Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: islandgirl on August 08, 2018, 08:54:37 PM
Oh, you are so brave!
Surprisingly enough I think getting my eyebrows waxed hurt more than getting my bellybutton pierced LOL

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on August 08, 2018, 09:05:07 PM
Surprisingly enough I think getting my eyebrows waxed hurt more than getting my bellybutton pierced LOL

Threading my brows is definitely more painful than getting my nose pierced was.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

RoryL

I saw my primary care doctor today and asked for a letter supporting the change of gender marker on my birth certificate, as well as a referral for my orchie.  I left her office 20 minutes later with both the letter & a referral in hand!!
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

Jessica

Quote from: RoryL on August 08, 2018, 10:25:34 PM
I saw my primary care doctor today and asked for a letter supporting the change of gender marker on my birth certificate, as well as a referral for my orchie.  I left her office 20 minutes later with both the letter & a referral in hand!!

Wonderful!  I'm sure you were smiling ear to ear 🌸🌸🌸

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

@RoryL
This is wonderful news...
...this is certainly a happy moment that is very appropriate for this thread.
Please keep up posted regarding your progress.
Thank you for sharing with us here......
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on August 08, 2018, 08:27:04 PM
So I have a few things that made me happy today for one I have a boyfriend super happy I went to Victoria's Secret they help me figure out what bra size I was and panties and I tried on some to figure out what I like and then I spent $95 then I went and did the best and craziest thing I have ever done I went and got my belly button pierced it's so cute and it did not hurt as bad as I thought it would but it made me really happy.  Oh I also wanted to add the ladies at Victoria's Secret were super nice to me treating me exactly like a woman and like I have never been treated so good before so for all my sisters out there Victoria Secret they are wonderful to us.

@Arianna Valentine
This is very exciting... your Victoria's Secret shopping experience and the piercing....  all of this is very affirming and is great for your self confidence!!!

Thank you for posting your good and happy report.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Bobbie Ann on August 08, 2018, 06:27:40 PM
I know it's been a long time since I posted. Shame on me lol.

Today was absolutely, positively, the most bestest day of my life. As some of you know I have a (kind of) adopted son who has a learning disability. I have been trying to help him get his driver's licence for the past 2 years. Well today he got his licence and I am so proud of him. :D

@Bobbie Ann
This is a great report.  I am happy for you that this makes you happy.

Oh, and please post again soon... don't be dormant for so long.

Thank you for your posting.
Danielle

•  

Sabrina Hope

Quote from: christinej78 on August 08, 2018, 02:00:10 PM
Hi Sabrina.                   08 August 2018

You are a wonderful role model for everyone here at Susan's; thanks for posting and allowing all of us to partake in your life and its successes. You deserve all the great things life has to offer; you have earned them.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Best Always, Love
Christine
Thank you very much. You are so kind. Sure I have a lot of self confidence but I don't think it makes me a model. I will take the compliment anyway. Thank you again. So proud to be here. Everyone are so supportive with me.

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sabrina
  •  

Sabrina Hope

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 08, 2018, 09:40:59 AM
@dizz
This is so very exciting for you...
....and here on the forums, all of us are so very happy to read your happy news posting.

Being gendered correctly, having your correct name in all the right places at your company...
...and getting your legal name changed with all of the government agencies, companies that you deal with, bills that you pay, etc, etc... 
This is all very affirming and certainly boosts self-confidence.... and I would think that these things brings many smiles to your face.
Thank you for keeping us all updated.  We are your biggest fans wishing you success in your life.

Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you very much Danielle. If you were closer I would give you real hugs. [emoji4]

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sabrina
  •  

christinej78

Hi RoryL,                   09 August 2018

I see we are neighbors. Best wishes for your transition. I had my orchie 13 April 18, 17 days after I started HRT sans AAs. Have felt great ever since. When I was waiting for my turn in the surgical suite, I could hardly wait to get in there and have it done. I felt great afterwards and as time has gone on I have been feeling even better. Testosterone fueled aggression is gone, I'm more patient, happier, and my emotions are more feminine. I like me better and so do my Dogs. Learned aggression has nothing to do with hormones. It has to be dealt with differently. One just has to teach one self to stifle it.

From your Signature:
"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin   It's also the easiest to remember.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

RoryL

I certainly did have a smile from ear to ear when I left that appointment!   :)
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

Arianna Valentine

OMG so I took a picture in the mirror in just a bra and panties for my boyfriend I have a but now I am so happy I am completely shocked I took a side picture and oh my God it sticks out I am so happy I actually have junk in the trunk

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on August 09, 2018, 01:20:37 PM
OMG so I took a picture in the mirror in just a bra and panties for my boyfriend I have a but now I am so happy I am completely shocked I took a side picture and oh my God it sticks out I am so happy I actually have junk in the trunk

@Arianna Valentine

Please help me to understand your "Happy" post.....

So now that in your new bra and panty side picture that you took for your BF, you see "junk in the trunk" ....
... I am thinking shouldn't that bad news? ???

Please forgive me for being confused about how you worded your post.  I could be way off base here.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Sienna Grace

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 09, 2018, 01:28:48 PM

@Arianna Valentine

So now that in your new bra and panty side picture that you took for your BF, you see "junk in the trunk" ....

Please forgive me for being confused about how you worded your post.  I could be way off base here.
Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,

Far be it for me to speak for another person, butt (pun intended 😂) what I think Arianna Valentine means is that she has some 'loot in the boot' so to speak... In many parts of the world we refer to a car's trunk as 'the boot'. As an English teacher I am fascinated by word etymology - so I'm guessing that 'boot' grew out of 'booty' or vice versa. I'm surmising that AV now has some weight in her butt, as opposed to some undesirable 'junk' in the context of transition.

Have an awesome day. Remember the world is a more beautiful because you are in it.
💋
Sienna
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Sienna Grace on August 09, 2018, 02:47:55 PM
Hi Danielle,

Far be it for me to speak for another person, butt (pun intended 😂) what I think Arianna Valentine means is that she has some 'loot in the boot' so to speak... In many parts of the world we refer to a car's trunk as 'the boot'. As an English teacher I am fascinated by word etymology - so I'm guessing that 'boot' grew out of 'booty' or vice versa. I'm surmising that AV now has some weight in her butt, as opposed to some undesirable 'junk' in the context of transition.

Have an awesome day. Remember the world is a more beautiful because you are in it.
💋
Sienna

@Sienna Grace
Dear Sienna:   Thank you for the very plausible explanation....   I guess I need to have more coffee this afternoon to get my mind working properly.

...... oh, and @Arianna Valentine  I am so sorry that I was confused, please forgive me for having brain fog when I read your happy posting earlier.   
All is very clear to me now as I am sipping my double shot espresso.

Hugs to both of you,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Sienna Grace on August 09, 2018, 02:47:55 PM
Hi Danielle,

💋
Sienna

@Sienna Grace
Dear Sienna:   Oh no, you are an English Teacher!!! 
Now I know that I need be very careful from now on about my spelling and grammar, and my word usage as I will now try harder to compose clearly understood and properly constructed comments and posts.   
I certainly don't want my hand slapped by your ruler.
Thank you dear teacher.

Again, thanks for your posting.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 09, 2018, 01:28:48 PM

@Arianna Valentine

Hugs,
Danielle

lol I'm glad you got it figured out but yes this makes me very happy so happy I came to get my nails done

•  

Donica

I just had my first visit with my electrolysis for facial hair removal last night. She's a lovely European lady who just got back from vacation to see her family in London.

I was surprised that I didn't climb the walls during the hour of treatment. In fact, I put the numbing cream on my chin and with my two index fingers, asked if she would do the area between my fingers. She thought I was pointing to my lower cheeks. So she did a 1 inch area on both cheeks, which didn't have any numbing cream lol.

My next visit will be for 2 hours to do my chin and upper lip. Although I didn't climb the walls, I will make sure she only works on the area with the numbing cream. Ouch!! ;).
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

TonyaW

My wife was on the phone with someone trying to sell her some kind of health product and they asked her about insurance and if she was covered on her husband's plan. She told them not exactly,  it's my wife's insurance. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•