Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiobhánF

I had my 3 month endo appointment today... AND I went as myself. When they took my blood pressure, it was elevated, I think because of how nervous I was. So, my bloodwork came back amazingly! My estrogen is at 71 pg/ml, up from 19.5, and my testosterone dropped from 474 to 56 ng/dl. Good news! Happiest I've been in a while.
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on July 18, 2018, 08:22:39 PM
I had my 3 month endo appointment today... AND I went as myself. When they took my blood pressure, it was elevated, I think because of how nervous I was. So, my bloodwork came back amazingly! My estrogen is at 71 pg/ml, up from 19.5, and my testosterone dropped from 474 to 56 ng/dl. Good news! Happiest I've been in a while.
That is awesome news and great change in levels I do hope mine has a dramatic change on my 3 month appointment as well

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on July 18, 2018, 08:25:37 PM
That is awesome news and great change in levels I do hope mine has a dramatic change on my 3 month appointment as well

Thank you! If not so big of a change, just be patient. I was prepared to say, well, at least it went down some. lol
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on July 18, 2018, 09:58:13 PM
Thank you! If not so big of a change, just be patient. I was prepared to say, well, at least it went down some. lol
OMG I am exactly the same way but I was mentally preparing myself ahead of time so my doctor said my levels were a bit different you know estrogen was a little higher testosterone was a little lower than normal and she said it was probably from my mental preparation but she's not a hundred percent sure I never really tried self-medicating so I know what I ain't that but yes I agree and he is still change

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on July 18, 2018, 10:03:31 PM
OMG I am exactly the same way but I was mentally preparing myself ahead of time so my doctor said my levels were a bit different you know estrogen was a little higher testosterone was a little lower than normal and she said it was probably from my mental preparation but she's not a hundred percent sure I never really tried self-medicating so I know what I ain't that but yes I agree and he is still change

Now, that's interesting. Maybe that's a baseline for you? Who knows. But, that's cool. I hope to hear about your progress soon. :)

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on July 19, 2018, 12:43:25 AM
Now, that's interesting. Maybe that's a baseline for you? Who knows. But, that's cool. I hope to hear about your progress soon. :)
Definitely I go for my 3 months and September or maybe it was October I probably better check that now but it is somewhere around September or October but I will definitely let you know how my levels are

•  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on July 19, 2018, 12:48:36 AM
Definitely I go for my 3 months and September or maybe it was October I probably better check that now but it is somewhere around September or October but I will definitely let you know how my levels are

Can't wait. ^_^

•  

Sienna Grace

During the past week I have found the courage to come out to my colleagues. They were wonderful. I was invited out with the girls for dinner and drinks - nothing was weird in the slightest. One of my bosses when I told them replied, "we couldn't care less if you're male or female, you're a wonderful human being". Very nearly cried there and then.
After nearly 50 years of self-loathing, feeling like a freak and living in fear... I thank all those who have gone before me. You made it possible. XX
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Sienna Grace on July 19, 2018, 08:43:00 AM
During the past week I have found the courage to come out to my colleagues. They were wonderful. I was invited out with the girls for dinner and drinks - nothing was weird in the slightest. One of my bosses when I told them replied, "we couldn't care less if you're male or female, you're a wonderful human being". Very nearly cried there and then.
After nearly 50 years of self-loathing, feeling like a freak and living in fear... I thank all those who have gone before me. You made it possible. XX

Wow, that's awesome! Who could ask for more acceptance than that? Warm congratulations!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Kendra

Sienna this is awesome.  You will forever remember this as a huge turning point - you did it!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

christinej78

What made me Happy Today? Waking up on the Green side of the lawn was awesome; makes me smile every time.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on July 19, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
What made me Happy Today? Waking up on the Green side of the lawn was awesome; makes me smile every time.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

@christinej78
Dear Christine: 
Well, I have heard it said, it is a good day when you wake up and you can see yourself in the mirror.... and also when you read the obituary section of the newspaper you don't see your picture there.

Hugs and well wishes...   you are only as old as you feel???? ????
Oh, and thank you for putting up your Avatar/Profile picture ... It is nice to see it again.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

christinej78

Hi Sienna Grace,              19 July 2018

Congratulations BIG Time; That was a wonderful gift from your co-workers and boss.

The world is changing, people are becoming less judgmental and more accepting, thank God. There will always be the idiots. They are stupid people and unfortunately, they are too stupid to realize they're stupid and stupid cannot be fixed.

Your last comment brought tears to my eyes. It's an absolutely beautiful statement straight from the heart; thank you so much for posting it:
"After nearly 50 years of self-loathing, feeling like a freak and living in fear... I thank all those who have gone before me. You made it possible. XX"

Wishing you all the best that life has to offer. God Bless.

Best Always, All My Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

GingerVicki

I got my 5th laser treatment on my face and neck. I should be free and clear by the end of the year.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: gingerViktorKay on July 19, 2018, 10:41:21 PM
I got my 5th laser treatment on my face and neck. I should be free and clear by the end of the year.
Very nice congrats

•  

Arianna Valentine

I know that it could not have been easy for you to hide your true self for over 50 years even I had trouble hiding it for 38 years.  I do know that even though it had to be horrible it also made you so much stronger than anyone could possibly realize and just by posting here you lend your strength to all of the lovely ladies here including myself and I thank you for that.

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Sienna Grace

I think we have corresponded before on the Transgender Talk Board.

Congratulations on coming out at work and for the wonderful reaction afterwards.

I must say I am most moved by your post above.

I know how difficult it is to hide for so long; I only took action at 62 when I could take the GD no longer.

I note from your other posts you have been on HRT 9 months.

You may wish to take a look at "MTF HRT for Older" Thread on HRT Board.

Wishing you further happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Amie June

Quote from: SiobhánF on July 18, 2018, 08:22:39 PM
I'm so happy for you!! You're clearly on your way. I can see why you're so pleased with your testosterone AND estrogen levels - estrogen at 71 is awesome. The woman inside is emerging :) :) :)

Hugs
Lindy
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman