Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

I had a sort of unique passing validation last evening. We stayed at a motel along the Missouri river, one totally filled with good old boy red neck fishermen out on holiday and ate at a restaurant packed full of more of the same but moderately intoxicated to boot. Not one of them gave us a second glance and only references of ma'am or ladies were heard. Got to love it though I do admit to a high level of concern/fear surrounding what might have happened if that group of drunk rednecks on holiday had read me. We stopped in a truck stop restaurant in Cheyanne for a bite to eat. The only woman's restroom open was on the far side of the truckers lounge area. Both heading in and heading out, not a glance or comment. I don't know if I will ever get used to passing but hopefully I will never get complacent while traveling through risky environments.

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

I Had an appointment this morning at the eye clinic at the VA in Portland. I had braced myself for another series of being summoned by my now defunked male name. I have not had a chance to get it changed yet. This has been normal for all previous visits there. Much to my surprise The firs of three to sommon me called out "Laurie" I aske how she knew to call me that and she replies there was a note in their system with the information. She said the next to summon would not know unless she passed the info on to them. Two more times I was summoned as Laurie and correct use of name an pronouns was used the whole visit.

After I was finished I went to the local grocery store where I was promptly misgendered in tyhe meat department with a "Can I help you, Sir?"  Dang and I was on a roll too!

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Laurie on May 19, 2018, 08:21:01 PM
>  after I was finished I went to the local grocery store where I was promptly misgendered in the meat department with a "Can I help you, Sir?"  Dang and I was on a roll too!

Another reason I switched to vegetarian.  Problem solved.  :P
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Kendra on May 19, 2018, 09:34:44 PM
Another reason I switched to vegetarian.  Problem solved.  :P

You want slapped when you get home don't you?

•  

islandgirl

Yes to vegetarianism! The produce people are usually really nice! Ever notice that there are mostly women in the produce section? I am now over 20 years as a vegetarian. Not for everyone, but really good for me! We had a very nice vegetable stir fry tonight, with brown rice and I had seared tofu. Very good!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 19, 2018, 08:05:24 PM
I had a sort of unique passing validation last evening. We stayed at a motel along the Missouri river, one totally filled with good old boy red neck fishermen out on holiday and ate at a restaurant packed full of more of the same but moderately intoxicated to boot. Not one of them gave us a second glance and only references of ma'am or ladies were heard. Got to love it though I do admit to a high level of concern/fear surrounding what might have happened if that group of drunk rednecks on holiday had read me. We stopped in a truck stop restaurant in Cheyanne for a bite to eat. The only woman's restroom open was on the far side of the truckers lounge area. Both heading in and heading out, not a glance or comment. I don't know if I will ever get used to passing but hopefully I will never get complacent while traveling through risky environments.

Tia Anne

Hi Tia,

I am glad you and Deb encountered no problems during your stay and travels through redneck environs. I experienced that feeling of on guard nervousness when I was driving down south through Texas, Mississippi, Alabama.
I was trying to get a nap in one of those roadside rests in Texas when a long 18 wheeler pulled in and parked behind me. One look and I decided to move on. Not my kind of country.

Edit:  I am not anti-Christian or most religions for that matter. Given the part of the country I was traversing and the remoteness of the place I was parked, it made me nervous. I am not a member of any religion myself, but have no problems attending church with friends. Religion is a personal choice. I made mine long ago. I apologize to anyone my post may offend. It it does offend please let me know and I will fix it.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Cheaney

I'm a Christian but all I can do is 🤦‍♀️ when I see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Laurie,

As you well know, Deb and I are devout believers but that truck talks far more about people with anger and hate than about God. It would make me very uncomfortable as well. And yes, Texas and the South are places I try not to spend too much time in. That said, I will be down in Dallas in another week or so.

Love you girl,
Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 20, 2018, 08:35:20 AM
Hi Laurie,

As you well know, Deb and I are devout believers but that truck talks far more about people with anger and hate than about God. It would make me very uncomfortable as well. And yes, Texas and the South are places I try not to spend too much time in. That said, I will be down in Dallas in another week or so.

Love you girl,
Tia Anne

Yes Tia, I am well aware you and Deb are believers. That is fine with me. I know that your beliefs are part of the great friends you two are. I will go one record here to say that should I be visiting with you two on a day of church I would be honored to go with you to experience your church with you two.  May God, as you understand him, her or whatever, bless you both.

Love you both,
  (officially) Laurie

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 20, 2018, 08:35:20 AM
Hi Laurie,

Love you girl,
Tia Anne

Hi Anne,                            20 May 2018

Welcome to the Great State of Texas; I've been here 40 years and have not seen the bigotry here I saw in that SH I came from called Ohio. There are bigots everywhere and if you look for them you will find them on both sides of the fence. I've lived and worked all over this country and world; I don't want to say this too loudly, but this is the best place on earth.

Please don't think I am criticizing what you said, cause I'm not. I was able to accomplish, transgender wise, in 5 weeks and one day what it takes others years to do that live elsewhere. Why, because everything you could want is right here and there are people here that will help you do it. The "LBGQTXYZ Anything You Wanna Be" population is quite large and hardly anyone says boo. No matter what you want to do there will always be someone that will have an issue with it.

