Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AoifeB

It's been a good week so far. HRT is progressing, girlfriend has mentioned more changes she's noticed. I was dealing with a lot of dysphoria about my hair earlier, but now I have a haircut scheduled! I ran into a cousin of my mom last month at pride (I don't know why the local one is in September). She went thru cosmetology school and did my mom's hair for her a lot, so I reached out. Feeling good, hoping I can quiet some of the stress after this.
  •  

SiobhánF

My girlfriend and I confessed our love tonight. What a relief! My heart can rest now because we've both been saying it about the other at night before we sleep. It just became too unbearable to hold it in any longer and we both wanted so badly to say it before this Saturday. Ugh! This feeling is unreal. <3
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Faith

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 11, 2018, 01:01:06 AM
My girlfriend and I confessed our love tonight. What a relief! My heart can rest now because we've both been saying it about the other at night before we sleep. It just became too unbearable to hold it in any longer and we both wanted so badly to say it before this Saturday. Ugh! This feeling is unreal. <3

congrats! I agree, the intense feeling are .. intense :D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Faith

This was last night, too late to post as I was going to bed

I recounted my DMV visit (HERE) with my eldest daughter. When I mentioned them asking if 'he' was here, her reply was, "Well, they weren't expecting a pretty lady".

**heart melt**
:icon_cry:

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on October 11, 2018, 06:04:29 AM
This was last night, too late to post as I was going to bed

I recounted my DMV visit (HERE) with my eldest daughter. When I mentioned them asking if 'he' was here, her reply was, "Well, they weren't expecting a pretty lady".

**heart melt**
:icon_cry:

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Yes indeed, the comment that you mentioned.... "Well, they weren't expecting a pretty lady".
would indeed make your heart melt, especially coming from your daughter [emoji173] and for sure hearing that from anyone would be a most welcome and self-affirming thing to hear.

Thank you for sharing this really good and HAPPY report.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Amie June

I survived my first electrolysis appointment! And to my surprise it was completely tolerable! (Of course Motrin and numbing cream helped :)) My technician was very friendly and welcoming, and I can't wait to return. I never thought I'd admit this but it was no worse than the laser I've been getting. There are so many lessons for us, aren't there? Now if I can just find a pair of cute girl shoes to fit me I will be so very happy.

Big hugs to everyone,
Lindy
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 11, 2018, 01:01:06 AM
@SiobhánF
Hey Siobhán Thats awesome! 

Sonja.
  •  

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

cassiebythesea

I came out today to a long time friend of mine. He's the only gay person out of my old crowd back home, so it was kind of important to me for him to know. As of now that makes two people from my old scene that I'm out to. Not a lot, but it's sure a start.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: cassiebythesea on October 12, 2018, 01:03:18 AM
I came out today to a long time friend of mine. He's the only gay person out of my old crowd back home, so it was kind of important to me for him to know. As of now that makes two people from my old scene that I'm out to. Not a lot, but it's sure a start.

every step is a step forward in the right direction, each one as important as the one before. You can't take a next step without having a previous one.

•  

sarahc

I had a great 2nd week of transition:

* 2nd therapy session
* Came out to 2nd person
* Bought first clothes - and I liked how I looked in a dress
* Had first laser session - beard and chest.

Not bad for being in this transition thing for only 10 days.  :)

Starting to put together a long-term transition timeline / plan. It's coming into shape, but there are definitely some conflicts / tradeoffs that I'm going to have to resolve between my transition and the rest of my life. I just want transition to be over ASAP, but I am starting to understand why it never goes as fast as you want.
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Roberta W

I received a push-up plunge bra that I ordered through Torrid, and it fits perfectly.  That's always a nice feeling.  Now I have a good bra to wear with a low-cut top that will show some cleavage.   :)
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

Lynne

I have two weeks of vacation coming up this month and I decided to spend that time testing if being full-time could work. I started preparing for that by buying a new epilator, a lot of nail polish and make-up and a few clip-on earrings. I would have never thought that a little make-up and a pair of earrings will make me like what I see in the mirror when my hair is in a pony tail.
  •  

MollyPants

It was actually on Friday but I've only just got round to posting it...

I went out in one of my favourite dresses from my house to my friends house. It's the first time I've left my house dressed in something nice not just neutral! My friend also invited me to her hen do!! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Arianna Valentine

So I met up with some ladies from trans women National yesterday never thought that I'd. Be in that scene cuz I was trying to keep myself solo I guess but it turned out to be a lot of fun and I probably over dressed for the occasion but I had fun and I look good doing it I think

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Sarah1979

Texted my cousin a bit today... he says he wants to preserve our relationship and doesn't want to fight about my nature.  He says he'll read some more about transsexuality, and wants to discuss it without fighting anymore.

*Crossing fingers*

Sarah
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 14, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
Texted my cousin a bit today... he says he wants to preserve our relationship and doesn't want to fight about my nature.  He says he'll read some more about transsexuality, and wants to discuss it without fighting anymore.

*Crossing fingers*

Sarah
Even starting to have an open mind is an improvement I'm sure he will get to a place to where you two are comfortable with each other

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Sarah1979

Yes it is, I'm so happy just thinking of him being ok with me. :D

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

KatieP

I know it's silly, but I got my ears pierced yesterday.

To this point, I have worn the hoops that look like your ears are pierced, but they are a bit hard on the ear lobes.

I have wanted to have them pierced since I was 13, which was a very long time ago...

Kate
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: KatieP on October 16, 2018, 01:27:41 AM
I know it's silly, but I got my ears pierced yesterday.

To this point, I have worn the hoops that look like your ears are pierced, but they are a bit hard on the ear lobes.

I have wanted to have them pierced since I was 13, which was a very long time ago...

Kate

Nothing silly about that in my opinion, getting your ears pierced is a big step, it's something that is visible and a sure sign of change. I can imagine how happy this makes you, I wanted to have them pierced for more than 20 years now, it will be my gift for myself when I go full-time.
  •