Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Love

Went out as a woman for the first time! I went to a LGBT social as a woman before, but this is my first time in public. We went to see the new Infinity War movie. It was fun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

•  

Maddie86

I have an aunt that I've always liked but haven't heard from in a long time. She sent me a really nice text earlier after hearing about my transition, it was really sweet!
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Maddie86 on May 07, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
I have an aunt that I've always liked but haven't heard from in a long time. She sent me a really nice text earlier after hearing about my transition, it was really sweet!

Hi Maddie,            07 may 2018

That is really fantastic and reaffirming. I bet it really felt wonderful receiving her text; happy for you.

You are a very beautiful young lady, I wish you all the best life has to offer.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: christinej78 on May 07, 2018, 05:13:24 PM
Hi Maddie,            07 may 2018

That is really fantastic and reaffirming. I bet it really felt wonderful receiving her text; happy for you.

You are a very beautiful young lady, I wish you all the best life has to offer.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

yes, the text was great and made me smile, and your comment made me smile too, thank you! you're really sweet :)
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I have been beating my head against the wall for nearly two weeks trying to get PayPal to update my name. I sent four emails, uploaded scans of my drivers license and court order (twice), and called them twice. Today I called again, and the third time was the charm. I finally reached someone who could update the name on my account!!! After asking a few verification questions she made the change. I logged in just to be sure, and it now says 'Hi again, Jessica'! Yesssss!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on May 08, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
I have been beating my head against the wall for nearly two weeks trying to get PayPal to update my name. I sent four emails, uploaded scans of my drivers license and court order (twice), and called them twice. Towasday I called again, and the third time was the charm. I finally reached someone who could update the name on my account!!! After asking a few verification questions she made the change. I logged in just to be sure, and it now says 'Hi again, Jessica'! Yesssss!

Congratulations! I haven't started fighting that fight yet. They allow a "minor spelling correction" of up to two letters, so I was able to change my first name to "Steph," which is good enough for now. I'm fatigued from making all the other changes. I'll get to that one later.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Roll

Had great girl time with my sister!! I finally have all my clothes organized and hung up since I'm no longer hiding, and so we just had a ton of sisterly fun going through them and figuring out outfits and chatting about the different style options! It also gave me the opportunity to get some tips from her in general! Was just super affirming! :D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Anne Blake

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on May 08, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
I have been beating my head against the wall for nearly two weeks trying to get PayPal to update my name. I sent four emails, uploaded scans of my drivers license and court order (twice), and called them twice. Today I called again, and the third time was the charm. I finally reached someone who could update the name on my account!!! After asking a few verification questions she made the change. I logged in just to be sure, and it now says 'Hi again, Jessica'! Yesssss!

Jessica, how did you manage to get them to accept your name change? I tried forever and they finally told me that I would have to cancel my old account and start a new one but they can't do that since I have regular subscriptions to Susan's on it. Sort of a catch 22.
  •  

Anne Blake

Quote from: Roll on May 08, 2018, 08:39:35 PM
Had great girl time with my sister!! I finally have all my clothes organized and hung up since I'm no longer hiding, and so we just had a ton of sisterly fun going through them and figuring out outfits and chatting about the different style options! It also gave me the opportunity to get some tips from her in general! Was just super affirming! :D

Ellie, I am so happy to hear of the closeness of your sister to sister relationship. My sister has become one of my bigger supporters and we get so much enjoyment out shopping together. Our relationship was always good but it changed and got amazingly better after coming out to her.  I am glad to hear when others are able to gain closeness with accepting sisters.

Tia Anne
  •  

Evienne

Today I got to be camera 2 on a music video shoot. I got to operate the gimbal because I was the only one of my crew who had experience with it and knew how to set it up :p
But overall it was fun, I missed psychology class for it but I feel like I needed it. It cheered me up as I was feeling a little down prior.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 08, 2018, 10:54:18 PM
Jessica, how did you manage to get them to accept your name change? I tried forever and they finally told me that I would have to cancel my old account and start a new one but they can't do that since I have regular subscriptions to Susan's on it. Sort of a catch 22.

