News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Quote from: MollyPants on April 28, 2018, 05:28:57 PM

It was Tiramisu, my partner is on nights so it was actually her evening meal... Which totally makes it ok. Lol! Tiramisu is my joint favourite alongside trifle!!!

I've never actually tried tapioca, I've only ever heard stories about it being served at schools before my time...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi MollyPants,             28 April 2018

I love Tiramisu so much I could make a meal of it. I have considered going to an Italian Restaurant and ordering Tiramisu for dinner and Tiramisu for desert. It's a rich desert; I imagine the calorie count would be quite high if I ever do it.

Never heard of Trifle; looked it up and it looks like a desert to die for. Now all I have to do is find someplace that has it. Any suggestions short of making it myself?

I used to live in Mexico and developed a love of Flan. There's a restaurant chain there by the name of Vip's, (pronounced Beep's) where I used to eat quite often. Almost always had Flan for desert.

Now I have a new mission in life, find a source for Trifle so I can try it. From the looks of what I saw on the Web I know I'll love it. Thanks for providing the nudge I needed for my new mission.

Best Always,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Lady Love

Three big things!

Came out to my mom, it went alright. She was mostly surprised as most of my transgender identity developed in college. She seems confused and perhaps scared of losing me, but i think with time she'll know I'm still me.

I got new femme clothes from my friend!They dont present femme much anymore so they gave me a lot of cute bras and tops. They are also goung to help me learn to sew and I am ecstatic for that.

I told my favorite manager i wear lady clothes. Not in any kind of confessional manner, just mentioned I like lady clothes cause they are nice and she complimented me on being confident. Even though she knows nothing of my gender, its nice to know people accept me as I am.

Busy day for me, definitely a good one :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

Quote from: ToriJo on April 28, 2018, 10:25:11 PM
I was watching TV with my wife when someone rang the door.  Being the morning, I hadn't shaved yet, had no makeup, etc, although I was wearing a female T-shirt and jeans.  But nothing particularly gendered.

But, what the heck, I'll get the door.  It's my house after all.  It was a politician who looked at me, looked at his list of names, looked at me, looked at his list of names, and just looked really, really confused.  I know he was there for me, not my wife, but he never said my name once - I think he really couldn't figure out if I was the (female) on his list or not.   Oh, and no "sir" or "mister" either - which is awesome considering there was definitely some stubble.

I felt so good afterwards that I'm no longer appearing 100% male to everyone.  Maybe I'm starting to look like the person I am.
Oh wow that happened to me at the phone store. He basically was like is "your name (dead name)?!" and just seemed in disbelief like I had told him something awful was going to happen lol
I just looked up at him from my phone and nodded my head.. yes I'm ashamed of it too and I don't think it suits me at all

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

GROWTH SPURT!!  Okay, I'm still an A cup, but it's now a fuller A.  If it keeps up, I might make it to a small B.  I tried on my 38B bra (that I used to stuff before I started HRT), and there isn't as much empty space as there was.   ;D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Lady Love

Quote from: KathyLauren on April 29, 2018, 06:48:08 AM
GROWTH SPURT!!  Okay, I'm still an A cup, but it's now a fuller A.  If it keeps up, I might make it to a small B.  I tried on my 38B bra (that I used to stuff before I started HRT), and there isn't as much empty space as there was.   ;D
Congrats! When I got the bras, I was very happy try it under a sweater and look femme. They are still completely empty for me but I feel sexy in them which is the important part right?

•  

Artesia

Yeah, so a lot has really changed in the last few months.  I'm only online at random due to no internet at my fiancés home, and having to use fast food places for the net.  I've posted a few times about a new job and other random bits, but time for the deluge of things.

The children at my new job are great!! A couple asked if I was a boy or a girl, and what my name was.  By the way it is Ms. Labus to them as per company policy.  The kids made me a card after only being there a couple weeks.  The one who I was told was a handful and didn't respond well to instruction has been responding well to me.  She even asked to be my helper the other day, something no other counselor has had her do.  My fiancé met my brother, sister in law, and niece for the first time, and it went great, my niece showed my fiancé how to water plants, and made my fiancé read to her.  My parents like her.  She also gets along with my exwife and my puppy likes her.  My puppy had a hematoma and a cyst removed during a surgery, and she is doing well now.  Doing well in school.....well mostly.  I absolutely HATE graphing and don't understand why I need to learn how to make graphs perpendicular to another graph and all based off of mathematical equations rather than set figures, I have no clue.  Especially considering I'm going for clinical psychology. 

Last thing.  I don't know if it's a happy thing or not yet, still trying to figure it out for sure.  My fiancé told me this morning that she wants me to quit my job and focus on school and taking care of the housework while she works to pay all of the bills.  This was brought on because I got sick after trying to take care of her while doing homework and working.  I don't know exactly how I feel about it.  Being a housewife while going to school has a certain allure to it, but I've never not worked to pay my own bills before.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: christinej78 on April 28, 2018, 11:01:02 PM
Hi MollyPants,             28 April 2018

I love Tiramisu so much I could make a meal of it. I have considered going to an Italian Restaurant and ordering Tiramisu for dinner and Tiramisu for desert. It's a rich desert; I imagine the calorie count would be quite high if I ever do it.

Never heard of Trifle; looked it up and it looks like a desert to die for. Now all I have to do is find someplace that has it. Any suggestions short of making it myself?

I used to live in Mexico and developed a love of Flan. There's a restaurant chain there by the name of Vip's, (pronounced Beep's) where I used to eat quite often. Almost always had Flan for desert.

Now I have a new mission in life, find a source for Trifle so I can try it. From the looks of what I saw on the Web I know I'll love it. Thanks for providing the nudge I needed for my new mission.

Best Always,
Christine
Haha! I'm glad I'm spreading the glory of trifle. It's quite similar to tiramisu! You need a nice bowl (it's all about the layers) and then line the bottom with some cake and sprinkle some licquer over (I usually use a hazelnut one) and then add a layer of custard and then a layer of freshly whipped cream and top with grated chocolate. You can add fruit and mix up the flavours however you fancy :) x

PS I am down with tiramisu for more than one course!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

TRIFLE nectar of the gods, make it the UK way. chunks of sponge to line your bowl soaked in sherry, tin of fruit cocktail or canned fruit of your choice covered in jelly (jelo ?to you) flavour of your choice to go with fruit . set in fridge then cover with custard (cold or it will run the jelly) then a layer  of cream topped with hundreds and thousands and maybe some nuts
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica

Today I turned 62.  My wife has known that I identify as gender fluid since last May.  She gave me this card this morning.

She does understand me!
And I cried tears of joy.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Lady Love

Awwww that's heart-wrenchingly sweet [emoji14]

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Jessica on April 29, 2018, 04:58:10 PM
Today I turned 62.  My wife has known that I identify as gender fluid since last May.  She gave me this card this morning.

She does understand me!
Happy birthday, Jessica!  Aw, lovely card!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Jessica on April 29, 2018, 04:58:10 PM

She does understand me!
And I cried tears of joy.

Hi Jessica,             29 Apr 2018

First off: HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many more to come! Tell your wife I think she's a great lady and very creative.

I envy you and all of the ladies here that still have your wives; it is a testament to the love you share.

It seems that a couple where one is transgender that stays together has to have a greater love for each other than most cis couples. In the cis world, relationships / marriages are like Depends underwear; disposable.

Best Always,
Christine

PS;

I like it better here in the trans world, all real people.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Anne Blake

My partner and I bought our wedding dresses today!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I put mine on and when I saw myself in the mirror I broke down in tears, my god, all I saw was a beautiful woman living her dream and it was all I could do not to start sobbing all over my beautiful gown. It didn't help that Deb, the shop owner and her assistant were all crying with me.......wow!

They're going to the chapel and they're going to get married......

Tia Anne
  •  

islandgirl

Quote from: Anne Blake on April 29, 2018, 08:30:20 PM
My partner and I bought our wedding dresses today!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I put mine on and when I saw myself in the mirror I broke down in tears, my god, all I saw was a beautiful woman living her dream and it was all I could do not to start sobbing all over my beautiful gown. It didn't help that Deb, the shop owner and her assistant were all crying with me.......wow!

Tia Anne

So happy for y'all! Brought me to tears reading your post! You are so lucky! Hugs, Kelly.
  •  

Lady Love

Quote from: Anne Blake on April 29, 2018, 08:30:20 PM

Tia Anne
I am still not sure whether i will be ready for a dress by our wedding. I'm glad that you have had success and are happy. Nothing is more affirming to me then somebody else living ther life and being perfectly happy doing it :)

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Finally going to my endocrinologist appointment that keeps getting canceled and asking to start the OHIP paperwork for SRS. Will be a long 2.5 hour drive without a car radio thankfully I have music on my Cell phone and bluetooth speaker   
  •  

Lady Love

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on April 30, 2018, 04:16:30 AM
Finally going to my endocrinologist appointment that keeps getting canceled and asking to start the OHIP paperwork for SRS. Will be a long 2.5 hour drive without a car radio thankfully I have music on my Cell phone and bluetooth speaker
Hell yeah, podcasts are a great, free way to pass a long drive if you have listened to any. My Brother, My Brother and Me is like an advice column sourced from listeners and yahoo answers. The three brothers are hilarious. If you want a sample, just search mbmbam on youtube. Glass shark is one of the best XD

•  

Sabrina Hope

Even if I have nothing planned and a rainy day out there, I did beautify myself. I really like my new eyelash extensions. I think they really highlight my eyes, isn't it?

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sabrina
  •  

Lady Love

Quote from: dizz on April 30, 2018, 07:58:10 AM
Even if I have nothing planned and a rainy day out there, I did beautify myself. I really like my new eyelash extensions. I think they really highlight my eyes, isn't it?

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Yes, your eyes look gorgeous. Its amazing how a little pop makes them look so nice.

•  

BrianaJ

Dizz - you look like a younger version of my sister in-law!  LOL

Many things make me happy every day, some big some little.  My wife picked up a new nail polish for me.  Little things like that are very affirming for me and really make me feel good.
~~Be kind~~
  •