Please let me know when you will be here because I'd like to meet you if you would like. I will PM you with details of how to contact me. I live in the Fort Worth area, just west of the north west corner of DFW Airport, about 15 minutes away if the traffic is reasonable. I'm usually available 24x7 with enough notice. Thursday 31 May I have a full day with the VA; new hearing contraptions, and my relocation to the Women's Clinic, all in one day. 04 June I have a funday Monday, which will consume the day. I'm having two freight trains take a trip, one down my throat and the other up my ..., you guessed it, so I'll be whacked out on "Milk of Amnesia" (Propofol) for a short while. That'll be an interesting day as I have already outed myself to my gastroenterologist's PA (female). I think I'll do a "Show and Tell" for everyone in the procedure room. It'll be interesting to see how many have seen a woman with an empty nut sack... and water spout.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Texas, my home sweet home. Looking forward to meeting you.

Best Always,
Christine

PS: I am also a believer.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Anne Blake

Sorry Christine, didn't mean to ding your adopted state. Yes, the larger Dallas area (as well as much of Austin) are friendly to those in the rainbow community and I enjoy the area. But you may be willing to admit that there are some other areas of Texas, west Texas from Dumas down to El Paso that are not always as open and accepting.....or that may just be my paranoid interpretation.

Now lets give this thread back to what made folks happy lately.

No insult meant,
Tia Anne
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 20, 2018, 02:54:48 PM
Sorry Christine, didn't mean to ding your adopted state. Yes, the larger Dallas area (as well as much of Austin) are friendly to those in the rainbow community and I enjoy the area. But you may be willing to admit that there are some other areas of Texas, west Texas from Dumas down to El Paso that are not always as open and accepting.....or that may just be my paranoid interpretation.

Now lets give this thread back to what made folks happy lately.

No insult meant,
Tia Anne

Hi Tia Anne,                               20 May 2018

Your PM made me very happy today. You might think I'm a tad bit defensive of this place. No insult taken as I know none was intended. One of the things that also make me happy is that it seems the younger generation is much more accepting than mine and those preceding.

Since my start on HRT and the orchie, I feel a million times better and I think I am becoming a better person because of it. I sure hope so cause I don't want to go back.

Nice thing about orchies, you can't reverse them and that also makes me happy.

How's that, three happy's in one post!

Best Always,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Donna

So my happy today is two parts. First I had a great big ole cry fest with my wife this morning and she told me about her counseling session. She finally understands why the huge interest I have in everything that's happening to me, she thought I was being vain and obsessive. Her therapist made it so simple to understand and I didn't even realize it. She is living with a teen going thru puberty and I'm no different than any other teen except my first puberty was stolen from me. This is in fact my first puberty. We had such a wonderful and enlightening exchange and now she is way more comfortable about everything. We are moving forward as girlfriends, partners and life companions. She is my heart and soul and I hers.
Second part was we had her 90 year old dad over for supper tonight and he has been hugely accepting. I picked him up wearing a new blouse, skirt and a new wig and a pair of sandals.
He said with no hesitation "you look pretty tonight". Just blew my mind, I'm so damn happy with my life.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

@Donna and @Alaskan Danielle Thank you both for the for the nice words and wishes on my 2nd term I definitely will keep it updated May 28 I have just been swapped with work alot to finish up everything just incase
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Donna on May 21, 2018, 12:20:13 AM
So my happy today is two parts. First I had a great big ole cry fest with my wife this morning and she told me about her counseling session. She finally understands why the huge interest I have in everything that's happening to me, she thought I was being vain and obsessive. Her therapist made it so simple to understand and I didn't even realize it. She is living with a teen going thru puberty and I'm no different than any other teen except my first puberty was stolen from me. This is in fact my first puberty. We had such a wonderful and enlightening exchange and now she is way more comfortable about everything. We are moving forward as girlfriends, partners and life companions. She is my heart and soul and I hers.
Second part was we had her 90 year old dad over for supper tonight and he has been hugely accepting. I picked him up wearing a new blouse, skirt and a new wig and a pair of sandals.
He said with no hesitation "you look pretty tonight". Just blew my mind, I'm so damn happy with my life.

This is great Donna! I'm so happy for you and hang on to that little lady. :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

davina61

Went and picked up my meds tonight (patches) from chemists and she said do you pay or on social to which I said no its free at my age (over 60) told here I was 63 and she said you don't look it!!!!! Me I just said its the patches and got a broad smile. Not to self read recipe before starting as made pork and mushrooms tonight ,by the time it was all prepped it was 6.45 seal the pork, fry onions and put pork back in . Add stock and cook slowly for 1 1/2 hrs , blast 1 1/2 hrs and then add coconut cream  . Stock didn't reduce either so had to boil it down for 15 mins and got to eat at 8.30.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

islandgirl

You are quite the cook! As for paying for meds, I hope to hit the magic marker this summer. Here it is 65 before I can get the reduced rate. I don't think anything is free! Have a great dinner!
  •  

Roll

I did it. I finally did it. I went outside dressed as me!!! Took a very long walk with my sister and her dog, covered a few neighborhoods and saw plenty of people. No one gave me a second glance even when I was talking or singing (yes, singing).
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

islandgirl

Quote from: Roll on May 21, 2018, 07:51:38 PM
I did it. I finally did it. I went outside dressed as me!!! Took a very long walk with my sister and her dog, covered a few neighborhoods and saw plenty of people. No one gave me a second glance even when I was talking or singing (yes, singing).

Way to go! You are so cute! Just shows what can happen when you let your true self out! All the Best! Hugs, Kelly
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Roll on May 21, 2018, 07:51:38 PM

Hi Ellie,                21 May 2018

Is that you in your new avatar? You sure do look fantastic. Way to go young lady. Congratulations. There should be a medal awarded for such a great transition.

Best Always,
Christine
  •