Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 25, 2018, 01:14:47 PM
How to say this with minimal details.
I'll try this:
A new co-worker, same department so more direct interaction. Anyways, I felt a distancing/uncomfortable feeling and I didn't want that with someone that I work with. So, since day one I had intended to tell her that it was OK to ask questions, I'm fine with answering educationally, not for the perversely curious. You know what I mean.

Anyways, today I finally got the chance and approached her. Her response? "I just thought you were an older woman and didn't want to insult you by saying anything. I did have a feeling because I'm pretty good at recognizing my own kind but I wasn't sure"

O.O

Wait a minute .. OLDER? .. ok, I am old. But for someone that's a lifer (one that has known since single digits and living it) to wonder but decide I'm an older woman .. I'll take it. I am .. amazed? shocked? .. in wonder?? I don't know what to say.

We had a good long talk about things, our different perspectives and approaches, with that underlying "I understand" beneath it all. She was a bit shocked that it's only been a year (almost) of self-awareness for me with only ~7 months HRT.

I think my world is coming together.

yep, Happy moment

It just gets better and better! Yays Faith!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Wait, what?  Am I reading that right that your co-worker is trans but gendered you as a cis woman (albeit "older")?  That is awesome, Faith!  SQUEEEEEEEE!!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 25, 2018, 01:20:12 PM
It just gets better and better! Yays Faith!

Stephanie
YAYS !!!!

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 25, 2018, 01:32:58 PM
Wait, what?  Am I reading that right that your co-worker is trans but gendered you as a cis woman (albeit "older")?  That is awesome, Faith!  SQUEEEEEEEE!!

Exactly that .. yes .. Big SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

For myself, I had just a passing thought, a very passing fleeting thought about her but also immediately went, nah, just a big gal. Because she is a big gal, pretty too.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 25, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
YAYS !!!!

Exactly that .. yes .. Big SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

For myself, I had just a passing thought, a very passing fleeting thought about her but also immediately went, nah, just a big gal. Because she is a big gal, pretty too.

So you're not the first!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 25, 2018, 01:46:12 PM
So you're not the first!

Well, she transitioned sooner, yes, I've worked here longer. She just started. NYAH!

•  

sarah1972

Scheduled a consultation appointment for GRS for Nov. 6th ... SQUEEEE

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 25, 2018, 01:54:17 PM
Well, she transitioned sooner, yes, I've worked here longer. She just started. NYAH!

So who has Señora T?

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on September 25, 2018, 02:00:35 PM

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Well, for sure .... SQUEEEE !!!
This is very exciting news....  as always I will be following your thread to keep updated about what your plans are and when additional appointments are planned....
   I am rooting for your success and especially your happiness.

Hugs and hugs and as always, well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: Faith on September 25, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
For myself, I had just a passing thought...

Well now you see others have that same "passing" thought about you!  A wonderful experience Faith.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: sarah1972 on September 25, 2018, 02:00:35 PM

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SQUEEE for sure Sarah

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

EvaB

Been a long time since I have been in this site.  I am new in ways to transgender, especially when it comes to clothing.  and today, for the first time (after 8 months of HRT) I have dressed in what I consider full female regalia.  What really makes this special is I am wearing my first pair of nylon-like stockings, 3/4 length, with lacey frill around my thighs.  Such a little thing, stockings, but today it really made my day...  Don't overlook the little things!   
"You cannot be happy if you are not joyful about something.  When you find this joy, happiness, grace, and virtue will follow.  The Way of the dog is to find this joy every day and to never give up this search." - Said to Eros, the Metaphysical Dog by his mother, Skylark.  Good advice for human's too!
  •  

davina61

Had a temp manager today, used to work with me and got dead named all morning . Kept correcting him and by the afternoon he got my name right!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on September 26, 2018, 03:25:18 PM
Had a temp manager today, used to work with me and got dead named all morning . Kept correcting him and by the afternoon he got my name right!!!!

Sometimes persistance pays off! Good Job Davina!

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

ChrissyRyan

I am finally starting to look a bit better proportioned.
It does seem like when I do lose some weight
it comes off mostly from everywhere, but when
I put on a little weight, it is going to the
right places.   ::)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Faith

Today at Goodwill, at the checkout, a lady started a conversation with me by saying ,"Have we met before at <some location> we had a lot of fun". I was like, not me, I'm only just now starting to have fun.

After a brief pause she struck more conversation. Responding that I'm a work in progress she said that she has several friends transitioning. I told her how long it's been (short time) and her response was, "It's working for you, you're very pretty" .... squeee .... (small squee, I don't want to get in trouble with Steph by exploding).

already a bouncy day that really set me off .. WOOOOO!  :D

disclaimer:
paraphrased, my CRS prevents verbatim recitations

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 29, 2018, 01:35:47 PM
squeee .... (small squee, I don't want to get in trouble with Steph by exploding).

PUBLIC NOTICE:

Due to the high costs incurred by all the litigation, and in order to have more time for her family, Stephanie has put the term "Squeeesplosion" into the public domain. Attribution is appreciated but not required.

TL;DR: Knock yourself out.

Stephanie

•  

Donica

Thank you Stephanie. I was so worried that I might accidently let that slip out on occasion.

OMG! Have I really missed a whole page in this thread? Where the heck was I? Oh no :o, am I missing some time here? I didn't see any flying saucers? I don't feel violated? This thread has gone viral over the past day.

This is what made me happy today. Reading all of these happy post. It makes my day.

Hugs everyone!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

AoifeB

This was technically last week, but it was fairly affirming. Sunday I took my girlfriend out to dinner, and had a typical outfit on. Tank top, jeans, light make-up. So we got to the restaurant, and I was just about to open the door when a guy just behind us said, "let me get that."
  •  

Lisa

I went shopping today in 'boy mode' (all fairly baggy male clothing except for women's jeans, no makeup, etc.) but I was addressed as 'ma'am' anyway. :)  That's 2 weeks in a row now that I've gotten no 'sir's and a few clear male fails! :)
  •