Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

My son gets married next year. My future daughter in law is making plans for us to go pick out her wedding dress. Then we go for formal dresses for my partner and I. A dream come true.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 04, 2018, 09:59:15 PM
My son gets married next year. My future daughter in law is making plans for us to go pick out her wedding dress. Then we go for formal dresses for my partner and I. A dream come true.

@HappyMoni    Well, that is certainly exciting good news to hear.  Yes, certainly a dream come true.
Of course we will all want you to post pictures of your formal dress choice... with you wearing it of course.
Remember the rule here on the forums....
"Pictures or it didn't happen"
Looking forward to your updates...
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

IamJoannaAndJohn

grats to everyone who were happy with their days in this thread.

mine was finally trying a bra, 32 A cup size, under my tight fit shirt for the first time to protect my slowly growing breasts and it felt so liberating. it's really not that noticeable, the bra bulge lest i stuck my chest out. i know i've gotten the looks and whispers but it felt good.

even went shopping with my mom with the same get up (came from work, didn't bother changing, momentum was there)

even talked to my supervisor at work about it (female) and she's cool with it and impressed with my new lifestyle
  •  

Dee Marshall

Three things for me yesterday.

At lunch I sat with three ladies. When one of them misgendered me the other two corrected her.

I posted on Facebook that my birthday was coming up and what I wanted was for people to find a transgender person other than me and tell them that they love and support them,... and mean it!

I changed the spelling of my first name on Facebook from "Dion" to "Dione" as an early birthday present.

D

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

I have to say that I feel like I work in one of the best places. As this is pride month the management and staff all wore a ribbon with the transgender flag colours for me I just had a week of vacation days and came pack to that. It is very nice to feel appreciated and accepted made me want to cry.
  •  

Roll

While I've made a handful of jaunts out now walking dog and then walking through a hospital, I have yet to have face to face interaction with anyone and have hid behind wig a lot. Well, tonight I went out without hiding my face, speaking to people directly, and was just... me. For hours. Right off the bat at dinner I was ma'am'd, and no one misgendered me the entire evening. (Mostly no one said anything that required gendering me so except for that first one off the cuff it didn't really come up I suppose.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Roll on June 05, 2018, 10:56:50 PM
While I've made a handful of jaunts out now walking dog and then walking through a hospital, I have yet to have face to face interaction with anyone and have hid behind wig a lot. Well, tonight I went out without hiding my face, speaking to people directly, and was just... me. For hours. Right off the bat at dinner I was ma'am'd, and no one misgendered me the entire evening. (Mostly no one said anything that required gendering me so except for that first one off the cuff it didn't really come up I suppose.)

Hi Ellie,                     06 June 2018

If that is you in your avatar I don't know how anyone, under any circumstances, could misgender you; you are absolutely beautiful and look in your early 20's and 100% female.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

MollyPants

I shaved properly today after a few days of not being able to because emy skin was sore after the laser. My face hasn't been this smooth and soft in so long! It's amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

christinej78

Hi Everyone,                    Wednesday   06 June 2018

It's only 0255 hrs CDT so not much happening; I guess being on the green side of the grass is something to be happy about.

Monday was a happy day; I had my endoscopy and colonoscopy Monday morning. Results: everything is fine; come back in five years. That was good news and I'll take it. Gad zooks, I'll be 83.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 04, 2018, 09:59:15 PM

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
What fun.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Picking out my wardrobe for Astoria Pride and the big Gayla!  Wheeee!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Roll

Quote from: christinej78 on June 06, 2018, 02:46:42 AM
Hi Ellie,                     06 June 2018

If that is you in your avatar I don't know how anyone, under any circumstances, could misgender you; you are absolutely beautiful and look in your early 20's and 100% female.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

<3 It is indeed me, but it is admittedly an extraordinarily good picture of me. ;D It sets ideas a bit higher than the reality for sure. :P But apparently even the reality is pretty solid, at least from a gendering perspective, I am starting to accept. (The young thing is weird, I have always looked really young since I have never smoked, drunk, used drugs, been outside in the sun, etc., though it was hidden behind other stuff in the past. IE: balding was sort of a deciding factor in people judging my age. But with the wig on (or hat on not dressed female), and having a bit of a baby face now I have beard removal 80% done, everyone keeps thinking I'm in my early 20s and it's weirding me out. :P
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Roll on June 06, 2018, 05:09:54 PM
<3 It is indeed me, but it is admittedly an extraordinarily good picture of me. ;D It sets ideas a bit higher than the reality for sure. :P But apparently even the reality is pretty solid, at least from a gendering perspective, I am starting to accept. (The young thing is weird, I have always looked really young since I have never smoked, drunk, used drugs, been outside in the sun, etc., though it was hidden behind other stuff in the past. IE: balding was sort of a deciding factor in people judging my age. But with the wig on (or hat on not dressed female), and having a bit of a baby face now I have beard removal 80% done, everyone keeps thinking I'm in my early 20s and it's weirding me out. :P

Hi Ellie,                    06 Jun 2018

I have a friend that moved away from Ohio not long after I did in 1979. I came to Southlake, Texas and he and his wife moved to Detroit and then a few years later to Atlanta. Eventually we were able to get together again when I was working in Atlanta. I hadn't seen them both in 20 years though I did see him while he was in the Dallas area on business. It was around 1995 when I saw them both. His wife looked exactly the same as she did when I last saw her in Ohio. The only thing different was that she had a little gray streaking in her hair. I asked her how she managed to stay so young looking. Her answer was quite simple: "Stay out of the sun" and eat healthy, no smoking, no drugs, no alcohol and get a good nights sleep. Be proud that you have never succumbed to those destructive behaviors; you are reaping the rewards of living right.

I would hazard a guess the baby face caused you some anxiety due to taunts by your peers during your high school days. Don't be"weirded"out because of looking younger, revel in it.  You now have the last laugh.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
  •  

SiobhánF

Today, I wore my wig the entire day. Not only that, but I went to three--you heard right, three--drive thrus today without makeup or shaving and my hair pulled back. It felt good to get out, even though I didn't get out of the car. One step at a time. Yesterday, I got to help some trans sisters with wig resources. Apparently, mine looks like my own hair. I felt so, so happy about that.
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Bari Jo

We have some really cute tiny girls working in construction. So while I'm installing I'm getting dysphoric just being around them.  I'm also noticing how much smaller their work boots are than mine.  I'm going to solve this, I say in my mind.  I immediately go to red wing shoes and boot barn after work.  There I learned I'm a 7.5-8 -8 men or 9.5-10 women's.  Also, the stores don't stock below size 8 in men's work boots.  That was a weirdly affirming moment for me.

BTW, I started at 9-10 mens before hrt and losing weight.thats my happy for the day.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

SiobhánF

I looked at myself in the mirror this morning--no makeup, no wig, no shaving--and I swear I'm becoming more feminine in the face. I'm loving the changes. :)
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

KathyLauren

The electrologist cut my session short today because she ran out of hairs to treat in the prepared area.   :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: davina61 on June 08, 2018, 02:42:05 PM
It sneaks up on you , looking good girl

Yes, it does! Thanks love! <3

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 08, 2018, 03:16:19 PM
The electrologist cut my session short today because she ran out of hairs to treat in the prepared area.   :D

That's wonderful. I can't wait until I don't need to have anything removed. Congrats! :)

•  

kaitylynn

Spent a few hours at Out At The Fair in Del Mar with some family from San Diego.  We are headed back in a few hours to see a kewl Drag Kings show!
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •