davina61

Kendra's birthday !!!! Happy Birthday dear XXXXXX and hugs
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

SiobhánF

I'm pretty excited that I'll be petitioning for my name change and getting my ears pierced this week. I got in touch with someone who does most of the leg work and just has me fill in information. Of course, I'll have to go to the court thing to get it finalized, but I'm taking steps in the direction I want to go. So, I'm pretty happy about all of this.
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Sonja

@Kendra  - Happy Birthday!!  :icon_birthday:

@SiobhánF - OOH Exciting!!

its my birthday this month and 4 hours ago I plucked up the courage to email my wife (at work) what I really want for my birthday, after some back and forth conversation on facebook messenger  - and checking out my choices she said "Ok cool, order them", so I did -  2 dress's on sale ordered!!, one black tea dress, one floral wrap casual dress.........!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! -  My wife is buying me 2 dresses for my birthday!!!!! and possibly a pair of new heels or flats but we'll see.

Sonja.
  •  

Amie June

I had an appointment at my endo's office today for my 3-month checkup and all my labs were good. But the best part was hearing nurses and my doctor call me by my female name :) :)

Lindy
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

Faith

Life

I have, in the past, posted in the unhappy thread a similar response ... life

I am happy to say that it does not apply anymore. I was practically bouncing last night when my wife and I took an evening walk. Even the threat of rain didn't dampen it.

I've found myself singing tunes. I've found myself singing tunes TO my wife. Those that know may wonder about that since I do sing on stage and at jams. That is not the same as impromptu singing to one person with no music.

life is good.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on September 14, 2018, 08:55:54 AM
Life

I have, in the past, posted in the unhappy thread a similar response ... life

I am happy to say that it does not apply anymore. I was practically bouncing last night when my wife and I took an evening walk. Even the threat of rain didn't dampen it.

I've found myself singing tunes. I've found myself singing tunes TO my wife. Those that know may wonder about that since I do sing on stage and at jams. That is not the same as impromptu singing to one person with no music.

life is good.

@Faith
Dear Faith:
I was just about bouncing myself when I read your "Happy" post.
Yes indeed, life includes ups and downs for all of us...

I am so glad to hear that you have found your "happy place" in your life lately.   
As the old saying goes: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

It is not only our good times that define us but it is also how we personally deal with our not so good times.
All of these things can be summed up as "Life Happens" 

Life is indeed good .... life is better than the alternative.
Thank you for posting and sharing.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JeannieLuv13

I decided to walk somewhere after work today, I passed by this guy in a car and he gets my attention and asks if I need a ride.  I declined, of course, and said I was fine.  But lately I've been questioning if I appear or act feminine enough and I took that as my answer that I don't need to worry about that so much.
  •  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Allison S

I don't know what it was today. This sort of bothered me a bit too (at first). I wrote about it in the "unhappy" thread earlier... I was wearing an outfit similar to the one in my profile pic here. Well, I wasn't showing nearly as much of the "chest area"-  it wasn't as low of a cut top... but my outfit was well fitted to my curves... I still think I look fairly masculine overall. But I didn't really have any issues, now that I look back on my day. I noticed guys were nice... They told me to have a "great" day and were somewhat helpful at the dmv. I guess it was alright.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on September 17, 2018, 06:02:22 PM
I don't know what it was today. This sort of bothered me a bit too (at first). I wrote about it in the "unhappy" thread earlier... I was wearing an outfit similar to the one in my profile pic here. Well, I wasn't showing nearly as much of the "chest area"-  it wasn't as low of a cut top... but my outfit was well fitted to my curves... I still think I look fairly masculine overall. But I didn't really have any issues, now that I look back on my day. I noticed guys were nice... They told me to have a "great" day and were somewhat helpful at the dmv. I guess it was alright.

@Allison S:
As you know I did read your other post in the "Unhappy" thread and suggested to you that the day is young and it could get better.   

Well.... isn't it wonderful that it got a lot better!!!
Thanks for posting your good news, I was hoping that things would improve for you.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 17, 2018, 06:36:07 PM
@Allison S:
As you know I did read your other post in the "Unhappy" thread and suggested to you that the day is young and it could get better.   

Well.... isn't it wonderful that it got a lot better!!!
Thanks for posting your good news, I was hoping that things would improve for you.
Hugs,
Danielle

Yes, I saw! It was actually the same incident(s) earlier from the day. I just felt very insecure in myself honestly...

•  

Faith

Oddest things catch you unaware sometimes.

Lori was at the kitchen counter (she makes my lunch daily so that I have time to fix my face) and we were talking about my choice of work clothes. I had mentioned thinking of wearing a skirt and opted for slacks. She said, without thinking, "We need to find you another dress similar to that other one". The other one being the slinky one that showed my bloated belly .. anyways .., She said it and then paused and looked up at me (I am still taller!!) and said, "There's something I never thought I'd be saying"  :D

disclaimer:
events and depictions have been paraphrased from a faulty memory
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:   Wow, that was certainly a "good event" for you having your Lori give you positive pointers about how you should dress for work.  ...  ... and I love her reply to you as she stated:
   "There's something I never thought I'd be saying"
That must have made your day for sure.

Thanks for sharing your happy news on this "happy" thread.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Faith on September 18, 2018, 11:34:06 AM
Oddest things catch you unaware sometimes.

Lori was at the kitchen counter (she makes my lunch daily so that I have time to fix my face) and we were talking about my choice of work clothes. I had mentioned thinking of wearing a skirt and opted for slacks. She said, without thinking, "We need to find you another dress similar to that other one". The other one being the slinky one that showed my bloated belly .. anyways .., She said it and then paused and looked up at me (I am still taller!!) and said, "There's something I never thought I'd be saying" :D

disclaimer:
events and depictions have been paraphrased from a faulty memory

•  

Michelle_P

I had a funny one happen while I was out walking this afternoon.  At a signal/crosswalk, a couple came up next to me.  The woman looked me up and down, and said, "That's a great looking dress!"

The dress is black and white patterned, with a red pattern band near the hem.  She started trying to guess the designer with her husband...

I interjected, "It's from COSTCO".  "No way!"  Yes, way!

The dress was a $12.99 Mario Serrani from the COSTCO bargain tables. [emoji4]
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 18, 2018, 04:46:03 PM
I had a funny one happen while I was out walking this afternoon.  At a signal/crosswalk, a couple came up next to me.  The woman looked me up and down, and said, "That's a great looking dress!"

The dress is black and white patterned, with a red pattern band near the hem.  She started trying to guess the designer with her husband...

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
Yes indeed, your bargain table dress really looks nice on you.   You look so very beautiful in the picture that you just posted in that dress...

Unfortunately I do not have a Costco anywhere near so I have to wait for my every other month big city shopping trip with a few of my gal friends....  we usually plan at least one overnight stay because of the long 6 or 7 hour drive each way.   I have never seen a "bargain table" at my Costco....  I will make a concerted effort to look for it on my next trip.

Again Michelle, you look absolutely wonderful ...  I am glad that your recovery is going so well.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

LizK

She was absolutely right!!! It is a great looking dress...maybe not as good as the gal inside of it  ;)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

VickyS

Well, what made me happy last night was my electrologist saying that I have really feminine arms and hands - small wrists and feminine shaped arms, and that no way would she ever think they belonged to a male.  She then said I should have done this years ago...  well, yeah!  ::)

Sometimes it's the little things...  ;D
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

MollyPants

I've started my journey with gender GP in the UK. They've been really helpful so far :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

Good find!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

Today, the Nova Scotia government introduced amendments the the Vital Statistics Act including several gender-related changes.  They will allow "X" as a gender on birth certificates.  But the big one for me is that they will allow foreign-born people to change their official gender without having to amend their birth certificates. 

Woo-hoo!!
The changes go into effect in January, so I won't have to wait for the darned Brits to change my birth certificate, which I can't do until July.  I'll be able to get my "F" on my driver's license.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •