Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova_Noelle

I bought my first pair of women's jeans today!  They fit great! More pairs to come! I was worried about not finding something that fit me as I'm still far from my ideal body shape (still pre-HRT). 

As the weather turns cooler, I really wanted to switch over to wearing women's jeans.  I'm madly in love with my first pair.  Yay!!

With Love,
Noelle
Have courage and be kind.
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Nova_Noelle on September 23, 2018, 05:22:12 PM
I bought my first pair of women's jeans today!  They fit great! More pairs to come! I was worried about not finding something that fit me as I'm still far from my ideal body shape (still pre-HRT). 

As the weather turns cooler, I really wanted to switch over to wearing women's jeans.  I'm madly in love with my first pair.  Yay!!

With Love,
Noelle
Yes, they are the best. I wear them all the time. But now you have to develop a solution to carry around all the stuff you used to put in your pockets! I use a gender-neutral fanny pack when I'm not in femme mode.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Got a good workout this weekend, plus a lot of things done.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

Walking around an exhibition today with my wife, and we were addressed mostly as "ladies" by the vendors.  The only exception was one who called us "guys", which is annoying, but doesn't mean anything.  So, even if I don't pass 100%, I certainly pass well enough.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Spent last evening watching the grand kids.  At bedtime they said they wanted me to do the honors since nana put them to bed the last time.  Never saw that coming!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 23, 2018, 08:09:23 PM
Walking around an exhibition today with my wife, and we were addressed mostly as "ladies" by the vendors.  The only exception was one who called us "guys", which is annoying, but doesn't mean anything.  So, even if I don't pass 100%, I certainly pass well enough.

Hi Kathy,               24 September 2018

"The only exception was one who called us "guys", which is annoying, but doesn't mean anything." It does mean one thing: The idiot that uttered it is stupid and a jerk.

You and your wife both look fantastic. It makes me happy that you both have each other.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Donica

I went to a free makeup class yesterday. My first makeover. I think I can almost look at this picture without disgust. I don't like the lipstick. I think a more burgundy or brown color would be better.

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

@Donica
I meant to respond in your thread. It is a very complimentary photo. The make-up accents the more feminine features very well. I agree on the lipstick, I can't do the brighter reds either, a more natural coloring works best for me and probably you as well.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 23, 2018, 08:09:23 PM

I agree, "guys" in that context is a generic term and applies to all genders. Unless it was a pointed comment, "you... guys" it means the same as "you folks."

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Lori and I got "guy'd" a few times on Saturday, by gals and guys ... <<-- see what I did there? :D ... both. It was definitely used as a gender-neutral expression. I do it myself but I avoid it on the forums.

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Faith on September 24, 2018, 10:56:01 AM
Lori and I got "guy'd" a few times on Saturday, by gals and guys ... <<-- see what I did there? :D ... both. It was definitely used as a gender-neutral expression. I do it myself but I avoid it on the forums.
LOL   :D  I heard someone arguing in favour of "guys" as a gender-neutral form of address.  She said, "I have heard both girls and guys use it that way.  ...  Oh!"
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

krobinson103

I had a discussion with my Girl friend and we both agreed that sometime down the track marriage wasn't a silly idea. :) Lots of stuff to deal with first but... its a step in the right direction.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: krobinson103 on September 24, 2018, 11:55:28 AM
I had a discussion with my Girl friend and we both agreed that sometime down the track marriage wasn't a silly idea. :) Lots of stuff to deal with first but... its a step in the right direction.
Wow, congratulations!
  •  

Donica

Yay! I just had a handsome gentleman hold the door for me while entering the bank this morning. I said "Thank you so much". He said "My pleasure" with a nice smile. Big smiles at the gas station too. That made my whole day!!!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: krobinson103 on September 24, 2018, 11:55:28 AM

That is good news. Congratulations!
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Donica on September 24, 2018, 10:44:18 AM
I went to a free makeup class yesterday. My first makeover. I think I can almost look at this picture without disgust. I don't like the lipstick. I think a more burgundy or brown color would be better.
Donica, just catching up here... Like you I generally favor the less bright red lipsticks, but in this context with the red highlights in the blouse, it looks great on you. Don't be afraid to accent when you want to. You look great!
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Donica

Thank you Randy. You are too kind. The more I look at it the more It looks to me like that scary old lady in the dark and scary old house at the end of the street lol.
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Donica on September 24, 2018, 01:26:28 PM
That is good news. Congratulations!

Its far from certain but we both share the same vision for the future (5-10) years out and I do love her to bits. It just centers on how to sort out support for my family and still have money for me to live on. Simple - I think not but not impossible. People told me transition was impossible, its not. Just a good plan and lots of steps in the right direction.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

MollyPants

I started my degree at University today :) I was bit nervous about getting back into early starts as I left my job a while ago and have been doing part time work since! It's very exciting!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

How to say this with minimal details.
I'll try this:
A new co-worker, same department so more direct interaction. Anyways, I felt a distancing/uncomfortable feeling and I didn't want that with someone that I work with. So, since day one I had intended to tell her that it was OK to ask questions, I'm fine with answering educationally, not for the perversely curious. You know what I mean.

Anyways, today I finally got the chance and approached her. Her response? "I just thought you were an older woman and didn't want to insult you by saying anything. I did have a feeling because I'm pretty good at recognizing my own kind but I wasn't sure"

O.O

Wait a minute .. OLDER? .. ok, I am old. But for someone that's a lifer (one that has known since single digits and living it) to wonder but decide I'm an older woman .. I'll take it. I am .. amazed? shocked? .. in wonder?? I don't know what to say.

We had a good long talk about things, our different perspectives and approaches, with that underlying "I understand" beneath it all. She was a bit shocked that it's only been a year (almost) of self-awareness for me with only ~7 months HRT.

I think my world is coming together.

yep, Happy moment

•