News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 17, 2018, 08:55:06 PM
I got my name changed! I'm officially Bridget Siobhán Flanery. The commissioner was such a sweetheart too. I had my girlfriend with me, as well. Ooh! I can't wait until I get to be there for her name change hearing. ^_^

edit: I forgot to post a photo of my order. lol

That's great news Bridget. Congratulations. A very affirming moment in your life.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Donica on October 18, 2018, 02:41:46 PM
That's great news Bridget. Congratulations. A very affirming moment in your life.

Hugs,
Donica.

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Laurie

Congratulations Bridget Doesn't it feel good? Strange but good.

I am still trying to remember who I am.... that could just be old age I guess.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sonja

@SiobhánF

Congratulations Bridget! Surely this deserves a celebratory song...let me pick one out for you..

Sonja.
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Laurie on October 18, 2018, 09:45:26 PM
Congratulations Bridget Doesn't it feel good? Strange but good.

It does!

Quote from: Sonja on October 18, 2018, 09:47:08 PM
@SiobhánF

Congratulations Bridget! Surely this deserves a celebratory song...let me pick one out for you..

Thanks, love! ^_^
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

ChrissyRyan

I went to a spa and received a facial and a neck, arms, hands and face massage.  My face is brightened up.    :D

I sure have been paying a growing amount of attention to good skin care, diet, and overall appearance. 

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah1979

My therapist told me he is going to be working on my gender marker change letter over the weekend :)

Sarah
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 19, 2018, 03:05:18 PM
My therapist told me he is going to be working on my gender marker change letter over the weekend :)

Sarah
That is awesome news congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on October 19, 2018, 03:11:43 PM
That is awesome news congrats!!!

Thank you, I've been floating all day :D

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 19, 2018, 03:05:18 PM

Sarah

Sarah,

That is so good news!   Great!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Gabrielle66

OK here is something simple but it really made me feel great. I shaved my legs for the first time in my life. They aren't as smooth as I had hoped for but it really made my day. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Gabrielle66 on October 19, 2018, 09:34:33 PM
OK here is something simple but it really made me feel great. I shaved my legs for the first time in my life. They aren't as smooth as I had hoped for but it really made my day. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
It is very tricky to get your legs to come out as smooth as you want them to be what I usually do is go against the grain or against the hair flow and it does tend to get a closer shave but if you are doing something like this I would suggest a really good razor I myself like the Gillette fusion blue here's a picture of it works really good plus it has a edger/trimmer for those tricky areas the third picture you can barely tell it but there is a single blade trimmer and it works very very well on ears directly underneath your nose where a normal razor can't get

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

cassiebythesea

Nothing too big, but it's the small steps that count. As of tonight, I'm now out to almost all of my closest friends. Most of the people I've known for years that I would count as much a part of my family as my own relatives, are now aware and in my corner. Feels almost unbelievable after all these years of hiding that I'm finally able to not only tell my friends about this, but that they'd all be fully supportive.
  •  

Gabrielle66

Quote from: cassiebythesea on October 19, 2018, 11:40:49 PM
Nothing too big, but it's the small steps that count. As of tonight, I'm now out to almost all of my closest friends. Most of the people I've known for years that I would count as much a part of my family as my own relatives, are now aware and in my corner. Feels almost unbelievable after all these years of hiding that I'm finally able to not only tell my friends about this, but that they'd all be fully supportive.

Cassie,

That is truly awesome! I can only hope to have a fraction of that success with my friends and family when the time comes. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I continue my counseling and am starting to feel better about myself and my gender thoughts and feelings.

Chrissy
  •  

Gabrielle66

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on October 19, 2018, 10:24:05 PM
It is very tricky to get your legs to come out as smooth as you want them to be what I usually do is go against the grain or against the hair flow and it does tend to get a closer shave but if you are doing something like this I would suggest a really good razor I myself like the Gillette fusion blue here's a picture of it works really good plus it has a edger/trimmer for those tricky areas the third picture you can barely tell it but there is a single blade trimmer and it works very very well on ears directly underneath your nose where a normal razor can't get

Arianna,

Thank you for the suggestion. I think that I may not have taken enough time to do the job right. I do have a pretty good razor from the dollar shave club that I feel works really well. It also has that nice single blade for tight places, so I am with you there. That extra blade is super handy. My legs feel pretty nice today. I definitely like them smooth. I'm thinking it might be interesting to try having them waxed sometime for a super smooth sensation. I've decided not to allow society to dictate how I look anymore. If I want to be smooth that's my business. I will definitely make sure to run against the grain the next time I decide to shave my legs. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Gabrielle66 on October 20, 2018, 09:51:30 AM
Arianna,

Thank you for the suggestion. I think that I may not have taken enough time to do the job right. I do have a pretty good razor from the dollar shave club that I feel works really well. It also has that nice single blade for tight places, so I am with you there. That extra blade is super handy. My legs feel pretty nice today. I definitely like them smooth. I'm thinking it might be interesting to try having them waxed sometime for a super smooth sensation. I've decided not to allow society to dictate how I look anymore. If I want to be smooth that's my business. I will definitely make sure to run against the grain the next time I decide to shave my legs. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
That is great news that you finally got them as smooth as you like I know shaving is tough for a lot of us because we're not used to shaving other areas other than our faces so it's definitely trial-and-error for me it's worse because I have psoriasis all over my legs and the Fusion razor doesn't seem to cut up my legs as bad which is nice also as far as Society dictating how you look you do realize that professional athletes shave their legs wrestlers on WWE a world known product shave all of their body hair male and female athletes who swim shave all their body hair the men even go as far as to shave their heads and this is socially acceptable so don't feel like you shaving your legs is socially unacceptable because it's not it's socially normal oh also one issue that I had once or twice shaving Against the Grain or even with it is shaving before the hair had enough time to grow out far enough and it ends up pulling the hair follicles out ripping them out and there's usually a bit of blood or at least for me there is

•  

Arianna Valentine

This is going to sound odd to be happy about but I went to the Urgent Care cuz I hurt my shoulder and what made me happy about it is the Doctor Who was older gentleman kept calling me Miss and her

•  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on October 21, 2018, 02:58:03 PM
This is going to sound odd to be happy about but I went to the Urgent Care cuz I hurt my shoulder and what made me happy about it is the Doctor Who was older gentleman kept calling me Miss and her

That's awesome! ^_^

•  

tarabel

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 17, 2018, 08:55:06 PM
I got my name changed! I'm officially Bridget Siobhán Flanery. The commissioner was such a sweetheart too. I had my girlfriend with me, as well. Ooh! I can't wait until I get to be there for her name change hearing. ^_^

edit: I forgot to post a photo of my order. lol

Congratulations Bridget Siobhán - a great Irish name  ;D
  •