Since Tia and I are probably not the only ones with PayPal accounts, this is what I did to get my name changed:

1 - Log in to your PayPal account and select 'Account overview'
2 - Select the 'gear' symbol next to 'Log out' in the upper right of your screen
3 - Your profile will appear on the upper left of the screen, select 'update' in the profile box
4 - You should now see a name change menu, select 'legal name change'
5 - Follow the instructions and upload a scan (or photo) of your new drivers license and court order
6 - Bang your head against a wall for a few days, then send a note to 'compliance@paypal.com'
7 - If you don't get a response, call PayPal at 1-888-221-1161.

Be nice (no matter how frustrated you may be), all of the support folks I talked to were courteous and professional. They will ask you for the name on the account, then your current name. Once I told them my current name, they used it throughout the conversation. Explain the situation, and ask for someone who can help complete the name change. They will eventually ask some identifying questions about vehicle registrations, places you have lived, and maybe even your SSN. It only took 10 - 15 minutes on the phone. They updated my name while I was talking to them, so I was able to verify it before I hung up. I thanked the representative profusely.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on May 09, 2018, 05:29:58 AM
Since Tia and I are probably not the only ones with PayPal accounts, this is what I did to get my name changed:

1 - Log in to your PayPal account and select 'Account overview'
2 - Select the 'gear' symbol next to 'Log out' in the upper right of your screen
3 - Your profile will appear on the upper left of the screen, select 'update' in the profile box
4 - You should now see a name change menu, select 'legal name change'
5 - Follow the instructions and upload a scan (or photo) of your new drivers license and court order
6 - Bang your head against a wall for a few days, then send a note to 'compliance@paypal.com'
7 - If you don't get a response, call PayPal at 1-888-221-1161.

Be nice (no matter how frustrated you may be), all of the support folks I talked to were courteous and professional. They will ask you for the name on the account, then your current name. Once I told them my current name, they used it throughout the conversation. Explain the situation, and ask for someone who can help complete the name change. They will eventually ask some identifying questions about vehicle registrations, places you have lived, and maybe even your SSN. It only took 10 - 15 minutes on the phone. They updated my name while I was talking to them, so I was able to verify it before I hung up. I thanked the representative profusely.

Thank you.  Followed these instructions just now.  We'll see how it goes.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

RoRo

I work as a Physical Therapist and I have a somewhat new patient who is an amputee male from below the right knee. Well today he said today it is great to a a beautiful female therapist who kicks my butt into shape everyday. It certainly made my day.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Artesia on May 09, 2018, 10:33:05 AM

Same here. PayPal isn't going to know what hit them! [emoji16]

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Artesia on May 09, 2018, 10:33:05 AM
That's what I did a couple of months ago, and it worked pretty hassle-free.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

davina61

It takes you by surprise but had to go to the paint shop next door and as I left walked past a one way window and this woman looked back, brain still hasn't caught up yet ( its not the same as looking in a shaving mirror)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: davina61 on May 09, 2018, 03:18:14 PM
It takes you by surprise but had to go to the paint shop next door and as I left walked past a one way window and this woman looked back, brain still hasn't caught up yet ( its not the same as looking in a shaving mirror)
I love that feeling. It's enough to make me happy all day long :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

Yes had a spring (skip?) in my step for a good while See my diary for the spoiler.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: RoRo on May 09, 2018, 11:10:52 AM
I work as a Physical Therapist and I have a somewhat new patient who is an amputee male from below the right knee. Well today he said today it is great to a a beautiful female therapist who kicks my butt into shape everyday. It certainly made my day.

That's wonderful! I love hearing stuff like that. :)
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Alyssa Bree

What made me happy today? I reached out for advice on these forums today and received multiple caring, intelligent responses. I love Susan's Place!!!!!

xoxoxoxo
Alyssa
Your NEEDS drive your WANTS which drive your ACTIONS. To not take action is to not meet your needs.

I am like an archaeological excavation - being uncovered piece by piece, slowly...methodically... until all of the real ME stands proud in the light of day.
  •