Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

MEntioned this in my thread but felt like mentioning here too! ;D Got my lab results back today, and even on low dose my estrogen is already up to 131. My doctor was shocked. T down to 137 from the insane high start point of 1480. Apparently when my body does hormones, it does them to extremes.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on May 09, 2018, 05:29:58 AM
Since Tia and I are probably not the only ones with PayPal accounts, this is what I did to get my name changed:

1 - Log in to your PayPal account and select 'Account overview'
2 - Select the 'gear' symbol next to 'Log out' in the upper right of your screen
3 - Your profile will appear on the upper left of the screen, select 'update' in the profile box
4 - You should now see a name change menu, select 'legal name change'
5 - Follow the instructions and upload a scan (or photo) of your new drivers license and court order
6 - Bang your head against a wall for a few days, then send a note to 'compliance@paypal.com'
7 - If you don't get a response, call PayPal at 1-888-221-1161.

Be nice (no matter how frustrated you may be), all of the support folks I talked to were courteous and professional. They will ask you for the name on the account, then your current name. Once I told them my current name, they used it throughout the conversation. Explain the situation, and ask for someone who can help complete the name change. They will eventually ask some identifying questions about vehicle registrations, places you have lived, and maybe even your SSN. It only took 10 - 15 minutes on the phone. They updated my name while I was talking to them, so I was able to verify it before I hung up. I thanked the representative profusely.
Awesome.  Haven't tried with them yet since I got legal. Did you get the name of the person that finally helped?

I tried to change it to just my initials before my legal change since they are the same and got the bit about two letter misspelling updates allowed. I asked them why I couldnt get changed to just my initials and basically they said tough, I'd have to wait until it's legal. It's legal know but I ha ent tried yet.  I don't think I can even get to the right spot on the phone app so will have try with them when I get on my laptop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Alyssa Bree

Quote from: Roll on May 09, 2018, 11:11:13 PM
MEntioned this in my thread but felt like mentioning here too! ;D Got my lab results back today, and even on low dose my estrogen is already up to 131. My doctor was shocked. T down to 137 from the insane high start point of 1480. Apparently when my body does hormones, it does them to extremes.

That is just fantastic! Congrats!!

xoxoxoxo
Alyssa
Your NEEDS drive your WANTS which drive your ACTIONS. To not take action is to not meet your needs.

I am like an archaeological excavation - being uncovered piece by piece, slowly...methodically... until all of the real ME stands proud in the light of day.
  •  

Michelle G

Had another one of my happy "dream come true" moments this morning when I looked in the mirror and saw my long blond hair, perky boobs and California Girl bikini tan lines 💕
I so wish I could go back in time and tell 12 year old me that yes...your dreams will come true, just be patient 😉
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Michelle G on May 10, 2018, 11:26:48 AM
Had another one of my happy "dream come true" moments this morning when I looked in the mirror and saw my long blond hair, perky boobs and California Girl bikini tan lines [emoji177]
I so wish I could go back in time and tell 12 year old me that yes...your dreams will come true, just be patient [emoji6]
I wish I could go back and tell my clueless 12 year old self why she was growing boobs even though everyone, including her, thought she was a boy.

Today I looked in the mirror and thought, "did I forget to put on makeup?" So far no one has noticed or misgendered me.

Picture of me below at ~14. I had no idea how feminine I looked.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Sabrina Hope

Quote from: Lady Love on May 07, 2018, 01:12:08 AM
Went out as a woman for the first time! I went to a LGBT social as a woman before, but this is my first time in public. We went to see the new Infinity War movie. It was fun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Congrats sister! This is a big step.

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sabrina
  •  

Artesia

Well, my endocrinologist decreased my Estradiol.  My E was too high in her opinion, 264pg/mL.  I need to ask her what I should be at next time.  According to the results page the VA provides, I am average for mid-cycle.  My dosage of E is pretty low as well.

I had my first dinner party with my new job.  They do them once a year apparently.  Anyway, my school won best dressed.  I received a few compliments on how well I looked.  I had a great time!  My team has been remarkably accepting of me, and the kids are great.  I don't wear a lot of makeup with them, to hot when chasing/following kids around a playground for an hour; it tends to melt right off.  They all use Ms Labus for my name; it is an amazing feeling.

Today is "Pajama Day" at work.  I'm wearing my Star Wars T-shirt and pajama pants.....and brought my Boba Fett Build A Bear to complete the bedtime look.  The kids thought it was great!

I'll try to get pictures up of my group at the party, and my bedtime ensamble later.  I just want to share because it makes me happy.

All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Donna

Got all the correct paper work together and processed and all the fees paid for Donna to be officially recognized and my gender marked changed.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

islandgirl

That is great, Donna! So exciting! How long is the  next part of the process?
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Donna on May 11, 2018, 12:20:13 PM
Got all the correct paper work together and processed and all the fees paid for Donna to be officially recognized and my gender marked changed.

That's awesome Donna!  I'm so happy for you. :) I cant wait to do the same.

Hugs,
         Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Donna

Quote from: islandgirl on May 11, 2018, 12:36:27 PM
That is great, Donna! So exciting! How long is the  next part of the process?

Hopefully it will all be here in the mail within two weeks. Then I can change my name in everything else. Bank, health care etc
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Jessica_Rose

That is awesome Donna! Unfortunately it means a lot more paperwork in your future. I changed my name in early Feb this year and I am still trying to get everything updated, but it is soooo worth it! I hope it goes smoothly, and I wish you the best of luck in your journey!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Alyssa Bree

Quote from: Michelle G on May 10, 2018, 11:26:48 AM
Had another one of my happy "dream come true" moments this morning when I looked in the mirror and saw my long blond hair, perky boobs and California Girl bikini tan lines 💕
I so wish I could go back in time and tell 12 year old me that yes...your dreams will come true, just be patient 😉

So fantastic! That must have felt just....incredible!

Super awesome! I cannot wait for that day!

xoxoxo
Alyssa
Your NEEDS drive your WANTS which drive your ACTIONS. To not take action is to not meet your needs.

I am like an archaeological excavation - being uncovered piece by piece, slowly...methodically... until all of the real ME stands proud in the light of day.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Donna on May 11, 2018, 01:57:36 PM
Hopefully it will all be here in the mail within two weeks. Then I can change my name in everything else. Bank, health care etc

Congrats Donna. I submitted mine about a week ago and was told it will take 3 - 4 weeks to get my court date in the mail here in Oregon. I'm still not sure how I feel about it myself but I know I need to do this.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_Rose

Laurie, getting your name legally changed is an awesome feeling! But be warned, seeing your old name on stuff may get progressively more painful as time passes. I don't like seeing, typing, or (most painful of all) saying my old name anymore. Once you get the legal part done I highly recommend that you start updating everything as soon as you can. Initially I did not think it would bother me too much, but having to repeat my dead name multiple times during a conversation is the only thing that brings back my anger. This could be ymmv, but based on my experience get it done as soon as you can. Oh, and congratulations on getting the process started!!!
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Jessica. I had a bit of panic a few days before going to do it. No issue when I did though. We'll see how it goes when I get a court date.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_Rose

In Colorado I did not need to have a court hearing, which not only sped things up quite a bit (I think it only took one week for me), but it also helped me from becoming too anxious. This is a tremendous change for anyone who goes through with it. Not only does it obviously signal a commitment to transitioning, but for me it signaled a new beginning. It took a while to sink in, and I am still not used to it, but hearing and seeing your new legal name is simply awesome! While you are waiting I suggest creating a list of all the places you will need to change your name along with the documentation they require. A search on 'name change checklist' will probably turn up some useful lists.

One more thing, as much as you may want to keep your old email address I suggest you create a new one. On many email apps your old name will be associated with your old email address, and unless each individual updates the name on all of their devices your old email address will always show your old name. Choosing a new email address will force everyone's hand to see your new name whenever they send or receive email.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Alyssa Bree

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on May 11, 2018, 08:36:43 PM
In Colorado I did not need to have a court hearing, which not only sped things up quite a bit (I think it only took one week for me), but it also helped me from becoming too anxious. This is a tremendous change for anyone who goes through with it. Not only does it obviously signal a commitment to transitioning, but for me it signaled a new beginning. It took a while to sink in, and I am still not used to it, but hearing and seeing your new legal name is simply awesome! While you are waiting I suggest creating a list of all the places you will need to change your name along with the documentation they require. A search on 'name change checklist' will probably turn up some useful lists.

One more thing, as much as you may want to keep your old email address I suggest you create a new one. On many email apps your old name will be associated with your old email address, and unless each individual updates the name on all of their devices your old email address will always show your old name. Choosing a new email address will force everyone's hand to see your new name whenever they send or receive email.

Jessica,

I am in Colorado as well and from what information I have been able to gather up to this point, a legal name change required FBI and CBI background checks, publishing a notice in a newspaper three times and going to court. Do you know if it is fairly standard that the actual court hearing is not required? Is my info out of date? I would LOVE not to have to explain myself to a judge who probably doesn't care one way or the other lol.

xoxoxo
Alyssa

•  

Jessica_Rose

I am in El Paso County (Colorado Springs). Sometimes different counties have different rules, but my name change petition was accepted without a court hearing. As long as your background checks are clean and you are truthful about why you want a name change (something like 'I am transgender and am transitioning from male to female'), then it is possible your county may also skip the court hearing. To keep from possibly boring the non-Colorado readers, I'll send you a PM with the steps I took.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Alyssa Bree

Wonderful information! Thank you again so much Jessica!!

xoxoxo
Alyssa

•