Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 25, 2018, 09:24:03 PM
@Allison S
Dear Allison:
That indeed is a very happy and nice thing to happen....  I am certain that felt good coming from your mother.

I have not been so fortunate to have any acceptance from my mom and dad...  yet.... I say yet because i am not giving up.... but the good and happy news for me is the acceptance that I am getting where I am now.
I am a happy camper for sure.

Again, thanks for your "happy" post today... such wonderful thing regarding your mom and you.
Hugs,
Danielle
I think you will get there sooner than you think... You're the kindest person around... I'm happy you have people around you who are loving and supportive. [emoji173]
Quote from: LizK on August 25, 2018, 10:26:33 PM
Random nice comments...lovely to get but even more special when they come from your Mom.  :D
Yes! It was definitely nice and special in the moment [emoji4] one that I'll remember..

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 25, 2018, 09:24:03 PM
Hugs,
Danielle

What makes me happy today.  Seeing Danielle continue to directly care and support so many of us with her positive personality and smile.  Her wonderful posts are everywhere.  There are people who make the world a better place for all. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Kendra on August 26, 2018, 11:09:41 AM
What makes me happy today.  Seeing Danielle continue to directly care and support so many of us with her positive personality and smile.  Her wonderful posts are everywhere.  There are people who make the world a better place for all.

@Kendra
Dear Kendra...
Aweee... gee whiz...  thank you for your way too kind words.
   I am blushing big time and I am so appreciative of you and also all the members here on the Forums... you all are "family" to me. 
Thank you for all for your support. 
I feel the ❤️ love for sure and I am very appreciative.

I AM SO VERY HAPPY TO BE HERE!!!
Hugs and best wishes to all.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: SiobhánF on August 26, 2018, 12:56:40 AM
My wife put me in for a free makeup consultation with someone trying to build up their portfolio. The makeup consultant was so sweet and helped me learn contouring and highlighting. I was so frickin happy with the outcome. Went to my group and got lots of looks lol. Then, I got to see a friend from FB who is also part of SPART*A. She just got her GCS and is in recovery mode. She finally got to get up and walk around today. What a nice day. :)
@SiobhánF  - That is awesome! - and you look beautiful in your avatar photo - is that from the makeup session when you were taught or you did this yourself? What a lovely thing your wife did for you.

Sonja.
  •  

RoryL

This morning's staff meeting at work included one of the founders of the local Transgender Resource Center presenting an excellent Trans 101 to around a hundred of my fellow employees. Also, I finally completed, assembled, and mailed off the required paperwork to get the gender marker on my birth certificate corrected to "female"!

Yay!!!!!!!!
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

Allison S

I recently straightened my hair so I've been wearing it straight while I interview for jobs... But I kinda miss my natural hair. I was looking at this pic, even though it's short and not styled in anyway, I like how it air dried here... It gives me hope I may like my hair (most of my hair... I have hair loss at my hairline..). Don't mind the alien face lol they're everywhere [emoji23]

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Allison S
Dear Allison:
I for one, love your curly dark hair...  those with straight hair like myself always envy those with curly hair...
... and those with curly hair like yourself seem to envy straight hair....   I guess that the old saying "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"  is so very  true.

You are looking good Allison, but your Alien looking face in your picture that you posted will draw possibly unwanted attention to yourself.  LOL  ;)
Hugs, and well wishes, and thank you for posting your comment and picture.
Danielle

Quote from: Allison S on August 28, 2018, 07:56:38 PM
I recently straightened my hair so I've been wearing it straight while I interview for jobs... But I kinda miss my natural hair. I was looking at this pic, even though it's short and not styled in anyway, I like how it air dried here... It gives me hope I may like my hair (most of my hair... I have hair loss at my hairline..). Don't mind the alien face lol they're everywhere [emoji23]

•  

Allison S

Lol everyone was telling me to straighten my hair so I had my sister do it for me the first time. Well I wish my hair stayed like that in my photo but it just becomes a huge drizzy mess later in the day and especially the next day... Lately I just wanna look presentable I guess

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Allison S on August 29, 2018, 05:10:34 AM
> I wish my hair stayed like that in my photo but it just becomes a huge drizzy mess later in the day and especially the next day

I solved this with "Brazilian Blowout" chemical straightening at a salon every few months - basically a reverse perm.  Also sometimes called Liscio or Japanese Hair Straightening, popular in regions with high humidity. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Kendra on August 29, 2018, 11:07:40 AM

I solved this with "Brazilian Blowout" chemical straightening at a salon every few months - basically a reverse perm.  Also sometimes called Liscio or Japanese Hair Straightening, popular in regions with high humidity.

Ohh yes thanks! My hair actually does stay straight enough and easy to maintain usually... I meant that I wish my natural wavy/curly hair stays looking good longer after it air dries.. I know I could use products and maybe even hairspray so that my hair holds before it "poofs", but I'd rather not use all that since my hair is fairly soft... But yes I think when my hair gets longer if it's harder to manage and keep straight when I want that I'll turn to the brazilian blowout [emoji4]

•  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Sonja on August 27, 2018, 07:06:45 PM
@SiobhánF  - That is awesome! - and you look beautiful in your avatar photo - is that from the makeup session when you were taught or you did this yourself? What a lovely thing your wife did for you.

Sonja.

Yes, that is from the session. I agree, she did such a lovely thing for me and I'm forever grateful. Thank you! ^_^
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Arianna Valentine

I went to the pharmacy today and there were two older gentleman in front of me one of them invited me to church as a woman said I could go to the ladies meeting the other one asked me if I was a mother I said yes and he told me a joke but what made me happy about it is he automatically assumed I was a mother didn't say Sir asked me if I was a guy or anyting just ask me if I was a mother and if I had any children lol felt so good

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Allison S on August 28, 2018, 07:56:38 PM

It takes a LOT of effort to make my naturally straight hair do that.  And it never stays for long.

Ah the duality of womanhood...
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Donica

I just went to my first trans support group meeting last Thursday night. It was so wonder to finally meet and talk with other trans people in person. This group meet weekly and I will definitely be going back. I will also be checking out another trans support group that meets twice a month. I sure could of used this after this mornings events. But I posted about that in another thread. I'm still waiting for my VFT and FFS approvals but after speaking with folks in the group, I understand now why it's taking so long.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on August 31, 2018, 02:34:07 PM
I just went to my first trans support group meeting last Thursday night. It was so wonder to finally meet and talk with other trans people in person. This group meet weekly and I will definitely be going back. I will also be checking out another trans support group that meets twice a month. I sure could of used this after this mornings events. But I posted about that in another thread. I'm still waiting for my VFT and FFS approvals but after speaking with folks in the group, I understand now why it's taking so long.

Hugs,
Donica.
@Donica
Dear Donica:
Well, this is great news about your support group and even another support group that you may be attending...
Of course we all need as much support as we can get..... that is the exact reason that you, I and other Susan's Place forums members are here, for support from each other.

Regarding your other post regarding your less pleasant day, I have read your post on the "unhappy" thread and have replied to your comment there.

Waiting for your VFT and FFS approvals can indeed take more time than the patience that any of us have.  Hang in there, in due time you will get your answers.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

ds1987

It's not yet noon, but so far...

Waking up next to my beautiful, supportive partner started today in the happiest way.  Our love has made this journey so much more fruitful and bearable than it would have been otherwise  :icon_love:

•  

ds1987

Quote from: Allison S on August 29, 2018, 05:10:34 AM
Lol everyone was telling me to straighten my hair so I had my sister do it for me the first time. Well I wish my hair stayed like that in my photo but it just becomes a huge drizzy mess later in the day and especially the next day... Lately I just wanna look presentable I guess

Uuuuugh I feel your pain.  This hair is naturally thin, curly/wavy, frizzy, and tangles when someone sneezes from across the room.

I have found a few techniques that work, but if I'm not planning to straighten it then letting it dry in a braid is the best.  I'm still experimenting with various products/combinations to make it as maintainable as possible.

•  

Allison S

Quote from: ds1987 on September 01, 2018, 11:17:26 AM
Uuuuugh I feel your pain.  This hair is naturally thin, curly/wavy, frizzy, and tangles when someone sneezes from across the room.

I have found a few techniques that work, but if I'm not planning to straighten it then letting it dry in a braid is the best.  I'm still experimenting with various products/combinations to make it as maintainable as possible.
I just tried dove shampoo and conditioner and honestly I have to say it works pretty well. At least for my hair. I tried because a lot of people I came across suggested it... I'm kind of suprised my hair isn't a big poof ball yet lol I washed it yesterday..

•  

SiobhánF

Had a great full day in my only dress and it was the best day I've had in a very long time. My wife and I took our boys out for our son's birthday celebration at the movies and IHOP. I even got ma'am'd while being handed my food. Ooh, I'm over the moon about it. :)

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                  02 September 2018

What made me happy today? My Best Friend!!!

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •