thank You for making you happy.

Best always,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

amberwaves

Quote from: Roll on April 14, 2018, 06:18:46 PM
I still have no plans to become much of an activist, but I've found my voice a bit and am trying to start speaking up on social media.
I still tell people that I am an educator, not an activist.  I enlighten when I can, but I don't have the time or patience for those who do not wish to listen.  For many I am one of the few, if not only, transgender persons they know.  Just being a much better version of myself had a softening effect on people's views.
  •